[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question, no trolling: Do you religious people actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: Glenn-Beck-AP-5-640x480.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Glenn-Beck-AP-5-640x480.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
Serious question, no trolling: Do you religious people actually believe all the miracles and magic in the bible? I literally cannot even comprehend what believing in God or spirituality is even like
The concepts are totally foreign
>>
>>69806161
>Miracles
Yes sure I believe in those becuase it wouldn't be rational otherwise. But protestants have turned them into literal feelings. It's pathetic.
>>
I can't comprehend living with autism, so it appears that we are at an impasse.
>>
My grandma was a hardcore Christian for her entire life. Yes she did believe in it. Once she started talking me about some invisible hand that lifted her up when she was having some kind of attack. My mother is quite spiritual too, when I was a child the doctors said I might have ADHD and they recommended some tests, but she refused them because she said I'm a Gemini so it's my nature to be like that.
>>
>>69806161
Hey OP, please watch this:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
and the first 30 minutes of this:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
These explain why the ressurection of Jesus is the most reasonable explanation for what happened.
>>
>>69806161

I always find funny when atheists believe in numerology, astrology, horoscopes, biorhythms, water with memory and shit.

But who fucking knows? Maybe all these things are true?
>>
>>69806161

No. They are stories told to scare people straight in a time when there were no true order.
>>
>>69809607
Everything is true. Religion is magic by a different name and magic is just a way of subtly hacking the operating system of the universe. You're not gonna throw fire balls or become a dragon but you can do strange things. Strange things like maybe healing people or making them sick or getting really lucky in love or whatever. They're not really things that would be considered paranormal but would be considered unexplainable.
>>
File: doubting-thomas-by-caravaggios.jpg (60 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
doubting-thomas-by-caravaggios.jpg
60 KB, 650x600
>>69810839
>>
>>69806161
>religious people
Most of them are fake and only say stuff to belong

I have a working theory I believe in.
>>
>>69810839

> unironically believing in miracles
>>
>>69806161
give it a year or two. converting to islam is going to become a meme on /pol/.
>>
>>69807982
What's rational about believing in magic that some old kikes claimed to have witnessed 2000 years ago?
>>
>>69812935
I've seen a couple. People who's cancer pretty much just disapeared and people who after had after prayer and such had legal problems just go away or they'd find money they badly needed. I don't just assume this is the work of just one religion as I've heard stories from people who are not religious but into occult practices. The one thing they both share is that they take time to meditate (prayer or magik ritual) and focus on their problem and what they want. It doesn't always work and it's not easy but I dare to say it's possible.
>>
>>69806161
you are telling me that if your plane's engine fails and goes down you are just going to sit there smiling because you are not afraid of death?

if you are afraid of death, then my son, you believe in a higher being/place/soul, doesnt matter how much your pride denies it, you are going to cry like a faggot bitch when someone puts a gun to your head
and if you are so sure theres only blackness on the other side, then why dont you kill yourself already? spare the suffering, debts, responsibilities, pains, aging, deceptions, etc of living?
>>
>>69808749
It was the free market
>>
>>69806161
The universe exists. The universe has not always existed. Something cannot come from nothing without an outside cause. Something caused the universe. Only something greater than the universe could have caused the universe. Only something infinite and all-powerful could have caused the universe. God exists. God is almighty and thus can intervene in the universe. We call these interventions miracles. We have evidence of miracles occurring. Miracles continue to occur.
>>
>>69813783
lmao
>>
>>69806161
James 5 13-16

13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise.

******14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. ******

16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective

Reminder if your leaders do not have the faith to heal the sick then seek another church.

I have seen multiple healings. My church is considered protestant. I go to Assemblies of God by the way
>>
>>69813073

yeah, the magic of pure, unrestricted violence
>>
>>69813783
>Something cannot come from nothing without an outside cause.
>Only something infinite and all-powerful could have caused the universe.

wing ding diddly
>>
>>69813939
Point is, if you believe in God, there's no reason to disbelieve in miracles.

Saying that the idea of miracles seems ridiculous to you when you don't believe in God in the first place is just begging the question.
>>
Miracles are just a form of meme magic.
>>
File: 1443795438587465.jpg (26 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
1443795438587465.jpg
26 KB, 736x414
Ezekiel's wheel was a space ship.
Noahs ark was actually a DNA bank.
Jesus employed nano machines to heal and transmute.
Muhammad never traveled from Mecca to Jerusalem with the help an angel, but an alien instead, they never road a glowing white horse, it was his UFO.
Goliath was a gene-splicing mutation.
The Ark of the Covenant was a portable nuclear reactor.
Jericho's walls were never destroyed by prayer and Trumpets, but sonic weapons.
The Aten, the sun-disk worshiped by the egyptians was yet another alien craft.
Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed with nuclear weapons.
>>
File: 14438954359845.jpg (143 KB, 680x384) Image search: [Google]
14438954359845.jpg
143 KB, 680x384
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
>>
>>69806161
Honestly I believe Jesus was the son of God. My church always said that a lot of the old testament was just metaphors. Especially Genesis and Exodus.
>>
>>69813524
Damn if only the niggers in Africa would pray they'd really be kangz 'n shiee
>>
>>69814253
accepting the existence of God = accepting the existence of miracles

If you consider the premises true, then the conclusions to you will be sound as well.

If God exists, then there's no reason why He wouldn't perform miracles.
>>
>>69813589
Naw man, life is great even if there isn't shit on the other side, I enjoy being alive for the fun of it
>>
>>69806161
If they do then they are morons...Jesus did some awesome stuff right? Walked on water fed thousands, healed sick people. BROUGHT A DUDE BAK FROM THE DEAD...Died and resurrected himself....Yet not one painting, or pottery, or hieroglyphics or scroll or even word of mouth from the residents in the area..Not One bit. We have many other forms of records from that time period and that area, so its not like people just didn't record shit..Its because it is fake.
>>
>>69814880
Again it works for personal things. But then again if they got together as a group something might happen similar to meme magik on this board.
>>
>>69809053
Jesus did some awesome stuff right? Walked on water fed thousands, healed sick people. BROUGHT A DUDE BACK FROM THE DEAD...Died and resurrected himself....Yet not one painting, or pottery, or hieroglyphics or scroll or even word of mouth from the residents in the area..Not One bit. We have many other forms of records from that time period and that area, so its not like people just didn't record shit..Its because it is fake.
>>
>>69815265
I think you're just being silly believing in prayer. It might be comforting, but magic isn't real.
>>
>>69809607
Probably because they aren't actual skeptics who deny God based on their own reasoning, but edgy leftists who hate mainstream religion but are gullible as fuck.
>>
>>69815265
Actually Parayer does more harm than good..Harvard actually did a 20 year study on Prayer, they had three groups of people that were all recovering from a similar surgery. One group was told they were being prayed for, one group was not and told they were not, and another was prayed for but not told...The group that was told they were being prayed for did far worse in their recovery than those that didnt know, or knew they werent.
>>
>>69815213
>im a coward
ok
>>
>>69815565
>Harvard
Lol.
>>
>>69815243
>what are the Gospels
>>
test
>>
>>69815729
Thats in the bible you moron...inadmissible..Besides that wasn't written till almost 100 years AFTER the non event that did not happen..Your religion is a lie, and you are a gullible fool.
>>
>>69815749
Tickle
>>
I'm Christian for Christian family values. I do not subscribe to any set of laws or rules set by any bible. Going to church creates a sense of community in even the most degenerate people. It instills the fear of god into sociopaths who would otherwise ruin peoples lives. It gives lonely souls a chance to have family and feel loved.

