[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear Theists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Dear theists.png (4 KB, 364x60) Image search: [Google]
Dear theists.png
4 KB, 364x60
Please stop confusing atheism with antitheism.

Atheism isn't actively "denying" the existence of a god, it mean you just don't believe in one.
Like if someone asks you whether you want a fruit in your picnic basket: Theism is saying yes, Anti theism is saying no, and Atheism is saying "I don't care" or "I'm indifferent"

P.S. you don't have to "use" science as an explanation of the creation of the universe if you're an atheist, you can just choose not to believe in any explanation. I believe myself that the notions research puts forth is way more LIKELY to be true than any human religion, but I don't hold it to be the ultimate truth.
>>
Then what's agnostic?

Also no one gives a fuck about your shitty beliefs, so quit trying to "clear up" peoples misconceptions about the group you identify yourself with. Atheists aren't a united group who believe one thing, and you don't speak for them.
>>
>>69736926
>Atheists aren't a united group who believe one thing
THATS THE FUCKING POINT OF THE POST
>Then what's agnostic?
someone who believes NOTHING can be known about the nature of god
>>
>>69736488
I think your analogy is a bit off. Theism is saying "yes", agnosticism is saying "meh" atheism is saying "no", anti-theism is saying "FUCK YOU AND YOUR APPLES YOU MISERABLE IGNORANT PIECE OF SHIT I AM SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU FUCKING APPLES SUCK AND WE SHOULD CUT DOWN ALL APPLE TREES AND IMPRISON PEOPLE WHO LIKE APPLES EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW TERRIBLE APPLES ARE"
>>
>>69737505
I think a better analogy would be a person asking his friend "Will that stone fall over in 100000 years?"

Theism: Yes
Agnosticism: We'll never know
Atheism: I don't care
Antitheism: No
>>
A belief there is no God is a stance, not "I don't care"
>>
>>69738449
But atheism isn't saying there is NO god, just that they DON'T believe there is one.
>>
Most Theists don't give a shit what you believe or don't believe. They believe in freedom of religion meaning you can believe whatever you want to. If only you vocal atheists would believe in freedom of religion as well instead of trying to convert people.
>>
>>69738705
What's the linguistic difference in the statements "there is no God" and "I believe there is no God"?

" I don't know if there is a God" is not atheism
>>
>>69736926
"Agnostic" has no descriptive power with regard to theology. The term doesn't address any particular topic. In use it means a pretentious fuck who wants to feel similar to atheists but is in fact atheist. Most atheists who have thought out their position are agnostic atheists. To be a gnostic atheist is as fallacious as being a gnostic theist. It's a positive assertion of a claim that is at best difficult to defend, akin to the anti theist described above. To assume anyone who's not an arrogant prick and is not obviously stupid and claims to be atheist means "agnostic atheist" should be a foregone conclusion.
>>
>>69739086
>"there is no God" and "I believe there is no God"?

My post was talking about the difference between the statements "there is NO god" and "I DON'T believe IN a god"

One flat out denies there is a god while the other says they just don't believe in one
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.