[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Christian Science mean "denying science in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 530x335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 530x335
Why does Christian Science mean "denying science in the name of our lord" and not "believing in God but not denying scientific proof"? I was raised in the church but I don't understand how people believe the bible is 100% literally the truth.
>>
>>69731160
because protestants.
>>
>>69731160
What is science?
>>
>>69731160
Because hardly anything science says is reliable. And they doesnt have any proof of their claims either considering theyre saying their theory so much that its somehow became a fact today when theres still no proof of evolution, big bang etc
>>
>>69731697
Yeah but carbon dating and the history of the earth shit all over Christians idea that the world is only a few thousand years old
>>
>he fell for the evolution meme
>>
>>69731697
>no proof of big bang
What is CMB, Hubble's Law and temp-related absorption lines in distant dust clouds?
>>
>>69732477
They hasnt been avaible to track any planet for more than 20 years top so i dont see how they """"""know""""" the earth is whatever ammount of years old

>>69732495
>implying codes is proof of big bang
>>
>>69732477
>>69732477

Except carbon dating is extremely unreliable past a few thousand years. But "scientists" won't ever admit that. It relies on large assumptions of half-lives and the initial state of the carbon. Other methods of dating are far more accurate and provide evidence for a young earth. Do your homework, sheeple.
>>
File: chips.png (736 KB, 1000x492) Image search: [Google]
chips.png
736 KB, 1000x492
>>
>>69733023
So why doesn't God talk about the dinosaurs?
>>
>>69731160
If some of the impossible bullshit isn't true why should anyone think any of the impossible bullshit be true?
>>
>>69733322
Or, more simply, why would you think dumb shit like an afterlife could ever be real?
>>
>>69733267
Same reason God doesnt talk about apes..`?

In the Bible he said he flooded the earth have ever trought if dinosaurs was in it?
>>
>>69733267
Read about Leviathan and Behemoth in Job 40-41 and report back. I think you'll be surprised.
>>
>>69733267
Leviathan. Behemoth. Sound like dinos to me. Plus, there are multiple examples of drawings and carvings by humans of dinos that could only have happened if they had seen them with their own eyes. Long before archaeology was a thing. Dinos were just regular creatures to people a few thousand years ago. The average dino size was that of a dog (bet you didn't know that). Also, they were overwhelmingly vegetarian, and could have easily been domesticated like horses or mules.

Also, remember, the term "dinosaur" is quite new. Before that term, there were no words for them as a "species". That's why every civilization, desptie being completely removed from one another, has a dragon myth. Because they existed.
>>
>>69733066
so what do you carry around your own ketchup bowl?
>>
On another note, if you are a true Christian, you have to believe the Bible is the infallible, inspired Word of God. Thereby taking it as the literal truth. This obviously won't apply to poetic sections or allegory (the four corners of earth, for example), but idiots will try and use those sections of text to prove the Bible is flawed and therefore imperfect. Context is a huge necessity in Bible study. Understanding the day and age, the author, and who they were speaking to is vital.
>>
>>69733644
One of those things which is always said by people explaining the dragon myth is that people made it up based upon what fossils they found. Yet, no matter where they are, the myth involves breaths of fire. How the hell you get those from bones?

I mean, Christian Science is a bunch of ad hoc hole fitting, but the way people seem to praise science like if it were a source of truth rather than a method of exploration and analysis befuddles me.
>>
>>69732822
DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT CARBON DATING IS?
>>
>>69731697
Big Bang supports Christianity numbnuts. Spend more time lurking, you will wind up seeing Atheists deny that the Big Bang happened because of this.
>>
>>69735221
>the Bible is the infallible, inspired Word of God.
Are the Gospels of Thomas and Judas included in that? What about the differences in the portrayal of Jesus between the gospels? Matthew and Luke's portrayals of Jesus are virtually mutually exclusive. What do we make of the stark differences between the Jesus of Mark and the Jesus of the other gospels?
>>
>>69735221
So you realize you're going to hell for that poly-cotton blend shirt you wear? The bible outright has a lot of silly rules and shit like that in one of the first books, can't remember which one because I haven't read the bible since I was 8.
>>
>>69735221
>On another note, if you are a true Christian, you have to believe the Bible is the infallible, inspired Word of God.
Correct.

>Thereby taking it as the literal truth.
Wrong. Metaphor is not falsehood.
>>
>>69736179
Many of the things people talk about as laws that Christians "break" were only intended for Jews.
>>
>>69736179
>another retarded atheist spewing out buzzwords

A lot of the Old Testament laws were fufilled and are no longer needed since Jesus made the Ultimate Sacrifice. The reason why He is called The Lamb is because he was like the sacrifices that were offered to God in the old days.
>>
>>69736234
I don't see why people can't take things metaphorically. I think if people focused more on the morality and not "man in sky who grants wishes" more people would be Christians. I can't honestly believe that a virgin born child walked on water and fed 100 people with one fish, but I can believe that he was a good person and spent his life teaching people to do the right thing.
>>
>>69736656
Honestly, this is exactly why I don't go to church anymore. It's all "You're going straight to hell and there's nothing you can do about it you terrible, terrible sinners" (or even worse, "You're all going straight to heaven and you don't need to do anything and you're all wonderful, wonderful people, even the folks who spend all day making napalm to drop on a no-name village in the middle of nowhere or who kick beggars when their portfolio didn't do 5 above the market average for the quarter")

