[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is gender socially constructed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: 45842.jpg (228 KB, 720x607) Image search: [Google]
45842.jpg
228 KB, 720x607
>>
>>69735777
Absolutely not. Gender roles exist throughout all of nature.
>>
>>69735777
all my teachers and classmates laid their hands on me when I was in elementary school and I suddenly grew a penis
>>
Yes.
They are also good and necessary.
>>
>>69735777
Checked
>>
Gender/sex/whatever the fuck you wanna call it is a physiological concept. You're either born with a penis, and male hormones..or with a vagina and female hormones. There is literally no in between unless you have a hormonal/neurochemical imbalance, in which case you have a mental illness/disorder (in physiological and psychiatric terms).

If I hear one more person say that gender is a fluid concept, I will castrate them. You either have male or female anatomy, or a neurochemical imbalance. If you don't fall into one of those three categories than fuck you, you degenerate nigger.
>>
File: 1448146455955.jpg (38 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
1448146455955.jpg
38 KB, 571x540
>>69737314
But if people have different identities and feel they belong in a different set of expectations and roles, wouldn't that suggest it is more of a spectrum, with most people happening to fall on two point of the spectrum?
>>
>>69737314
Gender and Sex are not interchangeable. Sorry but you're just outing yourself as uninformed.

There are cultures which have traditionally acknowledged more than 2 gender identities, such as those in southeast Asia.
>>
File: wow_red_pilled.gif (2 MB, 341x321) Image search: [Google]
wow_red_pilled.gif
2 MB, 341x321
>>69736004
>Gender roles exist throughout all of nature

Probably the most accurate sentence regarding Gender ever written on /pol/.
>>
>>69735777
No it isnt socially constructed, but theres a problem when they become socially enforced, because the genetic variety ensures some people will not be able to/be comfortable with their "gender role" as defined by society.
>>
>>69737793
Just because someone identifies with something, whether it be strongly or in the slightest, doesn't mean they are *magically* that said thing. Say I wake up tomorrow and feel that I identify with my dog...can I now start licking my genitals, and shitting on the floor? No, that's not how life works.
>>
>>69735777
everything is socially constructed because all ideas were created by humans by us trying to make sense of our surroundings
>>
>>69740837
Well said leaf.
>>
>>69738919
You just outted yourself as a mindless liberal. Congrats.
There are also cultures in southeast Asia that believe that 12 year old girls can marry men that are so old their balls hang to the floor. There's cultures that believe that a woman who was raped is in the wrong, and deserve death. Just because other cultures believe in something, doesn't mean it's correct, or morally justified. Your argument is a complete logical fallacy, you twat.
>>
File: 1450380811668.gif (516 KB, 245x240) Image search: [Google]
1450380811668.gif
516 KB, 245x240
>>69735777
What a great movie

Also, CHECK EM
>>
File: transphobe.png (13 KB, 486x131) Image search: [Google]
transphobe.png
13 KB, 486x131
1/2 use feminism to fight against trannys
>>
File: roastietoastie.png (12 KB, 474x128) Image search: [Google]
roastietoastie.png
12 KB, 474x128
>>69741460
2/2
>>
you know youre living in a leftist shithole when 100s of years if biological science is now a "social construct"

identifying as a ham sandwich doesnt make me a ham sandwich, it makes me a retard.
>>
>>69735777
Gender roles were socially constructed in response to environmental pressures. They're somewhat vestigial in modern society, though. Sex is biological, but it isn't binary because intersex people exist. And it's possible for brains to be sexed differently from the rest of the body, which is the leading explanation for transgender people. Not everything is black or white.
>>
>>69741822
And yet they off themselves at a rate of 40%, not contributing to someones delusions doesnt make you a bad perosn
>>
File: t to the riggered.jpg (121 KB, 470x390) Image search: [Google]
t to the riggered.jpg
121 KB, 470x390
>here's lookin at you kid.

Kid!? What kind of patriarchal oppressive privileged bullshit is this? I'm not some child without autonomy or rights to consent. I don't need a master or a warden to tell me what to do. Don't define me, don't talk down to me, don't even come near me with that sexist neoimperialist attitude of ownership. I'm your equal, even your superior in some ways, so don't think you will get away with..

>just get on the damn plane.
>>
>>69741313
What do you care what other people's traditions dictate. Their morals are what's right for them. Are you a traditionalist or some universalist cuck?
>>
movie name boys?
>>
>>69735777
No.
IGNORE ALL SLIDING THREADS

EU/JUDEA CALLS FOR WHITE GENOCIDE, REWRITING HSTORY, NO WHERE ON EARTH TO FLEE:
>>>69738171
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.