[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why drugs that help study, increase memory and improve cognitive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 21
File: anus_injection.jpg (965 KB, 1281x1357) Image search: [Google]
anus_injection.jpg
965 KB, 1281x1357
Why drugs that help study, increase memory and improve cognitive ability are not widely available for anybody who want to improve?

I am not talking exclusively about amphetamine variations, because those are not perfect in long term.

With each year, robots will take more and more job. With each year there is a more people on earth.

This western school bullshit ideology about "no matter how smart you are, prize for everyone" is harmful for society.

We should encourage young people to study and learn more. We should let kids hit their 100% potential. Smart society mean that it will be harder for gov to fuck them up, because they will be able to think for themselfs.

Drugs that improve study should be allowed for everyone.
>>
>>69806715
Any possession of a recreational, mind-altering drug should not be tolerated and deserves corporal punishment.
>>
>>69806836
fuck off statist shills
>>
>>69806878
Oh look the addicts are already getting emotional.
>>
>>69806836
So coffee?
>>
>>69806715
>everyone uses mind steroids (see: meth)
>must use them to compete
>unspoken expectation of everyone cheating so nobody is cheating

fuck off with this win-at-any-cost asian bullshit mentality
if you need drugs to be competitive then you're not even competing based on merit
>>
File: 1340906787395.jpg (58 KB, 549x375) Image search: [Google]
1340906787395.jpg
58 KB, 549x375
>>69806836
>>
>>69806836

If we could make a "smart drug" that can make a person more focused to achieve goals and pay attention to a certain subject it could benefit society. There is nothing wrong with eugenics.
>>
because no drugs that actually help much with that come without insane side effects because were still insanely clueless when it comes to how the brain works
>>
>>69806836
>>69806993
Stay away from my coffee you disgusting anti-American redcoat.
>>
>>69806715
You're not "enhancing your mind", you are a junkie on speed.
>>
>>69806715
I'm considering taking something like Ritalin to be more productive.

Started my own business, so any performance improvement means I can make more money.

Any downsides?
>>
>>69806715
I know a few people who regularly take adderal. They are fucking junkies and can't function without it. The one guy used it everyday just to get through his day job. Another one developed permanent problems with his cognition as says he can't write code as well as before he started taking it.

This is like asking why aren't steroids widely available to everyone. Why shouldn't they be? They help people build a muscle mass and get them in shape after all.
>>
>>69806715
i don't disagree with you. but if you're smart, there are plenty of legal alternatives to amphetamine that are generally just as good. ethylphenidate is a good example. so are some of the halogenated amphetamines and substituted cathinones.
>>
>>69806715
I know you're not exclusively talking about amphetamine variations, but here's the thing: Everything else is useless in comparison. No drug gives the focus and drive that a stimulant like amphetamine or dexamphetamine does. We would be breeding a generation of drug addicts if we decided to give everyone amphetamines just so they can study.

On the plus side, the appetite suppression might knock down the percentage of obese children.
>>
>>69807128
When why do 15% of school kids use it?
>>
>>69806993
Caffeine is for weak willed people.
>>
>>69807132
>Any downsides?
it's literally speed

you will become dependent on it

>>69807197
because most school kids are fucking stupid and some of them are min-maxing gooks
>>
I got an Rx for adderall last year. I now rely on the chemical jew to get any work done.
>>
>>69807198
You treasonous anti-American piece of shit. You will be the first to go when the day of the rope hits.
>>
>>69806715

I had a buddy who used a lot of adderall in college and he went full schizophrenic. I'm serious. We met as freshmen and he was a cool bro but by about junior year he went 100% crazy. He thought cameras were watching him, the people on TV (sportscasters and newscasters mainly) were talking directly to him and were talking shit about him. He thought he signed a contract that allowed all this when he was younger, real Truman show shit. I'm not going to touch that stuff, personally.

Another friend of mine went nuts taking too much adderall, too. He found god because god was talking to him (voices in his head). It was adderall abuse.
>>
>>69807197
Kids are not smart. They are kids. You should not follow their example, especially when it comes to drugs because a significant amount of them try cocaine and heroin in high school.
>>
>>69806715
> muh quit doing things I don't like

Solid arguments, straight edge fags.
>>
File: 1458441385468.jpg (85 KB, 641x626) Image search: [Google]
1458441385468.jpg
85 KB, 641x626
>>69807197
If you have a diagnosis for ADHD then adderall has a paradoxical effect where it actually slows down the brain's function making hyper-manic people more calm.

If you're a normal person, you're just taking amphetamines and you are a druggie.

Selling recreational drugs to children is degenerate, you degenerate.
>>
Anyone have any luck with caffeine and theanine?
>>
>>69807252
>it's literally speed
So?

>because most school kids are fucking stupid and some of them are min-maxing gooks

It's their parent and doctors who prescribe them.

Also many schools demand student use it.
>>
>>69807416
>I exist in a void and nothing I do has any effect on anyone else
>>
Unfortunately "statist" policies look tantalizing because we don't really understand the full side effects certain drugs have on humans, let alone their offspring. So we don't need even more niggers fucking up the genepool with smart pills because they couldn't fathom the concept of dividing.
>>
>>69807515
>So?
lol, you know with your attitude you are going to do heroin someday.
>>
File: 1454560301210.gif (4 MB, 640x333) Image search: [Google]
1454560301210.gif
4 MB, 640x333
>>69807411
>significant amount of them try cocaine and heroin in high school.
>>
File: y.jpg (260 KB, 2127x1108) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
260 KB, 2127x1108
>>69807411
I'm talking about Ritalin.

Nobody here wants to take heroin....maybe cocaine.
>>
File: 1447745256404.jpg (343 KB, 1109x1355) Image search: [Google]
1447745256404.jpg
343 KB, 1109x1355
>>69807042
that's a stupid argument. results are what matter and anything else is horseshoes and hand grenades.

>>69807074
there are a lot of definitions as to what constitutes a smart drug. stimulants improve motivation and working memory. racetams improve cognition directly.

