[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did the Democratic party go from this to the welfare party
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ask.jpg (15 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
ask.jpg
15 KB, 350x250
How did the Democratic party go from this to the welfare party that's all about handouts and degeneracy?
>>
Third world immigration sped up around 1965
>>
It's an empty slogan. Quit falling for the lies.
>>
>>69791365
El BJ
>>
>>69791365

when kennedy said that, southern whites were mostly democrats, and northern blacks were somewhat republican and somewhat democrat.

the civil rights and voting rights bills of LBJ changed all that. so, the democrat party became the party of gibsmedat, while the republicans became the opposite.

it took a while though. read up on Nixon, and you'll see that he would be considered a moderate-to-liberal politician today.
>>
>>69793346
Republicans never were the party of gibs me dats Tbh.
>>
>>69793435
>Republicans never were the party of gibs me dats Tbh.

correct. My wording is misleading.
>>
>>69792965
Pretty much this, he capitalized perfectly on blacks during the civil rights era (despite not giving a fuck about them) and pretty much transformed the black community into the shitshow it is today.
>>
>>69793548
>(despite not giving a fuck about them)

This is probably not true. LBJ grew up in Texas and didn't know many (if any) blacks. He was compassionate towards poor mexicans when he was a school teacher in a very poor section. His dad went broke and they were very poor for much of LBJ's youth, so when he talked about making war on poverty, he probably meant it.

He did say "nigra" around blacks, but he did not mean it in a racist way.

along those lines, a funny story: I think it was Julian Bond (or some other civil rights black guy) who was in a meeting where LBJ said to make sure the National Guard did not have ammo in their guns at some riot, to make sure they didn't shoot any "ni-", and then he caught himself, and said "negros". After the meeting he asked Bond to remain, and they walked around in the White House to where LBJ said "look at this floor, at what that damned Eisenhower did with his golf shoes". And that was his "apology".
>>
>>69793435

See reconstruction.
>>
>>69791365
>generalizing
/pol/ evrytiem
>>
File: imgres.jpg (10 KB, 293x172) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
10 KB, 293x172
Why, Texas? WHY??
>>
>>69792932
>it's an empty slogan because it promotes individualism and I have nothing to offer as an individual

I mean, I get that you're a nigger, but you can still offer something to the world by getting a job.
>>
>>69791365
> Back and to the left
>>
>>69794044
This is why I hate democrats. They use minorities as their pawns for political power, they don't really care above them.
>>
Civil Rights movement began the slow decline of the black American populace and college SJW liberals fell in line with the LBJ "cast them all as victims and give them free shit" agenda.
Next thing you know, jews and white liberals are marching with King and basically began the long, seemingly irreversible process of getting blacks addicted to their own status as victims.
Fifty years of gibsmedats and "muh oppression" later and you have a broken, virtually useless class of people (mostly blacks, but some others as well) whose only purpose is to live off the programs funded by those of us who work and pay taxes. Combine that with the inherent crab mentality and you have the voting base of the current Democratic Party.

Good luck ever finding a solution.
>>
>>69794347
It takes a long time to turn a negative mentality into a positive one. With this white-cis-heterosexual male shit that they are pushing in the military, you are going to see a low morale with soldiers. They won't feel like brothers-in-arms anymore.
>>
>>69793991
>implying that Republicans today and Republicans 200 years ago are in the same context
baka fuckign retard
>>
>>69791365
The Democratic Party used to be the party of the working man but gradually the working man realized that the power of unions and big government was fucking him over, so the party turned to pandering to minority populations and women.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.