[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't a soda tax basically the most regressive, poverty-punishing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
Isn't a soda tax basically the most regressive, poverty-punishing tax imaginable?
>>
>>69792881
why would taxing a luxury affect poverty?
>>
If you want to do something about soda, maybe cut corn subsidies
>>
>>69792881
No. Tax it to death, and ban corn syrup too.

They're also using WAAAAAY to much fresh water.
>>
File: Leftypol_Promo.jpg (2 MB, 1125x2587) Image search: [Google]
Leftypol_Promo.jpg
2 MB, 1125x2587
so is a tobacco tax, alcohol tax, fines for crimes poor people do, but in the end stupid poor people are already punishing themselves anyway, we might as well cut into the profits of the companies getting rich off of them like coca cola
>>
>>69792881
No, that one goes to the lottery. 50% or so of lottery revenue goes to the government (through taxes and profits). And it principally poor idiots who play lottery regularly.

A lot of poor people drink water instead of soda.
>>
>>69792881
The poor have a Fucking faucet don't they?
Even if they are in flint (they're not) get bottled water.
Water is Fucking delicious
>>
>>69792881
If you are poor, you have bigger problems that your soda being taxed.
Anyway, I'm in favor of anything that makes fat fucks mad.
>>
>>69792881
>poor people can't drink water
>>
>>69793072
>soda
>a luxury

Fucking leafs I swear
>>
I grew up drinking the shit and never even thought about it until I got older, my metabolism changed and I had to think about nutrition for the first time. Parents suck: it's a tax on bad parenting.

>>69793152
And the lottery.
>>
>>69792881
>Isn't a soda tax basically the most regressive, fatass-punishing tax imaginable?
Yes.
>>
>>69793434
*progressive
>>
>poverty-punishing

Nobody's forcing you to buy carbonated canned HFCS water.
>>
>>69793330
it's sugar water with bubbles, just drink water
>>
>2016
>drinking the carbonated jew
>drinking the diet carbonated jew
>drinking the juice jew
>drinking the alcoholic jew
>not drinking the water ubermensch
>>
Maybe. I'm a big fan of laissez-faire, and I get a bit hissy whenever the government decides to ban or increase taxes on a product.

However, I've got quite a few people I really care about who just don't look out for their health. Many drink soda with 2/3 meals of the day. My mother and girlfriend are the ones that come to mind; I try to help them but it's futile.

And it's not like quitting soda is impossible. I've been slowly doing it for about three weeks now. I limit myself to one glass of soda a day, if at all.
>>
>>69793701
This
I drink 2-3l a day and nothing else

Well the caffeinated jew

Captcha select juice
>>
>>69793128
There is literally nothing wrong with corn syrup.
>>
>>69793330

Oh I forgot , Americans die if they can't get their daily 64 oz cup Pepsi
>>
>>69793959
Can an island's inhabitants get so fat that it sinks?
>>
>>69792881
>poverty
>drinking soda
drink water, fruit juice and milk, soda is not a necessity.
>>
>>69793701
>falling for the liquid jew
>>
File: cant bolshevik the breivik.jpg (21 KB, 532x573) Image search: [Google]
cant bolshevik the breivik.jpg
21 KB, 532x573
>>69793152
if that picture isn't a strawhat fallacy I don't know what is. Get outta here lefty-/pol/.
>>
>>69794016
Don't know. We have a gym culture, like in Australia. It's just that some (specifically entitled teens and older folk) are pretty lazy, hence why I support this tax.
>>
File: images.png (8 KB, 289x174) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8 KB, 289x174
>>69792881
They keep targeting taxes to try and solve problems in society.
>People smoke we don't like it Tax cigarettes
>People are fat we don't like it Tax soda & fast food
>People still go to church we don't like it remove tax exemption for religion
These things are being done for a reason like much of what has been happening the upper crust are attempting to shape the nation into something they want that makes them profit. Kill and Eat the Rich.
>>
>>69792881

What do people need to live? Choose one:

>Water
>Soda

>>69793701
this
there is no reason to drink anything with calories on a regular basis
>>
>>69792881
>poverty-punishing
It is actually helping poor people. Diabetes and complications due to obesity are far more expensive than soda.
>>
>>69793377
Lottery is literally the idiot tax.
>>
>>69794202
>people still go to church we don't like it

You're being disingenuous if you say that's the reason they want to remove tax exemptions. It has to do with their involvement in politics (the religious figure that back Trump come to mind). Don't get me wrong, I don't fully agree with this, but stop strawmanning.
>>
>>
>>69792881
>subsidize corn
>make corn syrup cheap
>cheap corn syrup makes soda cheap
>cheaper soda consumed more frequently
>tax soda to make it expensive
>and use the tax money to make corn cheaper!

problem solved.
>>
>>69792881
yeah i see it as plain abuse

mexican people have soda and chips as one of the few remaining pleasures in life, and the gov decided to tax it for muh health (sure they care a lot about it)
>>
>>69793152
Taxing soda doesn't cut into any companies' profits whatsoever.
Since most poor people buy soda with EBT, taxing soda more is only the government costing itself more money.
>>
Red meat is unhealthy, so we're going to put a punitive tax on that too. And videogames mean people don't get exercise, we can toss films and TVs into that as well. People drown in pools, so those need to be discouraged, put a flat tax on that. Maybe right wing media too, that leads to a lot of violence.
>>
>>69793701
>not drinking the lactose Aryan master race

