[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Conservatards such blatant fools for Fox News?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9
File: Trust_side-by-side2.png (122 KB, 800x415) Image search: [Google]
Trust_side-by-side2.png
122 KB, 800x415
Pic related clearly shows that Democrats generally trust all mainstream media sources about the same, with the exception of Fox news only.

It also clearly shows that Republicans do not trust ANY media except Fox news. How stupid can you be?? Do you morons actually think there's some massive leftist media conspiracy and that only Fox news is telling you the truth?

This is completely insane. It is yet another example of how completely batshit crazy the right-wing has gotten in this country. When are you people going to wake the fuck up?
>>
Bill O'Reilly blows
>>
>>69692826

Because the modern right is incapable of critical thinking and care only to hear what they already believe. They are confirmation bias incarnate.
>>
It's almost as insane as thinking all the other networks are telling the truth and fox is lying
>>
Most people who still get their news from the mainstream media AKA the federal government's propaganda arm are democucks.
>>
>>69693051
Democrats only slightly trust mainstream media more than Republicans. The difference is so negligible that it's not even worth discussing, really.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/185927/americans-trust-media-remains-historical-low.aspx

The issue here isn't who trusts mainstream media. The issue is that Republicans are blatant fools for FOX news while Democrats prefer to get their news from various sources equally. Trusting only ONE source for your information is not a good thing if you want to actually be an informed citizen.
>>
>>69692989
This image doesn't show that Democrats think all the networks are telling the truth. In fact, if you're capable of reading it, it clearly states that Democratic trust of mainstream media is only about 40%. That's not a great number.

On the other hand, it clearly shows that Democrats are more willing to listen to multiple different sources of news. Compare this to Republicans, who shut their ears and eyes away from anything that isn't FOX.

Don't you see the problem here?
>>
>>69693273
The other MSM networks are just the same shit coming from different assholes. It's just as bad as only getting your information from Fox but I actually think it's worse because these people are misled into thinking they are getting objective information from multiple sources while Fox news cucks at least know when they're getting fed bullshit.
>>
>>69693393
It shows that republicans trust fox at about the same rate though, it's clearly not 100% for them either

Just 2 sides of the same coin. The majority is easily brainwashed on both sides
>>
>>69693564
>Fox news cucks at least know when they're getting fed bullshit.
Considering the image clearly shows that Republicans trust FOX news more than Democrats trust all of the media sources, this is not quite true.

Regardless of what you think about mainstream media, it's important to get your news from a variety of sources. If Democrats are more open to doing this for the mainstream media, then it stands to reason that they're also more open to different sources in general. Republicans are fools.
>>
When you consider that all msm media is basically the same shit, I think trusting less of them is a good thing
>>
>>69693701
The Republican line for fox news is clearly higher on average than the Democratic line for any other source. The trend of Republicans trusting FOX more than Democrats trust any source is clear and consistent. Republicans are FOXbots while Democrats are generally cynical-but-open-minded, and willing to get their news from a variety of sources.
>>
>>69692826

You are the stupid one if you do not care to notice the mainstream medias overt liberal bias.

Fuck you yes there is a global left wing conspiracy and fox news tends to not mindlessly repeat every single thing the globalist want.

Fuck you.
>>
>>69692826
Jews control all media. The modern news media is like a den of snakes. If you chop off one of their heads the rest will attack. Fox news is like a snake who is at odds with the rest. The tenth Jew if you will. Fox news wanted Jeb or Rubio to win nom.

I don't trust them but I like that they are at odds with other news media.
>>
Only real rock bottom liberal faggots waste time worrying about fox news.
>>
>>69693867
The line is barely higher though, all it shows is that republicans don't trust other networks at about the same rate as democrats don't trust fox, and probably for similar reasons. It's not a big surprise
>>
>>69693867
What a load of typical bullshit.

Leftist liberal scumbags actually think they are smart while at the same time buying to a failed ideology.
>>
>>69693867
>The Republican line for fox news is clearly higher on average than the Democratic line for any other source

The republican Fox news line is about the same height as the democrat average line to within 5-10% which I am sure is within the margin of error for this study and definitely within the ~10-20% spread of both curves.

You democucks are just as willing to plug your ears and cover your eyes as the republicans you criticize.
>>
Holy fuck /pol/, kill yourself

You morons are so in denial that you're willing to throw your unflinching support behind anything even remotely conservative. There's literally no excuse for you to be OK with an entire voter base getting their media coverage from ONE station
>>
>>69692826
>Implying there ISN'T a left-wing media conspiracy
>Implying that Fox doesn't at least show a different viewpoint

Fuck off, Piers. We still don't like you or your dumbass show.
>>
>>69694018
>Fuck you yes there is a global left wing conspiracy and fox news tends to not mindlessly repeat every single thing the globalist want.
You're a brainwashed buffoon. Using "globalist" as an insult tells me that you know absolutely nothing about the world we live in, and are just looking for someone to pin your problems/anger on.

