[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So apparently my uni is putting on a "Feminist Week&quo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
So apparently my uni is putting on a "Feminist Week", which includes a Gender Pay Gap Bake Sale.

>Come and visit the members of the UQU Women’s Collective to purchase baked goods – with a difference. Specific to each faculty, each baked good will only cost you the proportion of $1.00 that you earn comparative to men (or, if you identify as a man, all baked goods with cost you $1.00!). For example, if you are a woman of colour in the legal profession, a baked good at the stall will only cost you 0.55 cents!
fb.com events/993381204089168/

What do you think of this? Who thought this was a good idea? Does the feminist train even have brakes?
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 500x375
If you don't like it don't go

They have the right to hold that event. You can counter with a neo nazi event of you want

>wahhhhh someone said something I don't like!!!
>>
Put on your own sale. Charge black people 3/5ths of what a white person has to pay.
>>
>>69736217
Go to the booth and say you self indentify as a black woman with a slave fetish looking for white Masters.
>>
Sounds like a half-baked idea
>>
>>69736417
Or give men free stuff but make women pay. For justification, have an explanation of the false equivalences implied by the wage gap myth, and say you're offering men free stuff because they have to deal with all the bullshit being spewed by the other people. Example graphic attached, this shit's really not hard to find.
>>
>>69736318
The issue is that it's an official uni event hosted by the union, not just a bunch of blue haired fucks baking cookies against the patriarchy. As someone's pointed out
>this bake sale itself constitutes discrimination under both Queensland and Federal Anti-Discrimination law.
>At the state level, section 46 of the 1991 Anti Discrimination Act sets out that a person who supplies goods and services must not discriminate against another person in the terms on which goods or services are supplied.
>At the federal level, section 22 of the 1984 Sex Discrimination Act sets out that it is unlawful for a person who provides goods or services to discriminate against another person on the ground of the other person's sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc, in the terms or conditions under which those goods/services are provided.

>>69736583
Tempting, I was probably just going to identify as a female black lawyer
>>
You realize there will be Menstrual Cookies right.
>>
>>69736887
Holy shit you are a fucking neckbeard.

Take the fedora off
>>
>>69736217
>For example, if you are a woman of colour in the legal profession, a baked good at the stall will only cost you 0.55 cents!

jesus what the fuck, this shit is in straya now fuck.
anyway just fuck with them, say you identify as a transracial, transgender, demigod, satanist, fuckyoumumdadimwhateveriwannabe, and if they dont respect your identity call them homophopic, transphobic, niggerphobic bigots.

or you could just rock up like this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkNQDOPjcdU
fucking based brother dean
>>
>>69736217
>Google "UQU"
>Umm Al-Qura University is a large public university in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. The university was established as the College of Sharia in 1949 before being joined by new colleges and renamed as Umm Al-Qura by royal decree in 1981.

Damn, those SJWs are literally everywhere.
>>
File: 121212.jpg (44 KB, 532x495) Image search: [Google]
121212.jpg
44 KB, 532x495
>>69736217

>coulour
>>
>>69737013
It's literally illegal, and I didn't write all that so I don't know how you found out about my neckbeard.
>>
>>69736217

sue them for discrimination
>>
>>69737161
Then why don't you sue? Fucking manchild
>>
Go there and say you identify as a woman. If they refuse to sell you cheaper goods, go on a tirade.
>>
>>69736217
OP seriously go there and drop these truth bombs loudly while deconstructing the nature of this propaganda. Just point out to the people there:
> A bake sale is pleasant, it evokes a feeling of community.
> They are often for a charity, you pay money and it goes to a specific good cause. SPECIFIC. Like people with their legs blown off etc.
> You walk away thinking good for them, good for me for supporting them.
> This is not that.
> They are simply making claims >>69736783 which are more complex than this gimmick expresses.
> It's a clone of tactics used elsewhere and is a lot like the tactics of a snake oil merchant to under informed bystanders.
>>
>>69736217
just print out the DOJ study that debunks the wage gap myth

if they raise a fit, tell them men and women make consistently different career choices
>>
That looks like it might be illegal
Contact the government, organize a protest. Do something about it.
>>
>>69736217
Then tell them that Asian women have to pay more than white women. And that lesbian women have to pay more than straight women. Tell them also that Asian women have to pay more than black men.
>>
>>69736217
That's textbook racial discrimination
>>
>>69736217

Get a friend of yours that can get them for cheaper, and get them to buy it for you and pay them back. Then share the goods!
>>
Just show up and say that you identify as a black pansexual woman. Receive baked goods for pennies. If they call you on it make a scene about their bigotry.
>>
>>69736217
Ask them if they have a veterans' discount.
>>
>>69736217
>This is what a...

no shit
>>
File: australias-welfare-2015-50.jpg (98 KB, 586x352) Image search: [Google]
australias-welfare-2015-50.jpg
98 KB, 586x352
>>69736217
Just go show them this chart and demand 10c muffins because you go to university
>>
>>69736217

