[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE BLUE WALL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 24
These states have voted Democrat since 1992, and will make up 242 electoral votes in 2016.

>Can /pol/ face reality that 2016 signals the doom for the Republican party?
>>
File: silver-blue-wall-chart-11.png (53 KB, 610x540) Image search: [Google]
silver-blue-wall-chart-11.png
53 KB, 610x540
>>69809856
Blast from the past, the "Red Wall"
>>
>>69809856
>New Hampshire only New England state that isn't part of the wall

Get fucked
>>
>>69809856
Michigan is for Trump. Shills live in a bubble so they cannot imagine how it is actually reality driving Trump voting. We should call them bubblers.
Infamy.org.
>>
File: 6hcdTFR.png (207 KB, 547x547) Image search: [Google]
6hcdTFR.png
207 KB, 547x547
>>69809856
Yeah you guys have fun with your 242 delegates.

>Can limpwrist faggots face reality that 242 =/= 270?
>>
>>69809935
What went wrong in California? They surprisingly had a long tradition of voting Republican
>>
>>69809856
There votes are worth less then the other votes, let's say California votes are given to Wyoming like how it is now.

1 Wyoming vote = 3 Californians vote or some shit.
>>
>>69809856

>muh patterns

this election will be special. idaho will turn blue. new york will turn red
>>
File: 58jmJ.png (122 KB, 1050x670) Image search: [Google]
58jmJ.png
122 KB, 1050x670
>>
>>69810083

Minority influx leading to increased poverty. Poor people vote blue without fail, and rich people vote blue to keep them poor. That isn't the only reason but it's a big one.
>>
>>69810083
immigration act of 1965
killed the US
>>
>>69810083
besides the first and second generation minorities , nothing really.

Democrats have indoctrinated many children over the decade but it looks like things are changing

doesn't mean california is going red any time soon but could be in the future with how things are changing.
>>
File: 1457825877140.png (384 KB, 568x565) Image search: [Google]
1457825877140.png
384 KB, 568x565
>>69810220

feels good
>>
>>69810083
Hispanics. The invasion didn't start until the late 80s/early 90s, which is strange, all things considering.

California used to be absolutely based. LA was a beautiful, cool city. Southern California was very conservative, the eastern part of the state wasn't in complete poverty. Even in the 80s, the primary demographic fear was that whites would be overrun by Asians (held somewhat true in the Bay area) or Blacks (they had their hayday in LA for a while).

This article sheds some interesting light on it.
http://takimag.com/article/tomorrow_belongs_to_imi_i_david_cole
>>
>>69810083
Mexicans and minorities. White people are leaving California by the thousands. Back in 1968-1988 we were a fucking paradise. That dream is over due to liberalism. The tech industry is the only thing keeping this state afloat despite the liberal idiots in Sacremento doing whatever they can to drive out business.

Know why Tesla built their big ass factory in Nevada instead of California? Because Sacremento idiots are actively trying to keep businesses out of the state.

I want to move out of this shitty state so bad.
>>
>>69810290
If only the rednecks had rallied around Nixon and killed all the stinking hippies...
>>
>>69810220
This seems plausible.
>>
California bay area Republican reporting in. Have been doing my part with great success. Even got my liberal friends to turn pro 2A and have convinced the bernvictims that trump is better than shillary so they will swing to our side when the weak faggot loses to her.
>>
>>69809935
why do all the old electoral maps look more interesting than the ones nowadays? like it's been pretty much the same in every election i can remember (2000 on) minus a couple of swing states.

there was more interesting shit in previous elections like clinton competing in the south or reagan or nixon sweeping the map. the 'solid south' being a geographic area that would always go one way was an exception rather than the rule.

like in this map, you generally think of "new england" or "mid atlantic" being groups of states on the same page but why are NH/VT reliably republican when maine is not? why virginia and NJ but not maryland?
>>
>>69810290
>m-muh immigration act of 1965

