[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>20 >In college >Can't find a job even at minimum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1448564917852.png (371 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1448564917852.png
371 KB, 640x960
>20
>In college
>Can't find a job even at minimum wage
>Can't afford driving lessons/car/house/take care of myself
>When a temp agency calls me they give me maybe 1 week of work before not having anything for months
>Paying into social security that will be bankrupt by the time I am ready to retire

Is there any hope for young people, any at all?
>>
>>69857073
emmigration
>>
Quit bitching. It doesnt get better overnight. Things take time you impatient children.

I started off minimum wage around 19/20 and now Im 26 and make 65K a year.
>>
you just gotta get out there and shake some hands. Be sure to look them directly in the eye when you take their help wanted sign down. Bootstraps
>>
>>69857073
You don't have enough willpower.
>>

You must be one ugly fucktard.
>>
>>69857073
Watch these.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaveRamseyShow/videos
>>
>>69857073
Driving lessons at 20 years old?
>>
>>69857205
But I am already 20 and still can't find a job. And I still have 2-3 years of college to go through.

>>69857234
My Grandpa said the same stupid shit not realizing in his day he could walk in and just get the job after a few tries. Now they all tell you go online, where you literally just become another number.
>inb4 call
After calling the HR person for a check up on the application process they never even emailed me back.
>Boomer: Pull yourself up by the firm handshake, walk in and bootstrap the manager in the eye

>>69857375
Canadians need not apply. You chinese people have unlimited connections up there and a great economy despite having a worthless dollar
>>
>>69857839
My parents say I am terrible at driving and they don't want me driving their car.
I was behind the wheel a grand total of 2 times

>>69857735
>DaveRamsey
>Not Grant Cardone

That still doesn't help with a job. And finance advisors only help if you have a steady income. You can't save money if you don't make any
>>
>>69857903
stop going to college, for real, stop, that is bad move number one
>>
>>69858424
This is the worst advice I have EVER heard

I saw a job posting the other day for Data entry. They wanted a 4 year college degree for data entry at 12$/hr.
This is data entry we are talking about. Typing numbers into an excel spreadsheet now requires a degree.

A college degree is basically a requirement today.
>>
>>69857903

If you can't find a decent job anywhere in the northern world, it means that you either live in rural shithole, you don't try hard enough or you're an ugly fucktard who freaks the employers.

Go to your local renovation center and ask for a job. Tell them: Hi, my name is Fucktard and I really want to work here! I'm a fast learner and I am ready to start tomorrow!

I did this as a teenager and it's only bright memories. The pay was shit but I learned tons of usefull shit, developped some manual skills and the days flied by.

You're too ugly for public jobs? Go work in a call center. Find the largest company around and apply for a warehouse job. Costco pays massive dollars for a relatively easy job.
>>
>>69859176
>I did this as a teenager and it's only bright memories
Again if you were a teenager in the early 90's you had it EASY. In the greatest economy the world had ever seen.
You are also not in the US, specifically the northeast.

Lastly I've already stated I went to a temp agency which is bottom of the barrel as is.
>>
>>69859935
I worked for a temp agency as an electrician at 22 years old and they kept me working 14 hour nights at $21/hr as long as I was willing to work for them. If you weren't in college I'd have recommended a trade.
>>
>>69860265
They have me at a food processing plant at 9$/hr. The regulars get paid the same or 1$ extra.
The agency only gives me about 1-2 weeks a month, with long breaks in between where they have nothing for me.

And you mean Electricians apprentice right? You can't work as an Electrician without 4 years or journeymen level.
>>
Work at McDonalds until you have enough to move out of your obviously garbage state. Seriously. You're better off homeless in Alaska than working in shithole States.
>>
>>69860791
I have more than 4 years worth of experience, but I haven't bothered applying for a license because I don't have any time to take the required coursework.
>>
>>69859935

Look. There are jobs out there. You don't live in Greece or Spain where 40% of youth is unnemployed. Maybe your approach is deficient. Don't just go and ask for a form to fill with your empty credentials. Ask to speak to the manager, wear clean clothes ( buy a pair of second hand khakis and a nice shirt, comb your hair and smile), tell the manager straight up you want the job, shake his hand... good things don't just fall from the sky, you'd be surprised how much these little things matter for an employer.

As a teen, I've never been called back after leaving a form.. every job that I got was by speaking directly to the manager. I know it's anxiogenic, but what's the worse that could happen to you? A smile and an I'll call you back, anon.
>>
>>69857073
>minimum wage

Found your problem
>>
>>69858927
I don't have a college degree and I literally fucked 3 hookers this weekend pleb
>>
>>69857073
V O T E T R U M P
A
G
A
>>
>>69858927

Apply anyway and have a good resume, if you really badly want it figure out their hiring person and give them a call.

They do shit like that specifically to keep idiots from applying. Idiots like you.
>>
>>69862940
How is getting laid even remotely related to getting employed?
>>
>>69857073

> 20 years old
> needs driving lessons

Your generation is beyond pathetic. Literally everything about you is gay and annoying.
>>
DUDE LMAO I'M A GREATER ONE THAN YOU BRO HAHA, WHAT A FAGGOT
>>
>>69857073
>22
>Bounced from Army into mental ward
>Spend time talking to beings of light
>Get out, throw away pills
>Get a van and drive
>Walk into local business with nice shirt from Goodwill (bless them)
>Resume is hand written from memory, but all checks out
>Offered job and housing, $40000
>Autistic skill at job, promoted, $65000
>Buy guns and abide warnings from beings of light

It isn't that hard. Go somewhere else and don't be weird. Driving is easy. Not being able to drive it weird.
>>
File: 1459646385758.gif (1 MB, 450x252) Image search: [Google]
1459646385758.gif
1 MB, 450x252
>>69857073
If you're close to any rural areas get a job on a farm during the summer and just go full ham for the whole summer. I work on a sod farm doing harvesting and irrigation and make enough over the summer to pay for 2 terms in uni, pay expenses, and have some left over come next summer. It's pure nigger work and you work 7 days a week 10 hours a day, but all dem hours add up.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.