[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Suicides Remain High for 7th Straight Year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: marines.jpg (189 KB, 923x615) Image search: [Google]
marines.jpg
189 KB, 923x615
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/04/01/us-military-suicides-remain-stubbornly-high/82518278/
>The Pentagon reported Friday that 265 active-duty service members killed themselves last year, continuing a trend of unusually high suicide rates that have plagued the U.S. military for at least seven years.

>The numbers of suicides among troops was 145 in 2001 and began a steady increase until more than doubling to 321 in 2012, the worst year in recent history for service members killing themselves.

>The suicide rate for the Army that year was nearly 30 suicides per 100,000 soldiers, well above the national rate of 12.5 per 100,000 for 2012.

>Military suicides dropped 20% the year after that, and then held roughly steady at numbers significantly higher than during the early 2000s. The 265 suicides last year compares with 273 in 2014 and 254 in 2013. By contrast, from 2001 through 2007, suicides never exceeded 197.

>The increase in suicide in the military was driven largely by the Army, where suicides rose sharply from 45 in 2001 to 165 in 2012. The Army reported 120 suicides last year, the same as in 2013 and down from 124 in 2014.

>Data released Friday also show that suicides among reserve troops — reservists in the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps and the National Guard — were 210 last year. That is an increase from 170 suicides in 2014 but down from 220 suicides in 2013.

>U.S. troops have been at war since 2001 in Afghanistan, and fought in the Iraq war from 2003 to 2011.

"SUPPORT DA TROOBS~!"
>>
>>69804414
>>
>>69804414
>Dis is da price of freedumb :^)) number 1!!!
Where are the bootlicking faggots? I wonder how they'll spin this one
>>
ZOGBOTS BTFO.
>>
>>69804414
This perpetual warfare is simply unnatural to man. The U.S. is loading itself with a huge trauma by continuing this policy and the government is getting their war material nowadays by recruiting those at the bottom of the social ladder in a system they control.
War itself is terrible but this is a pointless war and those who have been in it long enough don't long for more of it.

This useless wars have been the final nail in the coffin of most of the world's empires so far. Not only are you wasting money and material but it's spoiling a whole generation of young men.
>>
are there numbers for suicide rate among soldiers who have never seen combat?
>>
How many on the verge of suicide? how many with pstd? How many needed therapy to be normal? It looks great!
>>
This is kinda strange, almost hipocrisy, how the USA honors and worships their soldiers and at the same time does almost nothing for veterans.
>>
>>69807860
Welcome to leftism
>>
File: 1459349326390.jpg (140 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1459349326390.jpg
140 KB, 600x900
>>69807948
>blames one nigger for a few jarheads blowing their brains out.

If I was a Marine I'd probably fucking kill myself too.
>>
>>69807860
They do take care of those that prove themselves worthy for the state. There will then be a nice spot waiting for you at the police or another agency that let's you continue to dominate other people or "serve their nation" as they like to call it.
>>
>>69804414
Change RoE and it was drastically decline
>>
>>69807948

You put too much stock in the legitimacy of a right ring government. Sure they'll treat them less shitty than the left does, but still with far less respect than the media first told us we should have when we slipped into these last couple of shitshows.
>>
File: 1455561388594.jpg (57 KB, 600x503) Image search: [Google]
1455561388594.jpg
57 KB, 600x503
Half of the problem is most of these guys don't know who they are or how to define themselves once they get out of the service. When they wore their uniform, they could say "hurr imma captain", but now that they did their 20 and got out, they're just "John the civvie".

>source: military family
>>
>>69809461
It's because they spent so long with an identity
It's not healthy
>>
>>69809610
Yeah we have a family friend living with us right now who's in that exact situation and it's sad because he's a fully grown man but he "cant be by himself" because of his PTSD (or something).

He just sits around drinking all day since that's all he knows how to do besides killing people.
>>
>join military right after high school
>no college education
>goes to the middle east to kill sand niggers for years
>most of your friends that you made during the military are dead
>come back
>everyone calls you a baby killer
>no college education
>find out gf has been fucking a nigger with a bigger dick than you
>only job opportunity is fast food restaurant
>see all of your piers that didn't join the military have successful well paying jobs with great families.
shit, dude. i would kill my self too
>>
The military, generally, attracts people who may not be fully stable. I joined at 26 to help pay for law school. I had an intent and reason to be there. However, many young soldiers only want to be told what to do and never take on any responsibilities, leading to a very unfulfilled lifestyle.

Also, I'm sure these are mainly soldiers associated with infantry units and not other support units such as intel.
>>
>>69804414
Just had a junior NCO take his life two days ago OP. Sad sad time.
>>
>>69810237
>well paying jobs with great families.
Back in 1980
>>
File: 1243455.jpg (201 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1243455.jpg
201 KB, 600x600
I would kill myself too if I was fighting an unrighteous war.
>>
>>69811279
>However, many young soldiers only want to be told what to do and never take on any responsibilities, leading to a very unfulfilled lifestyle.

That is true. But the problem is that most of those people were brought upy in public schools which means the state has therefore a possibility to groom his new soldiers directly from a a young age.
Tom Woods had a good podcast about the failure of the state's schools.

Ep. 623 The End of School: Reclaiming Education from the Classroom
http://tomwoods.com/blog/ep-623-the-end-of-school-reclaiming-education-from-the-classroom
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.