Reminder that if you can't drink milk, you're not white.
>>
>>69794468

Corn is already subsidized to hell, leafy

America is obese because we're corn-fed like the animals we fatten up
>>
File: thirty-pieces-of-silver.jpg (327 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
thirty-pieces-of-silver.jpg
327 KB, 1000x700
>>69794421
Every thing in this world is just one monster trying to scam another monster regardless of the damage they cause. I have 0 faith left in humanity. If you look at anything hard you will find a scam in it meant to bleed people out of their hard earned time and money so someone else has to work less and gains more. Literally I am disgusted daily at the sheer evil of the people of the world.The fact that people don't riot daily is simple proof of the banality of evil. It has become so common no one even notices anymore.
>>
>>69794702
so then we should tax soda and other products of corn to compensate.
>>
Yes. Poor people drink the most soda and it affects them the most, so targeting them with a tax will be most effective (if the tax works).
>>
File: fatamerica.jpg (22 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
fatamerica.jpg
22 KB, 500x299
>>69792881
I think drastic problems need a drastic solution. Soda tax needs to aim at resolving the problem. Perhaps banning all soft drinks with added sugar.
>>
>>69792881
No. Drink water.
>>
>>69794675
What it all boils down to, is leftists are totalitarian control freaks who use coercion or outright force to make everyone else do what they want them to.
>>
>>69793152
>black text on blinding red background

whoever created this needs to be hanged
>>
>>69794841
drink water then
>>
>>69794202

Cigarettes, soda and fast food taxes are consumption taxes. It makes the manufacturers less profit, not more. You have to stretch pretty far to find the sinister profit motive when people begin drinking more tap water, not smoking and not eating fast food.
>>
>>69794784
Occam says that the subsidies should be cut and instead.
>>
>>69794458
Damn when I was working part time on minimum wage I was able to save and have extra money for other shit.

Of course where I live the minimum wage is like ridiculous, also the government will give you extra if your income is low enough, including free prescription drug coverage.

In fact if I had worked just a longer, I would no longer get the drug coverage because my income would be too high, but then I would effectively have less money because the cost of drugs. There was literally no incentive to work harder.
>>
>>69794917
That's the point of the tax.
>>
File: franky.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
franky.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>69794841
My understanding is "poor people" spend most of their money on alcohol (beer, wine, whisky), and cigarettes..... They don't have a big savings account, because their $10/hr job doesn't allow it when their 1 br apt is $500 a month.
"Poor people" are gonna buy the most food for their $$$... and that means boxed, bottled, pre-cooked, and sugar stuff.
>can't blame them
>>
>>69794784
more taxes on more things is fucking stupid, you're just asking for market regression
>>
>>69794851
No, make it cheaper and remove health care.*

Let the problem solve itself.
>>
File: 1454859712030.jpg (24 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1454859712030.jpg
24 KB, 387x461
>>69794458
>>
>>69792881
It is, like every other "sin tax" (on tobacco, fuel, etc.). But liberals tend to just not think too long about it.
>>
>>69794702
Corn products are the most versatile consumable substance on earth

When you walk into a grocery store I can guarantee you almost 4/5ths of what you see uses a corn based byproduct in some way
>>
>>69794458

My parents were smart enough to make sure they were in a good financial situation before having kids, so I've never been poor. How true is this?
>>
>>69795045
>the most food for their $$$

Wouldn't that be like raw potatoes, onions, beans, flour, sugar, etc?
>>
>>69794981
The manufacturers make the same profit. The tax is in addition to their profit. The only people who suffer and the consumers who pay more.
>>
>>69794917
Soda is degenerate
>>
We need less taxes, not more taxes.
If fatties want to be fat they can drink all the cola they want.
>>
subsidize overseas sales, tax domestic sales, because fuck you.
>>
>>69795192

learning to cook is misogynist
>>
File: no_fat_chicks_green_tshirt.jpg (109 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
no_fat_chicks_green_tshirt.jpg
109 KB, 1000x1000
>>69795065
Agreed,,,, we have enough taxes on "normal people" as it is.... Lord knows I might not live long enough to collect my SS... and even then the corrupt Congress will push the age to 75.
The USA needs to reduce spending so the end to collecting taxes from folks who won't fly a useless B2 bomber (hearts, minds) stops.
>unions, teachers, liberals
>>
>>69795179
Feel blessed if you are born poor you have a 5% chance to ever get out and it has nothing to do with not working hard. I do more in one day than most of /pol does in a month and make 1/4 the money. However if you are born to wealth you only have a 5% chance of ever seeing my side of the fence. Shit I probably wired and built some of the homes people here live in. Its not like management ever does anything at work other than yell and make poor decisions but they get paid.
>>
>>69795203
The manufactures don't make the same profit, because large chunks of their consumers stop buying

>But cigarettes have low elasticity, my economics professor told me so

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-28/adolescent-smoking-rates-at-record-low/7119532
>>
>>69795065
this, just fucking add incentive not being a fat shit. many insurers already have bonuses for getting health exams and rebates for buying vegetables and shit, just subsidize some of that if we really want to play nanny state
>>
File: kermy.jpg (40 KB, 540x423) Image search: [Google]
kermy.jpg
40 KB, 540x423
>>69795281
I love me some Ace-K sweetened soda.
Back in the day, I loved NEHI soda.
>is NEHI still around ????
>>
File: 1458826200962.jpg (59 KB, 357x357) Image search: [Google]
1458826200962.jpg
59 KB, 357x357
>>69793330
>come to thread
>See a burger that has genuinely convinced themselves that syrup cancer water is a necessity

Well this is off to a great start
>>
File: 1455738830302.png (249 KB, 593x419) Image search: [Google]
1455738830302.png
249 KB, 593x419
>>69792881
I'd much rather have high fructose corn syrup be included in the sin tax with alcohol and tobacco. Not only would this make corn harder to sell in general, thus lowering the need for Corn Subsidies. It would also lower insurance premiums.

Face it, the only reason you are against this is because you're a fucking jew who wants to steal everyones money at a hospital.

You're right, it's not fair for me to take money from others based on their choices. So why is it fair if they steal money for me when I go to the hospital?

We've got to draw the line somewhere people. I know I know, god forbid people have to eat more beans and rice.