>>69807115
not necessarily. it all depends on proper use. if you're taking stimulants every day then sure you'll have issues. but if used sparingly and with careful planning they can be a highly effective tool.

>>69807132
depends on what you consider downsides. what are your goals exactly and what problems would you be most concerned about?

>>69807138
if you take it every day you will have issues. i can guarantee this from experience. however the dude who's saying that is just placeboing himself. sure you write code better while stimmed because of the attention to detail but it's not like it destroyed his abilities. he's just so used to doing it with stims that it feels foreign to him otherwise.

>>69807180
i'm assuming you just mean any dopamine-norepinephrine releasing agent otherwise i'd be inclined to disagree with that assessment.
>>
>>69807515
Modern Parents don't like their kids. Modern doctors are drug dealers.
>>
>>69807515
>Also many schools demand student use it.
Source?

>It's their parent and doctors who prescribe them.
big pharm/hospital cronyism is a terrifying prospect
the fact that we load our kids up willingly with meth is fucking astounding
med school brainwashing totally removes rational thought, we believed chemo worked for a long time because people universally feel better after the blood transfusions.
>>
>>69807654
>results are what matter and anything else is horseshoes and hand grenades
define results?
Short term results? Sure
Is it a sustainable long-term solution? Absolutely not.
Does it make you an inferior person? Yes, you have to literally cheat.
>>
>>69807469
ADHD isn't a real disease you know?

It's also not an on/off.
Everybody has "ADHD" to some degree.
but only the worst 15% or so gets "treatment".
Why not give it to the top 50%?
Hell, the speed it's growing they probably will in a couple of decades.
>>
>>69807354
that is called stimulant psychosis and occurs predictably when you do stupid shit with your stimulants.

>>69807469
>If you have a diagnosis for ADHD then adderall has a paradoxical effect where it actually slows down the brain's function making hyper-manic people more calm.
that's 100% grade A bullshit. they only appear that way to the outside observer because you're not privy to what's going on in their heads. stimulants effect everyone exactly the same way.
>>
>>69807519
> what I do with my own body in my own home affects you

Okay.

There are responsible people who use drugs for recreation and are still functioning members of society, it's not my fault some people can't control themselves or are niggers.

> someone did a thing on drugs
>ban drugs

> someone did a thing with a gun
> ban guns

Liberal trash logic
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7659762
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17599332
>>
>>69807515
There are almost no long term studies on the effect of giving amphetamines to children, considering it's bad for adults, it's almost definitely worse for kids. I learned this in college from my professor who has a Ph. D in Neurology.
>>
. Because you become dependent ok tema, and we will reach a point where it will be virtually mandatory to remain competitive.
Plus corporations would get leverage to make people work for more time than it is humanly possible.
>>
>>69806715
Nootropics are a myth and the only thing that will make you smarter is hard work. Don't be a lazy nigger.
>>
>>69807673
>Source?

In Dutch: http://www.npo.nl/de-monitor/14-02-2016/KN_1676826

>the fact that we load our kids up willingly with meth is fucking astounding

I agree.
But I'm an adult in my mid-thirties.
I just want to make more money, and if drugs can help why not?
>>
>>69806836
Because we do not own our bodies, right? Are you familiar with a concept known as "FREEDOM?"

>fucktard
>>
>>69807755
it's either sustainable or unsustainable entirely based on your pattern of usage. if you know what you're doing it's very sustainable. the cheating argument is moralistic and therefore irrelevant.

>>69807776
oi mate. you're the first person i've ever encountered who uses the exact same argument as me. i agree 100%.
>>
>>69806715
They give these drugs to children to help them with "ADHD" and make them calm and complacent

if you want to take these drugs you are a weak-willed degenerate.

also take them long enough and you will get schizo
>>
If you can take advantage of a situation in some way, it's your duty as an American to do it. Why should the race always be to the swift, or the Jumble to the quick-witted? Should they be allowed to win merely because of the gifts God gave them? Well I say, "Cheating is the gift man gives himself.
>>
>>69807863
>it's bad for adults

Says who?
>>
>>69806836
Go back to europe and die with all the other Nerf-hearding, nanny-state, ring kissers.
>>
Yeah adderall is ok but meth is even better and it's way smoother.

Why isn't meth legal?
>>
>>69808045
>calm and complacent
hah. stimulants will make you anything but.
>>
>>69807816
>I-I-Im responsible! I can stop whenever I want!
>I-I-Im different than all other drug users!
>t. Drug Addict

And then you fuck up and are too weak to help yourself (as indicated by the fact that you chose to do drugs in the first place) and drag your family and friends down with you looking for help and attention.
>>
>>69806947
How many sodas do you drink in a day?

>sugar addict
>ham planet
>>
does anyone know how to get an adderall perscription?
>>
>>69808053
>let's do steroids
>kill people in your classroom if you have the chance
>why not lie constantly

you amoral fags are retarded, win-at-any-cost is a poisonous ideology and has very little to do with success outside of sporting events, lawyering, medschool, and business.
>>
People should have the right to put whatever they want into their bodies including commit suicide
>>
I really miss taking Adderall.
>>
>>69807469
bullshit. ADHD isn't real. a large amount of kids diagnosed with it grow out of it when they grow up. kids with "adhd" are like that because their parents are retarded fatasses that only feed their kids junk food with artifical dyes and chemicals and sugar
>>
>>69807917
okay
>>69807835

If you study in some field for long enough time you will see at some point new task will be really hard, it will takes alot of time to find soultion and it is not going to be pure and aesthetically pleasing, you will have co-worker smart guy who will be able to find solution pretty easy.

Everybody has limitations, you just have to study long enough to hit this nonvisible wall.
>>
File: m8QgRaj.png (374 KB, 632x413) Image search: [Google]
m8QgRaj.png
374 KB, 632x413
>>69807198
>>
>>69807654
>what are your goals exactly

I'm a software engineer.

I want to be able to write better code, and preferably work longer hours.

>and what problems would you be most concerned about?