Just don't be fucksticks and try to be nice to people. You're better off holding doors open for people for one hour every Sunday than having somebody in a robe tell you what kind of person you are.
>>
File: 1459039514038.png (241 KB, 322x455) Image search: [Google]
1459039514038.png
241 KB, 322x455
>>69733066
>ketchup
>not mayo
Never got into the ketchup meme thankfully
That shit must have some jew mind control stuff in it
>>
>>69737688
I stopped going because of all the hypocrites I saw in church. Always so quick to judge somebody else when they are flawed themselves. I'm not perfect either but I don't think going to church every Sunday makes you any less of an asshole. It doesn't matter how much you go if you don't pay attention to the message.
>>
>>69737688
The path to Heaven is through good works, and emulating Christ as best we can. By doing so, we accept him and his teachings into our hearts, earning our salvation through him.
>>
Creationists are the worst kind of Christians.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 598x792
>>69740206
Not an argument
>>
Political science is a scam, and that's what they're teaching in schools and in public. Want the bible to be proven with mathematics? Check out Satan Exposed by Steve Kerr on Youtube.
>>
>>69735221
i suppose this validates possible translation errors does it
>>
>>69740457
I wasn't arguing with anyone, but agreeing with the post I replied to.
>>
File: 1445763111463.png (134 KB, 431x362) Image search: [Google]
1445763111463.png
134 KB, 431x362
>>69740582
>Bible "proven" with >mathematics
>Look up a YouTube video of some random asshole, he's right and not all those centuries of scientific progress!

Religion still is and will always be the biggest blue pill.
>>
>>69731160

>I was raised in the church
>I don't understand how people believe the bible is 100% literally the truth.

So you're not a Christian, and you're trying to belittle actual belief in a subject whilst asking a question about it.

If you're just here to circlejerk like an atheist faggot then this isn't the board for you.

If you're actually curious I'd checkout InspiringPhilosophy on YouTube.
>>
>>69740807
>mimimimi i only trust le professional science guys like bill nye 2 do science
>>
>>69731160
The bibles creation lines up perfectly with the theory of evolution. I don't believe people evolved though. Everything else did.
>>
>>69731697
Motherfucker you're using a computer, the literal product of science being RIGHT, saying that science is WRONG?

Something doesn't add up.
>>
>>69731160
Where do I begin? Oh....I think i'm going to write up a few responses and put them in a big old folder and call it RESPONSES FOR FUCKING IDIOTS! I'm sorry OP, did I say that out loud?
Okay, here's your science, OP; Ice is cold and Fire is Hot. And the sun's pretty and Bright; and incredibly hot especially if you get closer to it.
How does one measure, observe, or recreate the purported singularity that appeared form nowhere without provocation bringing with it space time and the entirety of all masses throughout the entirety of everything?

Oh wait you can't can you because the first four seconds of the universe, according to you asswipes, ARE UNKNOWABLE! How convenient, especially since the PURPORTED SINGULARITY APPEARED AND EXPANDED TRILLIONS UPON TRILLIONS UPON TRILLIONS UPON TRILLIONS OR, 10 to the exponent 32 times faster than a fraction of a second.

But you're a church goer aren't you, OP. More like a hag in silk, am I right OP?

>>69731381
Not that you atheist would know what Science is because your theoretical beliefs can never, ever be proven.

So please, show us a fish becoming a man over an unbreakable chain of one species evolving its successive species. And that's skeletal and genetic proofs there of.

I mean tens of thousands of species between us and fish over a billion years and all you have as 'proofs' are a few vague fossils and not much else? Really. And yet you're here about muh SCIENCE as if you atheist, you fabulists has a right to control the narrative.
>>
>>69740932

>shilling this hard

He wasn't talking about all science; he was just talking about Creation.
>>
>>69740866
I think of myself more as an agnostic. I believe there is something bigger than us out there but it isn't a man in the sky granting wishes. I think there are a lot of good parts of Christianity but there are some questionable parts as well, mainly how it's followers interpret it. The main issue I have with Christianity is how people use it as a catch-all explanation for anything that happens, and people who defend it extremely yet haven't read the bible or just go to church so they won't go to hell. If you claim to be Christian but won't help out those in need you aren't one.
>>
File: 1445733486717.jpg (7 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
1445733486717.jpg
7 KB, 219x219
>>69740905
Here's your (You).

