[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can /pol/ fill me in on the life and death of this man? i often
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: jfk1.jpg (20 KB, 435x390) Image search: [Google]
jfk1.jpg
20 KB, 435x390
can /pol/ fill me in on the life and death of this man?

i often hear him referenced as the last great president, the guy who threatened to take down the federal reserve etc etc. and obviously the controversy surrounding the identity and motive of his killer, but i don't really know anything about him and i'm pretty curious.

any recommended literature or documentaries would also be appreciated.
>>
>>69722046
honestly, he was so distracted with pussy he didn't see the bullet coming
>>
>>69722046
Born a Papist, died a Papist. Nothing special.
>>
did the global elite have him whacked because he threatened to expose their secrets/end their control over world finance?
>>
>>69722046
JFK was a weak ass shit who couldn't do anything. He was a pussy president that fucked up the majority of both foreign and domestic affairs.

Read: A Thousand Days by Arthur Schlesinger Jr. and Presidential Power by Richard Neustadt if you don't believe me.
>>
Well ... do you have time? lets say 4 hours?

then here we go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Qt6a-vaNM
>>
Most documentaries about him are sensationalist bullshit. I don't know that much about him but I'll give you some facts to interpret:

>he did urge congress to pass law to pass currency under the silver standard, in a way cutting out the middle man (the federal reserve).

>he was very sickly and promiscuous. He suffered from numerous illnesses, some of them he was born with and others were STDs. He took dozens of pills every day to treat his various illnesses.

>He was killed by a lone gunman. The motivation of that gunman? No one knows for sure.
>>
>>69722666

>666

thanks for the reading tips, satan. can you elaborate any further on your points?

>>69722790

thanks i'll check it out

>>69722834

thanks for the info, fascinating stuff
>>
File: piouhdjsss.png (30 KB, 624x273) Image search: [Google]
piouhdjsss.png
30 KB, 624x273
>>69722790

just a selection of the comments kek
>>
Killed by an autistic, slightly deranged communist sympathizer, who bizarrely wanted to gain favor with the Cubans (and entry into those countries) by killing Kennedy. Nothing suggests it was an inside job, Kennedy was popular among the establishment and was pursuing an aggressive foreign policy.
>>
File: 5832297.jpg (820 KB, 1280x1227) Image search: [Google]
5832297.jpg
820 KB, 1280x1227
PBS made a good documentary about his life around the 50th anniversary of his assassination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP8tsuADZa4

That's the first part.
>>
>>69723033
Sure.
Outlined in the Presidential Power book are two main points as to what Neustadt thinks denotes presidential legislative power (these are professional reputation and public prestige). Kennedy certainly didn't have professional reputation. He was young, and didn't have much time to build his reputation in Congress before running for president. To add to that, any reputation that he might have had was destroyed by the Bay of Pigs incident. His public prestige was something that he did have, but he never used it. He only had a few presidential addresses to the public, and never did anything like FDR (like fireside chats). He fucked up big time with domestic legislation. He spent his whole time in the office clearing a path for the 1964 civil rights bill in the HoR because his power was so weak. Add that to his foreign fuck ups (like in Vietnam), and you have a shitty ass president. The best things that he left behind as a legacy were his handling of the Cuban Missile Crisis, his trip to Berlin, and the Peace Corps.

TL;DR:
JFK was shit. LBJ was better
>>
The only Democrat president that supported the 2nd amendment, and he was killed.
>>
>>69722046
watch the movie focused entirely on his assassination simply titled JFK
>>
>>69724105

thanks anon, interesting subject. what made LBJ so great? who was the greatest prez in history in your opinion?
>>
File: $_12.jpg (40 KB, 370x500) Image search: [Google]
$_12.jpg
40 KB, 370x500
>>69723607

here's a long article about his health problems

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2002/12/the-medical-ordeals-of-jfk/305572/

>Kennedy was taking an extraordinary variety of medications: steroids for his Addison's disease; painkillers for his back; anti-spasmodics for his colitis; antibiotics for urinary-tract infections; antihistamines for allergies; and, on at least one occasion, an anti-psychotic (though only for two days) for a severe mood change that Jackie Kennedy believed had been brought on by the antihistamines.