Mainly reversal of the effect on the long term.
I need to be able to keep this going for at least 10 years, at which point I can hopefully sell my business.
>>
>>69808220
Spend a fortune seeing doctors and telling them you have ADHD.
Maybe you get lucky, maybe you keep getting turned out.

Or get a good drug dealer. Tweakers aren't hard to spot.
>>
>>69806715
no matter how much these drugs "boost your performance" they still fuck your shit up

look at zyzz, he was the /fit/ god but died of a heart attack because he juiced
>>
>>69807469
>people STILL believe in "adderall doesn't work like speed for people with ADD"
In the words of the man who first diagnosed ADD, it is a "fictitious disease". Every kid and their mother is on adderall these days and it's certainly not because ALL OF THEM have " ADD". Usually the parents force the kids to take this shit because some snakeoil-salesman told them it would make their kids not lazy. The reason these people don't feel it as much as other people can be broken down in one word; tolerance. Adderall/Dexedrine/vyvanse are all various forms of amphetamines. There is not one person on this planet who will not speed hard as fuck if they ingest enough amphetamines.
>>
>>69808227
Why should I accept second place because genetics gave someone else an advantage? I should let my family suffer because someone else got lucky?
What about cleverness? Trays earned and I can use it to my advantage, like others use money or looks, then I see no reason disallow arbitrary rules that don't favor me to cause me to suffer.
You are just a boot licker marching and doing as he is told. You are a coward and a slave.
>>
Does anyone know of some good drug for the adhd?
>>
>>69808109
Amphetamines fuck up your neurotransmitter regulation, specifically dopamine. It significantly increases risk of mental illness.
>>
>>69808189
> implying

Chill out, man. I work, I pay my taxes, I try to be a good person; I just like to take some drugs sometimes, does that upset you?

> He can't handle his drugs

Weak minded, desu.
>>
>>69808445
Vyvanse
>>
File: Capture.jpg (97 KB, 602x618) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
97 KB, 602x618
>>69808109
ok ignore all these people. i'm a pharmacy student and i have loads of experience with several stimulants.

what you need to do is make sure you don't take it every day. this will lead to diminishing returns and all the problems people try to scare you with like "meth mouth". stimulants are most useful for getting through tasks that are absolute drudgery. wrote memorization for school, repetitive menial labors, and that sort of thing. what they provide you with more than anything else is motivation. but if you don't have excellent self control, you may be motivated to do things you probably shouldn't be doing.

i can give you a detailed breakdown of the pharmacology/effects too, but i doubt if it'll be all that useful to you.
>>
>>69807042
That's is the world we already live in. Been that way for almost 100 years now. Hitler was on PEDs daily, as were soldiers in that war.
>>
>>69808348
>junk food with artifical dyes and chemicals and sugar

That's also bullshit.

Kids just aren't evolved to sit in a classroom for 6 hours a day.
They naturally want to run around and explore the "rain forest".
>>
>>69807658
exactly. the whole pharmaceutical industry is a scam. a dude that is fat, only eats junk food, never exercises, never goes outside, says he feels depressed and gets prescribed anti depressants. his depression could have been solved if he changed his lifestyle, but they can just get him dependent on happy pills to make money.
>>
>>69808220
Up got focalin xr at 34. I just walked in, told them I had add, filled out a piece of paper that basically asked me to circle smiley faces describing how I felt and walked out with basically lifetime access to stimulants.
Feels fucking great, just go ask for them, no doc will turn you down because that pits money in their pocket.
I made up the diagnosis excuse health records are always full of holes. You can get anything.
>>
>>69808439
>I should let my family suffer because someone else got lucky?
the belief that your problems are external is literal nigger logic
if you get out-worked, that's entirely your fault. Placing the blame on "well I could have been on adderal" is a scapegoat for scraping by without working hard
you will always be inferior to someone else. Always.
>>
>>69808482
thanks bro
>>
File: oppression_machine.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
oppression_machine.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>69806836
Get the fuck off my board, statist.
>>
What drugs have effects like this, without long term negatives? Also niggers would abuse this a lot
>>
>>69807469
Speed has the same effect of improving performance in both sides of the ADHD equation.

Don't buy that bullshit, it's almost as bad as heroin addicts saying Suboxone doesn't get them high, while they are clearly high on it.
>>
>>69808220
>walk into basically any psych
>doc I can't concentrate
>k anon I'm diagnosing you with add here's some stimulants
>if you don't get what you want get something else the next time you come back
Most people don't realize how corrupt the psychiatric system in the US is. If you have the money, you get what you want. Addy is one of the easiest things to get a script for. There's a reason like 1/3rd of kids these days are on it at some point during their lives.
>>
I swear, people think they're so much smarter when they're on Adderall recreationally

Fact of the matter, you're annoying as fuck and won't shut the fuck up about the subject you've already been talking for 15 minutes about.
>>
>>69808518
What is your opinion on Atarax? Are there any better alternatives to treat anxiety and skin problems?
>>
>>69806715

You can hit your 100% potential by getting a good night's sleep, working to a set routine and logging off from the fucking internet so you're not distracted.

Study drugs are for idiots who can't do one or all of the above.