The entire purpose of science is that you can recreate experiments and verify the evidence yourself. Nothing is stopping you from following the logical conclusions of let's say, gravity or radioactive decay, maybe even measuring redshift of extraterrestrial objects. Gesticulate all you wish about religious texts and the meanings thereof, but your bait needs work.
>>
>>69741287
I don't believe all the "theories" of science because they are theories, but they make more sense than the only thing in the universe creating everything in a week because he was bored and lonely. Unlike Christians, any good scientist or researcher loves to be proven wrong, we want to find the answers, not rehash the same shit people have been spewing for centuries
>>
>>69732477
Well, here's what you don't know, anonymous user, The Earth can very well be, a billion years old and a few thousand years old. How? Well there's a thing called plank time, that magical time when the universe unfurled out of a infinitesimally small meson sized ball of potentiality that self created and thought to expand just fast enough to overcome its own gravity well. Well this thing, had only a trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second to decide all these things, such as to self create and expand just fast enough to overcome its black hole and then decidedly slow down to mix in order to form complex particles and not to fly a part and to pull this off, all the while still moving at this incredibly fast speed, this stuff creates black matter which compels all this stuff to slow down.
Then this stuff decides to fight with itself seeing as how there were both anti matter and matter, the two cannot co exist so one that was more obliterated the lesser and then this stuff realized it was still too compact and could become many black holes instead of just the one. Then it creates dark energy which compelled all this stuff to expand impossibly fast again.

Now if your magical supernatural god, the magical singularilty had the wherewitall to do all that, Can't our God simply speed up events as he would need to being the God of creation thus, having sudo programmer control over all things as the ultimate and chief programmer that can over clock any program and process at will?
>>
>>69741346

So you think people are stupid to believe in a God, yet you also want to define who is and isn't a Christian instead of just people who believe Jesus is God?

Literally all of the things you have said against Christianity can be summed up with two things.

>Christians are dumb' science proved them them.

>I hear stories about Christians who do bad things, and therefor get to blame the entire religion.

I'm sure you haven't even researched apologetics before, and just go by your feefees and whatever is the "main stream" opinion.
>>
>>69731160
It's not hard to understand the Bible is complete truth, honestly. If you believed in God at least
>>
>>69741880
Your flag reminds me of nylon pants from the 80's.
>>
>>69736009
Carbon dating, the other bullshit. Did you know, anonymous user that carbon dating is mostly inaccurate. You see, numb nuts, there's no fool proof way to separate the element you remove from said environment from the molecules of that environment that contaminated it.

The scientist who did the test ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE EDUCATED GUESSES TO ACCOUNT FOR ANY AND ALL INACCURACIES. IN SOME CASES ONE SCIENTIST MAY SAY SOMETHING IS TEN THOUSAND YEARS OLD AND ANOTHER SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND YEARS! You atheist are insane!
>>
>>69741499
Whatever, dude, you're an epic intellectual for not believing in God.
>>
>>69742128

The various methods of dating have very specific applications. You can't date the carbon in a vase and come to the conclusion of how long ago it was made by people, for example.

This is what creationists regularly point to when they say "SEE SCIENCE IS WRONG AGAIN CHECKM8 ATHEISTS".
>>
>>69731160
they are turning the old christian science church into a hotel here. Those fuckers are weird
>>
>>69741894
I don't think anyone is really stupid to believe in something, I just think it's stupid to blindly follow something without thinking critically about it. Like I said I don't find the concept of "God" that far fetched, I just don't see it as a guy in the sky, I see it more as a "force of the universe", the thing that makes life possible, whatever it is. I don't know, you don't know, the other anons don't know, nobody does. It's something that none of us understand and religion is just something that helps us rationalize the world around us.
>>
>>69741880
It sounds like you think God exist in our dimension
We have no idea how God perceives time but it's assumed I think that God is not bound to its laws as we know them
>>
>>69741836
OH...a magical ball of stuff self creates. YOU READ that Right TRUE believers! A magical ball of stuff having several universal masses or dozens of universal masses came into existence and expanded JUST FAST ENOUGH TO OVERCOME ITS OWN GRAVITY. AND that makes more sense to you than a complicated powerful person made it?

Well you're a piss poor liar aren't you, for all that you've observed that was even remotely complicated and purposeful was made by us.
There's an experience a Christan used to stomp his atheist professor and fellow classmates. He made a beautiful replica of the solar system that lit up.
The Professor was floored by its awesomeness and asked, "Who made this?"

The lad responded, "No one." The professor grew anger and threatened to have the boy written up for being insurboant. But the young man stood there defiantly and said, "You're about ready to read the riot act on me for saying No one made this replica of greatness; just a replica, and a poor one at that. But you'd have us believe that all of this, the entirety of everything self created?"

>>69742038
Why thank you anon.

>>69742325
That's a funny way of saying your atheist are allowed to pull "reality" out of their ass to suit their rhetoric.
>>
>>69741499
speaking of bait, that's not how you use gesticulate. Gesticulate refers to over the top motions with the hands while speaking. You cannot gesticulate over the internet.

The word you are looking for is Pontificate, which has a double meaning appropriate to the thread.
>>
>>69741930
Even genesis? Even when understanding that all the "lineage" shit and even Exodus is a narrative to support nationalism?
>>
>>69742566
He made the laws, as a programmer writes and defines the laws that governs his program. It's his to define as he wills.

