[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This shit makes me fucking sick /pol/ https://www.youtube.co
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: lol.png (28 KB, 834x225) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
28 KB, 834x225
This shit makes me fucking sick /pol/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Bc38i2ep0. How are the majority of Western people so degenerate that they're okay with this because meat tastes nice?
>>
>>69708544
I agree, you mom taste nice too, doesn't mean I should keep eating her. Thanks for enlightening me
>>
>>69708544
I agree. Well vegetarianism is on the rise here in Denmark probably also other places? Thats a good sign.
I hate eating meat, it's unhealthy, bad for the world and unethical
>>
>>69708544

Plants are living organisms. You fucking vegan plant killing monster burn in hell!
>>
File: haram_thing_smiling.jpg (239 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
haram_thing_smiling.jpg
239 KB, 1280x850
>>69708544
Because non-human organisms are but play things.
>>
>>69711015
I know this is ironic but I'm going to address it anyway because some people actually believe this. Plants don't feel pain and do not have a brain or a central nervous system. Surely you can tell the difference between your dog and an apple tree?
>>
>>69708544
You do know this is planet earth right. We have to kill to survive who are you to say plant life is less important than Animal life
>>
>>69708544

most people are weak and immoral. at least it's moving a little bit in the right direction.
>>
>>69711551
>plant life is less important than Animal life

That isn't an argument. Plants are not sentient or capable of suffering. Look at your dog, now look at some grass, you obviously recognise the difference between them. If I gave you two options, 1) slit your dog's throat. 2) mow the lawn. I guarantee you would choose option 1.
>We have to kill to survive

15% of the world doesn't kill animals to survive and their life expectancies and IQs(vegetarians have an average IQ of 15 points above meat-eaters) are higher. The only reason to eat meat is because it tastes nice.
>>
The reality is that these practices only take place on large farms, any small producer that followed these practices would lose a lot of their animals and so it wouldn't be worth it.

The description of the slaughtering process is also incorrect, they are normally corralled, stunned, hung and then slaughtered.
>>
>>69712003
Plants are capable of suffering and do feel pain.
>>
>>69713202
Without a nervous system, plants have neither a mechanism for feeling pain, nor a brain to have emotions like suffering.

Can plants detect when they are damaged? Certain plants emit chemicals when their leaves are fed upon by insects that actually attract wasps that feed on those insects, or which signal other trees to boost production of anti-feeding chemicals. That's impressive, but it is not pain. No nerves are involved. It's just chemistry, similar to how your skin increases melanin production when exposed to sunlight. Case in point: if you damage the leaves of these plants using mechanical tools, no chemicals are released.

As for stories that plants make sounds or "scream" when cut, or can "sense" when leaves are burned, they are 100% garbage. Lots of really bad research exists trying to "prove" that plants can feel or think or communicate with humans or extraterrestrials. Such tales are pseudoscience, or even science fiction or urban legends. Lots of research on Plant perception (paranormal) has been done, including ideas that plants can sense when other creatures feel pain using ESP, but nothing in any peer reviewed journals. Plant ESP was disproven by authors of a Science paper (and by the Mythbusters for what it's worth). These are all moot points since, without nerves, nothing can feel pain. Plants are cool enough as they are: anthropomorphizing them is not necessary
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.