[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Huehuehues Explain this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1280px-Torii_Liberdade.jpg (208 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Torii_Liberdade.jpg
208 KB, 1280x960
>Liberdade (リベルダージ Riberudāji?, Portuguese pronunciation: [libeɾˈdadʒi], Portuguese for "Liberty", "Freedom") is the name of a district in the subprefecture of Sé, in São Paulo, Brazil. It is home to the largest Japanese community outside Japan in the world.
>40,000 Japanese live here
What the fuck, you guys been hiding a Japanese enclave from us? How did the gooks end up in São Paulo? You ever seen any Japanese?
>>
File: nikkei qt.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nikkei qt.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>69713225

>tfw no Japanese-Brazilian gf
>>
These two quotes are lifted from Applied Economics by Thomas Sowell. I don't know much else about Japanese in Brazil.
>Drastic reduction in ocean voyage costs enabled people to cross the Atlantic who could not have afforded to do so before likewise reduced the cost of crossing the pacific, bringing in significant numbers of immigrants from China to Japan to the west coast of the United States, as well as to the Caribbean and South America. The Japanese population of Brazil became the largest outside of Japan, and they eventually owned about three-quarters as much land in Brazil as there was cultivated in Japan.
>Japanese emigrants to Brazil, maintained both cultural loyalty and political loyalty to their country of origin. The Japanese in Brazil even refused to believe that Japan had been defeated in WW2 —with extremists among them assassinating fellow Japanese in Brazil who publicly said that they believed the news of Japan's defeat. By contrast, those Japanese emigrants who went to the USA did so during a previous era in Japan, when American society was greatly admired by the Japanese, so that they arrived in the USA predisposed to become loyal Americans, and largely remained so despite encountering more discrimination than other Japanese encountered in Brazil.
You're probably already aware of this guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda
>Onoda was reportedly unhappy being the subject of so much attention and troubled by what he saw as the withering of traditional Japanese values. In April 1975, he followed the example of his elder brother Tadao and left Japan for Brazil, where he raised cattle. He married in 1976 and assumed a leading role in Colônia Jamic (Jamic Colony), the Japanese community in Terenos, Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil.
>>
>>69713225
Not from São Paulo, but that's true. When your train stops at the Sé station, everybody looks confused to the japs that didn't get off.
>>
it's mostly cuz of the immigrant waves right after slavery was abolished here i believe
we got a huge wave of italians, germans to the south and some japanese
>>
>>69713225

Are they really Japanese or mongrels who larp so that they have a chance to escape the hell hole of Brazil.
>>
>>69714607
Considering that East Asians are among the most racist and conservative people in the world, I'm quite sure they kept their blood pure and their traditions intact.
>>
>>69714607
Almost all the ones I know are sons of 100% japanese descent. Some few are european/japanese. That's a funny thing, I've never heard of a japanese marrying a non european or a non japanese.
>>
>>69714607
they keep their national identity somewhat compared to everyone else here

the LARPers and weeaboo ones go back to japan to work as janitors and get treated like fucking shit, lol
>>
Feels good to have my uni full of cute japanese girls
>>
>>69713225
>Just realizing this
Memes aside, hues also have a bunch of traditional german and yurop communities in its southern states.
>>
>>69713225

Brazil has the largest community of japanese people outside of japan. It's a very commonly known fact here.

During the economic crisis in japan in the past there were major migrations to Brazil and the governments of both countries had great relations.

That's just the japanese neighborhood in são paulo, which is the biggest one, but there's plenty of japanese on other parts of south-eastern Brazil.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.