>pic related
>>
If this is going to happen, then it should be applied equally to all high-calorie drinks. I.e. juice, sweet coffee drinks, etc.
>>
>>69795631

care to guess what the common ingredient is in high calorie drinks?
>>
>>69795086
>remove health care
Might also work but will not be accepted by voters. Even just banning soft drinks might not be accepted because of the sugar and soft drink lobbies.
>>
File: 59019671[1].jpg (111 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
59019671[1].jpg
111 KB, 400x400
>>69795065
>more taxes on more things is fucking stupid, you're just asking for market regression
>>
File: 1459446344365.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
1459446344365.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>69795486
>Hates idea of Nanny state
>Describes nanny state

What the fuck is this thread
>>
File: Minsc.jpg (17 KB, 304x480) Image search: [Google]
Minsc.jpg
17 KB, 304x480
>>69795421
Nigga, I grew up poor and white in Alachua County -- outside of Gainsville, FLA. Small town called Hawthorne.
Lord knows 75% of the whites and blacks I went to school with are in prison.
My parents raised me to read, do math, be confident, and shrug off the bullies, haters, and the like.
I have *no idea* what the white trailer park or the black housing complex is like today.
All I can say is I survived, I kicked ass, and now I am a genius with a superheroes body.
>troo dat.
>>
>>69794458
I have 1000 in savings and I make 250 a month
"saving money is impossible" = "I've never tried to save money "
>>
File: pfff.png (61 KB, 167x151) Image search: [Google]
pfff.png
61 KB, 167x151
>2016
>Drinking anything but water and milk
>>
>>69792881
NIGGER IS YOU WANT TO DRINK SUGARY WATER BUY SUGAR DIRECTLY AND PUT IT IN YOUR TAP WATER LIK EARE YOU LITERALLY RETARDED
WHAT, SODA BECAME A HUMAN RIGHT WHEN I WASN'T LOOKING HOLY SHIT I am quite a little bothered by your statement if i am to be perfectly honest. The urge to remove you from existence is quite overwhelming, my good chap.
>>
>>69793959
It is literally garbage.
>>
It's small enough that people don't care, but enough to ensure a nice little earner for governments.

Pointless and hypocritical. If they really cared about health and not just money they'd hammer the manufacturers for using so much fucking sugar.
>>
>>69792881
If youre poor, drink water. You shouldnt be drinking pop regularly when youre receiving food subsidies or a billionaire.

I rarely drink pop, if i am, its most likely with whiskey. My kids very rarely drink it.

At the same time I dont particularly like the idea of sales taxes. If I want to consume something the state should keep their jew hands out of the transaction.
>>
Democrats are fucking stupid
>>
File: burger1234567.gif (343 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
burger1234567.gif
343 KB, 300x418
If you pay for your groceries with food stamps you pay an extra 10% tax.

ppl would get way skinnier guys so this is progressive
>>
File: 1457324112059.jpg (84 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1457324112059.jpg
84 KB, 600x579
>>69795748
You can't be poor if you are white, Bernie said so.
>>
>>69795883

>pop

get out
>>
Yall ninjas better not touch my Faygo whoop whoop! MMFWCL y'all.
>>
>>69795795
you forgot about all the other elements in the concoction. caffeine, fizz, and tooth-melting-body-destroying-osteoporosis-causing phosphoric acid.
>>
>>69795923
Hopefully someone murders that faggot
>>
>>69792881
No human should drink that shit.
>>
>>69792881
Of course, only poor people drink soda.
>>
>>69795958
Lol fizz... Its CO2
>>
>>69793959
>The human body handles glucose and fructose — the most abundant sugars in our diet — in different ways. Virtually every cell in the body can break down glucose for energy. About the only ones that can handle fructose are liver cells. What the liver does with fructose, especially when there is too much in the diet, has potentially dangerous consequences for the liver, the arteries, and the heart.

>The entry of fructose into the liver kicks off a series of complex chemical transformations. (You can see a diagram of these at health.harvard.edu/172.) One remarkable change is that the liver uses fructose, a carbohydrate, to create fat. This process is called lipogenesis. Give the liver enough fructose, and tiny fat droplets begin to accumulate in liver cells (see figure). This buildup is called nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, because it looks just like what happens in the livers of people who drink too much alcohol.

>Early on, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is reversible. At some point, though, the liver can become inflamed. This can cause the low-grade damage known as nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (steato meaning fat and hepatitis meaning liver inflammation). If the inflammation becomes severe, it can lead to cirrhosis — an accumulation of scar tissue and the subsequent degeneration of liver function

The breakdown of fructose in the liver does more than lead to the buildup of fat. It also:

elevates triglycerides

increases harmful LDL (so-called bad cholesterol)

promotes the buildup of fat around organs (visceral fat)

increases blood pressure

makes tissues insulin-resistant, a precursor to diabetes

increases the production of free radicals, energetic compounds that can damage DNA and cells.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/abundance-of-fructose-not-good-for-the-liver-heart
>>
>>69795924
fuck off sodie water
>>
>>69792881
>poverty-punishing
maybe the fat fucks could drink water
>>
>>69795883
It's retarded thay you can even buy shit like soda and candy and other junk food with food stamps, the food stamp system way more restrictive then it is.
>>
>>69795733
>if we really want to play nanny state
>IF
lesser of two weevils :^)
otherwise just let insurers discriminate based on weight and all problems will be resolved
>>
>>69792881
We tax cigarettes, so taxing soda isnt far fetched.