He was a crippled who was blazed out of his mind and drowning in pussy
>>
File: jfksexy.gif (807 KB, 370x330) Image search: [Google]
jfksexy.gif
807 KB, 370x330
>>69722046
He was truly great.
>>
File: zU1nVKn.jpg (238 KB, 963x1280) Image search: [Google]
zU1nVKn.jpg
238 KB, 963x1280
>>69725131

LBJ and JFK had a weird relationship. JFK's brother absolutely fucking hated Johnson.

Robert Caro is writing a five book bio on LBJ's life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Years_of_Lyndon_Johnson

4 out of 5 books are completed so far. It's a really good series. The last one competed in 2012, "The Passage of Power", was about JFK and Johnson competing in the primaries and JFK's assassination.
>>
>>69725448
He had a bad back because he was injured becoming a World War II hero fighting for his country you stupid fucking loser beta cuck.
>>
Whatever the case may be, LBJ helped fuck up this country in the long-run.
>>
>>69722666
I appreciate the insight, Lucifer.
>>
I read somewhere that he was barely literate and and is the equivalent to the slacker back in high school who occasionally got his shit together.

Felt bad for LBJ though, he suffered because of JFK's presidency. His sec of defense advised LBJ to go to war with Vietnam knowing full well JFK would have withdrawn. Then he decided to half ass the whole thing leading to the stalement.
>>
>>69726707
To be more clear LBJ's Secretary of Defense was appointed by Kennedy, and LBJ kept him (John McNamara)
>>
>>69726477

added to the reading list! i should probably read an idiot's guide to american presidents, if such a thing exists.

>>69726505

he saw combat? i could probably wiki this sort of info but i prefer the conversation :^)

>>69726590

care to elaborate? i've opened up several avenues of interest in this thread

>>69726989

so after kennedy was killed, LBJ got the gig? was he the VP?
>>
>>69727376
>care to elaborate? i've opened up several avenues of interest in this thread

His alterations to the immigration policy, largely.
>>
>>69727376
Yes, LBJ was Kennedy's VP, and then once he finished the rest of JFK's term he ran for president and won. He could have ran one more time but his unpopularity was the whole reason he didn't and health problems played a small part too
>>
>>69726505
Wrong dumbass. Maybe read the article next time?

>Although college football injuries and his Navy mishaps may have contributed to the back pain, the steroids he was most likely taking to control his colitis may have caused the underlying problem. Navy medical records indicate that back surgery Kennedy underwent in 1944 had revealed clear evidence of osteoporosis. The surgeons removed "some abnormally soft disc interspace material" and anticipated additional problems if he continued to suffer bone loss.

He had a bad back before the war. It's why he couldn't join the army and why he had to use his father's influence to bypass a medical exam for the Navy.

He used the PT boat incident as a good cover for all his back problems while he was alive, but his medical records and letters that were released decades later clearly show he had severe issues before that.
>>
>>69727471

holy shit, i didn't know johnson signed in the immigration act, surely that would make present day conservatives hate the guy?

>>69727622

unpopularity because of >>69727471 ?

>>69727626

how do you guys know all this info out of curiosity? do they teach stuff like this in high school?
>>
>>69728264

Some of it. I just think it's an interesting time period.

Every election season people act like the crazy shit candidates say and do is something new. As if American politics have now reached a new low or level of absurdity.

I think people who say that have never read a book about past elections. American politics have always been full of absurd characters and shading dealings.
>>
>>69728264
The Vietnam war. The whole country was in disarray with anti-war protests, the drug counter culture taking hold, civil rights movement, etc. LBJ had originally planned to do a lot of different things then what he turned out doing. He had a plan and called it the "great society" focusing more on the home front. While he did do some of those things, no one remembers him for it (he played a major part in the civil rights movements), they only remember him as the bastard who got us in that useless war.

In fact, many people believe LBJ had something to with JFK's death. People believe LBJ just wanted war but from what I've been researching on LBJ lately, the pentagon and Defense department completely misled him and LBJ might not have even known the Gulf of Tonkin incident (which was the reason we went to war, and had actually never happened) was a lie.

