[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the 1920s, America was just another developing nation. By
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: child-watching-tv.jpg (16 KB, 1100x825) Image search: [Google]
child-watching-tv.jpg
16 KB, 1100x825
In the 1920s, America was just another developing nation.

By the 1990s, America was the most powerful nation on earth.

Why?
>>
World war 2 faggot same with russia
>>
>>69839067
The United States has been a world power since the mid 19th century
>>
We were probably the most powerful nation in the 20s
>>
>>69839067
WW1 and 2 were lucky for the US.
Europe was broken and it was the largest developed country in the world.
Also >>69839436
The US had been a strong power ever since its independence and even before as a colonial power.
>>
>>69839607
Britain was at the height of its power in the 20s you faggot.

Just gained a fuck load of new colonies after WW1
>>
>>69839067
Because they actively robbing other countries.
>>
>>69839067
what makes you think the US was a "developing nation"?
at the time, the entire world was, from modern perspective, backwards as fuck

> 1920's america
world leader in industrial innovation
world leader in steel
world leader in energy
world leader in education
world leader in agriculture
world leader in technology
world leader in finance

> british education
nice one Nigel.
U 'avin a giggle m8?
ahl fockin stick you bruv!
word to me fockin mum!
>>
Real answer: EU was destroyed during WW1 and WW2, and USA had the only means of mass production, combine that with an exploding work force (The baby boomers everybody on here hates) and that made our wealth grow exponentially, while EU was trying to rebuild itself.
>>
>>69839773
And?
Our industrial capacity was about the same in the 20s as it was in the 40s and we were easily able to create a navy that dwarfed yours
>>
>>69839067
Free market, individualism, and "the American dream".
>>
>>69839067
>1920s America
>"developing nation"

Enjoy your delusions fagtron.
>>
because it was a european nation in all but location.
>european population
>european cultures
>european habits

it developed the way any other major european nation did.
when world war 1 came, european nations tore themselves apart. then 20 years later they did it again.
european countries were devastated 2 times within 30 years, while not a single enemy combatant ever set foot on american soil.

america lost troops and money in the wars, but it didnt suffer the devastation of it. no cities in ruins, no millions of civilians killed or displaced, no families torn apart or eradicated. and it didnt have its government wiped out and its constitutional order overthrown and rewritten (which severely hurt france, germany, russia, and most of eastern europe)
>>
Europe knocked itself out during wwII, did American took all their gold
>>
>>69839907
> ww2 destroyed the EU
> 20 years before the EU was formed...
> time paradox

retards everywhere!
>>
File: ouchie.jpg (78 KB, 493x328) Image search: [Google]
ouchie.jpg
78 KB, 493x328
>>69839907
>EU
>In the 1920s
ooooooh
>>
The US essentially raped the allies in WWII charging for all the military assistance given.

Europe essentially sacrificed itself to defeat Hitler
>>
>>69840630
>thinks EU was formed in the 1960s
>apparently others are retards

you dun goofed friend
>>
>>69839067
WW2
W
>>
>>69840811
>allies in WWII charging for all the military assistance given.
Why should we have give it to you for free?
>>
File: 1458847319246.png (292 KB, 422x499) Image search: [Google]
1458847319246.png
292 KB, 422x499
>>69840630
>20 years
>>
>>69839067
>America was just another developing nation in the 1920s
This is the most uneducated post I've read in a long time
>>
>>69839067
In my opinion, there are three major factors:

First off, the constitution of the United States of America is a beautiful document and probably the finest national constitution to ever be written; the emphasis on personal and economic freedom were absolutely revolutionary (no pun intended), and played a huge role in the success of the USA.

Secondly, immigration had a major impact. Because of the freedoms guaranteed in its constitution, the USA experienced large amounts of immigration which allowed its population to grow exponentially, and therefore granting the nation a much larger GDP, allowing it to compete and eventually dominate international trade, and also create a large military, which would again allow it to compete and then dominate international politics.

