[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should we bring back corporal punishment in western society?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
Should we bring back corporal punishment in western society?
>>
>>69697597
yes
>>
>>69697597
No, Ahmed. We should reform our prison system though to focus more on rehabilitation instead of just locking someone in a box with other violent criminals.
>>
>>69697597
We need to bring back Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
>>
We should have more executions for violent crimes, armed robbery, vehicle theft, and the like, where it can be proven with 100% certainty that the accused is guilty.
>>
Is there something that stops your family from getting physical when you're being a little shit?

If not, then we we probably don't need to institutionalize it, tolerate gays, etc.
>>
>>69697691
Rehabilitation doesn't work faggot
But I agree we shouldn't put people in violent prisons and subsist them on the tax payers' dime, instead we should execute them
>>
>Trusting the state to decide which citizens deserve to be injured or killed

Howdy, Saudis.
>>
>>69697719
>where it can be proven with 100% certainty that the accused is guilty
That's how it's supposed to happen now. You don't even imprison, let alone execute, someone because they might kinda be guilty. The problem is that the state sucks at justice and execution is irreversible.
>>
>>69697865
>what is right to request jury
>what is haebus corpus
>>
>>69697986
First step is to make all record public no matter what. No National Security Act, which isn't even followed anyway.

We hold all equally accountable if it comes down to an execution.
>>
>>69697986
Hanging large numbers of the underclass has a strong eugenic effect.

"Capital punishment" is just a good excuse to exterminate scum. It doesn't really matter whether they're actually guilty of that specific crime.
>>
>>69697823
Depends on the crime and the person.
You can rehabilitate someone who steals out of necessity and someone who kills out of justified anger.
Nigs, however, are always beyond saving.
>>
>>69697597

I sure know there's one time in the military I wished I could receive lashing instead of what I got. Works okay for Singapore to have minor crimes punished with corporal punishment. Maybe give people a choice between fines and short jail sentences and corporal punishment.
>>
>>69697597
Here in georgia we fried someone just the other week.
>>
>>69697865
>Trusting the state to decide which citizens deserve to be fined or imprisoned

I'm not even advocating all out public whippings, but simply suggesting it as another punishment that could be applied. Even if not constantly use, such as max sentences.

>A crime of assault shall carry a punishment of: A fine of 1000 dollars, 6 months to a maximum of 18 months in prison, or 10 whips in public square.

Personally I'd rather take the 10 whips then spend 18 months in prison.
>>
>>69698064
Considering the number of people released after being sentenced to death, not very much.

>>69698141
Doesn't that generally happen now?

>>69698238
The irony is that you're too arrogant to see that you'll probably be among the first people against the wall in that sort of scenario. Same as the Soviet 'intellectuals'.
>>
>>69698441
>Doesn't that generally happen now?
Less than ever before.

A good book for our lawfriends would be, "The Secret Team" by L. Fletcher Prouty.
>>
>>69697597
For children only, and it should be reserved only for the worst cases of ADHD riddled little shits who won't sit still or do their work. It shouldn't be a go-to for every minor infraction since most children will probably never need to be physically punished - the threat will be enough.
>>
>>69698590
>For children only
Why not for adult criminals as well?
>>
>>69698441
lol, no I won't because I'm not of poor character.
>>
>>69698590
>most children will probably never need to be physically punished - the threat will be enough
Spoken like somebody who got brought up properly and didn't need to get hit much to to figure things out.
>>
>>69697597
Yes. Starting with decriminalizing spanking your own kids.
'Spare the rod, spoil the child.'
>>
>>69697597
Another great thread by autists.

There is no fucking Western Society / Civilization. That shit is 100 years old.

What has replaced the Western World, is our enemy. You fucking overrational austists are demanding more power over us for our enemy. You have high IQ's, and can spew out ostensibly intellectual arguments and output, but really can't think for shit.

Also, your 'we' has no fucking power to realize any of your autistic Utopia buildings. Your 'we' has no part in power.
>>
What's more humane? 10 lashes or being locked up in a tiny cell for a year?
>>
>>69699645
>What's more humane? 10 lashes or being locked up in a tiny cell for a year?
I completely agree with this. Obviously medical professionals would need to determine if a criminal who is sentenced is physically able to take it, other than that I honestly believe lashes is more human.
>>
>>69697597
Yep. Abolish prison. Punishment should be swift and painful and not something to be proud of. Prison has become a culture and means to create underworlds. Nutters go to asylum, criminals get punished by the end of the week. Murderers are exiled to Australia and must fulfill a shit posting quota every week
>>
>>69699489
mad
>>
>>69699489
>That shit is 100 years old
uwot? Western Civilization has been a thing for over 2000 years. Hell, even the fucking Greeks made the distinction between Western (Hellenistic) and Eastern (Persian/Babylonian). The same for Rome (Greco-Roman) vs. Eastern (Persian/Babylonian). In medieval times it was West (Christianity) vs. East (Pagan/Islam). In the renaissance it was West (Western culture) vs. East (Russian/Chinese/Islam). Same goes for the Enlightenment. There has never been a period in which the East vs. West dichotomy did not exist.
>>
>>69700003
I think hes talking about the frankfurt school
>>
I know starshipp troopers is suppose to be satirical, but I really enjoyed the movie, even at face value.
>>
>>69700363
Read the book. The movie was complete shit
>>
File: simpson.jpg (5 KB, 170x208) Image search: [Google]
simpson.jpg
5 KB, 170x208
>>69697597
We need to bring back firing squad imo.
>>
Starship Troopers is literally the politically incorrect version of the UN
>>
>>69697597
no
psychological punishment works better

just imagine what will be possible with virtual reality technology. let them watch their family gets killed and chopped into pieces or some fucked up shit for 1 year straight.
>>
>>69700811
>psychological punishment works better
You don't think physical pain has a psychological impact?
>>
>>69700919
of course it have a impact but it's not efficient. break their minds and make them good citizens.
>>
>>69700811
That doesn't correct people, it makes them worse. 80 IQ adults can understand pain more than they can understand 5 years in prison. They have high time preference and poor long term planning skills.
>>
>>69697597
It will come back when whites will become the minority and when constitutional amendments make black benefits permanent
>>
>>69701002
crush their minds into pieces and turn them into little sissy bitches and they will not commit a crime again.

my other idea would be labor camps. or you combine it.
>>
>>69701413
You're advocating psychological torture and I disagree with that. A person doesn't need to be broken to realize they fucked up, but locking them in a cell for a year where they pretty much do the same thing they did on the outside isn't going to teach them that they fucked up.

I feel physical punishment is more dignified if executed properly and won't break a person.
>>
>>69701413
24/7 fear of AIDS rape doesn't pacify our criminals.
>>
>>69701872
>fear of AIDS rape
They get off on maybe spreading it.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.