Christianity is wonderful as long as you preserve your individuality.
>>
>>69815479

well, technically speaking, everyone can make one unique experiment wist his/her/hir life trusting Jesus/Budda/JHWH/Allah/Demiurge/Satan/anyone you want and then describe results.

But how we know it won't be a lie?
>>
>>69815931
this
>>
>>69815931
So you admit you are a bad person and need a mental babysitter then? Gotcha..Thank you for being religious.
>>
>>69815565
>Thou shalt not put the LORD thy God to the test.
It's almost like God was punishing them for something.

God isn't some schoolboy who fails if He doesn't show up for exams you write for Him.
>>
>>69816049
You are so stupid it hurts.They weren't testing God you uneducated trilobite.They were testing the "power of prayer" And telling someone they are being prayed for as is done a million times a day could not in any way be construed as "testing god"
>>
>>69816032
That is a strawman.
>>
File: 1458506824611.jpg (208 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458506824611.jpg
208 KB, 1024x1024
>>69815617
>not wanting to die and fearing death are mutually exclusive
>>
>>69815335
We have records. It's called the bible.
>>
>>69816246
>It instills the fear of god into sociopaths who would otherwise ruin people's lives

Not a strawman if you admit to being a sociopath that wants to ruin other peoples lives.

Thank you for being religious.
>>
>>69816393
I didn't say anything about me being a sociopath in that sentence.

That was a strawman.
>>
>>69816345
Which was written almost 100 years AFTER the fact...And you cannot use the word in the definition of the word. "a cat is a cat like creature" Thats how dumb you like trying to use the bible to prove the bible.
>>
>>69816516
But its true and you know it lol...Again...thank you for being religious.
>>
File: 1459514604173.jpg (142 KB, 719x800) Image search: [Google]
1459514604173.jpg
142 KB, 719x800
>>69815450
http://james-allen.in1woord.nl/?text=the-mastery-of-destiny
Try reading this, broeder.
>>
>>69816607
Like I said, strawman.
>>
>>69815815
So you demand any evidence except evidence that exists. Okay.

The New Testament was written around AD 70 to AD 100, some parts based on older documents that are now lost. That's only 30 to 70 years after the Crucifixion, and easily within the living memory of eye witnesses, in a culture with a strong tradition of robust oral history.
>>
>>69806161
>no trolling
> Do you religious people actually believe all the miracles and magic in the bible?

What color is your fedora?
>>
>>69816656
Like I said True...you are only lying to yourself anon.....Thank.....you.......for......being......religious.
>>
>>69816032
Wow the strawman is strong with this one. Obviously you don't want a discussion, you just want to throw Shit.
>>
>>69815931
You're not a Christian unless you at least try to obey the Moral Law.
>>
>>69816677
No evidence exists outside the bible which is no more proof of what is in there, any more than Harry Potter proving Wizards are real...The fact that you can't understand that speaks volumes about your intelligence.
>>
>>69816032
We're all bad people here.
>>
>>69808594
>I can't comprehend living with autism, so it appears that we are at an impasse.

>autism
>not understanding what religious people are thinking

Literally what

You have to realize that your idea of "faith" and your beliefs aren't something you were born with. Maybe then you'll realize how autistic you are for calling someone autistic for not understanding your mindset. Different upbringings, you cock-knuckled faggot
>>
>>69813783
>i do not know the answer to something
>this question cannot be answered by me right now so i will invent something simple by which to understand the complex
>much like a child sees presents under the tree come chrismas morning, i will believe in a made up entity because i cannot solve the riddle
>this is religion

it gets worse when people decide
>i'm only living this life to get to the place in the clouds called heaven
>because of this i'm not going to work to make this place better, only to pretend to be a good person here so i get a spot in the REAL happy place

fuck me. take pleasure in your life because it IS life and you'll only ever have it once. you're fucked when you die. it's not sad, it's good. imagine living forever as a stupid, ignorant fuckhead, dealing with your limited, by design, single viewpoint of all creation for eternity. hell exists my people- it's an eternal afterlife and a god to dominate it.
>>
>>69816049
"...and test Me now in this," says the LORD of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows..."
>>
>>69816897
>who is Josephus
>wat r romanz
>>
File: circle.jpg (159 KB, 1280x1147) Image search: [Google]
circle.jpg
159 KB, 1280x1147
>>69816758
I have little patience for idiots and liars. And anyone that follows a religion is both, and they dont even realize it...You guys have as much credibility and are takin about as seriously as flat earthers are..of which I would not be surprised if there were few of THOSE morons here as well.....Religious people do tend to go full retard quite alot.
>>
File: Capture.png (350 KB, 895x510) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
350 KB, 895x510
>>69816345
The Bible is not "records". You don't know what The Bible is. No, don't try to deny it, it's pretty clear. You don't understand the meaning of "King James" and you probably don't understand the Bible from a historical perspective. You probably don't understand the Bible from the perspective of someone who understands that it was written by several people at different time periods in history, or the process of writing it. How can you even begin to call that a historically accurate document? Even if they were all documents written by historians throughout history compiled together into a book, it still wouldn't be accurate simply because of the age and the possibility of multiple authors contradicting each other. Lo and behold, contradictions are numerous throughout that book.
>>
>>69817205
You mean, the cradle of civilization?
>kek
>see you across the great expanse
>>
>>69816897
You realize that the Bible is a collection of documents written by different people and not a single document written by a single person, right? The events of the Gospels are thus corroborated by multiple sources. And you know that they're also corroborated by sources outside of the Christian tradition as well, even sources extremely hostile to Christianity, right?
>>
Hey atheists, if you're so smart, why are dinosaurs extinct? You want to debate me, atheist piece of shit? Bring it on. You've got nothing on me, you atheist dipshit.
Play in the pen, get hit by the toys. That's how we roll around here. You're dead, motherfucker.

