[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
U.S. has lost 5 million manufacturing jobs since 2000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Boeing-Manufacturing-Plant.jpg (103 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Boeing-Manufacturing-Plant.jpg
103 KB, 640x360
Donald Trump claims trade with Mexico and China is killing America's middle class. Corporate America says that's false.

>Trade likely sped up the shift, but many experts say it was inevitable. It's unlikely many manufacturing jobs will ever return, even if Trump's walls get built.

>"Trump's talk on trade is bluster," says economist Charles Ballard of Michigan State University. "Even if you did [what Trump says], you wouldn't reverse the technology, which is a very big part of the picture."

>Trump's threat to put hefty taxes on Chinese and Mexican goods coming into the country would likely to sink the economy into a recession. It would make many items at the store more expensive for working class Americans and spark a global trade war.

>The U.S. tried this tactic in the 1930s with a law known as Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act. It backfired, pulling the U.S. further into the Great Depression.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/29/news/economy/us-manufacturing-jobs/index.html?sr=fbmoney040216us-manufacturing-jobs0409PMVODtopLink&linkId=22939299

What does this mean?
>>
>>69802702
>Put millions out of their jobs
>Do nothing to move them into another job or occupation
>Talk down to them for not having the foresight to see the absolute worst in their employers.
>Garsh, why do those idiot red necks want their jobs back?
>Nah, lets just concern ourselves with our own money and livelihood.
If a threat of recession is necessary to get Americans employed again I'd make every banker and every leech on Wallstreet shit their pants for a month straight.
>>
>>69803367
>Do nothing to move them into another job or occupation
What..... Whose responsibility is it if not their own?
>>
>>69803812
>Implying someone at the bottom of the totem pole is going to have the intimate knowledge of where a company's going in the next 5 years.

Yeah, nah, people are usually blind sided by it.
>>
>>69803812
please ignore this man he is not norwegian guys we're not really that stupid, i promise
>>
It means you should never take an economist seriously again
>>
Once the manufacturing jobs go it's really over for the US. The entire country will basically become like Detroit.
>>
>>69804081
>>69804188
Companies report quartely financial reports. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>69804188
It's too late, you look like fucking idiots now
>>
>>69802702
Of course the elite don't want manufacturing to return to America. They are happy with making MORE profit by outsourcing shit to Asia and Mexico.

Your question is like asking a kid whether he wants to have a cake or no cake. No kid will say "I prefer to have no cake at all."
>>
>>69804081
>>69804188
He is right you know.
>>
>>69804188
So you're THIS stupid?
>>
>>69805257
He is probably NEET and feel like society owe him something.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.