[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vikings - Redpilled or leftist propaganda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: vikings.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vikings.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
I'd like to know other /pol/ack's interpretation of this show
>>
>>69721442
A good reminder of how degenerate the Scandinavians were.
>>
>>69721442
Neither, its just a good show.
>>
>>69721442
TV is bluepilled by default
>>
>>69721442
It's a little of both.

Although I hear they're gonna start pushing racemixing.
>>
File: 1423243946191.jpg (127 KB, 585x570) Image search: [Google]
1423243946191.jpg
127 KB, 585x570
>>69721442
I studied history in a university which isn't revisionist or cucked. I watched season 1 and couldn't go on. Implementing 21th century ideology in 9th century Scandinavia just ruins all immersion for me. From a historical point of view its pure garbage.

>>69722494
Honestly what do you like about the show? Serious question.
>>
File: kek.jpg (35 KB, 720x664) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
35 KB, 720x664
chick flick
>current year
>watching TV
>>
>>69721442
I'd fuck Lagertha if you know what I mean
>>
>>69721442

There is so, so, so much wrong with how it portrays a lot of things. Stopped watching in season 2.
>>
>>69721442
Anything produced by the History Channel is more than likely Jewified trash.

I watch it mainly for the entertainment value. I don't really care about any historical inaccuracies.
>>
>>69721442

Do not base your political opinions on what goes on the talmudvision. I know, I'm aware that muh stronk womyn, muh noble savage, etc etc is bad. I like watching people kill each other with axes though. As long as you know what's wrong with it, you can enjoy it.
>>
>Watching kike show
>lie about white story

Dont waste ur time
>>
Realistic Vikings, or anybody from that era for that matter, would be way too triggering for today's sensitive youth.

So its modern sensibilities and progressive liberalism masquerading as ancient masculinity

Fuck everything about this show
>>
it's an identity politics driven, social justice waving fantastical leftycuck drama show aimed late teen girls and young adult women, of course it's leftyprop
>>
>>69722789
me the most infuriates like trying make good thieves and murderers which have given nothing to the world but only destroyed and took away someone else's. I too was not able to look further two series, sick of pathos and hypocrisy.
>>
it was so redpilled they had to add a chinese woman, make her talk of the time-correct dynasty and call it enrichment for an all-white show.
The original tales of ragnar say nothing of any chinese , and in those times, it would of been mentioned without fail.
>>
>>69723239
This.

It's fun but it also features magic and gods and fantasy. It's neither propaganda nor red-pilled. Not ALL fictional television is there to shill but barely any of it is redpilled.

I'd suggest if anything it shows you what a bunch of raping pillaging illiterate barbarians who worship another god will do to France and the UK better than the migrant crisis news is right now.
>>
Swedish men went from savages who wouldn't think twice about ripping out a priests throat to pussies who let grown sand niggers fondle their young daughters. Sad.
>>
>>69723887
>The original tales of ragnar say nothing of any chinese , and in those times, it would of been mentioned without fail.

Sounds like they think that just because we've dug up a lot of loot with (near) Asian roots here, it's not far-fetched to say the vikings had intimate contact with (far) Asia. Ridiculous, of course.
>>
>>69722738
They already have, and it's turned Ragnar into a degenerate junkie.
>>
File: 1436109767237.jpg (19 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
1436109767237.jpg
19 KB, 197x256
>>69723669
Vikings have been raiders and conquerors and given the time might makes right so that doesn't bother me but yeah I can get what you mean. They are represented in that particular show as some sort of hero like bad asses which is bullshit.

Its more of the shield maiden thing and how they just take legend and write it out to fit the narrative of what /pol/ considers blue pilled.

It's professional rage for me cause I meet people who watch the show and try to explain to me how this has been reality. I internally go REEEEEE about this shit.
>>
>>69721442
Idiotic drivel. Its a history channel show that doesn't portray history accurately. Its shameful.
In real history, Ragnar was able to pillage so much of Northumbria because his longboats could sail along rivers. The Northumbrians sent heavy cavalry to fight the invaders, but Ragnar simply never engaged them in combat.
In the fucking show the pull some idiotic 300 shield wall shit and light infantry is somehow able to beat heavy cavalry because plot device.
Anyone who likes the show is a slack jawed retard.
>>
Has anyone seen the black viking extra's yet? I've spotted a few. It's hilarious.
>>
>>69722789
Indeed.
>>
>>69721442
>lagertha gets left in charge
>man comes to her seeking justice for being cucked by his wife
>everyone laughs at him
>lagertha tells him to raise his wife's son as his own
that's when i stopped watching
>>
File: great odins raven.jpg (40 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
great odins raven.jpg
40 KB, 640x640
>>69721442

They added some truly ridiculous stuff to the show after the first few seasons, particularly the Chinese girl, but compared to most shows nowadays it's pretty good.

Rollo and Aethulwulf are the best characters now. Bjorn is getting a little better too. Ragnar and Lagertha need to die already, it's getting repetitive.

Also, Torvi is best vikingfu.
>>
>>69724308
>anyone who likes fiction that they know is fiction and is never portrayed to be fact is a slack jawed retard

I bet you don't even like Braveheart faggot. It's fun to see a bunch of barbarians kill shit with axes, it's not a documentary.
>>
>>69724467
There's no way that happened in the show, right?
>>
>>69724793
>kill shit
>television

Pick one
>>
>>69724308
>durrr the vikings never beat cavalary
>hurrr they were the worst warriors of all time don't listen to the lying media

The only slack-jawed retards here are you and people like you in this thread.
At Samford Bridge, for example, shieldwalling, unarmored vikings fucked up English cavalry hardcore - even though they eventually lost, it was because of being tactically outmaneuvered.
>>69724300
You're even more of a fucking retard. Vikings weren't the literally unbeatable warriors people rave about them to be, but they gained a reputation for a reason.
>>
>>69723669
Vikings were very renowned traders in the east, but I'm guessing that a show about a bunch of peddlers would be too boring for TV.
>>
>>69725333
>but they gained a reputation for a reason.
Every time the Vikings met a professional army, they got their shit pushed in. Every single time.
They were only good at killing poorly armed and untrained militias.
>>
>>69725032
watch it

>Months into her pregnancy, Lagertha is once again left alone at Kattegat as Ragnar sailed for England. At this point, Lagertha has become responsible for overseeing varying disputes among the townspeople to maintain order.