If evolution is real, how come the sun never evolves? Stick to painting My Little Pony figurines, you neckbearded fat piece of atheist shit.
Can you show me a dog evolving into an elephant? No. Thought so.
>>
>>69817175
All...WELLLLLLLL after the fact...I'm talking about ANYTHING any scroll any pottery any statue ANYTHING from THAT time period and from THAT era...there is nothing because those events never happened for anyone to commemorate.
>>
>>69817280
its called a testament...and yes that's exactly what it is baboon.
>>
>>69817205
>Mecca and Medina aren't even in the circle
>>
File: 1458444460839.jpg (11 KB, 199x171) Image search: [Google]
1458444460839.jpg
11 KB, 199x171
>>69816897
This.
If you can't prove your religion is real without citing your special snowflake holy book, your religion ain't real.
>>
>>69816517
>>69816345
>>69815335
>>69809053

A historian wrote about Jesus. The historian was born only a few years after Jesus' supposed death. This is the earliest of any evidence of Jesus ever existing. It doesn't say much, only that a Jesus of Nazareth existed. We could say Jesus existed but the actual events are uncertain.

>Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was the Christ, and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians so named from him are not extinct at this day.

http://www.bede.org.uk/Josephus.htm
>>
>Just gunna leave this here

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/tsgibson/panin.pdf
>>
>>69817324
You do realize that only takes away credibility right? and again written ALMOST 100 YEARS AFTER THE FACT based on nothing mind you, plus MOST of the gospels contradict themselves as a matter of course. you have no evidence or legitimate argument other than the brain washing you have received to take away your cognitive thinking skills.
>>
>>69813524
Cancer forms when your cells dont get enough Oxygen. After cancer diagnosis it's not unusual for people to change their food and excercise habits and increase their blood flow and O2 levels until the cancer subsides.
>>
>>69817280
>a record isn't a record if it has stuff in it I disagree with
>>
>>69817365
Mecca has nothing to do with the bible......
>>
>>69817581
100 years afterwards is laughably false.
>>
>>69813783
>only something greater than the universe can cause the universe
Einstein over here with this irrefutable logic.
>>
>>69809607

You can believe in those things and not be tied to a specific religion. I'm not sure why that is so bewildering. There's a lot of claimed atheists who believe in the metaphysical. I wouldn't even call them atheists at that point, but I would take into consideration the fact that they still choose to call themselves "atheist" and then come to the reasonable assumption that they probably mean on the sense that they don't believe in certain religions.

>>69810839
>Everything is true. Religion is magic by a different name and magic is just a way of subtly hacking the operating system of the universe. You're not gonna throw fire balls or become a dragon but you can do strange things. Strange things like maybe healing people or making them sick or getting really lucky in love or whatever. They're not really things that would be considered paranormal but would be considered unexplainable.

What are you talking about?
>>
>>69806161

in my experience adults with IQs over 90 don't really believe it but enjoy the culture/virtue signaling/coping mechanism effect and people under 90 IQ don't have the problem solving abilities to see it's fictional and naturally defer to whatever their elders tell them which is why you only really see people willing to die for their religion en mass in shithole countries with IQ 85 populations like the middle east and africa
>>
>>69817696
Was not the big bang 'infintely' dense? Fuck sake man think before you speak.
>>
File: 1459098343522.jpg (24 KB, 306x480) Image search: [Google]
1459098343522.jpg
24 KB, 306x480
>>69817495
Prove to me that love is real.
>>
>>69813626
under rated
>>
>>69817518
first...his name was not jesus...so kinda pissed it away right there dontcha think? and second josephus was not even BORN untill after the non event didnt happen. So you are back to sq1
>>
>>69817070
>#yolo

Give me a break.
>>
>>69806161
It's sort of like having a future, which you wouldn't know anything about, you childless NEET.
>>
>>69813589
>if you are afraid of death, then my son, you believe in a higher being/place/soul

What the fuck kind of famine is your village going through right now? You are as retarded as someone who didn't get enough potatos in life.

>You believe death is real
>You are afraid of it
>Thus you believe there is something beyond death

Just because you automatically latch onto a belief in an escape when you're in fear of a situation doesn't mean others do it as well. That is an incredibly selfish line of thinking, son.
>>
>>69817826
Love is a specific combination of hormones and neurotransmitters that secrete and illicit physiological effects after certain stimulations.
>>
>>69817670
you are right...it was 70+ years...but you religious idiots dont care for facts...figured I would fit in.
>>
>>69806161
Miracles and magic are real. When you put yourself in the right situation you can see some real shit.
>>
>>69808594
>it's autism if you don't believe in my fairy tales

holy shit, the christfags are really grasping at straws now
>>
>>69813783
Why not assume that another system greater than the universe created it? You could call it God, but to automatically call it a being is over-reaching. The universe itself could be considered a being if you realize that you are just a part of this system that is great enough to be able to produce intelligent life. I don't need to automatically add the assumptions you're doing to see it. And then you go as far as to say "mircales continue to occur" when the rest of your post is hardly related to miracles. It's like you didn't even think about a single thing you said you edgy fuck.
>>
>>69817581
>testimony from multiple witnesses is less credible than testimony from a single witness

Okay.

>>69817800
The average IQ of atheists is 105. The average IQ of Anglicans is 115. lol
>>
>>69806161
Why do you care?
>>
>>69815060
>>69814376
>IF YOU BELIEVE IN GOD YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES
>BECAUSE I FUCKING SAID SO THAT'S WHY

Apparently everyone who believes in God is believing in the same kind of God you do. Is that what you think? Hell there are people who don't even see God as a person who interferes with day to day life, just as a global consciousness. There are people who believe in many. There are people who believe in an omnipresent god that doesn't interfere. What is wrong with you?
>>
>>69817885
I don't think Josephus specifically refers to him as "Jesus". Furthermore to appeal to an audience that only knows him as "Jesus" it makes much more sense to mainly use that variation of his name.

Autistic much?
>>
most religious people will claim not to believe in the gibberish parts of the bible because they find it embarrassing to admit it. they will claim to have some abstract philosophical view of god that is highly sophisticated and based on reason

then as soon as your back is turned they are right back in the pews begging the creator of reality to help them win the lottery and turn their fag son straight again
>>
>>69817755

it is possible: they do not believe God because it would be unscientific but they believe any other say paranormal activity

you know, everything is about muh feeling

does everyone get intersubjective scientific feeling feeling?
>>
I don't know if God is real or not, but religion helped a lot of people to get their lives back on track.

Drug addicts, criminals, depression.
When you lost everything, God will always be there.

This is why i support Religion, because it works.
>>
>>69806161

You belief magic happend twice 1 the universe got created 2 life got created . i belief in magic from a cause . you belief magic with no cause , i dont know wich one is more rational
>>
>>69817627
>I consider the Bible inaccurate mainly because I disagree with it.

Why would you make such an assumption? Did that make you feel comfortable with yourself? The Bible is inconsistent, archaic, and has a history that is obviously larger than what you think it is. The Bible you know today isn't "The Bible" of hundreds of years ago, for example.

