[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do 'modern' churches support shit like homosexuality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: 1458698555588.png (300 KB, 1500x2207) Image search: [Google]
1458698555588.png
300 KB, 1500x2207
Why do 'modern' churches support shit like homosexuality & female leadership? Is it just so they can cater to more degenerate followers? One would think that they would read their own bible: Matthew 10:34
>>
>>69851695
>Churchs
>Reading the bible.
>>
I attended a fag marriage once at a universalist church.

It was a fucking gaian pagan ritual of some sort.
>>
>>69851695
Most modern :christian" churches worship a god called "relevance". Being "relevant" to pop culture is more important than folowing the God of the Bible. The pursuit of relevance begins innocently with using rock bands and other cheap gags to be cool for millenials, but ends with a complete abandonment of what the Bible teaches.
>>
>>69851695
>churches
>>
>>69851695

Most modern Christians are hipsters that think that only the New Testament matters, so therefore anything goes morally.
>>
>>69852671
I agree with your point, but I just want to clarify that the new testament says more than once that homosex if wrong
>>
Orthodox revolution when?
If only there was a Trump to save the vatican
>>
>>69852493
The kind of music doesn't matter, though it is modernized to draw new people in at some churches. I'm happy not to be reading from an old hymn book anymore. Accessibility only becomes a problem when it becomes the most important thing and the message changes.
>>
>>69853020
Thats what im saying basically. Changing up the music isnt inherently wrong, but doing it purely for relevance sake is very dangerous.
>>
>>69853092
I don't know what the big deal is about the music, though. Get a good priest who doesn't make everybody complain about every little thing he does wrong just because he's shit at homilies, and, as a result, everybody hates going regardless of the music.
>>
>>69851695

they are falling away from the truth, brah. Try to hold firm.

2 Timothy 4:3
>For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, (4) and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.…

>teachers in accordance to their own desires
>own desires

People would rather not condemn themselves than change, it seems.
>>
>>69853287
I think people get wrapped up in the style of music instead of substance. Millenials wont worship with anything that isnt rock, geriatrics think anything written after the 1400s is heterodoxical. I personally judge the music mainly on substance and what th words are saying. But, that being said i am very wary of rock band churches just becuase using a rock band sends the message that the church might care more about style than God
>>
> implying there was any objectivity at anytime
> implying social norms weren't already challenged over the course of history
> implying tradition wasn't already ridicule by definition
> implying history isn't propaganda

How much more retarded can you be?
>>
>>69853000

>Orthodox revolution

SLAVA ROSSIYA!
>>
>>69853603
If you need rock music to draw the kids in, then that's a problem.

Otherwise, it's fun as long as the music is good. And I can just go a different time if I want to hear organ lady rock the house instead.
>>
>>69853868
Agreed. Music isnt a problem until it is more important than God
>>
File: 0,,18759263_303,00.jpg (37 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
0,,18759263_303,00.jpg
37 KB, 700x394
>>69853551
>>teachers in accordance to their own desires
>own desires

>People would rather not condemn themselves than change, it seems.

The essence of Christian homosexuality within the Church.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/a-gay-lobby-at-the-vatican-one-cardinal-says-its-real-and-pope-francis-is-responding-15439/

http://m.dw.com/en/vatican-priest-fired-after-coming-out-as-gay-ahead-of-key-summit-on-family/a-18759360

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/germanys-bishops-just-published-an-apologia-for-gay-marriage-this-crosses-a
>>
>>69854100
This
>>
>>69853551
>People would rather not condemn themselves than change, it seems.

It's an arrogence to deny their sinful nature, and a lack of humility to trust in God who condemns their actions.

Remeber St Antony in the desert:
>“I saw the snares that the enemy spreads out over the world and I said groaning, “What can get through from such snares?” Then I heard a voice saying to me, ‘Humility.’ “
>>
New Crusade when
>>
>>69854100
>Catholics
of course.
>>
>>69854570
Many people who claim to be christians these days deny the existence of absolute laws, hell, etc
>>
>>69852796
Find me the part where jesus says anything about gays

spoiler; you cant
>>
>>69856748
Jesus confirmed that the layed down by God in OT was true... thereby affirming that homosexuality is wrong
>>
>>69852493
Yeah, because without relevance your church dies out.

Meet any members of the cult of Zeus lately?
>>
>>69857068
The scripture is always relevant regardless of how it is dressed up. God doesnt need us to reinvent church in order for His word to spread.
>>
>>69856913
If you accept the OT, then you basically have to live like a Jew. You can't just pick and choose the parts of the OT you like - so when is the last time you observed the Sabbath? Eaten any pork lately?
>>
>>69853000
John Paul and Benedict stacked the College of Cardinals with conservatives. Just wait it out and it'll be okay.
>>
>>69857251
Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Jesus de-empasized legalism but he didn't erase the fact that sin exists.
>>
>>69853624
1 - the fact that we have a post-ironic shitposting god who likes to kill everyone's subjective assumption, demonstrates that there is in fact an objectivity somewhere

2-but today we dont challenge social norms, we are meta-challenging meta-social norms, we somehow equated revolution with social engineering, so now the "challenging" doesnt go from the bottom to the top, but rather from the top to the bottom. They destroy OUR way of life, they have always been degenerates. Its civility good will what keeps peace in a non hierarchic group.