At the very least, due to the complexities observed, we have no choice but to admit the universe and especially the 3 billion tiers of code that is Human DNA was wonderfully made. Why, even windows 10 has more than 40 million lines of code, and that took 30 y ears to accomplish, thousands of programmers and more than a billion dollars, and Yet you're of them mind that all of this, even our DNA, self created?

That's as dumb as saying the computer and the OS on your computer has the power to self create, GIVEN ENOUGH TIME.

YO, my light may go out because this is the Bahamas and a third world crap hole. So..if i suddenly drop out, th at's why.
>>
>>69731160

Pro-tip: don't trust anything Christian related if it's its not Orthodox, if it's Catholic it's worth reading or listening to but take it with a grain of salt.
>>
we've had this thread before and we'll have it again and it's always a giant waste of time.

faggy deists trying to convince people in god
faggy atheists trying to push their science

hide thread, report thread, waste of bandwidth and of our lives.
>>
>>69742677
Thanks for the vocab lesson, lad.

>>69742314
To be honest, do any of us have any real reason to believe in a traditional deity outside of being raised in a religious environment? If anything, if there is a God, it would lie far outside all the boundaries of dogmatic belief systems seeing as it created this universe of complex physics and mathematics as we know it. Saying that the Christian or Muslim or Jewish (or any other god for that matter) being the right one is downright absurd.
>>
>>69743075
At the very least we were made, Not saying God, although I am, but you and they have no choice but to admit we were made by God or whatever you choose. Although we all know better and has always known, even if we try really hard to deny it.

But whatever. You still have no choice but to admit we were made.
>>
There's no proof of evolution.

Just because an extinct animal that existed in an earlier time period that looks similar to an animal in a later time period, doesn't mean the former evolved into the latter. Mainstream science tried to point to the fossil record and claim this is evidence of evolution, that should show you how stupid the hypothesis of evolution is.
>>
>>69736656
The Gospels and Genesis are very different things.
>>
>>69732477

>protestantism represents all Christians
>>
>>69743129
Well, if you believe in good and evil, it helps to have an idea of what direction to head, and a book like the Bible helps many/ Muslims, Christians, Jews, it's really all the same besides different revelations. What matters is that people avoid "Satan", which is really just evil, and go towards "God", which is really just the positive aspect of the creator.
>>
>>69742967
I'm not aware of many big differences Catholics and Orthodox have on anything a non-Christian is likely to hear about.
>>
I don't know whats worse: literal interpretation of Bible or the free interpretation of Bible when the words from the book can be used to justify anything.
>>
>>69743738

>I don't know what's worse: Protestants or Protestants

But of course some parts of the Bible like the Gospels are literal
>>
>>69743456
/thread
>>
>>69743674

Orthodox interpretations of Genesis are allegorical and you'll never hear any sort of literal 6 day creationism from them or say that mankind reset after a worldwide flood itself 4,000 years ago. So far as I know there's nothing about Christianity that requires a disbelief in evolution or dinosaurs.
>>
>>69744129

There isn't. It's really just an American/Protestant phenomenon
>>
>>69743365
Sorry, but your line of reasoning is bad.
Its just like saying you can't imagine how we came to being without being created, but you're not acknowledging that this is tantamount to reasoning that magic exists.

The giraffe, and how its neck works, and how it swallows, and the redundant mechanisms that it still has controlling its throat contractions are irreconcilably linked to modification over time by descent, and you cannot account for this snippet of information in a 'created' life form.

Why is it full of defective genes?
Why are WE full of defective monkey genes?

A created human would not have these.
>>
>>69743456
Just such a profoundly baldfaced claim flies in the face of everything the community at large holds as established fact.
You had either better be an absolute expert on the topic you claim there is no proof of, or you're an ignorant ass making declarations of fact on a topic you are sadly misinformed on.

Your critique of evolution points only at the fossil record, as if this was the only evidence.
Evidence which creationism cannot account for, incidentally.
>>
>>69744679

Why would a created human not have flaws? It's a central Christian belief that man is flawed
>>
File: 1459297542355.jpg (267 KB, 784x885) Image search: [Google]
1459297542355.jpg
267 KB, 784x885
>>69745064
Implying a creator that can't make a good product?
I didn't say flaws. Flaws are like eyes with no depth perception.
No, I said defective monkey genes.
Monkey genes that, if activated would make us different, but have developed to be recessive.

For the giraffe, if it was created, then the nerves wouldn't have to go all the way down its neck and then back up to contract the throat muscles.