>>69817357

What is called a "testament"? I don't even know what part of my post you're responding to, but I do know what a testament is. I'm just not following what point you're making here, so try again.
>>
>>69818479
but i dont believe in magic

I believe that (something) resulted in the creation of the universe and (something else) resulted in life arising on the planet Earth

I suspend my belief concerning what these somethings might be because i have no clue. i make no claim conceerning the beginning of the universe or the beginning of life on earth, i simply admit that i dont know. you are the one who jumps straight to the conclusion that a supreme being did these things. why is it so hard for you to simply admit that you dont have a clue why the universe exists or how life arose? this is surely the only rational thing to say on the subject
>>
>>69818448
This is belief in belief tho. Just because the idea is helping some people doesn't mean it's true.

You're pretty much saying that religion is a bluepill, and I agree with that, but on /pol/ most people care about what's true I guess.
>>
>>69806161

I've seen some pretty impossible shit, so I honestly don't know.
>>
>>69817971
The Gospels began to be composed in AD 70.

AD 70 is not 70 years after the Crucifixion.

It's ~70 years after Christ's BIRTH.

Christ was crucified at age 35. (He might have been born 8 years earlier than AD 1.)

I'll let you do the math.

Parts of the Gospels were also based on texts written earlier than AD 70.
>>
>>69818448

Well religion works for the kind of people it works for. I think a better alternative would be philosophy. Here you'll have the best parts of religion that helps drug addicts and criminals and depressed people. I can name a handful of people I personally know who benefited after looking into philosophy or following someone's teaches. They were just looking for guidance, someone who understands them and can effortlessly explain what is going on to them. Alan Watts for example.
>>69818827
I would like to add I don't think you need to be a nihlist to believe what's true. A lot of people here seem to think it comes with the price..

>>69818781
I can go as far as to believe in a global consciousness, or that the universe could be considered intelligent, in the sense of a computer. That would be a good compromise. Going as far as to say "it's a person with these attributes (human attributes, no less)" is something else.
>>
>>69815335

We had some kind of holocaust and we are still debating that on /pol/ if it really happend because of lack of evidence. Oh my 2000 years ago how much evidence would we have then.
>>
>>69818827
Yea, it's all about faith, you can't prove it
Believing in something is beautiful.
>>
>>69813589
>People don't want to die
>THIS MUST MEAN THAT THEY BELIEVE IN SOMETHING HIGHER
Amazing
Maybe if I lived in a disgusting Peruvian shithole I'd want to die
>>
>>69806161
>I literally cannot even comprehend what believing in God or spirituality is even like
Because you do not have a fully operational brain.

You better start working on that, life is short.
>>
>>69819012
Awesome, i support philosophy, i know it helps people too, just like religion.

To each their own.
>>
>>69806161
I do. I don't think they're as common as people would like them to be but I think they happen. I do question some of Paul's stuff though. One reason is cause he contradicts himself. In one book he says it's ok it eat meat sacrificed at the temple cause those gods don't exist and in another he calls eating sacrificial meat heresy. Why does the church place so much emphasis on someone who didn't even know Jesus first hand?
>>
>>69815565

omg i prayed god for 1 million buck and the only thing i got was cancer .God is not real tips hat
>>
>>69818118
My entire post was explaining why Christians believe in miracles. Obviously you won't accept the cosmological argument if you don't believe in God.

>>69818276
If you're not a Christian then you don't believe in God (notice the capitalization). Plenty of people claim to believe in "God" but don't. I don't care to defend the gods of idolaters.
>>
>>69817581
>plus MOST of the gospels contradict themselves as a matter of course.

Then you clearly haven't read or understood much of the bible. The gospels are mostly corroborative. The discrepancies are no more than to be to be expected in witness testimonies. If they were all the exact same then I would admit you had a point. But they aren't and you don't.
>>
let's turn the tables

do you really, truly, believe everything in the universe was all in one dot?

and no knowledgable force created the dot?

and it exploded (for no reason), eventually resulting in you, with feelings and emotions?

do you really believe that?
>>
File: 1417225352814.gif (996 KB, 290x231) Image search: [Google]
1417225352814.gif
996 KB, 290x231
>>69813626
pretty funny desu
>>
>>69818660
Just because you don't like the Bible doesn't mean it isn't a document that contains historical information. Sorry.
>>
>>69816239

how does that work my mom is sick i pray for her meanwhile i fuck a dude in the ass would god accept my prayer
>>
>>69813294
It wouldn't be rational to believe that God isn't able to do miracles.
>>
>>69819089
But it should at least make some sort of sense. Else you're saying all belief is beautiful, even if it's in something convoluted and inconsistent and that you don't even completely truly know yourself.

>>69819169
>>I literally cannot even comprehend what believing in God or spirituality is even like
>Because you do not have a fully operational brain.
>Not believing in faith is a disorder

My goodness. What's it like to go through life thinking like this? How sad would I have to be to attack someone for asking for someone else's point of view on religion? I'm not that edgy, and I think I'm pretty edgy at times..

>>69819393
It's not consistent at all. Pic related. It should be highly concerning that there is a great number of believers who are unwilling to take a good look at the contradictions throughout the Bible and actually acknowledge it enough to make a response longer than a 5-word sentence.

>>69819444
I believe there is something you could call God, but I don't believe it makes a lick of sense to automatically call it a person with certain attributes that you plucked out of air. Why go that far? Why can't it simply be a consciousness?

>>69819575
>The discrepancies are no more than to be to be expected in witness testimonies. If they were all the exact same then I would admit you had a point. But they aren't and you don't.
Give examples. Elaborate.

>implying you will

I'm gonna have a laugh here knowing you won't, but here's hoping you give it a try and actually try to back up what you're saying. I would like to see at least two quotes and an explanation as to how these discrepancies are similar to that in witness testimonies.

Surely you're not just watering it down, right? Surely they're all just minor little discrepancies being nitpicked, yes?

>>69819628
No, because that's not the big bang theory. Seriously take the time to learn about it for once.. it makes sense when you realize that everything is a wave in one form or another.
>>
>>69819628
It's a theory, no one truly knows, there could be a creator but that doesn't mean we need to believe the bible. Do you believe all the miracles that happened in the bible? Why don't miracles happen anymore?
>>
>>69819393
Believe in Jesus and his sacrifice, learn from it, learn to ask for forgiviness, but don't forget to forgive yourself too.

Don't be afraid of heaven/hell, do and fight for what you believe in, just like Jesus, who lived and died without a single regret.
>>
>>69819393
Paul says you shouldn't eat sacrificial meat because it might throw off recent converts from paganism and cause them to stumble back into their old ways, not because eating such meat is bad in itself. If your on your own go ahead and it it. If you're with a friend who used to sacrifice goats to idols, go get McDonald's instead. There's no contradiction there.
>>
>>69819705
What do you think I'm saying is what I'd like to know. I don't think the Bible is a historical document, and it's not because of my opinion. It's because it's true that the Bible is not a completely factual document.