My final and arguably weakest point is the matter of World War 2. As we all know, the USA played a major role in the outcome of the war, leading the AEF charge on from Normandy to Berlin, and almost single handedly defeating the Japanese. An important thing to keep in mind, however, that the fighting took place entirely in Europe, Africa, and Asia, leaving North America relatively untouched. This allowed the USA to focus its resources towards Europe and Asia in selling materials to help rebuild Europe. On top of this, the collective "high" a nation feels after a victory can serve as a huge boost as well, and I feel this added to the USA's large growth in power from 1945-1990.
>>
>>69840915
> the EU is a transcendent organization that moves beyond the mortal realm, it is eternal and sublime, spanning the universe and all that ever was or ever will be

according to the EU's own "history" it formed in the 1960's.

the goof be thee, not me, canadian dingleberry.

http://europa.eu/about-eu/eu-history/index_en.htm

how do my nutz taste?
salty enough for you?
>>
>>69840811
Do you expect to pay for coffee at a shop for free? No, there's gonna be a fee.
>>
>>69841557
That's like saying NAFTA created a union between the US, Canada and Mexico. In some broad economic terms it did...just like the EEC after the war.

The EU didn't exist until the 90s.
>>
>>69839067
isolated
white
hard working
technological invention
>>
>>69841525

Well said Leafriend. A few other important points to note:

>Massive brainboost caused by intelligent/wealthy Euros coming to the US to flee Nazi Germany/not deal with the aftermath of the war

>Unique geographical positioning (Canada to the North was/is friendly and stable + an excellent trade partner, while Mexico is not a threat and it provides cheap labor) in which the Pacific and Atlantic oceans provide both a natural line of defense as well as giving the US two incredibly profitable coasts loaded with ports for trading with Europe and Asia.
>>
>>69841092
> smug implication that the EU was NOT formed in the mid 60's some 20 years after ww2 ended.

in fact i was being generous, before 1993 there was no organization called "The European Union" at all, wile their own "history" asserts that the pre-EU forerunner organization congealed from the treaty of rome's EEC organization sometime in the mid 60's

to be quite specific, the EU didnt even exist then, much in the way the "United States" didnt exist officially until the ratification of the US constitution in 1788

if you wish to argue that the Pre-EU treaty organizations constitute the "EU" then you will have to explain exactly when it was created in your (worthless) opinion, because even the EU doesnt support your buffleheaded assertions.
>>
>>69842142
The best two things to ever happen to the US were the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
>>
>>69839067
How shit has UK education become if you really had to ask this?
>>
Supplying both sides in ww2 also slow played ww2
>>
>>69842062
i was being generous.
the EU claims it's genesis in the mid 60's and i didnt feel like starting a pissing match over semantics and naming rights.

you know how these eurofags get when you challenge their vague claims.

look how salty and butthurt they get when i use the EU's own assertion for their formation

the EU is a failed experiment, it is teetering on the edge of the abyss after only 13 years of formal existence as several key members are preparing to drop out, but it will not die easy.

germany doesnt surrender its dreams of hegemony without a fight.

the 4th reich will likely try to force britain, greece, poland etc to stay in their suicide pact

i anticipate at least some threats of force to keep EU members from seceding, possibly even a full scale war as germany tries to retain it's power over their Liebensraum
>>
>>69839773
>height of its power
>1920's

You had just recently lost an entire generation of men to War and the Spanish Flu. I think the height of the British Empire was prior to 1914
>>
>>69839067
WW2.
>>
>>69839067
Lol half the replies just accept your premise.
>>
>>69839067
It's always been a clean slate for the joos
>>
America was an economic super power since the 19th century. It became a military superpower after WW1, and after WW2 became one of only 2 relevant superpowers left on the stage.
>>
File: hmmmmmmmm.jpg (65 KB, 590x332) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmmmm.jpg
65 KB, 590x332
>>69841525
That's interesting. So ultimately feeling good, being USA, and immigration to the USA allowed itself to generate superpower wealth?

These 4chan explanations. Love you guys.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.