Thats bad design.
I've heard the argument for intelligent design.
You want to parse the argument for bad design for us?
>>
>>69745447

You still haven't given me a reason why design must be perfect, and not only that but perfect according to your perception of perfect
>>
>>69731160
What's the point in having your religion if you don't take the word of God as 100% truth?
Everything in the Bible is a fact, do some reading and you will see that now more than ever the Bible is becoming more and more relevant and necessary as a teaching tool for future generations.
>>
>>69731697
>Because hardly anything science says is reliable.
top kek
>>
>>69746934

The Bible is the Word of God through the writing of man. Some parts are literal, some aren't. It's a collection of books with many authors who wrote with many different intentions
>>
>>69740932
>computer is science
>not math
>>
>>69747494
How can you just pick and choose what should be literally taken and what shouldn't? Can we just say adultery Is not a sin anymore? Do you know how crazy you sound?
>>
>>69747736

No, it doesn't work like that. You need to rely on the Bible and on church tradition to get the proper understanding
>>
>>69731160
>literally two conflicting creations to start off Genesis
>the Bible is to be taken literally and so we shall!
>>
>>69747873
How can any man just decide that some things in the Bible shouldn't be taken literally? That we could just discard those commands made by God or just be ignorant of what it teaches us?
>>
>>69746934
It's recycled Canaanite and Sumerian mythology made up by a bunch of Bronze Age goat herders. They borrowed the Canaanite deity Yahweh and made him their patron deity, which was a common practice in that region to have a patron deity for your people or city.
>>
>>69747987

The Bible didn't fall out of the sky. You have to interpret each book of it in light of its author and historical context.

You can't just pick it up and read all of it in a literal way
>>
>>69748166
You don't have to, but I'll take what God says literally
>>
>>69748242

The Bible is second-hand information, not first-hand. You're treating it like the Mohammeds treat their Coran
>>
>>69748330
This is why Christianity is going extinct in the west, because even those who supposedly believe it will disregard half of it.
>>
>>69748402

You're showing the problem with Sola Scriptura Protestantism very well
>>
>>69747987
>>69748242

How would you know for sure that it's God who said it?

What makes you think the Hebrews knew God any better than other people around the world?

The Bible and its associated religions are human inventions. Anyone with enough imagination and delusion can say they speak for a deity.
>>
>>69748491
>Anyone with enough imagination and delusion can say they speak for a deity.

I just looked in my hat and it says you're wrong.
>>
>>69748491

You are establishing a church: which of your followers do you choose to lead it once you are no longer able to and on the basis of what characteristics do you choose?
>>
>>69748452
I'm a Catholic
>>69748491
Because they're the most successful people in one of the worst regions of the world? Because they helped spread the word of God which led to Christianity, which helped create modern civilization and the living standards we all enjoy and the rest of the world envies so much? It seems the other Gods aren't even trying or maybe they just don't exist. Also it's funny how everyone in the west has lost their faith and our society is in such a decline now, it can't be a coincidence can it?
>>
>>69748007
>It's recycled Canaanite and Sumerian mythology
source?
>>
>>69749019

Well then you have no idea what the church has to say on interpreting the Bible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGDDKlXl488
>>
>>69733066
what do you do when there's no cup for the ketchup and nowhere to squirt a pile for dipping?

checkmate, atheists
>>
>>69733644
Leviathan >>>> Behemoth

Scar Sighted is phenomenal

:^)
>>
>>69731160

In Judaism you've gotta kill animals to appease YHWH. An essential "point" in Jesus time was that Jesus was the last sacrifice, the greatest sacrifice to end all sacrifices in which to satiate yhwh and abolish the original sin of man.

In order for this to have any meaning, the old testament including Genesis must be true less Christ died for nothing.

Protestants fixate on this concept and have found great offense in evolution as it implies Genisis is wrong.

Catholics care less because Popes allow the religion to morph around whatever shit that may disprove it, such as when they started talking about the possibility of the "god particle" in quantum physics.
>>
>>69749299
I don't care what they have to say, Satan has infiltrated the Church and today we see degeneracy in the Church that's just as bad as what's on TV and in rap music videos.
The Pope is literally inviting followers of the Cult of Islam to destroy Europe and Christianity.
>>
File: 1440380302688.jpg (39 KB, 383x364) Image search: [Google]
1440380302688.jpg
39 KB, 383x364
>>69731697
>theres still no proof of evolution, big bang etc
>>
>>69749727

I don't like Friar Cuck either, but he hasn't changed any teachings of the church and the church will be much better off after he's gone.
>>
>>69750058
>Friar Cuck
Nice one, the Vatican has made changes though and are trying to be more "inclusive" at the sake of going against God.
>>
>>69731697
"Science is a systematic enterprise that creates, builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe."

It is literally the only way developed to prove anything. Name of innovation, one invention, or any knowledge that did not come from the scientific method.
>>
>>69731160
All Darwinism has contributed to society is euphoria.