Does it have historical information? Yeah, sure, some. I mean some of the places exists, it mentions some events that happened, stuff like that. Is that what your focus is on, whether or not it CONTAINED historical information?
>>
File: 1459314119302.jpg (48 KB, 524x750) Image search: [Google]
1459314119302.jpg
48 KB, 524x750
>>69817970
God is real, because his existence stimulates a specific combination of hormones and neurotransmitters in my body that secrete and illicit physiological effects such as my belief in Him.
>>
>>69818078
No it's autism if it's autism, doesn't matter what you believe 2bh
>>
>>69820414
So asking you if you believe in the miracles in the bible is autism?
>>
>>69819952
The "contradictions" in the Bible are usually stuff like "This passage says he was almost ten feet tall, but this other passage says he was nine feet tall. Checkmate, God!" They can be reconciled through narrative, historical or cultural context, or else simply not being autistic about figures of speech.

>I believe there is something you could call God, but I don't believe it makes a lick of sense to automatically call it a person with certain attributes that you plucked out of air. Why go that far? Why can't it simply be a consciousness?
Because that would have required typing out a chain of reasoning that was too detailed for and not entirely relevant to the purposes of my post.
>>
>>69819393
Paul teachings are the foundation of the church and most Christian beliefs. Without them Christianity would be far different and worse off.

Also with regards the gods of the temple he says that you can eat the food. But if the food given to you is stated to be in honour of some deity or other then it becomes a sacrificial offering, which goes against God. He never says that these Gods don't exist. They do in fact and they all work for the One True God, so any sacrificial offerings are offered up to devils. That is the meaning of those words.

>>69819952
Kek. You were the one who said that the gospels contradict one another, so why are you now asking for quotations that merely agree with your earlier statement?
An example might be how some of the Gospels go into great detail about Jesus's wandering into the desert and some don't. Thinks like that. The discrepancies are not huge and damning in any sense, as you try to suggest. But please provide your evidence statement. I know you won't. Lmao.
>>
>>69820830
There is only one god m8
>>
>>69806161
>>69806161

if you understood the mathematical impossibility of the chance formation of the most "simple," single-celled organisms from a scientific and statistic point of view, the miracles of the Bible would seem as pedestrian as eating breakfast.
>>
>>69820830

But that would be true if your statement and my statement were one of the same. Surely you can paint a picture here of what you're trying to say, yes?
>>
>>69821150
From a scientific and statistic point of view, life still formed in a way that makes sense. We have a theory of evolution but not a theory for the water-into-wine miracle.
>>
>>69821150
Yeah turning water into wine, walking on water, raising the dead is sooooooo plausible
>>
>>69806161
Used to be christian, but I lost my contact with God, and slowly realosed that its all so unbelieveable contradictal.

Yes, real religious people actually think its real. I even beat up a kid for mocking my God. You consider non-believers ignorant and unenlightened. I guess thinking about magical and divinie powers makes you think things will become better and stuff. (I lost my faith when I was 10 years old)
>>
>>69819575

holyshit i just turnd christfag some time ago and when i read the bible i was back to being atheist.almost

genesis there was light and then 3 days later god creates sun it did not make sense , you truely need to read read and then understand it
that is why the bible is awesome and proof that its the word of god
>>
>>69820209

that is true why belief if he does not even exist, religion is in us because god created it us , praise god
>>
>>69820130
>I don't think the Bible is a historical document

There's your problem.

It is a historical document. Historical documents can have bias. Historical documents can have errors, or even fabrications. That doesn't mean they're not historical documents anymore. Triumph of the Will is a historical document. A People's History of the United States is a historical document. You can examine these, and in light of other sources and your own knowledge and beliefs sift out the facts and the maybes and the bunk.

Because it's a history written from a religious perspective you disagree with, you reject the whole thing as not being historical. That's absurd.

You're throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
>>
>>69820787
This. Just noticed that pic >>69819952. There is no way that the person who posted that has checked all of those descrepancies and who compiled it anyway? An athiest? Some butthurt Jews? Either way there is no way they know what they are talking about. It is like asking a mathematically illiterate person to check for errors in a complex mathematic formula. In fact, its worse than that because their own biases keep them unable to learn from their mistakes.

>>69821110
One God with three forms?

>>69821214
>that would be true if your statement and my statement were one of the same.
But they are one in the same, or at least one is contained within the other by degrees of severity. Meaning that if you say that the gospels are inconsistent with eachother and I agree, but say that these inconsistencies are minor, then by your own admission you must be aware of the minor inconsistencies I allude to seeing as how you no of much bigger and more damning ones that I don't know of. Is that picture clear enough for you?

Also I noticed that you still haven't provided any evidence of these damnable inconsistencies, as I knew you wouldn't. Lmao.
>>
>>69822194
No, one form, Allah.
>>
>>69821542
>I even beat up a kid for mocking my God

dont you mean you where muslim?
>>
>>69822318
This has to be b8.
>>
>>69818195
yes especially since THERE WERE NO WITNESSES!
>>
>>69818382
Further proving it is bullshit.
>>
>>69818862
All the gospel was based on much much older texts...its a very old story repackaged again and again stop being so naive. Ever heard of Gilgamesh...there is your Jesus.
>>
>>69819414
You have no idea how to science do you? Im not surprised, and it explains alot.
>>
>>69822064
No....SOME of the stuff in the OT actually happened but nothing like how it is depicted..the NT is a complete and utter work of fiction..A lie not true..etc etc.
>>
I'm not religious but I believe in life after death

it actually really frightens me and I just want to not exist but I just can't see the evidence for not-existing after death, it's too irrational

so I followed the evidence and now I dread what's going to happen
>>
File: indians.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
indians.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>69812887
>>
>>69823557

how do you science vs the devine god well you dont retard

. i just explained that there are variables and those are impossible to calculate by some study from harvard

Romans 1:22-32King James Version (KJV)

>22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
>>
File: 1288693846028.jpg (535 KB, 1264x2438) Image search: [Google]
1288693846028.jpg
535 KB, 1264x2438
>>69823907
Let me help you then. Your consciousness your P.O.V. the thing that makes you YOU, is the result of a very specific combination of atoms arranged in a very specific way. When you die these atoms will dissipate but they will always BE. Now our universe is essentially infinite, so one day, maybe 20 seconds after you die, or untold trillions of years, but one day all those atoms will coalesce once again in that very specific pattern and then BOOM.You are You again...And since you are dead whether it be 20 seconds or 20 trillion years...It really won't matter much now will it? Of course, your memories will most likely never come back, but YOU..will be YOU one day agian..Have no fear anon.
>>
>>69824157
lol you just keep making yourself look dumb...THE BIBLE HAS NOTING TO DO WITH FACT OR SCIENCE YOU MONG
>>
>>69824453

shilling jew detected
>>69823750

>No....SOME of the stuff in the OT actually happened
>>
>>69824152
Bringing your A game for the shitposting huh Australia?
>>
>>69824591
Nope..The jews are just stupid as the christians and muslims..all a bunch or ignorant moronic gullible idiots. Its just there are actually outside sources for some of the events in the OT as opposed to the NT which has ZERO
>>
>>69814724
>civ IV
Muh nigga
>>
I dont believe, I know.