You'd probably know graduate physics and how to play the piano if you spent the same amount of time studying them as you spend shitposting on here.
>>
>>69808518
Why should he ignore me? Long term amphetamine use has detrimental effects on the brain. It does increase rates of mental illness and you know that.
>>
>>69808377
stimulants would be perfect for that, but depending on your dosing schedule you could run into issues. if you were going to take stimulants i'd recommend making sure you have at least 2 "off-days" per week where you don't take them to allow your brain to regenerate its catecholamine stores.

additionally, if you take them for an extended period of time, when you stop, you will go through a withdrawal period marked by an intense desire to take more and feelings of extreme tiredness and depression. it's only temporary, but it's still a bitch to deal with.
>>
Adderall is incredible but the comedown is savage as fuck, way worse than cocaine IMO. Uppers definitely speed up your cognitive processes and make it easier to learn, focus, etc, and I think they should be legal for people that want to use them, but at the same time you don't want an entire society of strung out junkies. I personally don't have an Adderall script despite a long history of ADHD because I know I'd blow down the entire bottle and up in a crack house somewhere.
>>
>>69808136
>Desoxyn
>>
>>69808678
How is that external? I am taking an internal mechanism and using it to my advantage, like others use strength or beauty.
Again, if I can cheat and enrich myself I will do it. Rules and laws are just there to punish the stupid and enshrine the power of those above us in society.
You have to look out for yourself above all, to thine own self be true
>>
File: bait5.png (74 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
bait5.png
74 KB, 1024x1024
>>69806836
>>
>>69807986
>ITS MY BODY SHITLORD
>I CAN BE A BURDEN TO MY FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND SOCIETY IF I WANT TO AS I HARM MYSELF AND EVERYONE AROUND ME
>FREEEEEEEEDOM!

You don't look at someone who physically hurts themselves and say, "We shouldn't do anything about it because of his freedom :^)," you intervene. Drugs are the same concept.
>>
>>69808558
my friend has "adhd" in elementary school, you couldn't make eye contact with him, his eyes were constantly shaking, he couldn't read a page without getting distracted, he was in a 24/7 sugar rush, whenever i went to his house his mom fed him literally only candy and soda. in high school he started eating healthy and became functional.
>>
>>69808621
Did you see a psychiatrist, or just a normal doctor?
>>
>>69806715
Taking adderall daily is bad for you.
T. Guy who was forced to take it until after high school
>>
>>69806836
inshallah
>>
>>69808879
>to thine own self be true
the fucking irony

>an internal mechanism and using it to my advantage
popping pills is not internal. You're literally using drugs to improve some short-term work output. You don't stumble upon a grand unifying theory tweaking on meth. You're slightly more efficient.

>rules and laws are just there to punish the stupid
oh, you're an anarchist. Nevermind, I didn't realize I was arguing with a literal retard.
>>
>>69808482
I prefer adderall myself. 20mg XR but I try not to take it daily, only during crunch time.
>>
>>69808797
Plz, respond.
>>
>>69808855
because you oversimplified the mechanics of what you're talking about so much that the information won't be particularly useful to his purposes.

>>69808797
first, explain what kind of skin problems you have. just acne? or a specific disease?

anxiety is a difficult beast to tackle, but i'd start by trying magnesium supplementation for a non-drug way of dealing with it. 50-60% of adults are deficient in magnesium and deficiency results in a host of neurological problems including anxiety and insomnia.

if that doesn't work i recommend an SSRI like sertraline with a benzodiazepine like alprazolam as an adjunct that should ONLY BE TAKEN WHEN YOU'RE HAVING A PANIC ATTACK. benzos are NOT something you want to take regularly.
>>
>>69809015
Go see a psychiatrist, better yet go to one of those group health centers, they solely exist to turn out pills. The more full the waiting room the better because you know the docs are just pumping people in and out for the money.
They are just/ drug dealers. The only difference between them and Jamal is that Jamal has a shotgun and they have a PhD. It's almost like a little religious ritual to make it nice and clean that you can now take drugs with societal sanction.
>>
>>69806715
>Vyvanse is finally covered by the MSPs
Feels good, man. Now all I have to do is figure out how to stop masturbating on it.
>>
File: 1459634126930.png (724 KB, 1290x967) Image search: [Google]
1459634126930.png
724 KB, 1290x967
They say that to become an expert in a subject or skill, you need to practice or study it for 10000 hours. Its probably less than that but let's imagine for talking's sake it's 10000: how many hours per week do kids spend checking and posting on their FBs, Twitter, posting on forums, posting on here? What if, instead, they studied something properly - dedicated their time to it without distractions? See what I mean?

The reason nootropics are popular now is because this fucking generation wants the juice without the squeeze. They don't want to sacrifice anything. They want the results without the work.
>>
>>69809096
The people who pass the laws and form society thought like me.
They got to the top and then made everything they made to get there illegal so they could stay there. Stay stupid.
>>
>>69809015
Not him, but I'm assuming psych. Normal doctors usually have some sort of standards or ethics and are usually under much closer scrutiny considering they can write scripts for the shit psychs can't. Meanwhile psychiatrists are just glorified drug dealers. It's a good thing for a person who understands this, as you can get whatever you want, but it's fucking horrible for our nation as a whole and the future generations who have been indoctrinated into believing they really need all these pills because of their "mental illness" some dude told em they had after talking to em for 5 minutes.
>>
>>69809198
The purpose was explaining that long term amphetamine use has negative effects on the human brain. You have done the opposite where you have used a lot of words to not answer his question. You completely left out the fact that it really does have negative effects on your brain.
>>
>>69808518
If you had any self control you would do the work without having to do drugs anyway. Then you could do progressively harder and harder tasks without a crutch. This is called "willpower."
>>
>>69809332
>he doesn't know that rich people do insane amounts of high quality cocaine
>>
>>69809322
but see here's the thing, stimulants motivate you to do the work required to get the skills. that's what makes them special. the reason people don't want to do the work is because the reward doesn't seem intense enough. but since stimulants hijack the reward pathway, they artificially motivate one to do what they wouldn't normally bother doing.
>>
>>69809581
But if a drug can simulate willpower why waste time developing it? You anti drug luddites need to adapt to the modern age.
>>
>>69809198
Magnesium l-threonate Is a great form of magnesium. It passes the blood-brain barrier easier. I have noticed it helps easy negative thinking for some reason. It feels a little sedating thought.

Ubiquinol (coenzyme Q10), vitamin b complex and omega 3 fish oil, hemp oil are great too.
>>
>>69809581
>he's never done amphetamines and thinks that level of sustained and intense concentration is possible with willpower alone
>>
>>69809667
The funny thing is people in this thread actually think like this.