If evolution really happened, why do we still have niggers? Face it, it's about as real as climate change and the Holocaust.
>>
>>69750921

Not to doctrine, which is the important part.
>>
>>69751075

Euphoria is a good feeling, what is the problem?
>>
******ATTENTION******

** A EXPERT IN THEOLOGY, GOD, AND THE AFTERLIFE HAS ENTERED THE THREAD**

If you desire to debate with me, you must meet the following PREREQUISITES:
1) Have a phd in quantum physics from an ivy league (NO Cambridge and Oxford are not good enough you dumb BRITBONGS)
2) Attended sermons from Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Satanists, Jainists, Scientologists, and Neil Degrasse TYSON before
3) Read the following literatúre: ALL OF PLATO, ARISTOLE, HIPPO, AQUANIS, HUME, DESK-CART, THE BIBLE, THE KORAN, THE BAGDAD VITAS, THE GOD DELUSION, THAT BOOK BY STEVEN HAWKING, EINSTEIN’S THEORY OF RELATIVITY, THE ILIAD, NEIZTCHE, THE FAULT IN OUR STARS AND MORE AT MY DISCRETION
4) Be white and over 6 feet tall
5) Be physically fit (FAT PEOPLE ARE INHERENTLY DUMB)
6) Have ATLEAST a 6/10 face (ugly people are biased to love atheism)
7) Make 6 figures a year (in AMERICAN $$$)
8) Speak Both Latin & Ancient Greek (I will NOT debate with you in lesser tongues)
9) Write in cursive
10) Read poetry
11) Be able to recite the opening sequence of Star Wars: A Phantom Menace from memory

IF you meet those prerequisites, send me an email at: [email protected]
Then I will send you to my paypal where you will have to deposit $20 (to prove you are not poor and are invested in the debate). I will also link you to my youtube (you will have to subscribe). After that we may debate!
Looking forward to it, peasants!
>>
>>69731697
>hardly anything science says is reliable

Yep my Christian friendo
Next time you take a plane. It doesn't fly according to calculation. It's all luck and faith pointing out direction to pilots.
>>
File: dumbasses.png (81 KB, 624x628) Image search: [Google]
dumbasses.png
81 KB, 624x628
>>69732477
>>69732495
>>69736044
>>69740932
>>69747150
>>69749907
>>69751023
>>
File: 1458496655017.jpg (13 KB, 225x297) Image search: [Google]
1458496655017.jpg
13 KB, 225x297
>Humans and apes share a common ancestor
>therefore humans have no souls, there is no afterlife, and we're all meatbags dancing to DNA

The first is science
The second is atheistic materialist philosophy

Bible thumpers can't differentiate the two so they throw the baby out with the bathwater.
>>
>>69731160
Because Christians are literally retarded.
>>
>>69751268
If we don't fall for bait, how are we supposed to have a discussion? Are we supposed to just discuss what is and isn't degenerate?
>>
>>69731160
>Protestants
>Let women start their own religion

Oh lawd.
>>
>>69731160

The recognition that evolution exists doesn't necessitate atheism but a lot of theists feel threatened by it specifically because they are unsure in their beliefs.

The most outspoken, loud bible thumpers, islamic zealots, zionists, and other assorted cretins only speak loudly and rant about their religion because it makes them feel better about their own lack of faith. Since they have such shaky beliefs they have to justify themselves by attempting to convert others.

In other news organized religion (not necessarily theism, or spirituality) is a pile of hogwash and most of the religious "leaders" in this world are just charismatic money grubbing perverts.
>>
Could not a Christian reason that when God created the heavens and earth maybe he was powerful and smart enough to create it in a way that it could mold itself into his vision of it over time?

Like.. in a way that doesn't over specify the rather vague writings of the bible into something that conflicts with science?
>>
Faith is a double standard
It gets to point out all positive's that 'prove' the faith while ignoring all negative's that counter the faith as a devils trick which proves the faith because how can their be a devil without a god
>>
>>69731160
Be right back. I'm mixing chemicals together trying to create microscopic life forms. Then when I'm bored I'll just dump it in the ocean and hope that the atmosphere, waves, and temperature doesn't instantly kill it.

Maybe later I'll light my farts on fire and use it as an example of how the universe exploded and stars spread out like fair dust.

But before we do that class... name an animal that can add additional DNA.
>>
>>69740807
He says, as ISIS uses religion to polarize virile men into feral beasts.
>>
>>69744679
Sorry I missed your post. Got some crazy news that sent me for a whorl for a few hours. But that's not monkey genes we have anon, those are tenants of object orientated programming.

You know object orientated programming, right? Well you're writing something, a program if you will and you find yourself using the same routines over and over to define a method or behavior or eventuality. So what you do, instead of redefining the same method you generalize the method in such a way that you could reuse the same method repeatedly.

I know it's shocking that God used objected orientated paradigms before we did, but there you have it.

>>69751412
Says the guy who has no proof of his god, the big bang. Go ahead and cite instances of you recreating the big bang, I'll wait.

>>69751824
Could you not reason that you're so very wrong?
>>
File: 6660.jpg (28 KB, 331x448) Image search: [Google]
6660.jpg
28 KB, 331x448
>all these butthurt christians
>>
>>69752475
>name an animal that can add additional DNA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection
>>
>>69746520
perfection doesn´t create imperfection
>>
>>69733023
>provide evidence for a young earth
[citation needed]
>>
File: NFcWRsf.gif (1 MB, 328x217) Image search: [Google]
NFcWRsf.gif
1 MB, 328x217
>>69731697
>science isnt reliable and has no proof

You and I both know thats a laughable load of horse shit. We quantify our surroundings by using science, and we are where we are in technology and knowledge because of it. You didnt pray and it became true, did it?

