[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indiana, USA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
Going to Seymour, Indiana in August. First time in the States.

Anything worthwile to see around here? (5hour drive~)
What should i avoid?
Any tips on behaving myself?
How's the state generally to live in?
>>
>>69824007
conservative state, largest city has a pop of 900,000, cheap to live in, weather that changes every five minutes can experiance all seasons in a day
>>
>>>/trv/
>>
>Willingly going to Indiana
>>
>>69824007
Go to Gary. It's the cultural and tourism capital of Indiana. Beautiful city.
>>
>>69824512
litterakky worse than detroit.
>>
>>69824007
I'm from Indiana. It's alright. I lived in the general area of Seymour for a while. People there are generally friendly and the 'behavior' expectations are much the same as anywhere else.

Don't be a dick, don't impose yourself on anyone else, and you'll be fine. I wouldn't choose to live in Indiana for the long-term, but it's a nice enough place.

I still go visit family there every year. Go see the limestone caves or hike in some of the forests.
>>
>>69824512
This. Micheal Jackson was born there even
>>
File: IMG_20160403_064742.jpg (2 MB, 4320x1972) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160403_064742.jpg
2 MB, 4320x1972
Work in the pipeline industry?
>>
>>69824512
Go to Gary OP, you won't regret it :)
>>
>>69824512
>>69824558
>>69824958

Jesus Christ what a slum wow

>>69824582
Thanks, will try the caves for sure. Forests look beautiful.
>>
>>69824007
You'll see some nice fields. A few trees. And more fields.

But if you end up near Portage drive by USS and Accellor Mitral at night. It's beautiful.
>>
>>69824455
this. People keep saying Indiana is great and the communities are nice. I have yet to see this driving through half the state. Everything looks depressing.
>>
>>69825159
Indiana looks better in the fall. We're pretty big on corn mazes too.
>>
Should i visit Chicago? If so, are there any good museums or fun things to do?
>>
>>69824324
Pretty much fucking it.
>>
Just go to Cedar Point. Chicago is a shithole. Even the "nice" areas.
>>
>>69825159
>Hurr I can't create my own entertainment, can somebody else provide my entertainment?

Christ you must be a liberal from california.
>>
>>69825609
Central Chicago is very nice, affluent, white, pretty liberal, though. Think SanFran. You can go to the Sears Tower, see the Trump building there, lots of nice museums and shops, and you should be safe because of large amounts of police.

BUT DO NOT LEAVE THE CITY CENTER. NIGGERS CALL IT CHIRAQ FOR A REASON.
>>
>>69824324
you forgot how everyone in indiana drives like shit and should be whipped at the post for it.
>>
>>69824007

If you ever stop by south Indianapolis, stop by Grindstone Charlie's. Great burgers, amazing appetizers.
>>
>>69825609
Chicago's not really that fun to visit. The Field's Museum and the Museum of Natural History are great. If you like Art, skip the modern art one and go to the standard one.

Just stick to the tourist attractions. Don't go out looking for local culture.

DO NOT GO TO INDIANAPOLIS. Fuck that place.
>>
Indiana is boring as shit but youll be near Bloomington which is a fun college town and some of the state parks in that area are very pretty.
>>
There's lots of meth there, if you're into that sort of thing. Or toothy blowjobs from ugly methsluts who want your money for more meth. You can pay them in meth.

One Indiana county actually had an AIDS epidemic last year from the rampant heroin use there.
>>
>>69825977
What's wrong with Indianapolis?
>>
>>69825609
Yeah, the museums are all pretty based, probably easiest to go to the art museum because thats downtown right by millenium park on michigan ave and not to far from the sears tower and some great restaurants. The drive will be really boring, pretty much nothing but flatness.
>>
the only relevant part is near louisville
>>
>>69826256
south west side is a shit hole and its a bit liberal but overall its nice idk wtf hes talking about.
>>
>>69826256
IMO there's nothing to do there aside from going to bars, which you can do anywhere. I used to go through there all the time, and I just didn't care for any of it. There was nothing happening there at all, and it's got one of those downtown areas that just completely dies at night.

Maybe it's changed in the last 10 years, I don't know.
>>
>>69826449>>69825609
science and industry museum.
>>
>>69824007
Indiana is non-degenerate, but kind of boring.
>>
>>69825609
Was in Chicago for Lolapalooza 2 years ago with my gf, (were both 20). We had a great time. A lot of dindus there though, but if you stay in the heavily populated areas you'll be fine. We got a city pass and were able to go see a bunch of the popular museums and attractions. We stayed at "Silversmith" if my memory serves me correctly. It was a nice hotel and competitively priced.
>>
>>69824007
Noblesville represent
>>
>>69826590
slughtly less boring, people do things on the weekend, there are hipster bars and micro brews.
>>
Broad Ripple here

>>69825977
>begrudgingly admits Chicago has a couple of good museums
>can not think of anything else to say about one of the more exciting cities in the world

>also doesn't have anything nice to say about Indianapolis

well shiggy

>>69826590
Yeah, you don't really know what you're talking about
>>
>>69825830
>BUT DO NOT LEAVE THE CITY CENTER. NIGGERS CALL IT CHIRAQ FOR A REASON.

>>69825977
>DO NOT GO TO INDIANAPOLIS. Fuck that place.

>>69826231
>There's lots of meth there
>One Indiana county actually had an AIDS epidemic last year from the rampant heroin use there.

Oh wow, that'll be an experience

>>69825934
>>69826218
Thanks

>>69826546
What's over there?

>>69826818
Thanks gonna look up.
>>
>>69827081
Indy is cool. And you should definitely visit. There are just some pretty harsh divides between rich and poor so make sure you know where you're going.

If you're looking to go out, you basically have 3 options.

Broad Ripple
Cheapest, pretty mellow, easy going.

Fountain Square
Very hipstery & expensive. There is a bar that serves mead. So yeah...

Mass Ave
Rich kids, a bit hipstery, also expensive and not as cool as Fountain Square in my opinion.

If you watch Premier League, Union Jack Pub in Broad Ripple is the place to be. Unless you're City or Chelsea... in which case you're looking at Chatham Tap on Mass Ave.
>>
>>69826590
indianapolis is tight. been back a year after being gone for 5. its changed alot actually. night life is existent now
>>
>>69827683
>Very hipstery & expensive. There is a bar that serves mead. So yeah...
i like fsq. i spent alot of time there as a kid going to shitty art shows in the murphy. but yet its pretty hipster now.
>>
>>69827683
broad ripple is hipster central.
>>
>>69828682
Yeah I like it too, I guess I could have been more positive about the place.
There's interesting stuff going on there and it's not like you have to be a hipster to enjoy it either.
>>
>>69825609

Re: Chicago.

Just know where you want to go and go there. Don't be randomly driving around.

Some nice places may have Indian country 5 blocks away. That's how diced up the territories are.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.