[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /pol/s opinion on lacrosse players and lacrosse in general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: JOCA8264.jpg (277 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
JOCA8264.jpg
277 KB, 1000x666
What is /pol/s opinion on lacrosse players and lacrosse in general? What about hockey?
>>
>>69850812
Best sport
>>
File: Limerick-hurling[1].jpg (53 KB, 585x300) Image search: [Google]
Limerick-hurling[1].jpg
53 KB, 585x300
lacrosse is for faggots who need a net to hold the ball for them

best bat and ball game coming through
>>
Two of the best sports. Lots of navy seals are former collegiate hockey and lacrosse players. The NHL probably has the best role models for kids among all major sports leagues. Very few basketball-americans and the ones who do play are usually based.
>>
>>69851757
True I know someone who played in the MLL and later joined the SEALs.
>>
>>69851551
Everyone who plays lacrosse likes hurling as well. It's not that we don't play it because it's painful, it's just that no one plays it in the US.
>>
Hockey and laxbros are fine in my opinion because they embody white maleness so well. This makes them natural targets for the media. I doubt that many of them are redpilled though.
>>
Obscure and irrelvant sport for rich white kids .
>>
>>69850812
>Hey Dad! What a sport that nobody except north eastern colleges give a shit about? I need to put 100% of my effort into playing an unmarketable sackball game and I need to make sure nothing comes of it after I turn 21 and graduate with a bachelor's in liberal arts
>>
>>69852088
I'm currently a senior in HS and everyone on the team supports Trump and shits on the blacks on our town. They're redpilled but not /pol/ level redpilled.
>>
You are pretty much labeled gay if you play lacrosse in the states.
>>
>>69852231
>>69852088
Must be an American thing. I played as a teen and there were a bunch of angry native kids from dysfunctional, drunk families on my team. I hated them but they played well.
>>
>>69850812
The 2 most based sports in existence
>>
>>69852577
Also about half of my town was reservation, the shit half obviously.
>>
>>69852253
Kek
/thread
>>
>>69852253
Most lacrosse guys go into finance and work on Wall Street.
>>
>>69852411
You must be from california, or you're poor and grew up poor
>>
>>69852411

Lacrosse players are gods in high schools and colleges in the northeast and mid-atlantic. They get the hottest girls period.
>>
Lacrosse is cool, but I absolutely love Hockey because I've played it all my life and played it at University level.
>>69852088
Not many chads are "redpilled" they are usually apolitical but tend to vote conservative, because they actually have shit to conserve.
>>
>>69852231
>implying that's bad
I thought /pol/ was pro white? Why would you not support a sport mainly played by the white elites? Are you mad that you got chirped by a few lax bros bc you're poor?
>>
>>69852411
You must be a poor kid from a rectangular state if lacrosse is hated in your area. Probably because you grew up in a society of minorities that hated the white elite. Stay mad you inferior
>>
>>69852809
>and played it at University level.

Kek. Canadian university sports are a joke. They're for scrubs who couldn't make it to american unis or amateur leagues
>>
>>69853206
well, I played for a uni in SWO, which is fairly competitive, I would've liked to have played in the OHL, but that's all in the past and I like how my life has gone.
>>
>>69852707
Prove it?
>>
File: cr7.jpg (58 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
cr7.jpg
58 KB, 620x387
>>69850812
Football is a lot better
>>
>>69850812
Lacrosse is gay as fuck. It's why it didn't make sense anybody believed that lying cunt who said those lacrosse players raped her. Everybody knows lacrosse players wouldn't touch a woman because they're gays.
>>
>>69853781
My dad, people who went to my high school, a few friends, etc. I probably will too considering I'm planning on studying something finance oriented when I'm at UPenn

Here's a few articles on lacrosse players who work on Wall Street:

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-lacrosse-players-on-wall-street-2013-4

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-03-22/wall-streets-lacrosse-mafia

http://www.thewire.com/national/2013/05/wall-street-remains-occupied-lacrosse-bros/65541/

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/09/sport/garrett-billings-lacrosse-toronto-rock/
>>
>>69850812
Not redpilled.
>>
>>69853781

At prestigious schools with good lacrosse teams (Ivies, Duke, Hopkins, UNC, UVA, D3 LACs like Middlebury, Williams, Amherst) most lax players major in Econ/Finance (or even Poli Sci) and end up working on Wall Street.
>>
>>69853781

Look at old rosters for top tier d1 teams. Then check those names against LinkedIn. I did this out of curiousity and saw a lot of people working at Goldman Sachs (must be a duke connection). A lot work in finance/law.
>>
Also, there's not many sports that combine the need for conditioning/strength/coordination the way hockey and lacrosse do. If you are lacking in any of those three fields your pretty much fucked unless your a goalie (strength and conditioning isn't very important).
>>
>>69854386
I have only ever heard baseball players, minorities, poor people, or actual gay people themselves (who most likely got shit on by lax bros in high school) ever say this. Lax bros/frat bros are the top of the food chain in high school/college when it comes to getting bitches. I remember all of the baseball kids getting the mediocre looking girls in high school and them always hating the laxers. Stay mad, you fucking poor mexican
>>
>>69850812
Hockey is the greatest sport in the world. Crossbros seem to be the rich snobby kids
>>
>>69854901
>Crossbros seem to be the rich snobby kids
>Implying that's bad
>>
>>69853983
>not playing both

If you aren't a year round athlete you shouldn't be on /pol/ and are a failure as a man.