Do what this >>69740182 anon says, OP. It's the true free market solution.
>>
>>69736217
>this is what a feminist looks like
a walking turd?
>>
>>69736217
Show up and claim you identify as Xemale african asian italian american. Take all cookies
>>
>>69736217
set up rival cakestall buy cheap woolies/coles muffins beat them on price point for both genders and have a sign saying GENDER EQUALITY. then let capitalism work its magic
>>
>>69736217
>Get some a female friend to buy 100 baked goods
>put another bake sale
>sell them for the full price
>profit

Not a jew btw.
>>
>>69741365
Or similarly, get a redpilled black friend to go buy as many cookies as possible, then resell at a standard price that is .10c more.
>>
>>69741432
Oh sup
>>
>>69736673
Subtle, Carlos
>>
Are u UQLD
>Muh feelings above silly laws
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/university-of-queensland-union-to-host-bake-sale-that-charges-based-on-gender-20160402-gnwsts.html
>>
>>69741365
The problem with this is that they probably have the area reserved as the only group allowed to sell baked goods at that time, in that area of campus. This isn't uncommon on campuses in the US, anyway.
>>
>>69737031

Have you even watched ABC lately? They play feminist shit all day and spout gender inequality Bullshit all day for mums to watch. Our cabinet is all Jews n one fat fuck dyke Malcolm turnball has litteraly fucked Australia by making them air batshit lefty shit at ABC
>>
>>69737127
is this mandy?
>>
>>69741365
this. show them the wonders of free-market capitalism. bonus points if you actually bake yourself.
but i'd bet that shitlibs would still support the union bakesale so they can virtue signal to their friends.
>>
>>69741110
That already happens with sausage sizzles, halalfags get btfo daily

>>69741432
kek,my gf's studying political science/international relations so that's probably like 60c. I could sell for 80.
>implying the union would authorise my sale

>>69741521
This is Australia so no blacks, and a university so no coons

>>69741677
Exactly, any sale thing like this has to be approved by the Union, as in the same Union that is running this cock slap.
>>
>>69741049
do you have source for pic surely this cant be right
>>
>>69736217

claim you identify as a woman but havnt come out of the closet fully yet
>>
>>69736217
go op claim you are gender fluid if they try charge you full price
>>
>>69741825
http://www.aihw.gov.au/australias-welfare/2015/young-people/
>>
Send email to ACCC about situation and see how they reply
>>
Any way to report this event to UQ?
>>
File: retarddoleuser..jpg (446 KB, 1874x1067) Image search: [Google]
retarddoleuser..jpg
446 KB, 1874x1067
>>69741825
hurr durr how do i use google.
>>
>>69741049
what is the difference between "unemployed" and "not in the labour force" here?
>>
>>69742217
ah only stats for young cunts hardly suprising
>>
>>69742368
>not in the labour force
means studying
>>
>>69742368
'unemployed' people are looking for jobs, 'not in the labour force' aren't

>>69742574
'in education' means studying
don't comment if you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>69736217
My school is literally where this feminist pic was taken.

Die every time I see them doing those stupid SJW signs now.
>>
>>69742776
I suspected it might be something like this.
In the US we're told almost daily that our unemployment rate is some extremely low figure now, at anywhere between 4-6% and yet our labor participation rate is the lowest it has been for something like 40 years.
>>
It seems trivial, but it's a classic case of political hypocrisy, where people say they are working for equality but act in racist and sexist ways.

If they want to fight gender pay inequality, why not fight corporations or companies that refuse to do so instead of collectively blaming all of society? You can't fight sexism with more sexism.
>>
Since this is blatantly breaking the law has anyone bothered forwarding it to the police?
>>
>>69743319

same here i think they also count 4 hrs work a month as being employed for the official figures...
>>
File: q1.png (37 KB, 462x508) Image search: [Google]
q1.png
37 KB, 462x508
From the event post
>>
>>69736217
God bless you. I'm glad to have another /pol/ack at UQ. What do you do? Biochemfag here
>>
>>69743611
If I could find a way of contacting UQ I'd email them about it first, but you could always go straight to the Australian Human Rights Commission
>>
Do you only qualify for cheaper cupcakes if you have children?
>>
>>69736217
I identify as a black woman on welfare

gimme dem cupcakes, cracka

>>69736318
in the us it's illegal af. not sure about aus
>>
This shit is turning me off uni so much.
>>
>>69736217
Some young Republicans did this and called it an "Affirmative Action bake sale", and they got reamed up the ass for it
>>
>>69744033
I remember that.
>it's only okay if we highlight our own stupidity. don't make fun of it!
>>
>>69743687
Simple, make a formal complaint. Better yet, document it and document that the authorities did and will do nothing.
>>
>>69743687
Actually not from the event unless facebook is hiding another section of comments I can't see, that's from the student shitposting page actually run by sensible students, so this sort of thing doesn't get deleted for muh feels.

>>69743817
Are you yanking my chain? Also biochem here, second year doing BIOC2000, BIOL2200, BIOM2011, BIOM2020.
>>
More proof the wage gap doesn't exist
>>
>>69744025
campus culture has always been cancer mate. if you're interested in STEM then you can probably still avoid the SJW business for the most part, but it's ever so slowly seeping its way in. if you're interested in arts or humanities then you've got a long road ahead of you.
i'd say uni is worth it just for the opportunity to wind up marxists.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.