Both have addictive substances and kill you.
>>
why do poor people love pop so much?? I'm solidly lower-middle class and I haven't bought a case of pop to bring home in 4 or 5 years. I like to have one occasionally with a meal, I can't imagine sitting at home and guzzling down a can of it by itself.
>>
File: subbbbbs.jpg (82 KB, 672x412) Image search: [Google]
subbbbbs.jpg
82 KB, 672x412
>>69795883
You understand "poor people" want to feel like rich people, right ?
So they will spend their EBT or LoneStar $$$ on food which "puts them on the level" of others who aren't on govt asst.
I see it all the time. Bitch with a FoodStamp card getting frozen chicken patties, Coke (not the store brand), ice cream, etc...
Problem is *not* with their EBT card,,,, it is with the people who "approved" that family of getting the card.
Recall, too, the textile industry, the small assembly industry, the soldering industry are GONE from the USA.
>tell me how to fix it,
>>
>>69793152
I want leftypol to leave.
>>
>drink water

wtf water taste like shit why would I do that to my self?
>>
>>69795923
FUCK OFF
I WAS HOMELESS, THEN LIVING IN A BUG-INFESTED HOSTEL, GOT A JOB, SECURE PLACE TO LIVE, AND INVESTED MY MONEY WISELY
>>
>>69796172
i'm sure that getting lung cancer at 60, to be "put to sleep" in colorado is much better than chronic dental pain from childhood.
>>
>all these people that don't just drink diet soda
No calories
No hfcs
Aspartame isn't actual sugar so it doesn't rot your teeth

Sure you'll get cancer in 30 years but everybody else will too from everything else in the world
>>
>>69796175
Poor people are poor because of their stupidity 95% of the time.

Stupid people have no problem sitting around and drinking liquid cancer all day.
>>
>>69792881
No, drink water you diabetic fucks
>>
Rich white women are addicted as fuck to diet coke.
>>
>>69793701
Thoughts on milk? I drink milk/water pretty exclusively now and wondering if the dairy industry has any big problems
>>
>>69794851
No ban fatties. Direct methods are best. If you are fat you are going to labor camp and sit there on diet until you BMI will become norm.

You have no arguments why we should not ban fatties.
>inb4 muh rights
They are already infringing with such interventions. You will go to jail if you refuse to pay tax on soft drinks. You are already ok with infringing. So go to the logical end and use real working solution instead of band aids.
>>
>>69796175

>pop

GET OUT

>>69796239
water tastes like nothing. if you're going to be a baby about it put in some lemon juice or something
>>
File: DLB.jpg (50 KB, 425x642) Image search: [Google]
DLB.jpg
50 KB, 425x642
>>69796175
I like Diet Hanson's ginger ale or kiwi strawberry.
Sometimes I get Diet Canada Dry.
Otherwise, distilled water.
> $13.75 / hr 20 years on the job. FML
>>
>>69796065
what you're forgetting is that HFCS is about 55% fructose, which is close enough to the 50% present in sucrose that it really isn't different once it hits the enzymes. A case might be made about microbiota but we don't have enough evidence yet
>>
>>69796276
soda causes more than chronic dental pain
>>
>>69796361
Besides pumping estrogen lovingly into every bottle milk is fine

>milk is used by animals to fatten up their underweight newborns
>humans drink this multiple times daily
Think about it
Ps i love milk too
>>
>>69796361
Massive gibmedat subsidies and pumping cows full of antibiotics To keep them healthy despite the shit conditions they're kept in.
>>
>>69795045
Then we also cant blame them for being fat and stupid.
Nobody needs to eat unhealthily, no matter how poor you are.
If you do you are lazy or stupid... or more likely both.
>>
>>69796299
First, asparthame is noticeable and disgusting, like making you want to barf disgusting?
Second, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DRINKING SODA IN THE FIRST PLACE !? WHYYYYYYigrecigrecigrec

Not wanting you to stop by the way, genuine question. I mean, i think you're 100% retarded, but that's just my opinion and not a proven fact.
>>
>>69796352

My wife got addicted to it hardcore, I flipped my shit and said I was gonna tip every drop down the sink. Fucking 2 litres a day, easy.

Took a while but she's off it now. Feels so much better for it too.
>>
File: Leftypol_Promo3.jpg (268 KB, 863x1200) Image search: [Google]
Leftypol_Promo3.jpg
268 KB, 863x1200
>>69793152
>>69794111
>>69796231
>>
>>69796144
I agree.

>>69796186
>tariffs

the problem is both sides. the state should only let the cards/stamps be used on foods that have nutritional value. im not against the idea of helping people when they are down with communal assistance but as a society we should make sure that efforts are being made to become a productive member of that society.

bring back the manufacturing jobs we had and less people would be on welfare. if there are plenty of jobs to be had and one doesnt perform than i see no reason why society should fund their lazy lifestyle.
>>
>>69796361

Cow juice is for cows.

It's not as bad as soda or juice, but it's still extra calories that you don't really need. The calcium and vitamin d can easily come from vegetables.

Drink in moderation, imo
>>
>>69796503
You type like a redditor, or a 14 year old girl
>>
>>69796163
Ahhh, I read that wrong, and yeah, if it weren't for progressive bullshit insurance companies would be allowed and should be allowed to do that, but if it effects "muh oppressed people" then it's wrong. Same with how it's completely fine to charge men more for car insurance because they statistically cause more serious accidents, but it's not okay to charge women more for health insurance even though they statistically require more healthcare, and tend to use doctors and medications and the like when they don't actually need it more often.
>>
>>69796594
I'll take that as a compliment, since i want to be the loli.
>>
>>69796361

Can't beat milk, just not all the time as it's got fat and sugar in.

I got a lot of milk as a kid, grew taller and broader than all of my friends, now everyone comments on how big I am while they crack open their 7th redbull of the morning.
>>
>>69796419
This
>>
>>69792881
1 soda a day adds 15lb a year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

this guy says it will bankrupt medicare
>>
>>69796542
in this sub-leddit we hallucinate that models are reality
>>
>>69796503

>igrecigrecigrec

is this actually a french thing?
>>
>>
File: demboots.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
demboots.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>69796501
What happens is they don't "feel bad" or compare themselves to CrossFit people, or bodybuilders, or other citizens of their city.
When they go shopping for food, they have "horse blinders" on, and get the most in their cart (or 2) for their Govt $$$.
Fitness and low blood sugar and low fat levels aren't important when your annual US $$$ income is $18K.
>>
>>69796719
That's probably just your genes tho
I drank exclusively milk and water until I was like 16 and the only thing exceptional about me is strong bones and teeth
>>
>>69796713

damn i can hear your accent through your posts

type more anglais, s'il vous plait
>>
File: 1438912074095.jpg (42 KB, 441x463) Image search: [Google]
1438912074095.jpg
42 KB, 441x463
If we have free healthcare, we NEED taxes on unhealthy shit to help pay for it.

