[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you growing your garden for your own benefit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Why aren't you growing your garden for your own benefit /pol/? It's spring. Don't you want to have a delicious surplus and not support corporate jews at the same time?
>>
Everything I touch dies
>>
>>69712199
Have you tried Carolina Cross watermelons? Supposed to get above 200 lbs with proper thinning and feeding/temperature.
>>
>delicious surplus

Soon to be a rotting surplus
>>
>>69712199
About a dozen carrots, sunflowers, tomatoes, cilantro, chili peppers, and some other stuff

Bought a lemon tree and a discounted orange tree, both are growing.
>>
>>69712272
First post best post
>>
>>69712199
>having fresh vegetables for an entire week instead of just getting them when needed at your convenience for a couple dollars
>>
is that some fox farms ocean Forrest
>>
>>69712199
Currently facing north. Will go hydroponic if weed man delivers (holds breath).
>>
>>69712199
I do though
>>
>>69712199
I live in Phoenix. Growing things in my backyard is a lie, and I think the waste of water is a bad idea.
>>
NO ONE talks about the importance of the food supply, and its SHOCKING.

Literally everything starts with food. The foundation of society is the food supply.

Right now we have corporate control, and mexicunts working the fields in work programs that give them free housing.

America's ignorance toward the food industry despicable. On top of that, we allow our governments to tell us we cant have gardens.

Cant collect rain water.

Save the Agrarian Race

Stop Plight Genocide

Build the wall and give those jobs to teens and niggers, keep the money local.
>>
I grow cress for my sandwiches
>>
>couple of week old seedlings

WE WUZ GARDENERS N SHIET
>>
>>69712354
I was actually able to grow watermelons in SoCal during 100+ F heat.

Were 14-15 pounds
>>
>>69712199
Nigga why you growing fuckin weeds n shit nigga like just go outside and get some hahahaha
>>
>>69713902
Shieeeeet. I didn't know these grew at that temperature. I should plant some. There's nothing better than eating a big piece of watermelon in a hot summer day
>>
File: tea frig.jpg (4 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
tea frig.jpg
4 KB, 125x120
I'm growing kale. lettuce, spinach,chard,and beets. I have so much kale I don't know what to do with it. I collected 6 ounces of kale and spinach seeds last year with a smaller plot. Now my garden plot is way bigger and it will have more seeds.

Just had a organic green drink. I feel good right now. I'm thinking about having rabbits.
>>
>>69714084
>I'm thinking about having rabbits.

To eat?
>>
>>69713061
>we allow our governments to tell us we cant have gardens.
Wait what? Do you mean your frondyards?
I've heard something like a women got sued for having a garden in her frontyard instead of grass. Is this true? This just sounds too stupid to be true.
>>
>>69712199
im planting lingonberry and peppers
>>
>>69712199
i live in poverty in a dark appartment
>>
>>69713685
>week old
They're grapefruits, and I've had them for at least 3 months.
>>
well there is not so much to garden

around my home there is lemon tree
but other than this there is not so much to garden :D
>>
>>69714648
north korea whut
>>
I do. I think if you have the room for it every yard should have a small area for planting food.
>>
http://abcnews.go.com/US/vegetable-garden-brings-criminal-charges-oak-park-michigan/story?id=14047214
>>
i am faam
>>
>>69714648
Make lemonade
>>
File: cl--814453116.jpg (153 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
cl--814453116.jpg
153 KB, 450x450
>>69712199
My vegetables die. The only thing that comes to fruition is my cannabis. Maybe we could barter?
>>
Anyone have some tips for mealy bugs and aphids?
>>
>>69712199

because I'm depressed
>>
File: gras.png (417 KB, 687x568) Image search: [Google]
gras.png
417 KB, 687x568
>>69714801
Fucking shit kill me already. This is stupidity more dense then lead.

And I'm even asked for grass. There must be some kind of hidden grass lobby in the us
>>
Why do my tomato seedlings keep dying when every other thing I plant is a success
>>
>>69714801
Shit is retarded. It really shouldn't be no different than having a tree or flowers

Though why would you grow it in the front yard? Raised beds look ridiculous and people could easily steal them.
>>
The temperature will probably be below freezing a few more times this year. I'll plant some tomatoes and peppers later.

Also, the soil here is shit. It's clay 6 inches down. I have to buy pots and soil to do anything.
>>
>>69712199
Its legal to grow weed here now but I have a small apartment and the lights will keep me up.
>>
>>69715528
Pests? Weird soil pH?

Tomato seedlings are pretty week, but once they're four inches tall they should be fine as long as you can provide them moist soil and sunlight.
>>
>>69712272
this, kinda.

growing catnip, cilantro, and chives right now. not sure if my chives are dying, i thought chives were resilient
>>
>>69715528
What fertilizer? I've grown with Miracle-Gro and Sta-Green. Probably would have better growth, but haven't changed soil in a year
>>
File: WP_20160211_001.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160211_001.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1456
GARDENING GENERAL?
Check my mint, /pol/.
>>
>>69716052
jelly/10. catnip is a mint, kinda why im trying to grow it
>>
>>69712539
soon to be fertilizer for the next crop
or given to poor local families, strengthening a community spirit.
>>
I just got started today. ocra, basil, a wild flower mixture to lure the bees. no tomatoes this year.
I am starting indoors and will transfer in large pots end of this month. inb4 why ocra - it's not that available here.
>>
>>69716052
actually pretty jelly, my mind seeds just don't start growing into pretty little plants..
got the salad, spinach and potatos going for me though.
northern german climate everybody..
>>
>>69717273
mint.
minds generally on low energy in germany atm
>>
>>69716052

mint condition mint
>>
>>69712199
I ran out of space to plant anymore things things
>>
>>69712904
Aeroponics is that way of the future
>>
>>69712539
Fucking this
Every time I bother to plant a garden half of it goes to rot because I can't eat it, neighbors and friends don't want it etc etc.
Just a couple of pepper plants and maybe strawberries is all I would bother to have now
>>
>>69712994
There is never an excuse

http://www.fireflyforest.com/flowers/category/edible-plants/
>>
>>69714315
yes.
>>
>>69715528
Same problem with okra. Last year it just wouldn't produce, but had summer squash and corn out the ass
>>
>>69715085
Companion planting. Put some marigolds next to whatever is infected. Predatory insects (lacewings and ladybugs) will then lay their eggs on whatever is infected, and their larvae will eat the bugs. You will also be helping native insect species which are struggling due to pesticides.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companion_plants
>>
>>69717273
Fuck seeds man. Just buy some mind at the store and put a few cuttings in a glass of water. Then put the glass of water near a window so it can get sun. You can do this with rosemary,sage,thyme,and basil.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.