>ill help you out; no.

Read a book.
>>
>>69752475
kek
>>
>>69736521
Where does it say this in the bible? i'd like to read that verse.
>>
>>69736044
wrong
>>
>>69736656
and you can do all those good things without following a religion
>>
>>69740913
>people didn't evolve
this is why religion is scary to me because it pushes people to believe proven things are not real and thats the shit that makes our country look retarded
>>
>>69738016
enjoy your heart disease.
>>
>>69743634
>refutes cosmology with morality

literally autism.
>>
>Sensible Christian
Evolution is a well observed phenomenom, but god might have initiated the whole process and then let nature run its course. Science really leaves room for faith!

>Fucking retards
No, the earth is literally 6000 years old and the devil buried dinosaur skeletons and also letting gays marriage will cause the end of days!
>>
>>69743822
nevermind the blatant copying from the Odyssey and other Homeric tropes.
>>
>>69743456
>muh fossil record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0zpk0lPFU
>>
>>69742128
its really amazing your able to lie to yourself this hard to make yourself believe god is real
>>
>>69754988
Not only proven things are not real, but the part where

>creation lines up perfectly with evolution
>still doesn't believe in evolution for humans, but everything else did.

Its like someone who's going to jump in front of cars on the highway, and they dont believe that they're going to get hit and something is going to save them from death. Its just that utter stupidity, watching someone be so crazily retarded. I cant stand it.
>>
>>69743456
write a science paper about how evolution isnt actually real get it peer reviewed and put into a science paper and collect your nobel prize
>>
>>69753422
Would not the most perfect creator have also commented his code?

Don't even get me started on variable names in our DNA. It's an absolute mess. The guy didn't do anything ISO compliant.
>>
>>69755314
Once more, and at the very least, you have no choice but to admit someone, more complex, purposeful, creative, and intuitive than us did it. To say anything less would be incredibly dishonest on your part. But you being an atheist and all, I'm sure for you and your kind, honesty's pretty hard to come by.

>>69755309
comparing a man's skull to that of an extinct ape, does in no way say man's from that animal. That's like you're comparing a house cat to a bob cat to a panther to a tiger and says after ward that's proof of evolution. Good try though. Well, not really a good try that's just pants on the head retarded and you should feel bad about yourself.
>>
>>69756144
I'm wondering what you think of things like the London Underground mosquito, peppered moths during the Industrial Revolution, nylon-eating bacteria and the radiotrophic fungus of Chernobyl.
>>
>>69756028
We're talking about the complexity of the code and you're of the mind that maybe he should have shown off to you lot to try and impress you with how awesome he is?

>>69756028
Look how messy Windows code is, a lot of stuff in there just works. Eventually they kind of got it right if only, just right.
>>
>>69756144
False. Unlike your stance, science has a standard that is set and critiqued daily. Every bit of the standard has proof and evidence. Yours is nothing but faith based, and your book shows something different from science. If you're just going to throw your hands up and say "TOO COMPLEX, GOD DID IT!" then your opinion means nothing. If you're going to claim the believers of science to be "dishonest" while following a book with things you wouldn't agree with yourself, you're being the dishonest one.
>>
>>69756483
>a lot of stuff in there just works
hahaha no.

Code "just works" when you're a freshman in high school copy-pasting bits of Java from StackOverflow. Once you know what you're doing (or at least find the "debug" button on your IDE of choice), code either works or it doesn't for very specific reasons.
>>
>>69756483
Humans made programming code, by the way. It just doesn't "work", if you know the language you can understand how the code works. I'm sad to hear you just utilizing blind faith in things instead of having enough interest in the topic to invest time into it and look into the evidence.
>>
>>69731160
Protestant retards do not believe in evolution.
>>
File: old-sefer-torah.png (238 KB, 710x533) Image search: [Google]
old-sefer-torah.png
238 KB, 710x533
>>69731160
>how people believe the bible is 100% literally the truth.
Easy, just don't read it.
>>
File: 1458012240566.png (56 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1458012240566.png
56 KB, 401x372
>>69756144
>comparing a man's skull to that of an extinct ape, does in no way say man's from that animal. That's like you're comparing a house cat to a bob cat to a panther to a tiger and says after ward that's proof of evolution. Good try though. Well, not really a good try that's just pants on the head retarded and you should feel bad about yourself.

>strawmanning genetic proximity and morphology into "hurrdurr they look the same so theyre related" so you can attack it easier

>completely ignoring heaps of other evidence

You are waste.
>>
>>69756144
science has changed and made bigger impacts on my life then any religion ever will
>having cancer that was cured through advances in science that some people would try to "pray away"
>>
File: 1435191449263.gif (3 MB, 2883x3460) Image search: [Google]
1435191449263.gif
3 MB, 2883x3460
Why hasn't this been posted yet
>>
>>69731160
Not all Christians feel this way OP.