Let's not forget Reagan legalised millions of Mexicans in the 1980s
>>
>>69810766
Ray-gun was a cuck compared to Nixon. Heck, President Ray-Gun was a cuck compared to Governor Ray-Gun, whose state is now a Mexican colony.
>>
File: election-margins.jpg (1 MB, 2300x1090) Image search: [Google]
election-margins.jpg
1 MB, 2300x1090
>>
>>69810766
Sure, but it was Hart-Celler that started the domino effect.
>>
>>
>>69810766
>muh amnesty
they would've stayed and came no matter fucking what no president actually put in effort into removing illegals since Eisenhower.
>>
why did america make red right wing? everyone knows red is left
stupid yanks
>>
File: 6IZcQ.png (234 KB, 1256x2466) Image search: [Google]
6IZcQ.png
234 KB, 1256x2466
>>
>>69809856
How can anyone look at this and not realize that this country needs to split?

It's more than "the other team is in power," we really just don't want to be ruled over by one anither. I think it would be a great project to pull this off peacefully.
>>

Good news for the Republicans, they own the House, Senate, and majority of state Governors. If they win the presidential election they can reclaim Supreme court influence, and have a Republican country.
>>
>>69811613
You can blame Lincoln for setting the country into this dangerous path. Used to be that every state was practically its own country. But since 1886, that has died, along with the constant increase and overreach of the federal government, that it's becoming unbearable.
>>
>>69811186
The GOP needs to make a serious effort to appeal to minorities or they'll never win again.
>>
>>69811643
Updated version
>>
>>69809935
So, trying to prove OPs out of datepic wrong with an even more out of date pic?
>>
Fuck Trump. The presidency would've been his if he didn't prove himself the buffoon all his opponents said he was. The Republican party needs to die with him. Time for Latin America's pink tide to come here. Via Evo. Via Correa.
>>
>>69810083
Why did no one give this man the simple truthful answer.

The reason is simple, Ronald Reagan, passed amnesty for all Mexicans living in The United States of America, and the beaners flooded into the state and changed the electorate significantly.

Why people defend that disaster of a person, I will never fully comprehend.
>>
>>69811251

No, you don't see the programming at work. Americans have been generationally conditioned to see red as bad and blue as lawful and good.
>>
>>69811613
I disagree. We're stronger together. What I'd like to see is turning giant liberal metropolises into sort of city states with limited representation in congress, and completely separate them from their larger state.

For example, New York City would be a separate jurisdiction from New York State. Same goes for LA, San Francisco, Austin, Seattle, Miami, Philly, etc.
>>
>>69810652
Except Virginia.
>>
>>69812347
Baltimore City could also (attempt) to manage it, since that's a big separate thing from Baltimore County and is treated as such by Maryland's state government anyway
>>
>>69812182
the '65 immigration act impacted the demographics change much more than Reagan ever did.
>>
>>69812382
Rev up that Webb VP tap.
>>
>>69811835
I do blame lincolin.
>>
>>69812347
>We're stronger together

We're strong enough. Too strong some might say because we go around looking for enemies.
>>
File: 1458010350625.gif (175 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458010350625.gif
175 KB, 500x375
>>69812347
Caulk this up to the founders not realizing the industrial revolution happening and the rural/urban divide widening as time went on.

The founders built a system based on agricultural yeomanry with some mercantile cities to facilitate trade. Literally was doomed the year it was started because that same year Adam Smith's the wealth of nations was written and industrial capitalism became more and more of a thing.

Hell, the Louisiana Purchase was partly Jefferson's attempt at creating more farmland in order to try and block America from industrializing, because wage-earners are cucks, according to Jefferson, more-or-less.
>>
File: 1458856680650.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1458856680650.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>69812666
shit really only got bad from the mid-90s on when the whole world decided they wanted to follow south africa's lead and be a "rainbow nation"
>>
>>69810220
VA will probably go blue, sadly (trust me, NoVa fag here).

