[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst War in History
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (404 KB, 681x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404 KB, 681x900
What was the worst war and why?
Personally, I think WWI.
>>
WW2 because the nazis lost.
>>
>>69757821
FPBP
>>
>>69757572
WWI
gas is fucking horrible
>>
ww1 because we lost
ww2 because we lost again
>>
>>69757572
I agree. masses of men, horses and donkeys got mowed down or gassed. the landscape in verdun is bizare, the shells have left very interesting hills. and the trench foot. and and..
>>
>>69758004
I thought WW2 was the worst because of Atomic Bombs and the Eastern Front..that was until I listen to Hardcore History on WWI. 100's of Thousands of people dying in each battle. It was like what happened on the Eastern Front but all over Europe for years.
>>
>>69758152
Credit wherr credit is due. Germany, Italy and Japan vs the world. Not a bad effort. If only Winston knew what the UK would look like today perhaps he may have joined Adolf.
>>
>>69758369

not sure how bad radiation of the bombs was compared to the mustard gas
>>
>>69757572
War of 1812.
Give Canadians a false sense of history.
>>
File: Iran-Iraq_war-gallery.png (337 KB, 380x427) Image search: [Google]
Iran-Iraq_war-gallery.png
337 KB, 380x427
>>69757572
Depends... in terms of brutality or in terms of outcome?

In terms of brutality, it has to be either...
1. Iran-Iraq War (1980 – 1988):
Lasted for almost a decade, thousands of casualties, chemical weapons and child solders "martyrs" were used indiscriminately.

2. Paraguayan War (1864 - 1870):
Insane, isolationist Paraguay declares war on Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil at the same time, fights to the last man, by the end of the war they resorted to using child soldiers rather than surrendering, the highest estimate is that 90% of Paraguayan males died in that war.

3. WWII, particularly the Eastern Front.

In terms of outcome...
World War One, no doubt about it.
It led to the slow collapse of European Empires, the emergence of Communism which would cause 150 million deaths worldwide (40 million in Russia alone), the economic collapse of Germany which would lead to the rise of Hitler, and the collapse of the family in most Western countries as government expanded and women had to enter the labor market for the first time. France already had a low birth rate crisis in the 1920s, for example.
>>
WWI for sure. Napoleonic tactics against modern weapons. Hundreds of thousands dead for a few hundred yards. Chemical weapons deployed with impunity.

But the most gruesome disgusting most brutal part of the war? According to Fritz it's a shotgun. Go figure, right Fritz?
>>
>>69758496
The thought of massive number of people dying in a mere instant is pretty terrifying. Mustard Gas can be avoided with a mask and from even looking at it.
>>
>>69757572
WWI
It is quite literally the most important war of the last century.
WW2 only reaffirmed the effects of WW1
>>
File: 1446101120527.jpg (246 KB, 835x773) Image search: [Google]
1446101120527.jpg
246 KB, 835x773
>>69758369
do you have a link for this I'd love to give this a listen
>>
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 1024x768
Ww2 was fun.
>>
>>69757572

WWI. Accomplished nothing and planted the seeds for the destruction of western society. We would be so much better off if it had never happened.
>>
>>69757572
WWI ended the peak of the white race, even doom our prosperous nation
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 700x514) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 700x514
y'all know that chemical weapons caused less than 5% of casualties on the Western front, and that mustard gas burns the exposed skin

more hebes got gassed during the holocaust than soldiers during ww1

still ww1 tho, you should watch Les Croix des Bois
artillery bombardment has been described as the scariest thing known to man
and here are some accounts of verdun
http://www.wereldoorlog1418.nl/battleverdun/getuigen.htm
>>
>>69759850
My Italian great grandpa fought against Austria and Germany at Caporetto and refused to talk about it for the rest of his life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Caporetto
>>
File: 1457591504950.jpg (181 KB, 800x850) Image search: [Google]
1457591504950.jpg
181 KB, 800x850
>>69757821
/thread
>>
>>69760057
that sound like my uncle. he was in service when the marvinas/falklands
episode came up.

WWI - the thirst must have been numbing.
>>
>>69759426
holy shit what
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.