Some are logical and believe that all beneficial science is a gift from a loving God who cares about us and wants us to prosper. They also believe that you don't have to take everything literally in the bible, which was the intention of the original author. Some of it's stories are moral allegories meant to be interpreted by the listener, which is also an exercise in free will.
>>
>>69758437
Because it would take a whole day for /pol/ to do mental gymnastics to get out of this hole
>>
>>69758623
>They also believe that you don't have to take everything literally in the bible, which was the intention of the original author

Proof, please.
>>
>>69731697
>Because hardly anything science says is reliable.
How is your 2000 year old book more reliable?
>>
>>69758623
Hang on. If you don't have to take everything literally in the bible, then what's keeping me from cherrypicking what I want from the bible to form something completely skewed, yet valid considering the terms you've given? Where does it stop, where is the line drawn between literal commandment and free interperetation?
>>
>>69732477
Only American, Bible-thumping, Israel-loving Christians actually believe that the Bible says the world is a few thousand years old
>>
>>69741287

High level autist here
>>
>>69738016
>mayo
>not lemon aoli

Enjoy being pleb
>>
>>69759240
who says its less or more? the bible is calculated at six thousand years. but who knows, science could have been used to come to that conclusion.
>>
>>69758623
>Some are logical
Faith in completely improvable beliefs is inherently illogical.
>>
>>69760006
>but who knows, science could have been used to come to that conclusion

But anon, literally every star farther than 6000 light years away laughs in the face of a biblical timeline. Unless you're in the camp that says that God, being all powerful and all mighty, said fuck it and moved the light from distant stars to earth just to fuck with us for some reason.

But if you're that far gone there's really no point in continuing this conversation because any verified proof that conflicts with your biblical view would just be waved away with God Magic.
>>
>>69759240
>Yes, but no TRUE Scotsman takes sugar with his porridge!
>>
>>69733066
pic on right is much better. ketchup gets warm on the hot fries. then there's also an element of randomness for how much ketchup is on each fry
>>
>>69760298
"Science could have been used to come to that conclusion."

It was a joke, I said it because that's usually the narrative for theists.
>>
File: 1437699177339.jpg (60 KB, 471x694) Image search: [Google]
1437699177339.jpg
60 KB, 471x694
>>69741287

Id rather listen to the guy that says
>we dont know all the details yet but we are working on it, here's what we think happened and the measurements for why we think that
than the guy that says
>Dont worry, God did it. Thats all, no need to look for answers.

Ever considered that the big bang and God are not mutually exclusive ideas? God could have caused the big bang, but you think you're smarter than top physicists with phds becuase youre a fucktard. Kind of ironic given your starting lines, maybe you should go ahead and save my response as its probably better than any dumb shit you have to say. I love christians but not when you are actively being retarded, please stop, I want to be on your side.
>>
File: Yahweh_Smash.png (18 KB, 585x577) Image search: [Google]
Yahweh_Smash.png
18 KB, 585x577
>>69758725
Yeah see earlier comment about not reading it. Read any book, you won't get far without a clue that it's not all to be taken as both literal and true.

Here's a fun one. Exodus 9:6 has all the livestock of Egypt slain outright. Horses, donkeys, camels, sheep, every single one is dead. In 12:29, the 'firstborns' of all the same livestock were killed, again.

And then go read the story of Samson.
>>
>>69763678
https://answersingenesis.org/contradictions-in-the-bible/livestock-or-deadstock/

The bible isn't consistent and has this constant problem throughout the bible. Even if your claim of me not reading the bible is true, which it is unfortunately not, i still understand when things need to be taken literally and when they are meant to be taken in another context. I find it difficult to agree with your point due to the fact that there's so many ways to interpret the bible....maybe there's a reason why?
>>
>>69738016
>Not eating them plain
It's like you guys don't like to taste your food.
>>
>>69764346

It isn't consistent and any theory of it which implies it should be is therefore false.

I don't see how you think you are disagreeing with me, other than apparently thinking that you magically 'know when things need to be taken literally and when they are meant to be taken in another context' which must be nice - the rest of us have to reason things out very carefully from quite meager clues and keep in mind that we are not omniscient and might be wrong about particular points at particular times.
>>
File: MAX WTF AHAHAH.png (186 KB, 207x354) Image search: [Google]
MAX WTF AHAHAH.png
186 KB, 207x354
>>69760298
>>69760006
>>69759240
>>69732822
>>69733023
>>69741880

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxiEtqPja47nnqsJNrdOIQQ/videos
>>
>>69765401
Great. So, based on what you just told me..

>It isn't consistent and any theory of it which implies it should be is therefore false

..your assumption is that the writing does not have to be entirely consistent, and its writing should be open for interpretation. I said nothing about disagreeing with you completely. Me "magically knowing" when people or writings are being literal or meant to be taken in another context comes from the text or conversation itself. There's clarifying points within a message that give proof of the point being literal or not. Its incredibly simple, but apparently to this text its not.
>>
>>69765824
The Hovind's definitely don't help Christianity's cause. I wonder how he liked prison?
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.