However, I think it's plausible that Trump wins PA, MI, or both.
>>
>>69811125
>a dozen cities overruling the entire rest of the country
isn't this exactly the scenario the founding fathers were trying to prevent?
>>
Who's Hillary gonna snag for VP?
>>
>>69813351
That's an interesting perspective on the Louisiana purchase.

But I have no problem with actual, productive megalopolises. Giant industrial powerhouses like Chicago, Detroit, and St. Louis were fantastic cities (until the blacks flooded them and the factories shut down). The problem with American cities (and European cities for that matter) is that they have essentially become big, ugly, crime-ridden tumors that alienate people from their culture and their environment. People don't actually create anything, there's no sense of community, and all of the poor minorities make it unsafe.
>>
>>69814126
Yes.
>>
>>69814319
A minority of some sort, I'd expect. One to contrast with Trump's (presumably) white VP. That, or someone to reconcile the Bernouts.

Some possibles:

>Julian Castro

>Cory Booker

>Elizabeth Warren
>>
>>69814319
bernie. Imagine what all of those angsty dickheads would do if the democrats fucked over 'they boy'
>>
>>69809856
PA has been trending red for awhile, this and Wisicnisin are winnable.
>>
I pray to God Michigan goes red this year. I know a lot of people from Michigan voting Trump this year (he even won the state) and I hope liberals get backed the fuck out from here finally.
>>
>>69814126
If those cities are where most of the people live, then isn't it democratic?

>>69814797
>>Elizabeth Warren
She's too progressive for Hillary. She's against Citizens United, for example, so I doubt she would support the corporate whore that is Clinton.
>>
>>69814797
I would be pleasantly surprised if she picked a White male. Imagine if she pick Jim Webb? Might have to vote for the bitch.
>>
>Oregon is almost 100% Red
>except for Portland, California's pustule
>considered a blue state
>>
>>69814804
She won't pick Bernie, she hates him. Besides that Bernie is going to keep running until she has enough delegates to be declared winner so he'll still be running against her far past when she'd want to pick a VP.
>>
>>69815058
This. Even if she did make the offer (which she wouldn't), he wouldn't accept.
>>
>>69810220
>square states

Why are the US of A so ugly.
>>
I don't think Hillary would run any female. Better to give a perception of a "female on top of male" ticket. She's going to have to fight tooth and nail for Bernie's base.
>>
Here's an interesting thought. What if we had cities as their own special districts, sort of like Hong Kong? They could be independent of the federal gov't, not contribute to or receive federal budgets but they wouldn't be allowed to vote for the president and would, instead, have their own governing powers whose control extended to the edges of the city limit. Anyone see why this might not work? Because I'm not seeing a problem here.
>>
>>69815189

at least we don't touch croatia
>>
>>69815189
Large open prairies with low population have little reason or historical context that necessitates it being a strange shape.
>>
>>69815250
Yes, especially for Seattle, Portland, New York City, and San Fransisco.
>>
>>69815250
How else are leftists going to hold an entire state hostage and control the government?
>>
We should really be focusing our efforts on the "Write in Bernie!" movement. His base is young, naive, idealistic. It could completely lay waste to Clinton's run.
>>
>>69810083
I live in the commune, there are two California's, farm and city.

As we all know city is the lefty base (San Fran-sicko, lost Angeles, fresnah, sactown)

In some of the cities they have a republican base of Mormons or whatever but it's left.

In country (Dixon, most places out of the way) it's pretty left mostly because farmers like guns and hate fags
>>
>>69815534
This.
>>
>>69815371
>>69815437
Only potential issue I can see is that cities wouldn't get to vote for the Prez and would bitch about not being involved in having a say in our national defense. We could do a delegate/electoral vote further split within a state where cities get so much say and non-city land has their own say. I'm in Florida and we'd probably be broken into rural, Miami, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa. Each would get some kind of delegates to influence military leadership or something. The alternative is that we make the military a separate entity that is not controlled by the president and is controlled at the state level (whoa, scary ideas guys). Something like that.
>>
>>69814945
Same tbqh family
>>
File: california-peoples-republik.jpg (67 KB, 1240x440) Image search: [Google]
california-peoples-republik.jpg
67 KB, 1240x440
>>69810083
>all these people blaming le immigrants for how shit California is
t. people that have never borne the burden of white Californians in polite company