>Lagertha's leadership was tested when a man brought his wife with an infant. The man claimed that a young man stayed at their house for three days, and nine months later, his wife gave birth to a child when the couple had went years without conceiving. Upon learning that the visitor's name was Rig, Lagertha demonstrated her knowledge and told them that Rig is another name for their Norse god Heimdallr. She then told the man that he should consider himself blessed that the god chose them, and warns him that if any harm comes to the child or his wife, he will have to answer to her.

http://vikings.wikia.com/wiki/Lagertha
>>
>>69724247
So Viking had contact with asia, but niggers couldn't even get out of Apefrica.
>>
>>69725455
>every time
I want this retarded meme to die. Look at Maldon or anything else with the Saxons - Jorvik and others CONSTANTLY pushed English army's shit in. Many German armies got their shit pushed in later, too. And the French, constantly - like in the later Sieges of Paris.
Wouldn't expect a Viking/Mongol/Russian rape baby to actually bother to verify anything, I guess.
>>
It's a mildly entertaining show, but whoever thinks that it has anything to do with historic accuracy or correct portrayal of vikings is an idiot. There is no proof that Ragnar himself ever existed, and the show is an amalgamation of deeds of viking kings and jarls into an already semi-mythical character.

Good job on them for managing to keep it all-white for three seasons. If we count out the jewess, that is.
>>
File: 1436878618587s.jpg (11 KB, 237x250) Image search: [Google]
1436878618587s.jpg
11 KB, 237x250
>>69725333
>Vikings weren't the literally unbeatable warriors people rave about them to be

Never said that burger, but they still raided and established kingdoms and were renowned as warriors as in the Varangian Guard. All I'm saying is that this fucking show portrays them wrong in so many ways. 9th century Scandinavia wasn't like this for fucks sake.
>>
File: ss (2016-04-02 at 10.54.00).png (719 KB, 494x632) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-02 at 10.54.00).png
719 KB, 494x632
>>69724631
>Helga
>no best vikefu
>liking a woman who thinks she can do a man's job in battle while pregnant

Degenerate

>>69725032

It did and it was fucking retarded, but I kept watching. Just made me dislike Lagertha a lot more.

Basically this guy got cucked and his wife had a child and Lagrtha was like 'this child was conceived by your wife and a man with the same name as one of our gods, so it must have actually been that god and this child is his descendant. If you don't raise your wife's son as your own you'll be killed'

Virgin Mary all over again tbqh

>>69725118

>being this autistic
>>
I herd soon they'll add a muscular black super warrior that all the men fear and respect and all the women lust after.
>>
Don't like how it portrays Saxons, from the same country just 200 years earlier. Made them into gimps
>>
>>69725752
>English army
Literally did not exist until after 1066.
Anglo-Saxon warbands composed of peasant rabble do not an army make.
LEVIES ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL SOLDIERS, THEY'RE CONSCRIPTS WHO MOSTLY NEVER EVEN HELD A SPEAR BEFORE BEING THROWN INTO THE SHIELD WALL
>>
File: french slut & torvi.jpg (42 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
french slut & torvi.jpg
42 KB, 640x640
>>69725863

Torvi's butt game is too strong for Helga.

(They're sisters in real life by the way)
>>
File: 0987.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
0987.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
I like that show. Dont know, why it should be kiked. Its ofc not original nordic, or accurate to the legend of Ragnar, who died by falling into a hole of snakes, but i like it. Shows, that white girls were sluts, even 1300 years ago.
>>
>>69726068
>a feudal army isn't a REAAAAL army

Professional soldiers weren't a thing until the fucking 15th, 16th century. What the hell do you morons describe as a 'real' army? Feudal levy was the standard for a LONG time. When Vikings went up against 15th and 16th century professional armies - oh, wait, that never happened, because they weren't around then.

Jesus christ, mate. You're attacking them for not beating armies that didn't exist at that point in time?
>>
>>69721442
All television shows are redpiled during the first season. Only during the second and so forth do you notice the subtle blue pill.
>>
>>69722789

I really enjoyed the Siege of Paris part. Seeing how Paris looked back then, with a moat and covered bridge as the only entry into the city, is really interesting. I know all the mysticism and sjw shit is nonsense and put in the show for the sole purpose of giving the women something to do while the men are raiding. I enjoy seeing the castles and culture of medieval Europe.
>>
>>69721442
https://radio.therightstuff.biz/2016/03/31/radio-free-skyrim-episode-23-rise-of-wolf-hogan/

59:21 Natt talks about the show Vikings
>>
>>69725792
>There is no proof that Ragnar himself ever existed

The legend is likely made up of several historical personas and some myth thrown in for good measure. This explains why the Icelandic sagas tell of him as Swedish royalty, whereas the Danes later call him Danish (of course). He was not any one person, though we still consider him a semi-factual progenitor of our first royal house which is factually established.
>>
>>69726224
>When Vikings went up against 15th and 16th century professional armies - oh, wait, that never happened, because they weren't around then.
Exactly. They weren't even around then because they were killed off centuries before real warfare began.
"Fabled warrior race" my ass, didn't even live during the biggest wars in Europe.
>>
>it's a "ragnar forgives an enemy only to get stabbed in the back again" episode
>>
>>69725564
>>69725032
I could swear they even said the couple had a threeway and he was just pissed that all of a sudden she was pregnant and was more upset with his own impotence.
>>
>>69726346
>Swede still thinking they had history
lel, I thought anything pre 1986 is forbidden knowledge there.
>>
>>69726346
That's what I meant. Ragnar is an amalgamation of myths, to which the show adds even more myths. Historical accuracy my ass.
Fun to watch, though.
>>
File: IveSeentThing.png (737 KB, 640x587) Image search: [Google]
IveSeentThing.png
737 KB, 640x587
The Chink mates with Ragnar.

This is how the Saami and Finnish races were created.
>>
>>69725863
>>69725564

This is basically cuck ´propaganda, telling men that they should "man up" and raise the children of their wives with other men?
>>
leftist propaganda

shieldmaidens weren't a thing, one or two exceptions shouldn't dictate half the fucking cast
>>
>>69726395
So they're a bad warrior race because even though they were ferocious fighters and noted, incredible warriors for centuries, they weren't facing armies of professional, organized mercenaries?

Is Napoleon also an awful commander in your book because he was shit at WWII-style tactics?
>>
>>69726395
>Exactly. They weren't even around then because they were killed off centuries before real warfare began.