>Just smash the easy button until you win, what could go wrong :^)

>t. Mind Controlled Drug Slave
>>
>>69809850
I think like that. The human body and mind can be improved by drugs. Why accept being just you when drugs can make you feel and perform better?
>>
>>69809332
>They got to the top and then made everything they made to get there illegal so they could stay there.
>Y-yeah, that's why I do meth.

If you think meth is illegal to prevent people from succeeding then you are legitimately delusional. This has nothing to do with ideology. Success at any cost and stupid short-term benefits aren't the same thing. Why not murder others so there's less competition?
>>
>>69809581
willpower doesn't temporarily expand working memory capacity.

>>69809556
and what i'm saying is that those negative effects can be reasonably mitigated if you know what you're doing.

>>69809618
cocaine blocks voltage gated sodium channel subtype 5. this happens to be the sodium channel your heart uses to conduct signals from the SA to the AV node and then to the purkinje fibers. this is why cocaine is so dangerous compared to other stimulants and why cocaine has a tendency to cause so many fatal arrhythmias. it's a shit drug for people who don't know better,

>>69809549
psychiatrists have M.D.s and have to take the hippocratic oath just like regular doctors. the only difference is their specialization and job detail. regular doctors are glorified drug dealers too when it comes to opioids.
>>
My gf pussy is the biggest motivation. 1 hour fucking, 2 studying, 1 hour fucking, 2 studying and it can go all day.
>>
>>69809732
I'm not saying amphetamines have no effect, they definitely do. The problem is that amphetamine abusers who use it for work will get to a point where they need to read 12 consecutive pages in a book and go, "NEED TO FOCUS, WHERE ARE MY DRUGS?"
>>
>>69807329

there's no caffeine in burgers. we'll be fine
>>
>>69808941
I bet that ignorance of yours is satisfying. Drugs have shown me (and many others) the importance of preventing my own bullshit pour over into other people's lives. This principal alone has allowed me to be an asset to those around me. I don't even do speed.
>>
>>69809958
Because that's illegal and the cost of getting caught outweighs the financial or social benefit I would gain by murdering someone.
>>
File: 5-1.jpg (687 KB, 1734x1736) Image search: [Google]
5-1.jpg
687 KB, 1734x1736
>>69806715
concerta turns you into a goalless autistic loser in less than 12 hours

and the flu you get if you take it for awhile destroys you
>>
My doc wants to prescribe me some amps

I've given up on working because I cannot into school and w/o schooling I cannot into a job above min wage. I've realized my life will be shit for a long time and don't feel like trying at all
>>
>>69809933
Because your brain will stop working like it used to.

>>69809976
And yet we haven't done long term studies on children or at least there is very little information on it.

>>69810030
Fair enough.
>>
I used to be on Ritalin, but switched to modafinil later, can still concentrate but without all the shitty sides. Feels good man.
>>
drugs are fine. people just have no self control because degenerate by nature.

>have stash of addy, coke, weed, e
>use them sparingly, maybe once a quarter, to go balls out and have a blast
>lift 5x a week, kill it at work, live a healtht balanced lifestyle otherwise

evolve you pathetic shits.
>>
its probably a good idea for most men to look into supplementing protein(amino acids). This is likely the cause of the beta-male epidemic. These amino acids are precursors to neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine. if you don't get enough of these essential amino acids you will turn into a depressed pussy.
>>
>>69809933
Short-term solutions to internal problems that you don't even seek to improve through personal effort, and immediately declare any organic results 'impossible'

this is the product of the instant gratification generation. Why not smoke cigarettes? They make you more relaxed and sociable. Let's roid up, then we'll be more muscular. Who cares about a year from now?

>>69810096
>because the cost of getting caught for meth and the long-term mental damage outweighs the financial or social benefit I would gain from it
>>
>>69806715
how is this political?
>>
File: 1459391927938.jpg (88 KB, 612x624) Image search: [Google]
1459391927938.jpg
88 KB, 612x624
>>69809630

What motivates you is discipline and interest in what you're doing. No discpline? Your fault. There are ways you can develop it (a fixed routine, for example, or rewarding yourself for small achievements). No interest? Well, you should have chosen another subject or you need to contextualise whatever it is you're studying in order to see why it's worthwhile. Bottom line: you don't need drugs.

Ever heard of William Thomson? Lord Kelvin. The unit of temperature is named after him and he formulated the laws of thermodynamics. The dude would get up at dawn, work out, study some physics while he ate his breakfast and then he would go to work at the university studying and teaching more physics. Then he would come home, work out again, eat dinner and study physics until his bedtime at around ten or so. And the dude did this every single fucking day - studying, eating, working out. And he did it without drugs. That's discipline, that's passion for what you're doing. The problem now is kids want that sort of level of success but they want to do it while checking FB every ten minutes or playing vidya or fucking around.

Just make yourself a study routine the very first day of term and stick to it. From Monday to Friday work like a fucking demon and then relax at the weekends. Log off from social media and stop shitposting until Friday night when you're pregaming. It's simple.
>>
>>69809933
Because when you are on the drugs you are affecting your brain in unknown ways. When you are not on the drugs you are worried about getting more so you can work. You're using a crutch. If you think you can have a steady stream of drugs for the rest of your life then go for it, I'm sure they're good for you anyway.
>>
File: untitled1336437471347.png (173 KB, 531x315) Image search: [Google]
untitled1336437471347.png
173 KB, 531x315
>>69809709
>I have noticed it helps easy negative thinking for some reason.
yes, that's actually exactly what it does and why i take it. those negative thoughts are occuring due to erratic influx of calcium ions through NMDA receptor channels when it's not supposed to be happening. the NMDA receptor is a very complex membrane protein that in combination with AMPA receptors essentially forms the foundation upon which every memory you every make is created and recalled.

here's a diagram of how the magnesium ion works at this receptor. now think about what would happen if an Mg2+ ion was unavailable for this interaction.
>>
>>69809198
Mostly good information, but I'd never reccomend SSRIs to anyone. Useless pills with tons of side effects that wreak havoc on your brain over time. Benzos are the only pills that actually help anxiety, but as you've said, they're extremely addictive and not the kind of shit you should be taking every day. Protip: if you have severe anxiety benzos will probably end up being your drug of choice. They're almost too good and it's become absurdly easy to get them even without a script. I do what I can to cope on a daily basis, but I always have to make sure my benzo script runs out at least 2 weeks early because I have zero self control with that shit and as long as they're around I'm fucked out of my mind on them 24/7. Getting a huge ass script from a dude who told me "drug addiction isn't a problem if you don't run out" was both a blessing and a curse.
>>
>>69810252
If I could murder someone and make a few millionI would do it on a heartbeat, if I knew I could get away with it I would kill for 20 grand.
>>
>>69809198
I had Psoriasis for a short period of time which was cured by medical Solarium sessions but i still have small Seborrhea problems on the head.