The truth is white people in California changed. The generation in San Fransisco that loathed the hippies were completely subsumed by entirely almost entirely white immigrants, there's jack shit for hispanics in SF but a large amount of Asians that have been around for a long time (no one that doesn't already own property can move to SF, it's worse than Tokyo real estate wise). The traditionally agrarian counties have largely become "wine country" and changed along the lines of, once again, white immigration.
It's white voters that voted so "compassionately" to subsidize illegal immigration in every vote on the subject since 1982. It's all the white people living in and around and working attatched to Hollywood that wholesale adopted a militantly leftist attitude in the 70s, not hispanics that couldn't work there (non union, real estate prices) or da jews who themselves were just as split politically until New Hollywood.

The idea you just pin this on Pedro and Maria is so fucking ludicrous its almost like you've never even been in the state...

Oh, I get it now.
>>
>>69814959
the founding fathers didn't intend for our government to be democratic. they were specifically afraid of highly populated cities creating a tyranny of the majority that would oppress the surrounding farm land.
>>
>>69810220
Unlikely. Nevada won't go blue, and NH likely won't go red. Ohio is definitely an unknown.
>>
>>69815250
Fun idea, but there are lots of problems. Off the top of my head, cities would still need to pay for public goods the federal government pays for (e.g. military), American cities have weird demographics compared to suburbs/rural America, and there's lots of government taxing and spending that cross-subsidizes urban and rural America making it a mess to untangle.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (48 KB, 550x474) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
48 KB, 550x474
>>69810227

M8...
>>
>>69816839
that's the dumbest image ive ever seen
>>
>>69816991

It's insulting because it's true.
>>
>>69816810
Well if there's going to be nationalized military still, the city governments would be forced to contribute to that kind of thing. Anything absolutely necessary at the national level that benefited everyone in the country. In fact, fuck it. Just rip up the federal government outside of enforcing things like border control. Leave the military to state level. Let state government handle things like welfare if they choose to deal with it but have the states do this independent of the cities so the cities would have their own welfare system, for example. That would be amazing.

Then again, I'm a nationalist libertarian and this is exactly why. Strong but simultaneously limited government, states rights, and fuck off if you live in a city.
>>
>>69815250
I've come to like the idea of semi-autonomous city states as a solution to disproportionate urban influence in politics. I'm sure someone could come up with a political theory and system to make it viable.
>>
>>69811258
>(unopposed)

Monroe was truly a great man.
>>
Can anyone explain me the benefit of the US' electoral system? Why not just count each vote?
>>
File: 1440381895978.jpg (508 KB, 1024x1672) Image search: [Google]
1440381895978.jpg
508 KB, 1024x1672
>>69816839
cuck
>>
>>69818682
The benefits are that low population states gain some influence and are not as easily overwhelmed by a small number of high population states.
>>
File: images__96__0.jpg (26 KB, 409x360) Image search: [Google]
images__96__0.jpg
26 KB, 409x360
>>69819237

>only blondes are allowed to vote for trump
>because they're the only ones stupid enough to for for him in the first place
>same with hitler

Top kek.
>>
>>69810083
spics, cucks, and queers along with jerrymandering the central valley and republican areas of so cal

Berkeley sleeper cell here
>>
There is no difference between democrats and republicans. Why do people insist on voting for these cancerous POS?
>>
File: _20160401_094611.jpg (35 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
_20160401_094611.jpg
35 KB, 720x304
>>69820270

>alt-right sleeper cell
>>
>>69815010
I work with someone from Oregon. She says Portland is nothing like the rest of Oregon but its the best city.
>>
File: 0826_census_race_map.jpg (189 KB, 599x420) Image search: [Google]
0826_census_race_map.jpg
189 KB, 599x420
>>69810526
Your northern state is still beautiful, reminds me of the area here near Appalachia. Wish some locals would begin to build northern Cali.
>>
File: 1459643393354.jpg (109 KB, 800x577) Image search: [Google]
1459643393354.jpg
109 KB, 800x577
>>69812347
This has taken place in opposite incarnation in joint city-county form. There are quite a number of those.