Not to beat on my own drum here, but Sweden had one of the most effective armies in Europe and revolutionized warfare in the late middle-ages. This is in fact part of Estonian history as well, which is why I find it surprising that you would not consider this facet.
>>
>>69724267
Ragnar was never real
>>
File: 1420068563777.jpg (334 KB, 960x731) Image search: [Google]
1420068563777.jpg
334 KB, 960x731
>>69726256
Can't recall that in season 1 so don't know about how the Siege of Paris has been portrayed in the show. Ok you can enjoy it but all I am saying is its hard for me, personally, to enjoy fiction being portrayed as fact.
>>
File: 1436845427303.jpg (789 KB, 2999x1799) Image search: [Google]
1436845427303.jpg
789 KB, 2999x1799
All I wanna know is when is Ragnar going to be likeable again. Current season ragnar and last season ragnar are nowhere near as fun as first and second season ragnar. What gives? Are they just making him suck so when he dies people wont be pissed? Or just taking everything away to build the character back up? I dont even know.

What do you guys think.
>>
>>69726649
>the late middle-ages

Sorry, this will confuse some people. I'm talking about 16th century to 18th century, which isn't really middle-ages anymore.
>>
>>69726659

It's in season 3. The parts when they are in England and France are a lot more history-based than when they are in Scandinavia doing weird pagan magic and seeing spirits.
>>
>>69723669
This, despite their superior skills in navigation and shipbuilding, Scandinavians achieved nothing at all until they stelled down and started acting like the civilized parts of Europe. The glorification of barbarians is annoying as fuck, although it's even more so in documentaries. I saw one which went like this:

>You have probably heard that Huns were barbarians.
>That is absolutely false, people just called them that because they were different.
>Sure, they raped, pillaged and murdered.
>But look at the trinkets they made! Absolutely not barbarians!
>>
File: Arbo-Valkyrien.jpg (823 KB, 1704x2088) Image search: [Google]
Arbo-Valkyrien.jpg
823 KB, 1704x2088
I know little to nothing about Vikings, and I do enjoy the show.
Can someone please explain to me, or show me a list of the things that make this show inaccurate?
I've already noticed the clothing seems to be pretty inaccurate, but as far as the social stuff, religious, etc I have no idea.
>>
>>69726767

He really does fucking suck now. No idea where they are going with this character.
>>
>>69721442
>watching the electric Jew
wew, lad
>>
>>69726767
>>69726767
Guess he will die. The actor of ragnar, Travis Fimmel is the main-actor in the warcraft movie. No chance, that he stood for all the 20 episodes of season 4.
>>
>>69726649
Didn't Swedes push east, very successfully, while the Norwegians and Danes got their shit pushed in?
I mean Rjurik, the founder of Russia, was from Sweden after all.

Swedes were the creme de la creme of the Scandinavian world and were the best rulers in local history. Norwegians were poor fishermen up until the 20th century and nobody can understand the Danes.
>>
>>69726767
>All I wanna know is when is Ragnar going to be likeable again.
Never. He's a drug addict cuck now.
>>
File: roman-army-testudo-formation.jpg (172 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
roman-army-testudo-formation.jpg
172 KB, 1024x768
>>69726224
>Professional soldiers weren't a thing until the fucking 15th, 16th century.

This will come as a surprise to the Legions of Rome, not to mention Alexander the Great's army... and more than a few others.
>>
>>69726646
Napoleon was pretty shit because he didn't use tanks, yeah. Patton would kick Napoleon's ass any day of the week.
>>
>>69726905
>>69725344
they were assholes ... it was just lucky that the neighbors did not have enough fleet and a desire to freeze eggs catching them.
>>
File: ragnar lol.jpg (37 KB, 348x422) Image search: [Google]
ragnar lol.jpg
37 KB, 348x422
>>69722789
>Honestly what do you like about the show? Serious question.
I like the main theme and most of the characters and the costumes, armor, boats, weapons etc are also quite good for being a TV show. I am no expert but i am interested in stuff and when i see shit that doesn't make any sense at all it ruins it for me. So far the only thing that really ticked my autism is the huge gaps in the doors and walls of the viking houses and when the main characters leave the shield wall to go solo fight some one but i know that is because of cinematics and character development so i can handle it.
>>
>>69727046
After the Fall of Rome you moron. We're talking the Viking Age here - 9th century - 12th.
>>
File: 1439310899048.jpg (67 KB, 428x599) Image search: [Google]
1439310899048.jpg
67 KB, 428x599
it's a show for nu males.
It is incredibly historically innacurate, painting the English as dark haired Christians and the vikings as blonde haired pagans when in reality on the nobles in England were Christians, and the Anglo Saxons had and still have blonde or red hair.

It's jewish divide and conquer bullshit;anyone who watches it is a degenerate and should learn some real history, read some books about hereward the wake or arminius or some good historical figures.
>>
>>69726624

They're trying to be more "legendary" by infusing the story with the sagas and stories, not go full on historical record.

That's why they've smashed a long period of history into basically a single generation, it would take too long otherwise. Not to mention it would be rather boring.

They're not trying to make a documentary, they're making a seasonal show with a lot of creative room (although I'll admit some of the creative decisions are pretty awful, like the Chinese slave).
>>
File: 1310337988682.jpg (46 KB, 235x335) Image search: [Google]
1310337988682.jpg
46 KB, 235x335
Even Japan would make it more historically accurate at this point.
>>
File: 1428318505144.jpg (54 KB, 420x331) Image search: [Google]
1428318505144.jpg
54 KB, 420x331
>>69727108
Costumes and Armour are incredibly unrealistic and shit for a TV show, go fuck yourself. it's heavy metal leather clothing and studded shitty leather, which never existed in Northern Europe you dumb cuck. Learn your fucking history for once, cuck
>>
>>69726907
>things that make this show inaccurate
Literally everything.
Imagine a blind sculptor who wants to create a statue of a human being despite having never seen one. You'll get a good idea of the show's director.
>>
>>69727191

Their "Floki" is probably the Floki of legend to discover Iceland which I believe happened well after Ragnar's death.
>>
>>69723669
>me the most infuriates like trying make good thieves and murderers which have given nothing to the world but only destroyed and took away someone else's.
They founded your country though.

t. Rurik
>>
Were Vikings OK with their wives sleeping with other men, in real life? Was Sweden always that progressive? Where did they get their bulls?
>>
File: 1438923407267.jpg (987 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1438923407267.jpg
987 KB, 1920x1080
>>69726937
>>69726965
>>69727008

Yeah they're just really writing him down hill, purposefully.