I reccomend you start by watching this video and keep a notepad for questions:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NgZtJk39nqY
>>
For all you religious people here.. Let me ask you a hypothetical question ..Since it is Hypothetical, allow me to set it up. First let us assume that an afterlife has been confirmed real, it is undeniable now, a good glorious afterlife. Let us further assume with the same validity that not only is an afterlife real, but EVERYONE gets to go when they die, (except suicides). How do you think the world would change, but more importantly how do you think YOU would change?
>>
>>69824731
>THE BIBLE HAS NOTING TO DO WITH FACT
NOTING
NOTING
>No....SOME of the stuff in the OT actually happened

i am out of here dumb piece of shit. jesus never seen someone this stupid on pol
>>
>>69813783
This
>>
>>69824927
It doesnt...You quoted romans..which is the NT you stupid frog.
>>
>>69823457
Ahaha!!! You literal baffoon. I've read The Epic of Gilgamesh and it doesn't bear any similarity with the gospels. A hero quest for a weed that grants immortality, what the feck does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>69806161

Serious answer: It doesn´t matter at all. What counts is what it does to your life. Get more happy? Good for you to believe. All this discussion about truth or not is irrelevant. Happyness is what counts
>>
>>69825062
It was taken from it, and there are massive similarities..The flood..Search for eternal life punishments for doing bad..Did you actually read it, or just do the footnotes version..Because there are literally HUNDREDS of papers and scholars that make very easy and convincing links between really ALL religions past and present..Its all the same story, just repackaged when people stop believing it..Religion is a lie, whether or not God is real should only be between You and God.
>>
>>69825062
https://danielmiessler.com/blog/the-bible-is-fiction-a-collection-of-evidence/
>>
>>69824905
Change, not in the slightest. Not that you will understand this, but I and I don't think any Christians. Are Christians because of the promise of the afterlife.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_um69RqBpSw
>>
>>69825470
Well...you are literally in the 1% on that one sparky...Good on ya.
>>
File: bible inconsistencies.png (123 KB, 875x555) Image search: [Google]
bible inconsistencies.png
123 KB, 875x555
>>69822194
>There is no way that the person who posted that has checked all of those descrepancies and who compiled it anyway? An athiest? Some butthurt Jews?

There are scholarly editions of the Bible out there. There are different sects out there and people of all kinds who interpret the Bible in different ways. Yes, there are people who are interested in doing more than scraping the surface of The Bible. What qualms do you have with that, assraging shithead? How dare they view the Bible in a scholarly light?

Honestly you've been out of the loop for a while, because Bible inconsistencies are well established and widely known in some circles. You can easily find them. The Bible is the most read book ever written, or it's in the top 5 somewhere, but there are way too many people for the inconsistencies not to be taken note of and published somewhere.

And for your information, there are plenty of religious scholars out there. I.. figured you would know that but I guess you don't. I wouldn't call them people blinded by their biases, would you?

>>69823306
>its bullshit because they refer to Jesus by his most commonly-known name

What kind of mongrel fucktard are you?
>>
>>69825318
Thats a meme argument has no basis in logical

>hurr durr lookit all these cultures with the same story

>therefore, it never happened hurrr

On the contrary, if many ancient cultures *didnt* have a universal mabul-story, then that would be a huge question
>>
>>69825618
man you are so late...best just sit back and stfu
>>
>>69825658
Its not a meme you ignorant cuck...its fact...Just look it up and watch your pitiful little world view get shattered..Then come join the rest of the adults in actually making a better society.
>>
File: 1405993691154s.jpg (6 KB, 250x205) Image search: [Google]
1405993691154s.jpg
6 KB, 250x205
>>69817357
That irony of calling someone a baboon when you don't even believe in evolution.
>>
>>69806161
didn't read the thread. just answer op

im orthodox christian
i believe in every word in bible. miracles, creation of the world and all of that

comprehending is same as when you believe in anything. you jsut choose what to believe into

I believe that if you do all that Jesus our God said you go to heaven. that is my religion
>>
>>69825858
Youre emotional and didnt even address my argument because its foolproof. :^)
>>
Perhaps even more compelling is the story of Christ himself. As it turns out it’s not even remotely original. It is instead nothing more than a collection of bits and pieces from dozens of other stories that came long before. Here are some examples.

Asklepios healed the sick, raised the dead, and was known as the savior and redeemer.
Hercules was born of a divine father and mortal mother and was known as the savior of the world.
Dionysus was literally the “Son of God”, was born of a woman who had not had sex with a man, and was depicted riding a donkey. He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles, and was killed and resurrected, after which time he became immortal.
Osiris did the same things. He was born of a virgin, was considered the first true king of the people, and when he died he rose from the grave and went to heaven.
Osiris’s son, Horus, was known as the “light of the world”, “The good shepherd”, and “the lamb”. He was also referred to as, “The way, the truth, and the life.” His symbol was a cross-like symbol.
Mithra‘s birthday was celebrated on the 25th of December, his birth was witnessed by local shepherds who brought him gifts, had 12 disciples, and when he was done on earth he had a final meal before going up to heaven. On judgment day he’ll return to pass judgment on the living and the dead. The good will go to heaven, and the evil will die in a giant fire. His holiday is on Sunday (he’s the Sun God). His followers called themselves “brothers”, and their leaders “fathers”. They had baptism and a meal ritual where symbolic flesh and blood were eaten. Heaven was in the sky, and hell was below with demons and sinners.
>>
>>69806161
Beck is such a tool
>>
>>69826048
YOUR DEGRADING THE VALUE OF YOUR FLAG!!!
>>
>>69826047
Krishna had a miraculous conception that wise men were able to come to because they were guided by a star. After he was born an area ruler tried to have him found and killed. His parents were warned by a divine messenger, however, and they escaped and was met by shepherds. The boy grew up to be the mediator between God and man.
Buddha‘s mother was told by an angel that she’d give birth to a holy child destined to be a savior. As a child he teaches the priests in his temple about religion while his parents look for him. He starts his religious career at roughly 30 years of age and is said to have spoken to 12 disciples on his deathbed. One of the disciples is his favorite, and another is a traitor. He and his disciples abstain from wealth and travel around speaking in parables and metaphors. He called himself “the son of man” and was referred to as, “prophet”, “master”, and “Lord”. He healed the sick, cured the blind and deaf, and he walked on water. One of his disciples tried to walk on water as well but sunk because his faith wasn’t strong enough.
Apollonius of Tyana (a contemporary of Jesus) performed countless miracles (healing sick and crippled, restored sight, casted out demons, etc.) His birth was of a virgin, foretold by an angel. He knew scripture really well as a child. He was crucified, rose from the dead and appeared to his disciples to prove his power before going to heaven to sit at the right hand of the father. He was known as, “The Son of God”.
The problem, of course, is that these previous narratives existed hundreds to thousands of years before Jesus did.
>>
>>69825986
here ya go dummy.
>>69826047
>>69826111
>>
>>69825318
>The Flood
The flood doesn't take place in the gospels. It is in the old testament. And guess what it was supposed to be a worldwide flood, so yes, it makes sense that other cultures have it.