In your scenario, the cities would gain representation, but independently of the counties. I think the Roman idea of a "free imperial city" would work, since cities like LA and NY are much more United States-ish than they are like the States around them.
>>
>>69817129
Prove it.
>>
>>69810220
Why is NH so often considered to go red, I thought New England is solid blue.
>>
>>69815189
Because they became States so quickly with the expansion of the railroad.
>>
>After all, what is the modern GOP? A simple model that accounts for just about everything you see is that it’s an engine designed to harness white resentment on behalf of higher incomes for the donor class.

>What we call the Republican establishment is really a network of organizations that represent donor interests because they’re supported by donor money. These organizations impose ideological purity with a combination of carrots and sticks: assured support for politicians and pundits who toe the line, sanctions against anyone who veers from orthodoxy — excommunication if you’re an independent thinking pundit, a primary challenge from the Club for Growth if you’re an imperfectly reliable politician.

>To a very casual observer, it may look as if this movement infrastructure engages in actual policy analysis and discussion, but that’s only a show put on for the media. Can you even imagine being unsure how a Heritage Foundation study on any significant issue will come out? The truth is that the right’s policy ideas haven’t changed in decades. Paul Ryan’s innovative idea on Medicare — let’s replace it with vouchers! — is the same proposal Newt Gingrich offered in 1995.

>So why are we seeing a crackup of this system now? It’s not because events have called the orthodoxy into question; that has never mattered in the past. On the contrary, failed predictions have never caused even the slightest change in claims: the same people who predicted that Bill Clinton’s 1993 tax hike would kill jobs and that Obamacare would be an economic disaster are making confident predictions about the salutary effects of tax cuts now.

>The problem, instead, seems to be demography — an increasingly diverse population means that the party needs to go beyond white resentment, but the resentful whites are having none of it. Oh, and the base never cared about the ideology.

Republican party is a party of shills and the shilled (just like /pol/)
>>
>>69823207
NH is a swing state. Maine would probably be red too if they weren't poor as shit and needed the gibs.
>>
>>69823207
I think they're a lot of Libertarians there, could be confusing it with another state in the area
>>
File: pepe.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1555) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1555
>mfw when I am a brick in the blue wall
>>
>>69823207
New England has lots of independents and libertarians.

Locally, New England republicans get elected all the time, and those are socially liberal republicans.

Its just at the national level, only New Hampshire and MAYBE Maine has a shot at going red. Because republicans in the rest of the country are batshit social conservatives and reactionaries.
>>
>>69809856
This why we need Trump. He's the only one who has a shot at switching up the state lines and securing a future for the right wing in this country.
>>
File: IMG_1987.jpg (31 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1987.jpg
31 KB, 306x306
>mfw my state hasn't gone red since 1984
>>
File: 1455883311680.png (246 KB, 1136x717) Image search: [Google]
1455883311680.png
246 KB, 1136x717
>>69812008
>So, trying to prove OPs out of datepic wrong with an even more out of date pic?

Showing that the inevitability narrative has run both ways is showing that the current one of a GOP downfall is also bullshit.

The GOP does extremely well in senate and house, especially in mid-season elections.

They also rule governorships and school boards to the consternation of Dems.

See, the game isn't the presidential position. If you think that you're deluded.
>>
>>69823150

>white trash hicks drive over an hour away to the next town to find work
>"it's minorities' fault I wasn't smart enough to get a degree and move to the city! I'm voting Republican to get rid of these minorities!"

>millions of dollars profit straight into our pockets is not enough! let's close down some plants and blame minorities then bribe a republican into giving us tax cuts.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.