I fully expect him to die since thats how the legends go but I was expecting it to be with him being his entertainingly smug self, instead he's this sad droopy coked out loon that I'm actually hoping will die here soon.
>>
>>69727000
>Didn't Swedes push east, very successfully, while the Norwegians and Danes got their shit pushed in?

Not exactly. Swedes went both westwards, eastwards, and southwards, as the rune stones here attest. Likely mainly eastwards and southwards, though. Stuff like the great heathen army was comprised of all three, though likely mainly by Danes. And again, Björn Ironside is considered Swedish by most. There are a lot of things about this period that are unclear, to say the least.
>>
>>69727118

What're you talking about man? Most of the Saxon characters have brown or blondish hair, the only exceptions being Judith, pissfu, and Aella.

The ones with overwhelmingly black hair have all been in the Frankish portions of the story.
>>
>>69727302
People keep saying stuff like this, but it doesn't help at all.
I'm asking for examples, comparing the show to historical fact.
>>
File: 1436109370169.jpg (185 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
1436109370169.jpg
185 KB, 1024x680
>>69726889
Maybe some redeeming factor but I sure as fuck won't start wasting my time on this show. Sometimes I envy people who can just enjoy the movie/series without being "triggered".

>>69727108
I like the main theme as well but at start of season 2 it was too much. Most of the times its just too much for me. I don't look for 100% historical accuracy in a show/movie but this is too much which comes surprisingly since your flag says Sweden. I would have guessed you knew your own countries history a bit better then me who is not an expert by any means on Nordic history yet still has studied enough to call bullshit on whats going on that show.
>>
It was boring as shit
>>
>>69727429
>as the rune stones here attest.

There's a Wikipedia page if you want to read them, by the way:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_runestones
>>
File: ss (2016-04-03 at 12.19.57).jpg (123 KB, 582x738) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-03 at 12.19.57).jpg
123 KB, 582x738
>Is HBO kike-funded leftist brainwashing?

It's 2016 man, do you really not know the answer?
>>
File: alyssasutherland_001.jpg (171 KB, 700x889) Image search: [Google]
alyssasutherland_001.jpg
171 KB, 700x889
>>69725863

Lagertha was a beast of a woman in real life. She was very tall and very fast and was renowned for being a flanker in battle.

But yeah I'd totally rather marry Aslaug or Helga
>>
>>69727645
>vikings
>Sweden

Top kek
>>
>>69727645
I'm going to report you for saving private images of brazilians in their homes
>>
>>69727118
What makes you think that some Anglo Saxons didn't have brown hair? Also they had also integrated with the Celtic tribes by the time of Christianisation.
>>
File: 1441491366131.png (3 MB, 1832x1754) Image search: [Google]
1441491366131.png
3 MB, 1832x1754
>>69727547
I've only watched the shitty beach battle and they are protrayed with dark or brown hair.

The Anglo Saxons had BLONDE hair or RED hair.

they are also portrayed as christians which is untrue. it's a show for nu males, so stop watching it you cuck.
>>
File: its_magic.jpg (79 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
its_magic.jpg
79 KB, 720x479
>chinese girl becomes Ragnar's lover
>she slowly turns him into a dope addict with opium
>his life starts to spiral out of control
>meanwhile his brother Rollo who chose to mate with a French european girl
>Rollo's life appears to be on the up and up
>he is now a Duke, commands respect, and is about to conquer Europe
redpilled as fuck imo desu senpai
>>
>>69727760
kill yourself
>>
File: 1425812338672.jpg (144 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1425812338672.jpg
144 KB, 500x333
>>69727801
>>
>>69727645
it triggers me they dont wear any armor or helmets whatsoever and that their costumes look like shit.
oh and the
>muh strong female warriors
>>
>>69722789
disgusted Bulgarian badger is disgusted.

this was pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MYxtpGxGJI

manly man, doing manly man shit.
>>
>>69727763
More like cuckings amirite
>>
File: kath.jpg (229 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
kath.jpg
229 KB, 1280x1707
Just beeing objectiv, Katheryn Winnick is hot as fuck. Who would betray this women? I mean okay, shes white and nordic, she would betray you.
>>
>>69727249
you're a fag
>>
>>69727842
Were you dropped on your head as a baby?
>>
>>69727842
>I've only watched one scene but Here's my opinion

Dropped

Listen to yourself faggot
>>
File: axeman.jpg (24 KB, 250x527) Image search: [Google]
axeman.jpg
24 KB, 250x527
>>69727108
The show fall for the common misconception that everyone in barbarian societies were hardcore bdsm-enthusiasts and walked around wearing leather all day. In reality males northmen dressed something along the lines of the picture.
>>
>>69728052
she is slavic
>>
>>69727969
>it triggers me they dont wear any armor or helmets

Helmets weren't that common, you know. There has only been one viking age helmet found, and one vendel era helmet found (proto-vikings).
>>
File: 1451321818516.jpg (83 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
1451321818516.jpg
83 KB, 400x543
>>69728056
t. i don't know any history

>>69728147
>>69728155
why the fuck would I want to watch a nu male show like that?

go outside, go camping, and don't be a nu male who stays indoors and watches shows designed for cucks and children,faggot
>>
File: kalllo.png (37 KB, 140x116) Image search: [Google]
kalllo.png
37 KB, 140x116
>>69727842

>B-but the half paki-skinhead in my local pub said, that all vikings were blonde.....

You stupid anglo scumfuck.
>>
>>69728295
Read my comment again
>>
>>69727000
Swedes occupied parts of Russia before they were chased out by Slavs, Finn and Balt tribes. Then the tribes started interfighting again and thats where the "Invitation of the Rus' " comes from. They got assimilated extremely quickly after.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 1024x576
>>69728052
she fucked that british king eww
>>
File: 1423514090656.jpg (61 KB, 380x440) Image search: [Google]
1423514090656.jpg
61 KB, 380x440
>>69727969
>>muh strong female warriors
God don't get me started, I am gonna abandon this thread and go to sleep now.
>>69728032
Gladiator is one of my guilty pleasures. Its so historically inaccurate but yet so good at the same time its embarrassing.

Here have a last animal reaction pic before I go and remember to keep historical movies/shows as accurate as possible whenever you can or otherwise the jews win.

GN
>>
>>69726767
he is getting old, combine this with his wounds and you will see that there is a reason why he isn't as he used to be.
and yeah now he is also a drug addict.
>>
>>69726567
Yep.

