[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /pol/'s opinion on the Spanish Civil War? Everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: hemingwayspain.jpg (547 KB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
hemingwayspain.jpg
547 KB, 3072x2048
What is /pol/'s opinion on the Spanish Civil War? Everything I know of it comes from Hemingway, and he wasn't an impartial resource on it. All I learned about it in school was "republicans were the good guys and the Nazis bombed the fuck out of them". Don't know much about Franco, either.

Spainbros, does it still show up today in your politics?
>>
Please, /pol/. /his/ doesn't know anything.
>>
>>69817125
Here's a mostly red pill review http://madmonarchist.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-tragedy-of-second-spanish-republic.html

Franco was the lesser of two evils. Rivera was the true leader the Spanish deserved, but both were better than the rabid communists.
>>
Dont mean to derail this thread but Franco was a maniac compared to current leaders.
>>
>>69817125
I just know that Hitler didn't want Franco at his side.
One Italy was enough.
>>
Andres Nin did nothing wrong!
Hail O'Duffy!
>>
Franco used moroccand that raped a lot of women, that's what you need to know
>>
>>69817125
Quick spaniard history for you, my yankee friend:
José Antonio Primo de Rivera, son of a failed dictator, made Falange Española, the national-syndicalist party (NSDAP light).
He merged it with JONS (Juntas de Ofensiva Nacional Sindicalista). JONS used to be the spaniard sturmabteilung. But shittier.
José Antonio was killed, and Franco took control of the FE de las JONS.
He merged it with the traditionalist party, and it became FET y de las JONS. It stopped being nat-synd and started to be fascist-catholic.
Commies and anarchists were angry and they started a civil war against the government.
The Reich bombed them. They lost.

Franco died in the 70's and since then, Spain is a shithole.
Now the new commies and anarchists (young SJW) want to make Spain communist and without king, frontiers or army.
They used to vote Izquierda Unida (Antifa: The party), but now they have Podemos (A mix of Hillary, Sanders, Soros and tumblr).
Podemos is now the 3rd party and it's the preferred one by young people.

Pls send help, USA.
>>
>>69819904
>A mix of Hillary, Sanders, Soros and tumblr). God help us all
>>
File: 1430135915259.jpg (391 KB, 1359x1192) Image search: [Google]
1430135915259.jpg
391 KB, 1359x1192
>>69819904
Right Wing Death Squads when?
>>
>>69819904
Could you explain what is the relation between "El clasico" and Franco?

Were the Real Madrid fans a strike group for Franco?
>>
>>69819904
Why didnt Jose Antonio de Rivera gain more power? And what Was his fathers policies
>>
>>69820131
They even talk about the "patriarchy", and they fucking praise Venezuela. Some of them have said that christianity and our Holy Week is offensive for muslims and that it should be banned.
We are going to be the new Sweden soon... Halp plz.
>>
>>69820322
I am not into football, and I don't really know too much about that. Sorry mate.
>>
>>69820413
Very Tolerant. Sounds like Sweden. In Sweden only nationalists praise Venezuela thoug
>>
>>69817125
>republicans good guys
wtf?
>>
File: IMG_20160327_175718.jpg (23 KB, 378x133) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160327_175718.jpg
23 KB, 378x133
>>69820248
Not right wing please.
>>
>>69820559
Don't worry amigo.
>>
>>69817125

All I know about the Spanish Civil War I learned from Pan's Labyrinth.

And what I learned is to not immediately trust strange men who emerge from the forest with a list of promises and tasks for you to do.
>>
>>69820369
jose was killed by the republican government
>>
>>69820598
They were supported by everyone but nazi Germany and fascist italy, thats why they are seen as good guys even thoug they were very brutal
>>
>>69817125
My family was displaced because of the civil war they had to go to Mexico to survive
>>
>>69820734
They also were supported by soviet union.
>>
>>69820772
get fucked filthy republican faggot.
>>
Vile shitshow even in the context of war.

Also Hitler absolutely hated Franco
>>
Franco = mild sauce
Republicans = shit sauce
Falange = God sauce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_2XyoxK-uE
>>
>>69820805
Yeah, which lead to their downfall because Stalin immideatly sent NKVD officers to Spain And purged all anarkists and non-stalinists
>>
>>69821088
>hated
Hitler doesn't hate anyone, all allied posters should be b& desu.
>>
>>69819904
You didn't even mention the how the republicans, which were actually commies, began taking over private property and churches in the name of progress, without compensation mind you. An how the fascist and Catholics joined together to stop this. Also the two sides not only brawled in the street b4 official civil war, they also killed each other.
Overall Franco was a sensible Catholic who only wished to stand up against the tyrannical reds. He didn't even want to be the leader, but it fell on him after so many assassinations
>>
>>69821088
Why?
>>
>>69821279
> Muh great Republican fight against the reaction! >Gets purged by Soviets for Being subversive Trotscum
>>
Germany sent Condor Legion to bomb us, and the Kriegsmarine also bombed my city, Almería.
During the WW2, some spanish volunteers joined Wallonien and Karstjagüer divisions of the Waffen-SS.
Other volunteers joined the Blue Division to help the Germans in Russia.
>>
>>69817125
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Terror_(Spain)
>>
>>69820413
How old are you?
>>
>>69821279
I said "quick". I only talked about things he asked and important events.
>>
>>69822000
Why do you ask it?
>>
Republican forces were too heavily divided. Stalinists, Trotskyists and Anarchists all fought each other.
>>
Thanks everyone, I'm taking a lot of notes.

Are there any good objective books on the subject?
>>
>>69822315
Look up Arturo Perez Reverte, he is a good historian-novelist and has written a couple books on the matter
>>
File: 20160402_190105.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160402_190105.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
There is a concept called

Guerracivilismo

And traduce it as Civil-War-ism

Basically the left is still butthurt about their loose. They want to change streets names, get down monuments and search for their grandfathers in the common pits. Also Guerracivilismo is about making the Civil War a political weapon.

>We are the sons of the Civil War loosers!

>PP (center-right wing cuckservative and cronyist most voted party) is the party whose leaders are the sons of Franco's oligarchy friends!

>PP is filo-fascism!

And stuff like that

The fact is that Spain under Franco's rule was only a real fascist state in the first 15-20 years. We didn't had a police of thought like the SS. In the 60' Spain was very prosperous, unemployment was near to 0%. What fascist state let's their people buy TheNewYorkTimes or LeMonde? This was possible under Franco's rule

Spanish Civil war started because the left lost the election to the right wing party and they wanted to fuck the democratic vote and shit. Then Franco and the army defended Spain from this left that was financially funded by the URRS.

There were 3 options:
1. Totalitarism Comunism
2. More Civil War between the left (socialdems vs comunnist vs anarchist vs syndicalists etc)
3. Franco authoritarian dictatorship
more civil war
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.