Funny thing is that Atarax was originally prescribed to me by cardiologist to treat high heart beat at night. No panic attacks.

The drug works very well but I was thinking if there is something better.
>>
>>69810244

however i will stress drugs are not a crutch. they will not enhance your performance in anything (dude weed makes you creative, dude addy makes me focus so well).

they throw off your homeostasis, which is very bad.

shrooms and lsd are a whole other realm btw. do them once a year but not more imo.
>>
>>69810184
i'm not advocating giving them to kids. i don't think that's good and i'm nearly certain it has profound effects on developing brains just by analyzing a couple of my friends who've taken them from a young age. i'm talking about adults here.
>>
>>69810088
Great. Well whatever the fuck you're talking about, I'm sure that drugs showed you the way and you couldn't have done it otherwise. Just kidding, work on your self esteem.
>>
>>69810334
>t. Drug User
>>
>>69810244
You sound like a faggot.
>>
>>69810334
>t. Hobbes

we give up some of our natural rights by agreeing to exist in a society
if everyone operates under a false pretense and secretly violates societal laws, society ceases to exist

feel free to do meth, but don't act like you're superior for it. You have no sense of long-term repercussions and that's your own fucking problem.
>>
>>69810562
Nah, really the only thing that has ever kept me from obeying any law is the fear of punishment. I thought that was everyone's motivation and was actually shocked to hear others obey it out of a sense of loyalty or whatever. That makes no sense to me
>>
File: 1453685507834.jpg (39 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
1453685507834.jpg
39 KB, 706x706
>>69809198
>magnesium supplementation

What supplements would you recommend for a 20 year old male (if it makes any difference?) I don't suffer from anything too bad, I just want to make sure I don't encounter any problems in the future. Though, I've always thought the 'supplement craze' was a farce.
>>
>>69810706
I think that most people are just dishonest and say what people want others to hear.
>>
>>69806715
weed, it grows brain cellulars
>>
>>69810802
*say what they think other people want to hear
>>
>>69810706
Sounds like drug induced psychopathy.
>>
>>69810181
Take the drugs. That first week will be like you're superman. Work on good habits and get into a routine. After that first week. STOP CHASING THE HIGH. Use the drug as directed and keep your routine.
>>
>>69810318
>drug addiction isn't a problem if you don't run out

well he forgot to say what happens when you build a ridiculously high tolerance on them very fast and they gonna start not working

I've been abusing benzos for years and built a huge tolerance and gone through withdrawal in army when they ran out.Not for the feint of heart
>>
>>69810213
Can you get a script for modafinil? Or is it only a over the counter supplement.
>>
>>69810706
Sounds like you're a sociopath.
>>
I legit think I have ADD. I have zero concentration and end up not doing anything all day.
Would it be easy to get adderall? Whenever I see people talk about it they're talking about how to bullshit the doc and get a prescription. I'd probably get turned down because of those assholes who just want some amphetamine.
>>
>>69810305
Would you be so kind to tell me a Brand Name for this drug so I could get it in Pharmacy here? Do I have to get a script for that? Preferably not, since most doctors here still live in imaginary world.

I wonder if they even get what you try to say when I will show them these graphs.
>>
>>69809976
>regular doctors and opiods
It used to be sweet, but now the DEA is cracking down hard as fuck on that. I wasn't even able to get something that even killed the pain after getting out of surgery having my finger reattatched. They cut off my shit 5mg norco script a month early too "so I wouldn't get addicted" and then I had to deal with shady people just to get enough painkillers to get through the physical therapy. I got clean as soon as the pain subsided and I was able to use my hand again, but fuck all that bullshit I had to go through just because people were using doctors as pill mills. Sure, psychs may take the Hippocratic oath, but that really doesn't mean shit. Psychiatry has been horribly corrupt ever since its inception and has harmed far, far, more people than its helped.
>>
>>69806836

Anal retention AND a virgin, wow.
>>
>>69810981

Buy it online, it's fairly easy to get hold of in the UK, though I've heard you can get your doc to prescribe it for ADHD these days though.
>>
>>69811394

just have a doc diagnose you

there is 7 types of add all requiring different treatment
>>
>>69806715
Plants can be drugs.

There are tons of nootropics that are legal and available as supplements.
>>
Allright, just gonna post here cause it's relevant.

in Aus. we have Dexamphetamine, 5mg for use with people with ADD/ADHD, from doses varying for 1 per day to 1 per hour or so.

Whats the long-term effects of things like this and ritalin?

What are the short term effects?
>>
>>69811482
Magnesium is a vitamin supplement, Ivan. No brand names and no script required. Just ask them for whatever the Russian word for magnesium is.
>>
>>69810318
> I'd never reccomend SSRIs to anyone. Useless pills with tons of side effects that wreak havoc on your brain over time.
i disagree. they are massively overprescribed but for certain people they work wonders. i do believe they're worth a try under certain circumstances including the circumstance i recommended them for. it's not like he has to keep taking them if they don't help.

>>69810456
i would stay stick to the doctor's orders on that one, but still give the magnesium a try. i do believe there's a pretty significant chance it'll help you out. i might actually make a thread recommending it to everyone here because of how much it changed my life when i started taking it.