There is also the prince of Wessex who got cucked by a monk and is being forced by his father into raising the child.

His dad is also sexing his wife whenever he is away.
>>
>>69727354
>t. Rurik
>moron who were more fortunate than others
>>
>>69728295
you're still a massive faggot
>>
>>69728295
If you profess to do these things then why are you on 4chan? You silly cunt.
>>
>>69728272
there hasnt been found many lorica segmentatas either and yet everyone pretty much agrees that was the main roman armor. but I get your point, all I am asking give the mail armor and helmets at to some vhigh ranking viking like ragnar.
>>
so this is what /pol/ is

bunch of numale faggots watching cuck tv shows
>>
>>69727108
Forgot to add in
>>69728202
that people generally like colours, and the lack of colour variance in the northmens clothes is really disappointing.
>>
>>69728597

Yes, men of higher status would surely be wearing helmets and better armour. They would also be wielding swords, not axes, for sure.
>>
File: EestiFemDomHygiene.gif (2 MB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
EestiFemDomHygiene.gif
2 MB, 700x393
>>69728598

I watch Saladused on Kanal 2's website all the time.
>>
80th for Queen Kwenthrith
>>
File: 707407.jpg (241 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
707407.jpg
241 KB, 666x1000
>>69721442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmL-wO-Q6Hk
>>
>>69727249
>cuck cuck cuck cuck
>it's heavy metal leather clothing and studded shitty leather, which never existed in Northern Europe you dumb cuck.
Yeah, its not like the vikings traded with any one or took gear from people they killed or anything.

So get fucked you gunless serf piece of shit and stop writing rude shit on the internet before the police comes and takes you.
T
H
I
N
K

>>69727645
>I would have guessed you knew your own countries history a bit better then me who is not an expert by any means on Nordic history yet still has studied enough to call bullshit on whats going on that show.
Who the fuck cares? I all ready read and re read all the stories its based on long before they even started to make the show. All i want is a show where people kill each other with axes without having to look at retarded fantasy swords, shoulder guards being worn on the wrong side, a retarded amount of fire.

>muuh its not 100% accurate
No shit, its on the electric fucking jew.
>>
>>69721442
This show is literally filled to the brim with cucks for some reason. In one the episodes in the first season one guy is forced to raise his wife's bastard son, Ragnar invites Athelstan for a threesome, which he declines, you got the English king whose lets his daughter-in-law cuck his son and heir with Athelstan and then himself, Floki invites his friend to a threesome with his wife, Aslaug cucks Ragnar with this hobo-god guy who then proceeds to cuck half of Kattegat's men when they are out trying to raid Paris last episode, Erlendur, king Horik's son raises a child that isn't his and then of course gets cucked by Bjorn and I believe last there's that French guy who lets his sister/lover fuck Count Odo, some nobleman, so he can spy on his ass.

They should just rename this show Vicucks, Game of Thrones doesn't have shit on this show.
>>
>>69728806
go fuck yourself
>>
File: 9876.jpg (239 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
9876.jpg
239 KB, 666x1000
>>69728849

Saw this trailer month ago and im impressed. Will this movie just appear in russian, or maybe in english, too? Never saw a better trailer.
>>
>>69728428

лeкa , бpaт
>>
>>69728956
Sa oled väga lahke.
>>
>>69728953
theyre scandnavians what do you expect
>>
>>69724267
I would consider that a red pill
>>
>>69728849
>>69729040
>pathos shit
>>
>>69728953
>Kattegat

This is probably the stupidest thing in the entire show. Fucking geography.

Kattegat is the straight between Sweden and Denmark. A broadly geographical feature, named so for how you navigate it by ship. Flat terrrain to the west in Denmark, somewhat rocky terrain to the east in Sweden. Yet, it's apparently a viking settlement in some western Norwegian fjord (quite far). Plus, apparently Uppsala is also on some mountaintop forest (it's actually in a pretty open plain).

Anyway, this epitomizes how willing the show runners are to sacrifice basic accuracy.
>>
File: ecbert.jpg (257 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
ecbert.jpg
257 KB, 1600x1066
>>69728953

Vikings is more like Cucksader Kings 2 than Game of Thrones to be honest.

Also, Ecbert is as swag as fuck so of course he is going to cuck everyone in the general vicinity.
>>
>>69729768
>swag as fuck
>waifushitposting
>tv memery
>vikings apologist
>underage
>reddit lingo
just kill yourself, son
>>
>>69729768
>Swag as fuck
>Can't satisfy the whore of Mercia

pick one
>>
>>69729768

Go to bed, kiddo.
>>
>>69729768
Defo the most based character in the show tbf
>>
>>69730086
Ära muretse.
>>
>>69729499
Ye, I am just annoyed that none of these cunts have been dealt with already, Athelwulf was this close to killing the whore when his deadbeat father decided his bloodline and dynasty can all get fucked and instead made the whore a strong independent woman who don't need no man, fuck her in the ass while conquering kingdoms himself and letting his cuck son put on a monk garb and take his bastard to Rome.

The least Athelwulf can do no is just murder his father and wife and take over with the Mercian slutqueen
>>
>>69729702
So you're ok with Vikings speaking English, but you're bitching about geography?
>>
>>69730509
>The least Athelwulf can do no is just murder his father and wife and take over with the Mercian slutqueen
I want to see this.
>>
>>69730610
>So you're ok with Vikings speaking English, but you're bitching about geography?

It would be a bit funny if they spoke English with Nordic accents. But understanding the spoken language is quite a bit of the film experience. Having them all speaking old norse which only Icelanders can interpret would be pretty stupid. Proper geographic representation is doable on the other hand.
>>
>>69725333
Huh.

That actually put a bunch of shit into context for me that I never bothered looking up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQtx8JzJqw4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAD7w1C_gU0
>>
>>69730167
The entire population of Britain at the time probably couldn't satisfy that skank.
>>
>>69730610
>So you're ok with Vikings speaking English

They do attempt to speak Old Norse every once in a while. It's hilarious actually, because half of them do it awfully and without any consistency in pronunciation. At least some of them have studied up on it. Yes, I can tell and I understand most of it by listening (I know a fair bit of Icelandic, which helps).