I'll keep it untaxed if we have no free healthcare, because poor people can drink their shitty sugar water if they want.

But if we have free healthcare, and we are not taxing things that drive up the cost of it? Fuck that. I'll be paying the extra cost through MY federal income tax or some other bullshit even though I don't weigh down the system.
>>
>>69793533

Soda is cheaper.
>>
>>69795789
>drinking the Calcium Jew
>>
>>69796798
I don't understand.
>>
>>69796747
Just include it in healthcare insurance premium. Calculate premium according to BMI.
>>
File: 1459548297070.jpg (98 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1459548297070.jpg
98 KB, 500x354
I can understand why kids would want to drink soda, it's sugary and full of caffeine, but why the fuck would an adult want to subject themselves to that poison?
>>
>>69796798
Coke got cheaper to produce so they made more of it
Not much of a conspiracy
>>
>>69796506
Why'd she get addicted? The caffeine or the appetite killer?
>>
File: cow.jpg (10 KB, 198x213) Image search: [Google]
cow.jpg
10 KB, 198x213
>>69794696
You mean the dairy jew?
>>
>>69796930
>drinking
>he doesn't know that purebred white people can photosynthesize
>>
File: 1458982262860.png (342 KB, 450x488) Image search: [Google]
1458982262860.png
342 KB, 450x488
>drinking a brew of sugar and random synthetic chemicals

Soda is Gen-Y's cigarettes.
>>
>>69796837
fatty detected.

healthier foods are universally cheaper. staple grease/beans/chicken/pork/oatmeal. most of the bad shit people eat is preprepared microwave food filled with soy lecithin, fillers, and not-enough-fiber.
>>
>>69796542
>all value is created through labor

Got it wrong in the first sentence. Marxists are such fucking retards.
>>
File: 1452601183287.jpg (85 KB, 422x751) Image search: [Google]
1452601183287.jpg
85 KB, 422x751
>>69795748
I am surviving but there is more to life than survival. Unless the common man can get ahead which he can no longer do there is no hope. I'm basically a slave at this point working for his bread daily with no hope of anything better. My only hope is to leave where I live which cost money I cant make to go someplace I cant afford and start the same cycle over. Not that I expect sympathy from the evil bastards that populate /pol. I'm just pissed off. Daily I wake up and just wish I could murder my boss and co workers then walk down the street shooting everyone I see in the face. I'm not even a nigger I have simply grown to hate everyone by this point. I do the heavy lifting, I fix the problems, I make things work yet the other guy collects the money. Fuck this country and fuck this world.
>>
File: custom-prowler-400.jpg (29 KB, 450x389) Image search: [Google]
custom-prowler-400.jpg
29 KB, 450x389
>>69796554
"Nutritional Value" is already there through the WIC program. (Women, Infants, Children)
That is a GD great program, although I don't think most families need 10 gals of Cow Juice a month...

FoodStamps / EBT / LoneStar is a different ball game.

I also *don't want* a Food Police standing in every grocery store across USA.
Hell, the TSA is full of losers,,, can you imagine a Food Police ?
>>
>>69796960
>sugary
>full of caffeine

You have your answer dumby

I think the world would be better off if people realized that sugar is shit and you build a tolerance to caffeine after 10-18 days, so it actually has no positive stimulant effect on you whatsoever.
>>
>>69795789
>milk

It does nothing for you
>>
>>69796911
This
>>
>>69796925
uhh wat
>>
>>69797055
if you're stuck working as a slave in this day and age, you deserve it desu
>>
>>69796542
Value is imaginary. This alone refutes Marx.
>>
>>69795771
You also live in your moms basement then. Go try to rent an apartment get a car and pay for your own food then post again.
>>
>>69796952
there studies that show ppl that dring 1 soda a day every day for a year, gain weight
>>69796747
>>
>>69795192
>work constant 10-12 hour shifts
>have time and energy to cook proper meals
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>69797055
Oh I read the rest of your post, and I can say without a doubt you deserve it 2bh

You can go ahead and get into politics like Bernie did after being a complete loser who failed at everything, maybe that's the one thing you could be successful at.
>>
>>69796960

Because it tastes good, and celebrities walk around with bottles of it for huge paychecks.

It's also not made clear exactly how much sugar is in some stuff, if it even is sugar at all. HFCS is horrible stuff, and you have to use more of it than sugar for the same effect.

tl;dr - profit > health
>>
File: 1457552680899.jpg (38 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1457552680899.jpg
38 KB, 500x333
>>69797081
>protein does nothing for you

spot the azn
>>
>>69796911
we dont have free healthcare though.... unless you are considered indigent.

my health insurance is fucking ridiculous if i add my kids onto it. thank fucking god my wife has a good policy through her work. the ACA really fucked my shit up senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 236x314
>>69797004
>mfw the white man won't share these secrets with me
>mfw I'm still using mastication like a savage
>>
>>69797218
fatty detected.

milk is full of sugar
>>
>>69793825
Puertobro, part of the problem is that soda is everywhere while Water is usually hidden. Hell most people don't know that by law establishments must offer free water to their clients. That's what I do when I eat in McDs, order a cheeseburger with a complementary water. And guess what, that's all you should really eat if you go to McDs. I bet if everyone who eat in fast foods did that they would lose weight. I can say that fast food is not the most ideal place to eat but you can still be at an healthy weight if you know what to do.
>>
>>69796798
If you go to grocery stores you'll notice they recently shrinked 20oz (591mL) to 500mL
>>
>>69797081
You'd best be joking you fucking nigger
>>
File: 1449447182490.jpg (17 KB, 500x601) Image search: [Google]
1449447182490.jpg
17 KB, 500x601
>>69797119
Shut your cock sucker and let me vent.
>>
>>69797218
>not realizing that extra sharp cheddar is far better for you than milk
>>
>>69796960
This

