[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if democracy was changed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: smartphone-voting1.jpg (66 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
smartphone-voting1.jpg
66 KB, 425x282
Everyone has a mobile phone. What if we voted via mobile phones and made voting compulsory? Say 50 bucks fine if you don't vote.

We could then let popular initiatives or the parties put 2-3 questions to the people each quarter or half year and the people could decide.

This is technically easily possible. It would mean that people would finally be forced to actually care about politics and their country. Why is it not done?
>>
Because the current system is best system for the political establishment.
>>
>>69802400
Because women are the majority of voters.
>>
>>69803033
second post best post
>>
>>69802400
Because your vote doesn't matter anyway, so the less attention drawn to it the better.
>>
Because someone would put the option:

Print money and distribute to people.

And would get 90% votes
>>
>>69803659
>Print money and distribute to people.
>And would get 90% votes
So be it. Why would that be a bad thing?

Also, Switzerland has managed to vote against tax cuts for hundreds of years. No joke.
>>
Niggers would mug people for phones to vote in the free-shit candidate.
>>
The eternal Anglo explains why online voting is bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3_0x6oaDmI
>>
>>69802400
-Digital voting would be horrible
-Compulsory voting is ineffective
-That's called a referendum
>>
>>69804309
Is it you, Democratic party?
>>
>>69804086
If you can pay money online and file your taxes, you sure as hell can also vote online.
>>
>>69803830
The Swiss are homogeneous and, thanks to Teutonic blood and mandatory military service, relatively disciplined.
>>
File: unsettling pepe.jpg (24 KB, 415x368) Image search: [Google]
unsettling pepe.jpg
24 KB, 415x368
>>69805509
why not watch the video
>>
>>69802400

You're pretty retarded mate.
>>
>>69803033
>>69802400

Bulgaria's correct, Hans.
>>
>>69805978
>why not watch the video
I did and I repeat, if you can pay money online and file your taxes (with very very rare cases of hackers getting access), then you can also vote online. It would be safer, securer and safer than ballot paper voting because you could see your voter track record and thus check for manipulation.
>>
Because people don't actually know what they want and you'll have a case of the majority of a vote coming in from people who have literally no idea what they voted on, and just pressing buttons so they don't receive a fine.

The idea behind a compulsory digital vote is really neat, but once you get into what the reality would curtail you'd soon realize that the society at large would burn to the ground as a result.
>>
I find it funny that 4chan is full of unironic fascists, yet they see nothing wrong with the ultimate degenerate form of democracy, which is internet anonymity.
>>
>>69802400
Tragedy of the commons my kraut friend
Democracy is a degenerate meme system and direct democracy is the absolute worst
>>
People can't govern themselves. It's necessary to have a ruler.
>>
>>69806530
The first rule of the Internet is to never put personal information online. Over the past decade and a half that rule has been thrown out by the liberal establishment. 4chan is one of the few places left that holds true to the old law.

Not everyone here is fascists, a lot of us are just reactionary.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.