>Fall
Football
>Winter
Basketball, Boxing, or Wrestling
>Spring
Baseball, lacrosse, or soccer (if european, but idk when europoors play grassdive)
>Summer
Tennis, golf, sailing, rowing, swimming, or conditioning
>>
>>69854783

I was a goalie in both. Conditioning and core/lower body strength is really important in hockey. Not quite as big a deal in lacrosse but you definitely do a fair amount of running (usually when clearing the ball).
>>
>>69851757
>but canadians are considered good role models

are you new? /pol/ has taught me to never take canadians seriously
>>
>>69854439
>>69854561
>people that went to prestigous schools get prestigous jobs

shocker
>>
>>69854439
>>69854561

True, but a lot of them are butt monkeys who are capped career wise, unless they luck into management. Moreso than your average financier and mostly because they major in meme-tier majors and never pursue any further education
>>
>>69850812
i used to play this shit in middle school I played midfielder and goalie. Being a goalie sucks If i had a dollar for the many times I've been spiked in the nuts I'd be taking my lambo out for a drive in hollywood hills
>>
>>69853983
Worst sport ever Texas. Croquet is more exciting.

Lacrosse and hockey are two of the three best sports. Baseball of course being the best.
>>
>>69855300

Wall Street is filled with guys who what pol would consider meme-tier majors. Your major doesn't matter as much as the school you go to.
>>
>>69854837
Our HS the tennis players got all the pussy, because our tennis team has made nationals so many times it's more exclusive. Our football team is decent, but always fails at State (I was first string wide receiver t.t). We went undefeated during our regular season sophmore and junior year and got crushed at State, feels bad man.

Sometimes feel like I'm the only one who didn't go armed forces and stayed athletic. Even post uni, I'm still in excellent condition.
>>
>>69855071
You need a lot of lower body strength to contest ground balls in lacrosse. If you can't box them out or get boxed out, you lose every skirmish
>>
File: 1459609106477.gif (783 KB, 245x242) Image search: [Google]
1459609106477.gif
783 KB, 245x242
>tfw want to play hockey but live in Texas
>next best thing is Lax but 2 hour drive to practice
Who /d-pole/ master race here?
>>
>>69855620
Both matter. I'm not going to go into my full life story, but I work at citadel. Most of the upper people are fat or nerdy fucks, I'm stuck in the trenches with the rest
>>
>>69855796

Ya in my experience the better goalies were just as athletic as any other guy on the field.

Still, there are definitely fatter guys who can cut it at the D1 level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvfRxVzA_M0
>>
>>69855457
>baseball

is this joke? Absolutely no athleticism in the sport, just a bunch of fatties swinging a stick and running around in a circle
>>
>>69852253
underrated post
>>
>>69855926

Yeah it's a little different at a quant focused place like citadel. I was thinking more of the IBD-->PE track. Having a stem background is not as big of a deal but it definitely helps.
>>
>>69856159
No Ted. The joke is the seven Canadian NHL teams.
>>
>>69855899
I'm an LSM

Just move to the northeast
>>
I played Goalie in college. Was a great experience, got me in best shape of my life and I got to play against major teams. Great fun. Being a goalie hurts a lot though.
>>
>>69857857

You gotta be nuts to play goalie. Where did you play?
>>
>>69857660
B-but muh funs
>>
File: 4L_XlldP68J.jpg (116 KB, 453x440) Image search: [Google]
4L_XlldP68J.jpg
116 KB, 453x440
>>69852383
Same situation here. Literally every kid on my team (except one, our only Mexican) is a trump fan. One of the other teams in my area wears team MAGA shirts to every game. Lacrosse is the most redpilled sport. (Hockey probably comes close second)
>>
File: 1459302769090.png (160 KB, 243x247) Image search: [Google]
1459302769090.png
160 KB, 243x247
>>69852253
>tfw when you a Pre-Med Lacrosse player

Not a very good one tho
>>
File: 1459287880320.gif (2 MB, 337x268) Image search: [Google]
1459287880320.gif
2 MB, 337x268
>>69855049
In 10 years you'll be trying to convince me to buy a STX head for my son.

I won't.
>>
>>69858707
What the fuck are you talking about. The x10 and proton are north great heads
>>
>>69858855
*Both
>>
>>69858855

He's talking about his wife's son. And those are decent for defense but not great anywhere else. Unless you play the crease a lot on offense
>>
Best sport in the world
>>
>>69859042
This guy gets it.

While I am in this glorious thread, can someone link me their workout? I play Attack but I am on the skinnier side of the physique.
>>
>>69859366

Id recommend mad cow. 5x5 progressive weight increases. Or look up Nebraska football workout my foot put on like 20 pounds of muscle doing it (he was all American last year but plays defense).

you can always use your build to your advantage, lots to lanklets do fine on attack because it's easier to get your hands free and you have longer steps
>>
>>69859705
My boy**

Not muh foot
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA_6ud1V3oc
p much just this
>>
>>69859950

STILL NOT ASKING FOR IT.

When will you shitlords understand my outfit is not an invitation for sexual advances?
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.