Many historians view his presidency as a Shakespearean tragedy. He started of well but because of his advisers and the circumstances he became one of the most hated presidents during that time.
>>
File: 4760364007_60b269ff81_z.jpg (96 KB, 601x640) Image search: [Google]
4760364007_60b269ff81_z.jpg
96 KB, 601x640
>>69729159

yeah, the current election cycle the first i've ever been fully immersed in, it's got me interested in the history of american politics. do you have a favorite/most interesting president or even election cycle?

>>69729474

of course - the war, another subject i'm lacking in understanding. very fascinating information here guys, thanks for sharing. feel free to elaborate on anything related, i'm trying to expand and learn as much as possible
>>
File: 1390352256296.jpg (696 KB, 2110x3408) Image search: [Google]
1390352256296.jpg
696 KB, 2110x3408
>>69730335

Teddy Roosevelt is my favorite president. I'm not sure what the craziest election cycle is. I am by no means an expert in all of them or even most of them.

I like the JFK-Johnson primaries and JFK-Nixon election because it's modern and shady as fuck.
>>
>>69725131

My thoughts on LBJ are more along the lines of >>69729474

I wouldn't know who the greatest president was/is, but I would say that FDR has a spot among the top. He had those two aspects mentioned earlier, pushed through anything that he wanted (he shut down those who opposed him (i.e. the Supreme Court)), and he handled WWII very well. FDR was leagues above JFK.
What about you though? I'm curious to know which American president a foreigner thinks is the best.
>>
LBJ and Kennedy were the two geniuses who started the placement of niggers on welfare.

Thanks, guys.
>>
>>69727626
>He had a bad back before the war.

Are you seriously this fucking retarded bro?

Please tell me you're playing into the American education meme.

Jesus Christ.

>Navy medical records indicate that back surgery Kennedy underwent in 1944

Yeah when he came back from the Pacific.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy#PT-109
>>
File: lincoln-1.jpg (60 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
lincoln-1.jpg
60 KB, 375x500
>>69731284

what was great about roosevelt?

>>69731370

i have no idea personally, i'm pretty much completely ignorant of the subject. i guess through pop culture references i'd list JFK, FDR, teddy roosevelt and washington as the names that spring to mind as popular presidents, but like i said i have no knowledge to actually form an opinion.

i guess lincoln is pretty revered over here, there is actually a statue of him in manchester city center, close to where i work, something to do with manchester cotton factories standing in soldarity with lincoln against slavery, pic related.

i think bush jr is definitely the least popular, at least with people among my age group. although i've met a few people that are obama fans/root for hillary/claim that the world needs more bernies and corbyns
>>
>>69727626
>Kennedy's military decorations and awards include: the Navy and Marine Corps Medal, Purple Heart Medal, American Defense Service Medal, American Campaign Medal, Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal with three 3⁄16" bronze stars, and the World War II Victory Medal.[1]

Name a more decorated President since JFK.

Protip: YOU CAN'T

>American education

Fuck you're an idiot.

You thought that JFK had back problems before the war because he had back surgery in 1944 AFTER he was fighting in WWII? How fucking stupid can you be?
>>
he was okay, but he's only glorified cuz he was shot
>>
>>69732687

You're a fucking idiot.

He literally failed the physical exam for the army and the navy.

He only got in because of his father's connections.

https://books.google.com/books?id=w3oiOriupLwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=robert+dallek+jfk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjg6rDhjPHLAhUITSYKHaygD_wQ6AEIKjAB#v=onepage&q=navy&f=false

His first serious back injury came when he was playing football in college.

There are letters that he wrote to his father about being worried he won't get accepted into service because of his back.

Maybe actually read a book for once?
>>
>>69732947
>You thought that JFK had back problems before the war because he had back surgery in 1944 AFTER he was fighting in WWII?

That's not what I said. Holy shit how can you be so retarded?

You said he had a bad back because of the war. He clearly had a bad back before that.

The surgery after the war showed evidence of osteoporosis.

YOU DON'T GET THAT FROM A BOAT COLLISION YOU FUCKING RETARD.

The osteoporosis is probably why he fucked it up in football during college before the war and why he couldn't complete physical exams for the army or navy.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.