3- tradition is a collection of ancient memes for body functions and natural realities. There is a practical reason for every silly game humans play. Destroying them, or making you aware of them, is robbing you of your humanity and transforming you into a meta-human that is what a marxist, or rather a "critic of western civilization" actually is

4- is a propaganda war , that makes it valuable, both sides are so desperate in capturing you, and so inclined to underestimate you, that you can see their motives if you pay attention on how and when things were said rather than what
>>
>>69857159
I'm in one of those types of communities, actually. Lots of old German immigrants that have their own little old style church with wooden benches and unpainted rough pine floors and 100 year old German hymns. Things haven't really changed that much in the past 150 years of the church, with the last major reform being the introduction of English service after German service has concluded for the morning.

Guess what?

If trends continue, there will be absolutely no one in that church in about 30 years.

Remind me again why the church doesn't need to reinvent itself to stay relevant.
>>
>>69857556
>fulfill
i've read this verse in context and had some experiences that lead me to disagree with your interpretation.
>>
>>69851695
because religion has no purpose in the future
religion and tech is not compatible
why should i care about the afterlife when i'm immortal?
>>
>>69858214
How so anon?
>>
>>69858830
wait nvm i reread his post. i was disagreeing with that "you can't eat meat" guy
>>
>>69857556
Observing the Sabbath is one of the commandments, it's not some obscure thing from the Book of Judges. When is the last time you asked for forgiveness for doing work on the 7th day? Saturday, by the way, not Sunday as the paganistic Catholic church instituted to appeal to pagans by holding their holy day on the Day of the Sun.

Speaking of commandments, you know all those crucifixes of Jesus? Or stained glass windows? Or nativity scenes? Those are graven images, and you are not to create a graven image of anything that is in heaven. Again, more appeals to relevance instituted from the Catholic church to get pagans to convert. Heathenism has been in the Church for a long time.

This shit isn't new. It's been going on for over 1000 years.
>>
>>69858730
Because technology won't make you immortal. If it did, you would not want to be immortal anymore. You will merely wind up enslaved by human endeavors.

But it's your choice.
>>
>>69858931
>Because technology won't make you immortal
>If it did, you would not want to be immortal anymore.
so yes i can be immortal? essential making the point of religions 100% pointless
got it
>>
>>69859273
Being immortal is not the point.

But if you want to get into transhumanism, then pay close attention to what they say. You won't even know if you're really you or not. Who gets to be immortal in that case? Is it you? Will you know? Cheaper an easier to take a lethal dose of morphine perhaps.
>>
>>69859394
>Being immortal is not the point.
it is the point
humans becoming immortal completely destroys religion
>You won't even know if you're really you or not. Who gets to be immortal in that case? Is it you? Will you know? Cheaper an easier to take a lethal dose of morphine perhaps.
>would prefer to kill themselves rather than become immortal
yep typical religious mind set
>>
>>69851695
Even my father who is pretty damn conservative thinks gays are fine.
He grew up Catholic.
In Newfoundland, of all places.
And he still doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>69851695
maybe western ones

here not so much
t.christian
>>
>>69859567
>implying true immortality is even attainable
>>
>>69859630
If we can get computers to be powerful enough then it is. There will be a day where we can upload our consciousnesses to computers, and achieve true immortality as a result.
>>
>>69859710
But energy is ginite, man.
>>
>>69859567
I don't think religion has much to do with it. When it comes to transhumanism, there is in deed blind faith in stuff that people don't know about.

What I always invite persons such as yourself to do is to come learn more about the technology to the point of developing it yourself. You might come to understand better what it's really all about. And, believe me, we need a lot of better minds working on these things or we'll be lucky to remember how we used to just casually shitpost about some imagined immortality or other.
>>
>>69859784
*finite, my bad.
>>
>>69859784
Nah man, solar panels and spaceships. We'll just keep traversing the universe, finding star after star.

Eventually, we'll also find some way to keep the universe from dying.
>>
>>69858931
Yeah, but god can make you immortal right?

The price, however, is to have literally everything that makes you "you" ripped away so that you are purged of all sin so that you are little more than a prayer machine that lives and breaths for god. You are to sing praises to god forever and ever for the rest of your million billion trillion years of eternity. And you'll love it, because everything human about you is gone. You can literally imagine nothing else but loving god.

Meanwhile, for those of us that don't want that? We'll be tortured forever and all eternity in unimaginable pain in the lake of fire. And you'll know. Everyone will know about the billions being tortured in unimaginable hellfire that will never know peace or rest or salvation ever.

Do you realize how long forever is? A normal person would eventually just die from the pain, but there is no rest in the lake of fire. There is only gnashing of teeth and wailing. Can you imagine the screams? The eternal screams that never stop and can never stop and will sing on forever?

And you'll know. Everyone in heaven will know. And you'll sing gloria and we'll sing screams of eternal hellpain and it will never stop.