There are far more potent and fun poisons to ingest as an adult
>>
>>69797306
You haven't earned the right to vent, you're literally trash
>>
>>69792881
why cant they drink water with lemon or carbonated water? Soda is one of the biggest reasons for obesity.
>>
File: 1459362714668.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1459362714668.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>69797271
>azns cannot tolerate lactose
>>
File: soder.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
soder.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>69797116

only if you insist on paying extra for a pretty label and bottle

Americans literally buy bottled from the vending machines when there's a perfectly good water fountain down the hall. It's sad.
>>
>>69794458
>wants to take advice from a poor person on how to be better at being poor
>>
>>69797197
Seriously cant wait for the nation to collapse. Just for that I'm going to vote Hillary so she can finish killing America.
>>
>>69794696
>the estrogen jew
>>
>>69797271

Its got sugar in but it's not full of sugar. It's also not the same as actual sugar.

The protien, fats and calcium more than make up for the lactose.
>>
>>69797393
I know you can't faggot, it's because you are

LITERAL
I
T
E
R
A
L

trash
>>
>>69796542
Marx was an economist during the industrial era in an elitist society that practiced mercantilism. While he had many revolutionary ideas, many of them have been refuted.
>>
File: Lao Yang intensifies.jpg (108 KB, 602x915) Image search: [Google]
Lao Yang intensifies.jpg
108 KB, 602x915
>>69795668

This guy gets it.

Fuck 'Soda Tax'.

Let's get serious and introduce a SUGAR TAX. I'm entirely serious.

Anything that has a lot of sugar in it gets taxed. That includes most fruit/etc.

The only carbs I get are from fucking leafy greens. I survive quite easily on <20g of carbs a day. The alleged need for carbs/sugar to any large extent is one of the biggest myths going; and exceeding the very small amount of carbs we actually do 'need' should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
>>
>>69797366
maybe I'm just a snob, but I would always choose a bottle over the public fountain that might have just been tongue fucked by some retard.
>>
>>69797413
>skim milk 8oz (210ml)
>12.3g sugar
>8.7g protein

full of sugar
>>
>>69792881
The award for poverty punishing goes to payroll taxes
>>
>>69797511

if we had any sense, sugar would be a controlled substance and cocaine would not be.
>>
>>69796898
You say that like i do anything but type anglais.
No anglo thing will go through my lips.

>>69797034
In price by kg, raw food ALWAYS beat processed food by a huge margin.
We're talking minimum two times the mass for the same price.
Though maybe usa of america is a lot more different than thought and that's not the case for you guys ?
>>
>>69796376
Fuck off faggot. It's called pop.
>>
>>69797511
>fruit
Now you're just funposting achmed
>>
>>69797548
human breast milk tastes much sweeter.

shits pretty good.
>>
File: 1352811099766.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1352811099766.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>69797511
>>69797511
>The only carbs I get are from fucking leafy greens.
You're... Not eating bread ?
>>
>>69797548

>200ml semi-skimmed milk
>9g sugar

Do companies in your country actually put sugar in milk? Or do you feed cows reeses pieces and pepsi?
>>
>>69797685
no yeah you're right. we can get staples just as well as anyone else, if not better given all the people in the frozen produce game.

shoppers are just VERY fucking stupid/uneducated. they'll have grown up eating frozen breaded chicken nuggets, and they'll continue to do so into adulthood. no doctor, book, or television program will steer them in any other direction.
>>
>>69792881
the outcome will most likely be poor people switching to lesser known cheaper brands that are worse for them, but i dislike fat people so who cares
>>
>>69792881

It's stupid.

They tax high sugar to make people more healthy but don't encourage ways of dropping the price of healthier alternatives

TL;DR they want more money
>>
>>69797986
water is pretty cheap m8
>>
>currentyear
>not investing in a lifestraw

I'm not sure it's India-proof yet though
>>
>>69792881
Pretty much.

Oh poor people, you like your soda so much, it's so cheap and only a luxury you could afford regularly?

Let me just hike up the tax on those sodas for you.... I'm only trying to help you, soda is bad for you.

>Says the rich fat fucking politicians
>>
>>69798032

This is the tip of the iceberg

It's going to be a blanket sugar-tax over all things soon enough
>>
>>69793979
Twice daily.
>>
File: 1459371994718.png (195 KB, 421x266) Image search: [Google]
1459371994718.png
195 KB, 421x266
>>69797271
>Eats bacon and sausage for breakfast
>Washes it down with sugary concoction
>Snacks on crisps and chocolate
>Lunch is a plate full of burger and fries
>Milk shake
>More snacks
>More soda
>Dinner is giant pizza
>Soda
>Ice cream
>No exercise all day
>Late night snack
>Bed (surrounded by crumbs)
>Stops breathing in sleep
>Wakes up clutching chest gasping for air
>"that milk is killing me!"
>>
>>69793152
I agree with the socialist movement though I still think that social nationalism is the best option.
>>
>government establishes tax on pop
>niggers drink "dat purple koo-aid"
>government establishes tax on sugar
>riots
>>
>>69797843
Trust me when I say that the bread in burgerland is a single gram of sugar away from being cake. Guy's got the right idea.
>>
>>69797065
The answer is simple, have Foodstamps use the same exact format and rules as WIC. When I was a teen I worked in a grocery store in a poor area and I saw people buying LOBSTER with EBT cards. Fuckng lobster. That job contributed a great deal towards my redpilling.
>>
>>
>>69797132

No, value is a concept representing that which satisfies our needs and desires - be it directly or by proxy - thereby empowering us to establish a system of goods/service trading which is fair and proper.