>>69810788
>I've always thought the 'supplement craze' was a farce.
for the most part it is. if you don't have a deep understanding of physiology and pharmacology you're just gonna get ripped off. magnesium in particular has a very specific function that you can do a lot of reading about on the internet if you really want to understand why i so strongly recommend it. really, it's the only supplement i actually think most everyone should be taking since due to changes in our soil and water filtration, it's nearly impossible to get an adequate intake of magnesium from food sources hence why deficiency is so rampant.

>>69810981
its a drug. not a supplement. and it's controlled. but adrafinil is a prodrug that your liver metabolizes into modafinil and adrafinil is legal. there's tons of vendors for it on the internet.
>>
>>69807118
The USA switched to coffee in the revolution, due to the British having a hard on for tea. Even the FF that preferred tea made the switch
>>
>>69811611
The medical system is too confusing. I don't know where to go to get a diagnosis. It's not like I can go see ''a doctor'' and get it. Nope, I have to see a psychologist or psychiatrist. Arrange a meeting, get my paper work, figure out how to get there etc.
If this is ADD it's pretty fucking bad ADD. It takes me days to complete basic tasks.
>>
>>69811828
>only 5mg
Damn, straya really is fucking horrible. 5mg d-amp will barely do more than a cup of coffee even if you snort it (higher BA than oral). No wonder you guys are willing to pay 500 bucks for a gram of shake-n-bake.
>>
Imagine everyone had access to free amphetamines = tons of mania-state people with harebrained ideas doing either crazy shit or infringing on the turf of naturally amibitious people

Same if everyone could just have benzodiazepines on tap, if everyone could take a pill that gave them balls, the people who naturally were fearless would no longer have a monopoly

Also lets not forget these drugs are bad for you because they're in a state of maintained obsolence for aforementioned reasons
>>
>>69811482
magnesium is just an elemental ion. though the form you get it in will affect bioavailability. i recommend magnesium citrate personally. as long as it says that on the bottle you're fine. your goal is to hit 300-350mg of elemental magnesium per day.
>>
Look, I get a script for adderal xr 30mg, and it's great and everything. You fly through work, but there are plenty of downsides to relying on this sort of thing. Which is why I sell roughly half of the pills I get every month or so. You can really make a lot of money selling these. 5 bucks a pill is the regular price, of course you can always up the price because of supply and demand. Always had weed money in college because of this.

Anyways these drugs shouldn't be given to everyone. You don't feel like eating while you're on it, you don't even think about eating or drinking, you're just focused into whatever catches your attention first. Sure cleaning is easier too, but if you don't fuel up like you're suppose to, once the adderall wears off you crash super hard.
>>
>>69812096

What I did was see a psychologist a few times and she decided I had add and sent me to a pysch. The psychologist is the one who actually prescribes things. You sound very similar to me. Originally I thought I had something worse than add
>>
>>69812221
If i pop 1 then I'm wired for 4 hours
if i pop 2 i can go for about 10 or so

im not seeing a downside at the moment but I'm guessing continued use would cause something to happen, but since its a low dosage idk what it could be?
Addiction? only do it sporadically.
>>
>>69812416
you have to take a bunch of stupid tests in order to be diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. Man they were tedious as all hell.
>>
>>69812482
it all depends how much you weigh m8.

I fucking let my roommate have half of my 30 once or maybe even smaller than that. He was up the entire night and I think even had trouble sleeping the next day too. It effects everyone differently.
>>
>>69812096
You don't live in the US, so it's much harder for you to get anything out of the system. The reason our psychs are so corrupt and hand out pills like candy is because our doctors are in bed with big pharma and there's more money to be made here than any other country. I don't know how things work there, but any advice from anyone in the US is unlikely to apply to you.
>>
File: 1386807329131.jpg (24 KB, 258x310) Image search: [Google]
1386807329131.jpg
24 KB, 258x310
>>69806836
>>
>>69812574

I know and I'm not sure if every test was like mine was but they asked me the same questions 2 or 3 times. Did they expect me to change my mind? It seemed very confusing
>>
>>69806715
As someone who has been prescribed. I can tell you that these pills fuck you up. physically and mentally. Mind you i loved taking them and studying under them. However after a while they start messing up your nervous system. You cant focus as easily on stuff you could have done easily sober. Also its tough on the heart and stomach. ive been suffering stomach problems for about 2 years now and a bunch of other stuff and i believe amphetamines played a big part in it.
>>
>>69810244
Good one, man. It's a shame the public image of recreational use is dictated by those who appear on the news.
>>
>>69812820
Hah yeah I remember, theres a lot of repetition.
>>
>>69812699
70kg
eat fuck all
180cm
run occasionally
>>
>>69810261
Prohibition obviously does more harm than the drugs themselves, yet our political representatives continually support it.
>>
>>69812482
Low doses of d-amp, hell even high doses, will cause you basically no longterm harm if you only use occasionally. The people that have problems are the ones that take it daily. Even if you're taking the prescribed dose, daily use leads to heart problems and fucks up your dopamine regulation among other things. Nothing wrong with what you're doing.
>>
>>69811828
I use it regulary for exams. Its Not that effective to be honest. It helps with concentration, you get a pretty hefty tunnel vision. After a week or two i felt pretty shallow like a learning robot. Its Not pleasant at all.
>>
>>69812416
I've spent years of self-diagnosing thinking I've had anything from vitamin D deficiency to a brain tumour.

I once tried to get help, but I had to come up with paper work, give them all sorts of information, just waste my time all day, and when I thought I had everything sorted out they ask for another set of papers and a urine sample.
Fucking hell I hate healthcare. If ADD is an actual thing I don't see how anyone with actual ADD could ever get help when dealing with this shit.