And yes, I'm going to bitch about geography. It's stupid and inexcusable. These areas are very different, and the names make no sense. It's as if you decided to shoot a cowboy flick and called the town in which it takes place "Gulf of Mexico".
>>
File: rektmaiden.webm (1 MB, 558x416) Image search: [Google]
rektmaiden.webm
1 MB, 558x416
>>69730086

I'm not defending it as a great show, it's an average to above-average show in my opinion, more enjoyable than most out there currently.

I'm simply defending it against people who obviously haven't watched it at all, or who have no understanding of why the show has a bunch of different historical figures condensed into a single character's lifetime, or why they took a more fantastical route with the story by including the whole shield-maiden nonsense.

As for the rest, I've never been to reddit, and I'm definitely not underage. Other than that you're right, I do like me some tv memes and waifus.
>>
The show has gone to shit in season four.
>>
>>69730815
>It would be a bit funny if they spoke English with Nordic accents

They try some half-assed interpretation of a broadly Scandinavian accent, most of the time. Haven't you noticed?
>>
>>69731064
Britfag on holiday?
>>
File: ROLLO.jpg (265 KB, 807x453) Image search: [Google]
ROLLO.jpg
265 KB, 807x453
This man trigger the Swedes
>>
>>69731405
bend over slave lol
>>
>>69731113
It seems that they use the norse or other languages based on which language would be spoken the most in a given scene.

If the majority of lines are by the Vikings then their lines are in modern English and anyone else speaks their language, Old English, French or whatever.

But if the English have the most lines, then their lines are in modern English, and the Vikings speak in Norse, and so on
>>
>>69726518
Finland is haplogroup N1c1 majority. In fact Finns have more of it than Saamis.
>>
>>69721442
>Vikings are white, ahistorical

Propaganda, 100%
>>
File: moonman.png (377 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
moonman.png
377 KB, 498x497
>>69722789
>>69721442
I haven't seen this show. What about it makes it redpilled or leftist propaganda?
>>
>>69731470
Kas tõesti!!!
>>
>>69731556
>Finland is haplogroup N1c1 majority.

Is that what causes the kind of autism that makes one a haplogroup scholar?
>>
>>69731405
HE BETRAYED HIS OWN KIND!
>>
>>69721594
(You)
>>
File: harro.png (174 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
harro.png
174 KB, 500x267
>>69731556
We've also got finchinks trying to pass as indo-europeans in the show
>>
>>69723669

>which have given nothing to the world

I agree. Incidentally, Russia was founded by the "Rus," a name for Swedish vikings who became the early ruling class.
>>
>>69728597
it depended on the area of the world a legion was stationed in if they wore segmentatas or chainmail
>>
>>69731368
Nah.
>>
For historical accuracy this show is trash tier.

For entertainment value it's pretty good.

They've made Ragnar into a fucking retard in this season though, seriously what the fuck is this degenerate junky piece of shit and where is Ragnar.
>>
>>69732444
I think Athelstan's death broke him.
>>
>>69731667
Even if we consider that dingbat theory legit, we have to at least follow some rudimentary logic which is that it would have been male-mediated from the east..
>>69731926
We are more Indo-European than you, lel.
>>
Doesn't Ragnar die right after the siege in Paris because of his wounds according to historical accounts?
>>
>>69732788
No, King Aelle, the fat fuck king in England in the show, throws him in a pit of snakes and then Ragnar's sons invade England and fuck shit up.
>>
>>69732788
Nah, he was tossed into a snake pit by king Aele iirc.

'How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered"
>>
File: varg.jpg (11 KB, 320x350) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
11 KB, 320x350
>>69731579

It's about 50/50. I can't really explain everything in one post. You just have to watch it and decide for yourself.

You'll be able to spot the ridiculous leftist inclusions easily, or stupid creative decisions (mostly in the last 2 seasons), they're not very covert about it.

Overall it's a fun show, but the history is all over the damn place. The main reason is that they're trying to reduce everything about "Vikings" and the legends into one (or two) character's lifetime.

>>69731926

That guy on the right must be Varg's doppelganger. Similar case for Haraldr, he looks like a bargain bin Sean Bean.
>>
>>69732788
he dies in a pit of snakes
>>
>>69722789
>I studied history in a university which isn't revisionist or cucked.

Where is this place?

Serious question.
>>
>>69721442
>Redpilled or leftist propaganda
Bits of both. You can't unjew hollywood, it will always have leftist shit in it. The portrayal of shield maidens for example. Complete disconnection from factual reality.
>>
I have read there is two different stories. One is he dies in a snake pit and another is he dies from wounds suffered during the siege.
>>
File: pit.jpg (478 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pit.jpg
478 KB, 1280x720
>>69732788

Nah, he's going into the pit.

There's a reason why they showed it during the first season.
>>
>>69721442
Was it normal for female Vikings to fight in battles?

Was there a historical record of Chinese Viking?
>>
>>69721442
If there is a single nigger, its.leftist.
>>
>>69733310
>Was it normal for female Vikings to fight in battles?

No.

>Was there a historical record of Chinese Viking?

Fuck no.
>>
>>69732979
>You'll be able to spot the ridiculous leftist inclusions easily, or stupid creative decisions (mostly in the last 2 seasons), they're not very covert about it.

Can you just give me a tldr? What specifically is there? black vikings? feminist shit?
>>
>>69721442
seems like they try a bit too hard to act like "vikings" when they could focus on their primitive living conditions just as much as the "viking" culture and it would be even more interesting/entertaining.
>>
I like it but I couldn't help at laugh at some of the stuff this season. "My father is the Emperor of China!"
>>
>>69728586

He's just browsing /pol/ for a bit before going out into his backyard to eat grubs like a REAL man.
>>
It runs everything into the dirt. Christians, Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, runs it all into the dirt. Hollywood blockbuster whoohoo action scenes, plot development based on elementary barbarism and emotional hoorah bullshit, "I talk in simplistic poetic-like speech with an accent while widening my eyes and bobbing my head back and forth patronizingly" (floki, Ragnar) the show is so fucking stupid it makes me sick. Rollo's mannerisms are ok but makes stupid decision after stupid decision. Fuck that show
>>
>>69721442

Vikings were literally snow dindus

I don't know why are they idolized here
>>
>>69727645
Waste some time on The Last Kingdom. Plays on the opposite perspective, with Alfred the Great making his humble beginnings, fairly interesting characters, incredibly goo d first episode drew me in.
>>
>>69733420
Chink slave out of nowhere.
Literal cucking all over the place.
Muh stronk womyn meme all over as well.