Problem is, most current systems are neither fair nor proper.
>>
>>69798045
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unr565H9r4o
I think it is india proof
>>
File: Implying.gif (512 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
Implying.gif
512 KB, 160x160
>>69797647

I'd consider sugar and carbs to be one in the same.

Potatoes, pasta and bread should be considered poison unless you live an EXTREMELY active lifestyle.

>>69797738

The alleged nutritional benefit of most fruits are not worth the sugar. Vegetables like sprouts/spinach/green beans/etc are nutritionally better for you in every way.

>>69797843

See further up.
>>
>>69798154
>>Eats bacon and sausage for breakfast
>muh protein
>>Washes it down with sugary concoction
>okay in moderation
>>Snacks on crisps and chocolate
>5 small meals a day
>>Lunch is a plate full of burger and fries
>more protein
>>Milk shake
>had a rough day
>>More snacks
>glad i'm sticking to my diet
>>More soda
>gotta remember to get more at the store
>>Dinner is giant pizza
>mediterranean diet
>>Soda
>man i'm thirsty
>>Ice cream
>dessert keeps me sane
>>
>>69798268

My friend went to the US on holiday and he said everything is sweet. Even the normal bread is sugary.

My wife is German so the bread we eat is like brown cement with fucking oats in it. And it tastes amazing.
>>
File: india-photos-81[1].jpg (116 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
india-photos-81[1].jpg
116 KB, 560x420
>>69798045
>India-proof water
Looks safe to me
http://www.chinasmack.com/2010/pictures/filthy-india-photos-chinese-netizen-reactions.html
>>
>>69798268
>>69798400
Oh, ok.
This is terrible, i'm sad for you :^(
>>
After I stopped drinking soda, I've never been healthier. My go-to drink is now water with lemon juice, which is boring, but just as good in my opinion.
>>
>>69798400
Sure, but we still need luxuries to keep variety in our lives. I really doubt you'll get fat from eating fruit, it's fine to have them around as a dessert.
Hell, I eat lots of bread and I'm healthy with a bmi of 21. I simply don't drink soda. Then again, maybe our bread isn't so full of sugar.
>>
>>69798452
>the bread we eat is like brown cement with fucking oats in it.
stahp
>>
>>69798452

It's a bit too sickly for my tastes

Their soda is just overloaded with sugar
>>
>>69797511
>Let's get serious and introduce a SUGAR TAX.
Why stop there, statist?!
Let's get SRS and introduce an OXYGEN TAX.
>>
>>69798452
Britfags seem to say this a lot about their vacations. If you buy a cheap loaf of wonderbread it will be full of sugar. if you go out to eat at places like Chilis everything will be covered in some sugary sauce.

Chilis is where you go when you're in the mood to eat shitty food. wonderbread is what you buy when you don;t really give a shit about your kids.
>>
>>69798452
Any and all bread is sugary in the US
Even things that shouldn't be sugary have added sugar in the US

Tacos? Sprinkle sugar on it.
Burgers? Sprinkle sugar on it.
Milk? Sprinkle a FUCKLOAD of sugar on it.

I cut out all added sugar and corn syrup from my diet but that means my diet is severely limited.

You come here and you will gain weight. Doesn't matter if you want to or not, you just will.
>>
Shocking Sugar: How Much Sugar Is HIDDEN in my food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkOJUMt6xSk
>>
>>69798268
go to the bakery, bro. it what i do. had some summer sausage on toasted rye for lunch.

good stuff right there
>>
>Don't call someone fat, because that is fat shaming.

>Do prevent people from getting fat, by behavior manipulation through taxation, not fat shaming.

We should sick the SJWs after this thing and see what happens.
>>
>>69792881
we need that tax for useful things like your diabetes meds
>>
>>69798790
Our bakers sprinkle sugar on all the bread right in front of your face where I am.
>>
File: Pom_Wonderful_Back_600.jpg (179 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
Pom_Wonderful_Back_600.jpg
179 KB, 600x398
this is health food in america

>"cheat death"
>"crazy healthy"
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrJfHxQ-zac
>main sponsor of american ninja warrior / sasuke u.s.
>>
>>69798787
Fun fact: reduced fat peanut butter has more sugar in it than regular peanut butter.
>>
>>69796175
It's full of sugar and caffeine. They grow up on a drip-feed of it and that makes them dependent on it in adulthood.
Personally I disliked the sensation that carbonated beverages produce when I was young, so I never developed a taste for it.
>>
If your Healthcare is being supported by the productive class you have lost the right to be unhealthy. I have no problem incenting through tax the disuse of soda and cigarettes. Fucking libs are so excited to give up all their freedom so daddy government will take care of them. Can't blame them since they most likely spent 12 years in public indoctrination centers and fell for the "government has your best interests at heart" meme.
>>
>>69795748
Go for the eyes boo
>>
File: 1432040267216.jpg (27 KB, 599x481) Image search: [Google]
1432040267216.jpg
27 KB, 599x481
>>69799153
>66g of sugar
>virtually no vitamins
>zero protein
>LOL NINJA GUY DRINKS IT SO IT'S GOOD FOR YOU GOY
>>
File: bawkbawk.png (88 KB, 879x616) Image search: [Google]
bawkbawk.png
88 KB, 879x616
>>69799441

this is what healthcare goes to
>>
>>69797685
>>69797873
>shoppers are just VERY fucking stupid/uneducated
That's the crux of the problem, no matter where you are, which won't be solved via taxes on consumables
But when, like this ameriburger notes, you have kids who eat like shit because their parents can't cook and themselves only ever know how to stuff some frozen chicken nuggets in the oven, or order fastfood, they'll never be able to make a transition to healthy eating and shopping that isn't painful.

Think about it.
When our parents were kids, their parents, or at least one of them, used to know how to cook, as a vital life skill. Then they got taken in by convenience cooking (think the transition to foods which can be done in an hour or two, quickly cooked steaks etc), which sent them and their kids down a steep hill towards fast foods and simple convenience.
Our parents never learned to cook properly, so when it comes to our generation, we're in a minimal rut, and every alternative option seems absurdly expensive or a waste of time for the average normalfag.