>>69694115
>The line is barely higher though
Sorry, but no. Look closer. The FOX news line is very clearly higher at all times. Even at the lowest trust level for FOX news, Republicans still trust them more than Democrats trust any other source. It's undeniable. Look closer if you don't see it.

>>69694166
>Leftist liberal scumbags actually think they are smart while at the same time buying to a failed ideology.
Awww is someone's butt a little bit hurt by the truth?
>>
>>69694285
God damn Canada what the hell has happened?
>>
>>69694316

It is the ONLY one that shows a differing point of view.
>>
>>69692826
Doesn't take a genius to figure out. Most networks are overwhelmingly liberal. Fox is the exception, which is why you see the effect in the graph.
>>
>>69694366
Die in a fire you fucking kid.

I can tell you are a teenager.
>>
>>69694428
I know. And people love to scream "BIAS! BIAS! BIAS!" Because it doesn't parrot the same shit.

Saying that Republicans trust Fox more than Democrats trust any source isn't really an insult. All of the other networks are virtually identical; try to get different coverage from CNN and MSNBC. Guaranteed their headlines will be nearly the same at all times.
>>
>>69694285

They're edgy contrarians, what do you expect

The entire "alt right" is just fueled by it, they hate the mainstream on principle even if it leads to ideologically inconsistent positions
>>
>>69694492
>I can tell you are a teenager.
Actually, no, I am an adult with an education. That is why I realize how idiotic you sound when you use the word "globalist" as an insult. I actually know a thing or two about globalization and the economic/political forces involved in the process. To me you are an uneducated buffoon who is scared of his own shadow.
>>
>>69692826
I don't think you understand how to read the graph you posted.

>The left trusts MSNC more, the right trusts Fox more

Fine detective work there, Lou.
>>
>>69694652
>MSNBC
The left trusts MSNBC less than any other mainstream source besides FOX news. Maybe you are the one who is incapable of reading it.
>>
>>69694621
Oh he has an "education" ooh I'm so scurred
>>
>>69692974
Are you not talking about the modern left?
>>
>>69694728
That's exactly what your graph shows, what you're referring to is the fact that most news networks are left leaning and Fox is not, which is what creates that second line of average viewing, you stupid little pissant.

People are more inclined to trust networks that share their general bias.
>>
File: 1458544515563.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1458544515563.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>69694803
lmao, am I back in middle school or something

that was weak as fuck, anon.
>>
>>69694935
And yet MSNBC, which is widely considered to be the "liberal" network, is trusted less than the mainstream news average. Your argument has no ground to stand on. The image clearly shows that the perception of a news source being tilted in one direction or the other makes liberals less trusting of it, particularly if that news media is perceived to tilt to the right. Yeah, Democrats trust the "liberal" media more than they trust the "conservative" one, but the two media sources with the most perceived slant in either direction are the two least trusted by Democrats.
>>
>>69695164
See
>>69694254
>>
>>69695268
see >>69694366 and >>69693867

That Republican FOX news line is CLEARLY above the Democratic average. It's not even open for debate. The Republican/FOX news line never gets below the Democratic/average line.
>>
>>69694987
Obsessed with "education "

Doesn't know how to interpret basic graph
>>
>>69695370
But is it above that line within the margin of error for that study and within the spread of those curves?
>>
My boss , who puts a cringe worthy teaturdlicans party flag on his truck, once told me the only news network to trust is Muh FAUX NEWS because they are the only ones who tell the truth

Many keks where had at his expense
>>
>>69695401
>Doesn't know how to interpret basic graph
You're the one who can't read the graph if you don't see the clear separation between the Democratic/average and the Republican/FOX
>>
>>69695459
>Margin of error
Anon, the MoE doesn't pertain exclusively to the FOX news line. The MoE applies equally to both lines, so that argument is stupid and pointless.
>>
>>69695613
There is uncertainty in both curves. If they lie within each other's margin of uncertainty then you can't confidently draw a conclusion about how they are different.
>>
>>69695748
>you can't confidently draw a conclusion about how they are different
Sure you can. Regardless of the MoE, the Democratic/average line should generally be expected to be lower than the Republican/FOX line. Is it guaranteed? Of course not. But those lines wouldn't have been graphed with a separation if the data didn't show that there was generally one. The MoE just means that they *could* potentially be the same.
>>
>>69693702

Which is why those sources all spout the same liberal talking points

Democrats aren't exposed to anything new

Also these are probably baby boomers, we haven't even touched social media
>>
>>69695987
>Democrats aren't exposed to anything new
This is where you're wrong. Being open to using different news media sources absolutely does expose you to things that you would miss if you listened exclusively to FOX news.
>>
> muh media is left wing bias

When will this meme die ?
>>
>>69696428
When it stops being reality.

