[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who on /pol/ is actually involved in politics? As in, you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: descartes.jpg (116 KB, 700x437) Image search: [Google]
descartes.jpg
116 KB, 700x437
So who on /pol/ is actually involved in politics?

As in, you volunteer or do it for a living and have done so for some time. You know the names of your city councilors without googling, or at least what ward of your city/town you live in and what state representative represents you.

Also, anyone who doesn't pay attention to local politics, why? You realize they immediately effect you much, much more than whether Trump wins or loses, right?

Can you even name a single state senator in your state without googling? Do you know when your state's budget is passed? How about how it is allotted? You complain all the time about taxes, but do you know even a tiny bit about where they go and who decides how they're spent?
>>
>>69721821
Oh hey, look at that, no one!

This is why I'm not too worried about your views catching on. You have ideas and anger but don't even bother trying to play the game. Short of a violent uprising, you have no chance. which is hilarious, because the US government has hellfire missiles and predator drones.
>>
Bump. Any local /pol/iticians? Or are you all cucks following the shiny lights of the national campaign that you have literally zero measurable influence on?
>>
Screencapping for future threads. This is why you lost the election guiz. It's also why the country you love is slowly moving away from you. You're not actually even playing the game.

Your contribution to the political process is casting a general election vote occasionally. Like millions of others. Your vote on it's own is fucking worthless. You are just another datapoint in a voter database for someone who is actually involved to organize. You have a box next to your name that others check. That's your contribution and influence over how this country is actually run.

And even then, you're one of millions. And if you fuck off, there are others.
>>
I've volunteered for two different political parties, both at the provincial level. Door-knocking, AGMs, leadership votes, conventions, rallies, speakers series, etc.

At the local level, it's actually much more interesting. Your candidate isn't a celebrity getting off a tour bus and speaking for fifteen minutes then doing an interview on CNN. It's a guy who lives two blocks down, who owns a shop down the road, who goes to schools to talk to the kids about the democratic process, who goes to Ottawa (or Edmonton, or Olympia, or Springfield) and then comes back and tells his constituents what happened there.

He's a guy you talk to on the phone once in a while, a guy whose teenaged kids are trouble makers just like yours. Who will shake your hand and, more often than not, will remember your name.

He drives a Honda, wears jeans with a sport coat, and doesn't just appear at speeches, rallies, and conventions, but helps plan and organize them.

That's the benefit of local politics. It's not a cult of personality. It's just a group of equals trying to improve their province.
>>
>>69724244
One last dubs bump? No one on /pol/ is even remotely interested in something political that they actually have power over? Which in turn has way more power than anyone thinks.

You're all giant fucking cucks. Literally. You are told what to pay and when to pay and how to pay and you know nothing about how the money is used or who picks how we use it. You're just giving away money.

Your only involvement is a single vote in the general election. That's all you do, and then you complain without trying to fix anything.

You are a cuck.
>>
>>69724934
and it also effects your life. There are big things that national government does that impact your life, but day to day life is much more at the whim of local politics.

And I agree wholeheartedly about it being more interesting. The thing is, your candidate that you described usually goes on to vote in major things, and by being involved in their elections and process, you can influence those things too.

/pol/ is literally just distracted by the shiny lights of the national campaigns. They might also pay attention every now and then during midterms, but even then not really.
>>
Hey, I'm involved with Nacionālā Apvienība, a right wing nationalistic party.
Though not a lot, but I'm there.
>>
>>69721821
Me and a team of 5 ppl raised money for and got legislation passed to limit campaign finance reform in our state.

It fucked the government up so much they rescinded it in the next session.

>tfw you will never almost bring down the government
>>
>>69725468

That's not just a /pol/ thing. That's an American thing. The election has so many monetary implications for career politicians that it's treated like a business. Everything is a calculated advertisement; a photo-op, an appearance, a well-crafted buzzword. Canada isn't immune to this, but the scale is so much smaller.

Maybe it's because we have a much smaller population. But I've known and met premiers. My grandparents are related to, or neighbours of, MLAs, MPs, and my aunt is related to Jean Chretien. Having real, normal people in positions of power totally changes the dynamic of an election.
>>
File: simpson homer.png (497 KB, 594x598) Image search: [Google]
simpson homer.png
497 KB, 594x598
>>69721821
>>69722664
>>69723394
>>69724244
>>69725097
>>69725468
Actually it's because you come off as a condescending douche. Why would anyone want to talk with you if you clearly think we're imbeciles?

But hey, at least you stroked your own ego and got a few (you)s.

Congrats, champ. You're a real killer
>>
>>69725849

>limit campaign finance reform

Are you a literal corporate oligarch?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.