It'd take a MASSIVE initiative to reintroduce proper cooking into children's education, at home or at school, and support teaching how to shop economically
>>
>>69792881
Good, hamplanets are gross and deserve to pay more
>>
>>69799645
The commercial seemed to claim that it was good for you because of the antioxidants it contains, not because it's got protein or vitamins.
>>
>>69799752
Would you care to tell me how the shit McDonalds and the like became so cheap? They're at least 5 times more expensive than normal "organic" lunch in a random restaurant here; only middle-high class people go there
>>
>>69799965
Antioxidant claims can fuck right off when you drown your product in more sugar than a regular coke.
>>
File: Nidarosdomen2.jpg (1 MB, 1280x857) Image search: [Google]
Nidarosdomen2.jpg
1 MB, 1280x857
>>69799752
Also, I'm really going to fucking miss juice cordial/squash when I move to the US (Starting an arms company with a friend after I finish up my degree here).

It's just concentrated fruit juices, pour some in a glass, add water, boom that's a sweet tasty drink that doesn't have a ton of sugar in it, and doesn't need you to add sugar to make it taste any good like Kool-aid.
Incredibly surprised it doesn't exist in the US
>>
>>69800099
The bottle says 100% juice.
Are you sure pomegranate juice isn't just naturally high in sugar?
>>
>>69800099
and don't all fruits and vegetables have them?
>>
>>69800220
>falling for the 100% jucie meme

http://mentalfloss.com/article/28401/what-does-100-juice-mean
>>
>>69800220
Not in those amounts
>>
>>69797081
Manlet detected
>>
>>69800271
Different fruits and vegetables have different quantities of stuff like vitamins and antioxidants and whatnot.
>>
>>69792881
Its just a way to squeeze the last dimes out of the poors pockets.

protip; taxes and laws designed to benefit your personal health and safety are sad cruel joke rules that elites push into law to get more money from poor people whose habits wont change.

The government has never once cared about the state of your health, they care about your ability to work and pay taxes as a citizen and when that ability is disrupted, only then will you notice the government jumping in to the aid of the people, you are an investment. That is why drugs are illegal, the population is significantly harder to tax and keep in the tax system while under the influence, throwing people in jail for consumables only allows the government to instill life monitoring on people less likely to generate revenue to the tax system.
>>
>>69793533
>>69793979
>>69795535

do you faggots even know what the word "luxury" means?

soda is dirt cheap
>>
>>69800220
it's a juice concentrate. there could conceivably be the business end of 2 or 3 pomegranates in there.

along with the reduced "non-sugar" carbohydrates from the filtering and refinement, and the fact that there's no pulp or rind or anything.

it's dyed sugar water, effectively.
>>
>>69799994
That's the thing. McDonalds aside, it's not really, and only compared to other restaurants - their price points are pretty much relative to each other; the "organic" middle-class lunch gets to charge more, essentially for the appeal of it being middle-class with middle-class ingredients, while McDonalds and the like are 'cheap' because they're on a model of fast mass production. It can all be mass produced within a factory, where economies of scale are had

Yet, when you compare for cost the amount of nutrition, not just for balanced intake but calories too, you can cook for yourself for cheaper.
Difference is that you need to have the equipment, the knowledge of what to make, know where to get the ingredients (going to the average supermarket for meat is a bad idea, costwise, go to a butchers), and that to be economical, you're not cooking a single portion for several, so either cook for multiple people or cook enough to store in a freezer or for another day.
>>
>>69800376
well yea. I was getting at how things are advertising antioxidants, like they are the only products that have them.
>>
>>69796367
Not a politically viable solution. You would make a poor policy advisor. Use your common sense and come up with a more acceptable solution.
>>
>>69800333
That article seems to pertain more to the fact that companies dilute the labeled juice with other, cheaper juices, but it's all still fruit juice. It doesn't mean they added sugar in after the fact to make it sweeter.

>>69800454
I'm fully aware it's more juice than a person should have in a sitting, but the initial complaint was about the sugar level, when it's not exactly fair to complain about how much sugar a bottle of 100% fruit juice contains. You might as well just tell people not to eat that fruit if you're so worried about its high sugar levels.
>>
>>69798787
>30 seconds in
>I don't think sugar is bad
>27 more minutes of this shit
Nope too long, will never watch.
>>
>>69800723
Tbh, HFCS is just corn juice.
>>
>>69800435
You make it sound better than it is. If the state cared for your ability to produce taxes, why would it allow you to ge so fucking fat that you have to apply for disability? It's likely that health campaigns are far cheaper than the extra cost of obesity. And if they just wanted easy money, wouldn't they tax soda way higher?
Big companies put shitloads of pressure on the government to avoid these taxes.
>>69800616
I just don't get how. It sounds like middle-class restaurants would be making such an amazing profit that many people would flock to the market, driving the prices down again. Bear in mind that McDonalds uses local products (we don't have corn syrup, and our ice cream is produced like two hours away from my house) so it should be as expensive as American McDonalds.
>>
>>69800723
fatty detected.

there's a thing called the glycemic index. sugar water spikes your blood sugar faster than a piece of fruit, even with the same number of calories. the fruit gets ingested slower, has more water, and has dietary fiber and non-sugar carbohydrates which slow down digestion. higher blood sugar means higher propensity for the liver to generate triglycerides and store excess calories to fat rather than to somewhere useful like liver or muscle glycogen to fuel the body in the near term.
>>
>>69799153
>no added sugar
It's juice. It's still garbage, but the only ingredients according to the list is fruit.
>>
>>69800954
So even if I grow my own fruit and juice it by hand, I'll still get fat if I drink the fresh fruit juice instead of eating the fruit?
>>
>>69798467
>http://www.chinasmack.com/2010/pictures/filthy-india-photos-chinese-netizen-reactions.html

jesus fuck
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.