As for your other points;
>search for eternal life
Eternal life in a spiritual sense, not the material one sought for by Gilgamesh.
>punishments for doing bad
Oh well, shoot. You got me there. Never has there been a culture or story in which bad deeds are punished besides this one and the Gospels, or something. Really? By your definition The Epic of Gilgamesh must be the foundation of literally every working civilisation on the Earth.
>>
>>69826205
Read
>>69826047
>>69826205
>>
>>69826205
sorry..this one too>>69826111
>>
>>69806161
>rejecting miracles from the onset

Have you never played a video game? Have you never seen a cheat code or rom hack? Same thing with miracles.

What could possibly be possessing these idiots into thinking the universe is somehow immutable.
>>
>>69813783
>The universe exists.
Yes.

>The universe has not always existed.
What is your evidence?

>Something cannot come from nothing without an outside cause.
What is your evidence?

>Something caused the universe.
What is your evidence?

>Only something greater than the universe could have caused the universe.
What is your evidence?

>Only something infinite and all-powerful could have caused the universe.
What is your evidence?

>God exists.
What is your evidence?

>God is almighty and thus can intervene in the universe.
What is your evidence?

>We have evidence of miracles occurring.
Where?

You lost back at step 2.
>>
>>69806161
Well if God does exist and is all-powerful, then you'd think he'd be able to do some miracles.

For such a being, those "miracles" wouldn't even be miracles. For him, it would just be like moving some stuff around on a shelf or something.

But to normal humans, it's outside our realm of what's to be expected.

Anyways, if there's an all-powerful God, "miracles" wouldn't be such a surprise. Actually, it would be more surprising if there was a God and miracles didn't exist.
>>
>>69806161
>literally cannot even
>>
>>69826299
This is really sad. When you grow older you will realise how stupid you have been. Until that time I wish you the best of luck. And stay off the green, my firend. That stuff does nothing for the logic centres of the brain.
>>
>>69826205

leave him be man jewish shill using stuff from zeitgeist and his first google searsh
>>
>>69826807
See...I know the Bible is bullshit..a complete fallacy something used to control weak gullible minds..maybe one day YOU will grow up and see that..and I would wager kid I am a far site older than you are....Carter was my first President.
>>
>>69826916
Ok then sparky..Here is your chance to defend your ideals..Your religion....Prove it.
>>
>>69826103
Okay, I'll become Cyberpunk Gook with a Singapore flag
>>
don't bother trying to get through to them. if they're going to believe in magic and fairies and the bible, they're just going to.
>>
>>69826175
Im an orthodox Jew, you ding-dong
>>
>>69818831
what?
>>
File: Screenshot_6.png (207 KB, 541x529) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.png
207 KB, 541x529
>>69827037

haha already said i was done with you lemme shitpost some pictures
>>
>>69827114
And I care because?........ALL religions are moronic, yours is no exception.
>>
>>69808594
How does it feel to follow a blind path of faith
>>
ex-christian fag here. I remember most of my 17 years in the church involved people that actually "heard the voice of God" calling them to do things. Many other times they would cry at the alter or pray for miracles. When someone survived cancer or a terrible medical illness, God was praised and never were the medical professionals who probably worked tirelessly to save another life. Looking back now I honestly feel like I was brainwashed.
>>
>>69827249
Yeah you wont prove it, because you cant because you have no evidence..you have NOTHING to even come close to something even remotely resembling evidence..You wont prove it because you can't and deep down you KNOW its a lie.
>>
File: 1456281938324.jpg (30 KB, 408x471) Image search: [Google]
1456281938324.jpg
30 KB, 408x471
>>69806161
>>
>>69827249
Example of how atheists extrapulate conclusions based on insuffiecient data.

You are sheep.
>>
>implying you never believed in Santa
>>
File: noice.jpg (54 KB, 406x489) Image search: [Google]
noice.jpg
54 KB, 406x489
>>69813626
>>
>>69827353
Same boat Brother..I was a hardcore devout religious fanatic like these idiots in this thread...until I actually started asking questions, so much so that they all the elders and other parishioners just told me to read the bible..and I did..that cured me of Christianity pretty quick.
>>
>>69815335
>Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind.
-Tacitus, one of Rome's most important historians
>>
File: 1459538187533.gif (494 KB, 387x305) Image search: [Google]
1459538187533.gif
494 KB, 387x305
>>69806161
Very few people actually believe any of, whether they realize it or not, and I can prove this simply.

Why do people cry at funerals? Why do they mourn when a loved one dies, if they believe that person is now in paradise?

Do they weep and wail when their loved ones go on vacation for a week? No. So why do they mourn for the infinitely small amount of time they have to wait to be reunited in heaven?

This makes no fucking sense to me, and I've yet to hear anyone offer a good explanation. If my mom died and I genuinely believed she was chilling in paradise with the creator of the fucking universe I would be happy for her.

Can anyone explain why the pious mourn their dead as if they will never see them again?
>>
i believe in the creed, try to follow jesus, and do my best to love my neighbor, fuck up very badly all the time, ask God for forgiveness, that's basically it

this isn't complicated
>>
>>69827374

dude jesus was a muslim jesus never existed not even in history i am done with all the lies and now just follow one book

and deep down you know that god exist otherwise you would not spend this much time on your religion.
>>
>>69827747
We dont cry for them, we cry for ourselves for losing them. G-d doesnt want to be unfeeling robots.
>>
I always think of it like a magic show or ghost stories or something.
>>
>>69827747
When someone dies, their energy that once mingled with yours is gone. Thus, you feel a sense of remorse and loss. Of course you will be sad when a loved one dies, unless you are some kind of monster.
>>
>>69827353
So if liked comic books would you stop collecting them just because you found out that everyone else that does is a total asshole and/or nerd? Because that's basically what your post boils down to.
>>
>>69827747
>Do they weep and wail when their loved ones go on vacation for a week?
A fuckload of people do this. That was the best argument you could come up with? Why do people cry when they miss someone? Fucking hell.
>>
>>69827873
How are you losing them if you will see them again and spend eternity with them? It should literally be the same thing as them going on vacation or moving out of state.
>>
>>69828001
We cry for the time being because it is natural
>>
File: 1436756242262.jpg (373 KB, 495x593) Image search: [Google]
1436756242262.jpg
373 KB, 495x593
Ever get the sense that life is pretty incomplete?