No black vikings at least
>>
>>69733408
>implying that the original swedes weren't black women
I think you need to spend some time in a reeducation camp, Sven.
>>
>>69733714
well, they certainly had agriculture like every other relevant people, but they supplemented it with raiding southerners mostly.

seems a good way to prosperity, but if they were better farmers maybe they wouldn't have needed to be raiding niggers
>>
>>69733310
>Was there a historical record of Chinese Viking?
No, she is just there for the diversity goy, be happy they havent shoehorned a pack of niggers in the show (yet)

>Was it normal for female Vikings to fight in battles?
I believe there were only a handful of isolated incidents in which women were shown to have fought in combat. I suppose it was ok when it was just Lagertha that was coming along, the fact that the fucking army in the last episodes was filled to the brim with women is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>69733751
>No black vikings at least

Just you wait. Many vikings sailed to the Mediterranean, and I'll bet you anything that they can conjure up a black viking out of that. Season 5 I bet.
>>
>>69733833
>seems a good way to prosperity, but if they were better farmers maybe they wouldn't have needed to be raiding niggers

The incentive to raid wasn't to survive, it was to prosper and to rule.

It was only much later that migration happened, and not really with any kind of force or drama. Just plain old "the fuck outta here".
>>
>>69733751
>Literal cucking all over the place

What kind of cucking? interracial?
>>
>>69727000
The Norwegians founded their own dukedom in Normandy and had a kingdoms in Scotland and Ireland. So for a while they were pretty successful at least.
>>
Are south Italians pure aryans since vikings ruled southern Italy for about a hundred years?
>>
>>69721442
Tries to Normalize cucking to their (assumed) demographic of self-respecting Europeans.
> Leftist propaganda
Gives hints at ramifications of pussyfied French (king charlamiain in this installment) giving in to the demands of foreign invaders (the Normans who later invaded the UK are from Rollos new lands)
> Red-pilled
>>
>>69733899
I can see it now.

>After the death of his father last season, Bjorn sets out to conquer Rome, as he sails through the Mediterranean he meets up with peaceful, advanced muslims who teach him about spaceflight and telekinetic powers.

>>69734019
Second season a married couple come to the mc's wife (who is in charge of the village while he is away) The man claims that his wife was unfaithful and had a child and she tells him to raise the child anyway.

The prince of wessex gets cucked and the king forces him to take care of it as well.

The mc's current wife is cucking him with some guy whenever he leaves.
>>
>>69734019
Nah, the only non-white is some Asian woman. To sum it up, like 90% of married couples in the show are unfaithful in some form, sometimes with men inviting other men to fuck their wife, wives fucking other men by themselves and men fucking other women, usually because their wives cucked them.
>>
>>69733016
Bulgaria.
>>
File: 50shadesofodo.jpg (37 KB, 1164x720) Image search: [Google]
50shadesofodo.jpg
37 KB, 1164x720
>>69733420

No blacks that I've seen.

They just have a bunch of cuckoldry and needless sex-related stuff (like random BDSM master Odo in seasons 3 and 4) because they're trying to be like Game of Thrones.

They also include shield-maidens in the show as well, because it was in some of the legends (not necessarily reality) and they want to push that narrative. On the upside, the shield-maidens routinely get their asses kicked so it's not that big of a deal.

The worst offense is in the latest season where Queen Ayylmao buys a Chinese slave from some slavers who ends up saying she is the Emperors daughter or turns Ragnar into a druggie.

In my opinion, it's about 90% enjoyable show and 10% garbage in the first 2 seasons, then 85/15 in season 3 and 75/25 in season 4. Hopefully they turn it around soon.
>>
>>69728849
I'll be pissed if this doesn't have the length of an Andrei Tarkovsky film.
>>
>>69734455
>>69734380
Is the cucking part of the feminist shit? Something to do with women being independent?
>>
>>69732695
You really aren't though are you Genghis?
>>
>>69721442
i never understood why he was called "Loki" in the first few episodes, and then they started calling him "Floki"
>>
>>69726068
>>English army
>Literally did not exist until after 1066.
It's like spot the fucking retard

You have the entire internet at your fingertips and you still can't verify what you're saying before you say it.
>>
>>69734712
There is one character who went full-on stronk independent woman, other then that, especially in this last season they seem to have diversified the absolute fuck out of the Viking military with a absolute shitton of female Vikings running around and getting killed all the time.
>>
>>69726567
This is taken out of context.

The guy had a two sausage threesome with his wife and then Lagertha makes fun of him for being a fag and tells him that if he's going to have threesomes he deserves to get cucked
>>
>>69734712
Yeah, men who want to punish/divorce their unfaithful wives are shit while women who do the same are strong liberated role models.

Also female warriors all over, the princes wife from >>69734380 is getting taught lessons usually reserved for men because feminism. A few other things show up as well.
>>
>>69734712
Yes, women sleeping around and everyone being super accepting of it.
>>
File: 1441656400360.jpg (513 KB, 452x624) Image search: [Google]
1441656400360.jpg
513 KB, 452x624
>>69725455
One word. Danelaw. The Vikings literally conquered half of England under Ragnar Lothbrok's son, Ivar the Boneless. And again, 200 years later, conquered the entire British isles under the Normans, descendants of the Viking colony in Normandy established by Ragnar's brother, Rollo from the show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danelaw
>>
File: Machine-Gun-Shoots-87939.gif (286 KB, 435x290) Image search: [Google]
Machine-Gun-Shoots-87939.gif
286 KB, 435x290
>>69735087
>>69734998
>>69735099

series sounds like feminist propaganda Tbh. not even worth watching. fucking sjws are ruining everything reee
>>
File: 34hubep.jpg (16 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
34hubep.jpg
16 KB, 624x352
What I don't understand is why you faggots like this show over a masterpiece like Rome.
>>
>>69735323
Rome was good ye but it's old as fuck now and there were only 2 seasons.
>>
>>69726256
>I know all the mysticism and sjw shit is nonsense and put in the show for the sole purpose of giving the women something to do while the men are raiding.
It's a legitimate way to portray the cultural legends of the Nords fictionally. Would you prefer a Troy, i.e. the Iliad with no gods. Bluepilled garbage.
>>
File: vorenus.gif (97 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
vorenus.gif
97 KB, 600x399
>>69735323
I loved that series. If they made it in 2016 it would be shit tho. They'd probably fill it with nigger legionaries and vorenus getting cucked by a nubian slave or something shit like that
>>
so you think a show with enormous amounts of murder and rape is leftist?
>>
>>69724308
The thing I hate about the show is the anglo-saxons armour and the cavalry.