I'd probably have more luck going around asking people off the streets to sell me adderall. I can guarantee that I'd get better results.
>>
>>69812960
yeah all amphetamines will fuck with your heart.
I've got a script too, it's not good to take all the time. It really does suck because I don't want to apply for jobs at all without adderall.
>>
>>69813253
>If ADD is an actual thing

It's not.
>>
>>69806715
No idea. what 1st world countries allow it, if any?
>>
File: Hotline Tree King.png (575 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hotline Tree King.png
575 KB, 1920x1080
>>69810499
Whether not the revelations of internal locus of control and quarantining my own bullshit drama could have occurred while sober is beyond the scope of this experimenter's research. The test pool for this finding was a paltry 1 subject.

Though the data was gathered from a singular instance, the resultant personality traits (listed above) are in stark contrast with that of the majority of the American populace.
>>
>>69806715
Ive been taking nootropics for nearly a decade now. They're excellent when used correctly. Piracetam and noopept are my preferred supplements.
>>
File: 1456240102276.png (2 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
1456240102276.png
2 KB, 256x224
>>69812253
What's your opinion on Vayvanse?
I was having panic attacks and I couldn't walk around without the aid of another person. Was I prescribed too much or was I just sensitive to the drug?
>>
>>69812960
>stomach problems
I'd place good money on that being from the speed. Contracts your stomach and intestines and as a result makes you barely eat shit. There's a reason amphetamines are still prescribed for weight loss here. Hell, desoxyn (5mg methamphetamine pills) is still being prescribed to an estimated 5,000 people in the country. Most of those are prescribed it as a last resort for morbid obesity.
>>
>>69806715
I think Piracetam would be one of those drugs. It's also legal everywhere.
>>
>>69811903
Allegedly the commonly available magnesium salts are barely bioavailable (<10%). The chelated forms of magnesium (bis-glycinate) are said to be much more (>80%) readily absorbed by humans.
>>
>>69813612
it's because amphetamines work as a catalyst to your metabolism.

You really should rely on these to lose weight. Idk if it's exactly a good idea to work out on them.
>>
>>69813827
shouldn't*
>>
>>69813538
Quit talking like a faggot, using big words doesn't necessarily give what you say any substance.

>resultant personality traits (listed above)
>importance of preventing my own bullshit pour over into other people's lives
>????

Nonsensical drug addict rambling.
>>
>>69812253
My research indicated magnesium .bis-glycinate as the most bioavailabe form
>>
>>69813605
Vyvanse is a weird drug. It's a prodrug (meaning it is converted after being processed by the liver) to d-amp, but I'm not sure exactly what makes it affect people so drastically differently. Possibly something to do with the way our livers process it. I never had a problem taking adderall, which is 75% d-amp, but literally any amount of vyvanse will make me sick as fuck and be awake for days. You could have been on too much or vyvanse might just not mix well with your body and brain chemistry. Also, anxiety is a side effect of all stimulants. If you have bad anxiety maybe you shouldn't be eating speed regardless of if whoever's giving it to you says you need it.
>>
>>69813812
>>69814018
i wouldn't doubt that, but i believe that as long as you aren't going with the cheap oxide most forms are reasonably bioavailable.
>>
>>69813913
Thank you for your thoughtful contribution to the conversation. You are an asset to humanity.
>>
>>69813605
you took too much and were probably prone to anxiety already. try a lower dose.
>>
>>69814153
I most certainly have ADHD.
I was thinking about going back on Strattera, it's the only ADHD med that didn't give me any weird side-effects.
>>
>>69814321
nice rare white ID
>>
>drugs that improve studying

Is that shit legit? I've only ever seen it in the movies. How does it even work? You read some text and instead of forgetting half of it after some time or something like that it all just sticks and you have ebin retention and memory?
>>
>>69813827
Working out on them puts a lot of unnecessary strain on the heart. They might give the motivation to get pumped up and go do shit, but it's far from healthy. People really shouldn't take speed for any reason related to physical health/appearance, but that certainly doesn't stop them.
>>
>>69814506
>The ID of truth.
>>
>>69807486
it works great. but it is like any drug in that you build up tolerance over the long term. I buy this stuff called Motivation! that is a combo of caffeine, l-theinine, and a couple of other focus compounds. it isn't speed, but the calm clear focus it gives you mimics what I look for in amphetamines
>>
>>69814620
It makes you more fully invested in the task you are undertaking. Less wandering thoughts, less attention paid to distractions, a lot harder to get side tracked.

But if you aren't aiming your brain in the right direction when it starts to have an effect, these attributes get applied to whatever bullshit you find interesting at the time. You can easily spend 4+hrs masturbating, or organizing your silverware by weight/shininess, or meticulously measure the length of every edge in your house and analyze the set of measurements to find relations to the zodiac/Nostradamus texts/ biblical numerology.
>>
>>69814436
Strattera is quite literally the only pill prescribed for ADD that isn't a stimulant. It's placebo-tier. If you really have serious issues concentrating (you certainly do if you've been on stimulants for years, your dopamine is fucked), look into nootropics. Haven't fucked with em myself, but apparently it's like all the concentration of amphetamine/methylphenidate analogs minus the massive stimulation and euphoria. Basically they're useful but not enjoyable in any way. For whatever reason, there's only a few prescribed in the US and they're all prescribed purely for narcolepsy.
>>
>>69815144
>Have experimented with MANY nootropics

The concentration/motivation effects of these substances pale in comparison to amphetamines.

I would say at most you get 25% of the effectiveness of amphetamines, and that's when all other factors are in place (diet, sleep, exercise, mood). They help, but not as much as the substances available through prescription
>>
>>69807654
SNSD is weeaboo trash, listen to real music and watch real porn you half hearted dumb sack of shit.
>>
>>69815442
i don't listen to SNSD. i just think that image is funny.
>>
>>69808134
>go back to europe
>implying soft drugs aren't legal in the netherlands
not all euro's are cucks.
>>
>>69815375
What prescriptions are you referring to?
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 625x626
>>69806836
Lel.
>>
>>69808377
Adderall isn't going to help you write better code.
>>
>>69806715

How do people study on that shit? I can't initiate anything when I am on it. I just fap for hours and get nothing done. I only take it for long drives now.
>>
>>69806836
>recreational
>>
>>69820464
if you can't resist your primal urges then it's a shame
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.