That for the majority of our existence, we're either suffering or grasping for something more perfect than our existence?

People think that there's something great out there, but that it's far away from them. Either in Plato, where you have the Forms, or in Abrahamic faiths, where you have a heaven to aspire to after performing your earthly duties.

You've just filled with void of explanation and yearning by satisfying yourself with luxury or by trusting whatever black science man tells you is true.
>>
>>69827747
This isn't quite right, speaking as someone who's been a believer for his whole life. In that regard, why should we ever be sad at all? Adam and Eve were never sad, until they are from the forbidden fruit. The reasons we experience emotions other from bliss is that sin has entered the life of every person on earth. It also states in the bible that our God is saddened when we stray from his path, showing that it's a perfectly natural thing to do
>>
>not believing a God can do things beyond the current boundaries of "science"

Its like you guys are too dumb to know what a God is
>>
>>69827747
They cry for their loss, they will not have that person in their life, on earth any more.
>>
>>69828131
BTW I would be happy to answer any real questions about the Christian faith if you guys have any more
>>
I kind of understand what people mean when they say they take the Bible metaphorically. I ended up the same way but with the Illiad, Odyssey, and Theogeny, which are all much better than the Bible.
>>
>>69828167
They just dont want to believe because they dont want to feel guilty about having sex with their moms
>>
File: 1455956475392.jpg (77 KB, 562x493) Image search: [Google]
1455956475392.jpg
77 KB, 562x493
>>69813783
>>
>>69828191
That doesn't quite answer his question, that's circular reasoning.

>>69828131
>>
File: 1458962799340.jpg (27 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1458962799340.jpg
27 KB, 512x512
>>69827997
People fall into despair, rip their hair out and become deeply depressed when a loved one goes to Disney World? No, because they know their loved one is actually enjoying themselves at Disney World.

When someone dies, we know that we're never going to see them again, despite what some silly books tell us. That's why people cry at funerals, because despite all the delusions, we know we're never going to see them again.
>>
>>69808594
kek and thread/

well played
>>
>>69828223

How do you see the unbreakable covenant with the jews wich god broke?
>>
>>69828390
Do you know what it feels like to have divorced parents? I cried every time my mom would take me from my dad's or when my dad would take me from my mom's. People cry for a lot of reasons.
>>
>>69822318
The trinity is formed from one God who's name is Yaweh
>>
>>69806161
So was Glenn Beck always a crazy mormon preacher?

I remember seeing him come onto the scene back in like 2008 or so, getting a show on fox news or something like that. And I saw him once or twice and just thought he seemed like a discount bill oreily saying basic bitch neocon stuff.

Haven't paid any attention to him at all until now. And now that he's back in my line of sight (due to the trump media frenzy) he's acting like an insane nutjob with fanatical ideas. Was he always like this?
>>
>>69828223
You didn't even answer the first you pseudo-intellectual fatass.

>muh poison apple
>muh original sin

You will never be taken serious.
>>
>>69827684
Tacitus...born 56 AD...Yeah no. Im looking for scrolls, artwork writings paintings anything from THAT time and THAT era that supports the bible..there are TONS of other historical things that are far older than provide just that...The Bible does not..It is a lie.
>>
>>69827747
faith is just trust and hope, dude. it's not like knowledge. so when someone we love dies, we feel a sense of loss just like you would. the idea of being in communion with them when we die is something we hope for, not something we know.

further, believers do mourn differently. celebrations of life are for people who want to subtract the corpse from our company. a funeral is a sacramental act that unites the living and the dead as a single community. celebrations of life are for poorly christianized pagans and the irreligious
>>
>“...in my opinion miracles will never confound a realist. It is not miracles that bring a realist to faith. A true realist, if he is not a believer, will always find in himself the strength and ability not to believe in miracles as well, and if a miracle stands before him as an irrefutable fact, he will sooner doubt his own senses than admit the fact. And even if he does admit it, he will admit it as a fact of nature that was previously unknown to him.

>In the realist, faith is not born from miracles, but miracles from faith. Once the realist comes to believe, then, precisely because of his realism, he must also allow for miracles.

>The Apostle Thomas declared that he would not believe until he saw, and when he saw, he said: "My Lord and My God!" Was it the miracle that made him believe? Most likely not, but he believed first and foremost because he wished to believe, and maybe already fully believed in his secret heart even as he was saying: "I will not believe until I see.” "

-Dostoevsky, "The Brothers Karamazov"
>>
>>69808749
if she believes in pagan shit, shes not christian

demons exist and the ancient egyptians learned to bind their spirits to objects and create gods. magicians today like david blain and dynamo make pacts with demons to gain superficial magical powers assisted by the demons in exchange for their soul.
>>
>>69824387
I remeber when I was 15 and really into that allan watts or whatever and things like pic related sounded profound af to me

then I realized how defeatist the whole thing was and moved on.
>>
>>69827821
I never said anything about God frindo..maybe get your head out of your ass before you respond to me next time.
>>
>>69828593
i did the same thing. one time i told my mom i missed my dad and she responded with how do you think that makes me feel.

baby boomers are retadred
>>
>>69824905
Heaven is meant to be a reward, there would be chaos and an extreme lack of morals of this became the case.
>>
>>69828390
>People fall into despair, rip their hair out and become deeply depressed when a loved one goes to Disney World?
Yes. All the fucking time. People do that for a lot, lot less too. Your argument is embarrassingly bad.
>>
>>69828223
Can you prove it is real?
>>
File: Laughing mongrels.jpg (70 KB, 696x442) Image search: [Google]
Laughing mongrels.jpg
70 KB, 696x442
>>69828658
>Tacitus isn't good enough for me
>>
>>69824152
that's an indonesian, we have quite a bit of them
>>
>>69828389
Yes it does, you don't like it. Why cry at all they can't hear it?
>>
>>69828739
Sad for you then.
>>
>>69828774
Are you religious?
>>
>>69828658
Start with a documentary called "Patterns of evidence" by a christian goy

Also please pick up the book "Permission to receive" by Rabbi Lawrence Keleman, awho holds a harbard degree in comparative religion. He brings many archaeological and other proofs in this wonderful sefer and has changed countless people's lives.
>>
>>69828709
if you know how to look you see miracles all the time.

sadly the same people that don't believe in miracles rarely get to experience or create them. a miracle is simply an act of thoughtfulness towards someone else.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.