They fought in a fucking Shieldhall same as the vikings ffs.
>>
>>69735527
I sincerely with every Fiber of my being hope that lefty SJW garbage TV never touches the Illiad or any Greek epochs for that matter.
>>
>>69727096
please study more English.
>>
>>69735442
>>69735323
FYI Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus are actually mentioned in Caesar's Annals of his Gaulish conquests.
>>
It's getting good so far, vikings getting divided, most of them will probably fall to the wrath or rolo's and becomes christians.

ragnar will probably fuck the mongol woman and move to canada, which makes the first north american native tribe and he becomes a shaman.
>>
>>69735702
yup and they died there IIRC

as heroes though.
>>
>>69735634
It is if the ones murdering and being killed are white and rapists are white and killed as punishment whenever they are found out.
>>
Anti-christian propaganda. Absolutely disformed history showing based vikings against degenerated and corrupted christians. Very hard to believe situations for redpilled people.
>>
>>69735702
Well ye, they were, basically only the first scene when they fight the Nervi in the series is somewhat historically accurate, the rest is made-up, not that I really minded it though, it was a good show.
>>
>>69734569
thanks again for the AK parts your ancestors worked in Soviet sweatshops to make, Bulgaria
>>
>>69723046
Except it is not produced by the History Channel.
>>
>>69735669
Imagine them casting every single last one as dindu, or worse introducing black Egyptians all over the place teaching the Greeks who can barely build mud huts.
>>
>>69735957
The vikings win only like half the time and are just, if not more degenerate then the Christians
>>
File: 1451354598375.jpg (20 KB, 493x387) Image search: [Google]
1451354598375.jpg
20 KB, 493x387
Am I on tumblr? Look at /pol/ overreacting at events in a TV show as if actually matters.
>>
>>69736092
Yep, they'll make achilles, Ajax and every Greek hero black and make the troyans white so evil whitey gets destroyed.
>>
>that guy that spergs out about how "IT'S NOT ACCURATE TO THE HISTORY!" any time you mention any 'historical' drama
You know everyone thinks you're a tryhard faggot right? We don't watch it for a history lesson.
>>
>>69736067

Canadians are probably worse than jews.
>>
memeshow, leftist propganda, king aella captures ragnar and tosses him in that pit of snakes that was shown in season 1 where he dies, rollo moves to france, preaches the strong independent womyn rhetoric and homosexuality and cuckoldry and other degeneracy, historically inaccurate costumes.
>>
>>69724267
Ragnar Lothbrok Wasn't a degenerate so much as he liked to fuck and cared little for what it is he put his dick in
>>69726654
Considering everything we know about the vikings more or less comes from the Edda's and he has his own written poems in them as well as being referred to by multiple other contributers to sed poems and several of his children having been proven to be real I can confidently say you're full of shit
>>
>>69721442
too many feminists bullshits but it's okay atleast based Rollo was here to teach them where they belong
>>
File: 1449730082437.jpg (7 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
1449730082437.jpg
7 KB, 230x219
>tfw you will never have goddess lagertha ride your dick
>>
>>69723669
What's the matter Russicuck? Still buttblasted that their first few hundred years were spent killing you?
If I remember correctly Russians also subscribed to the exact same way of life as they did so you're just being a hypocrite
>>
File: Vasarakirves.jpg (491 KB, 1419x534) Image search: [Google]
Vasarakirves.jpg
491 KB, 1419x534
>>69734925
It only makes sense that we are, since Indo-Europeans (Yamna / Corded Ware) were essentially proto-Eastern Europeans and Baltic people are the closest to them.

Actually, it would be Sardinians who are the least Indo-European in Europe since they are essentially Neolithic remnants who adopted a Roman language.
>>
>>69724247
>Ridiculous, of course.
There are ancient routes to Asia from Europe that far predate the silk road so scoffing at the idea of Vikings having any contact with asians is quite retarded and close minded of you.
>>
>>69723926
>it also features magic
Precognition has still yet to be explained in the modern age therefore calling it magic is retarded
>>
>>69733747
Scandinavia was the last European civilization to be Christianized, they had polytheistic religion that embodied western virtues, common law, things that survived in European culture even til today. Do your research faggot
>>
>>69721442
It's not political. Even with the historical inaccuracy it is a great show.

>Vikings
>Pirates
Why are they not milking this so much more?

Any Viking/Pirate film/series recommendation? Besides Vikings and Black Sails?
>>
>>69724308
>and light infantry is somehow able to beat heavy cavalry
There wasn't even 20 mounted units you faggot
Holy shit you're an autist
>>
>>69736804
Don't tell other people to do their research when you haven't done so yourself, the Baltic nations were the last to be Christianized centuries after the Scandinavians converted.
>>
>>69727000

>Le Estland
What have you contributed to the world other than being the retarded cousin of Finland?
>>
>>69723669
>Bringing good beautiful genes to half of Europe by rape
>Doing nothing good
>>
>>69724631
>Rollo
>Best
Nigger betrayed his countrymen for a bunch of pussies who had to hide behind siege tech paid for by a previous empire's shekels and when they got their asses handed to them they paid the vikings to leave them alone.
In the show they've made Rollo a terrible character and ten times more of a faggot than he was in real life(which is stupid because the source material gave them plenty of room for embellishment while keeping him a badass and Ragnar's brother)
>>
File: view_13_Ghoulies-II_gif.jpg (501 KB, 792x599) Image search: [Google]
view_13_Ghoulies-II_gif.jpg
501 KB, 792x599
>>69736854

Valhalla Rising

Master and Commander

Both are pretty legit movies.
>>
>>69725564
Gods cuckd people all the time in mythology regardless of region or time period.
Following along with the mythos it would be bad to kill the kid created by a god.
You're an idiot if you think that transfers over to modern day propaganda telling people to raise other mens sons
>>
>>69737254
Yeah, also pretty much films involving ships. Master and Commander is great.

Like, I can overlook poor acting and writing for these themes. I think only Peter Jackson of skilled directors could be able to make a boring viking/priate/ship film.
>>
>>69721442

Leftist propaganda.

Le Christians were fat immoral adulterous slobs compared to le noble why-kings. Le priests conviction is so weak he converts to paganism.

It's strange how the Scandinavian countries with the strongest opposition to Christianity (in this day) are the ones being hit hardest by the anti-white nonsense.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.