Forever.
>>
>>69859989
Sorry, not enough of a sadist to want that to happen to you.
>>
>>69859989
To be fair, unless God is willing to alter those in Hell in some way, then it's possible to get used to pain, no matter how painful it is, after a while.

Give it one or two hundred years, and it's likely that your soul will have built up some form of tolerance, as humans, and by proxy the human spirit, are resilient little fuckers.

>>69860139
The problem is, if you get into Heaven, you'll have no choice but to be okay with it, as God would take away anything from you that isn't loving and worshipping Him. That's how God works, and for some reason, people think he's great.
>>
>>69860277
Will you really have no choice but to be okay with it? God has been known to cast out of heaven those who would prefer something different.

He'll probably sort you out better than you could sort yourself.
>>
>>69860535
>God has been known to cast out of heaven those who would prefer something different.
When did that ever happen?
>>
>>69860139
It's all right there in his word. Eternal hellfire. The blazing furnace. The realm of the dead. The lake of fire. That is where we go, whether you like it or not.

But! You will like it! And after you are purged of sin, you won't think those unclean thoughts anymore. Your faith in god will never waver, so while you sing gloria you will be happy. Because that is the only thing you will ever know.
>>
>>69860535
Thing is, that's not really sorting you out, that's forcing you to conform with a threat of eternal punishment. It's just a fucking Mafia tactic, really.
>>
>>69860675
Something about Lucifer

>>69860680
Doesn't sound like my definition of happiness. But it's not like I can tell you what exactly happens. Maybe when we die it's just nothing.

>>69860837
Like I said, it's your choice how you want to live your life. Nobody's forcing me.
>>
>>69851695

>end objectivity
>implying there was objectivity to begin with

Care to justify this? Because it makes no sense.
>>
>>69860959
Again, this just means that God is a cunt to me. He's literally forcing you to worship him for eternity or burn for eternity.

Literally "It's okay when God does it."
>>
>>69861130
I know a lot of people who think that way about it. Usually they have good reason for doing so.

But nobody's forcing you to do anything other than yourself. I was told that the word "gospel" means "the good news" as in Jesus happened by (or whoever it was, or maybe it was just a cult myth) and said, more or less, "hey what if we all stopped being complete dicks to each other and then we can all get along better?" Maybe tipped over some money-changer tables when they were making money off the temple. And so they had to execute him publicly because apparently that's very threatening.

I don't know. It all sounds pretty reasonable to me.
>>
Churches don't want anything but your money, they're useless parasites. Just look at the catholic church, when they know that the population in a certain area is liberal, they send a liberal faggot priest, when they know it's conservative and nationalist, that's the kind of guy they send. And the bucks keep rolling in.

People often have the misconception that churches make certain areas and populations traditionalist and conservative, but they don't, they just leech off it.
>>
>>69861410
Except it's not reasonable.
Imagine someone saying they were going to torture you for the rest of your life unless you give them a certain amount of money each month.
That is literally what God is doing in this scenario, except at least a thousand times worse, as the torture is more severe, and for a much longer period of time, and what you're giving him is not just money, but literally your entire existence being dedicated to worshipping him.

It's retarded.
>>
>>69860959
Your "definition" of happiness doesn't matter.

His word is pretty clear on what you will be like when you reach heaven. All earthly burdens are lifted, the curse of sin is gone, and you will put to death your earthly nature.

Remember, the curse of sin is the knowledge of good and evil that was gained after Adam and Even ate from the tree of knowledge. You will not know those things, that burden will be lifted. You will simply have faith in god and be happy. That you aren't happy with it now is only proof of your sinful nature.

The descriptions of heaven and hell are pretty sparse, but what little bits can be found in
Colossians and Revelation and Mathew are pretty fucking grim. Baptists and the like take it to a new level and basically just preach about metal album covers, but that is his word. And his word is good - the good news!

Good news! Billions suffer for eternity.
>>
>>69861551
Maybe you need to find a different church or something. I don't recall being held ransom for my behavior or my money.

In fact I decided not to give the church any of my money after I found out they were being used as a venue to bring in the illegal invaders. So fuck that. I don't take my marching orders from an institution of man.
>>
>>69861708
Ever read, "The Inferno" by Dante? Obviously that's not canonical or anything, but it might help you to understand my way of thinking about it.

Am I right? Am I wrong? I'm not going to find out until it happens anyway.
>>
>>69861708
The problem is that we are made entirely out of our Earthly nature. For all intents and purposes, we no longer exist. Something else takes our place, some bastardized version that only knows one action.

>>69861776
My point is that God is, from what I've read just in this thread alone, tyrannical and evil.
I don't care what he thinks is just, since his sense of justice is pure evil, and nothing more.

I'd rather suffer in Hell than be lobotomized in Heaven.
>>
>>69861708
Are you against Christianity or for it?
I can't tell if your being sarcastic with some of the things you say.
>>
>>69861883
Well, it's easy to fear things that you don't understand. That's natural. I'd be lying if I said I weren't afraid of what happens when we die.

But to my way of thinking all you can do with rationality in the meanwhile is make the best sense out of things that you can. It sounds like you're on the right path as far as that goes.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.