Only biased sacks of human waste have a hard time noticing it.

Have you even been paying attention to this election cycle?

No you have not, then stop running your cunt mouth.
>>
>>69696531

Yes , the media can't stop giving coverage to a right wing extremist candidate Donald trump
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u3.jpg (31 KB, 800x244) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u3.jpg
31 KB, 800x244
>>69696874
>>
>>69696874

Yes keep highlighting how ignorant you are.

Whooo hoo being dumb rules!
>>
>>69697004
WTF?!!?

Since is not a right wing extremist in any measurable way nothing was rekt.

This is the exact type of mentality I expect from someone that watches the "news".
>>
>>69697209
Ah, yes.. How silly of us to think that having an education and getting information from multiple sources would make us more informed than the folks who watch FOX news exclusively and "don't need no edumucation." Go fuck your sister, jethro.
>>
>>69694053

not sure if autistic or jus plain 'ol stupid
>>
File: James.gif (3 MB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
James.gif
3 MB, 190x200
>>69695979
>trying this hard to make Vox seem like a credible source
kek
>>
>>69697209

> extreme right wing anti immigration laws
> ban Muslims
> punish women who want abortions
> get rid of NATO

> not right wing extremist
>>
>>69692826
You're coming to the wrong place. We are not Fox's audience.
>>
>>69697714
>Vox
Found the guy who is incapable of determining where information is actually sourced from.

No, Anon, the data is not from Vox. It is from Public Policy Polling, which is one of the most accurate polling firms out there.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/polls/266615-study-finds-ppp-kos-the-most-accurate-pollsters-in-2012
>>
>>69692826
Yeah, obviously! You are a fool unless, like me, you get all your news from Al Jazeera!
>>
From what I've seen in American media, isnt hating Fox the cool and trendy thing to do?
>>
>>69697747
>Having an immigration policy is right wing, nevr mind extreme right
>Not letting in people you are currently at war with if extreme right wing
>Punishing people to break the law is right wing

You don;t know what right wing is, never mind the extreme of it.
>>
>>69697975
>Abortions
>Breaking the law
Fuck off, muhammed. The USA is a free country, unlike Britanistan.
>>
>>69698054
Well you are referring to Trump right?

The one who when asked if abortion was banned would he enforce that law said yes.

Let me guess, you trusted MSNBC to give you the truth right?
>>
>t. Vox
Pls go
>>
>>69692826
I find Fox news refreshing as they are the only news media organization that loves America.

Everyone else is either "neutral" or hates us.
>>
>>69698336
>t. Vox
You mean Public Policy Polling. Not Vox.

>>69698264
No, I'm fully aware of the context of the quote. But /pol/ has a tendency to act as if that context doesn't matter, when it very much does.

And, I'll point you to the graph again. MSNBC is only trusted more than FOX. Everything else is trusted more by Democrats than MSNBC, so your little zinger there is retarded.
>>
someone post the opinion vs factual reporting network graph
>>
>>69692826
Its not a conspiracy at all, the other news outlets are left bias and fox is right bias.
>>
>>69698717
this
>>
>>69697917
yeah because Jon Liebowitz, John Oliver, and Occupy Democrats said so
>>
>>69698579

That was a skewed study tho
>>
>>69692826
Fox is left wing... they were trying to sell Jeb to public. They will turn on Trump the first chance they get.

Other news media outlets are ineffective and insignificant. I wouldn't watch them long enough to build trust with them in the first place.
>>
>>69698493
>But /pol/ has a tendency to act as if that context doesn't matter, when it very much does.

Don't act high and mighty when it was ME that put it in context, cunt.

>And, I'll point you to the graph again. MSNBC is only trusted more than FOX. Everything else is trusted more by Democrats than MSNBC, so your little zinger there is retarded.

By a trivial amount, and it's not like the other networks are any better on the facts front.
>>
>>69692826
WHY IS IT THAT NONE OF YOU CAN READ A FUCKING GRAPH?
IGNORING THE OBVIOUS CHERRY PICKED NEWS SOURCES (FOX, MSNBC) BECAUSE THEYRE NOT STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT ON THEIR OWN.
LOOK AT THE NETWORK AVERAGES.
CONSERVATIVES GENERALLY DISTRUST NEWS AS THEY SHOULD.
THE BLUE GUYS TRUST EVERYTHING THEY READ BECAUSE THEY'RE DUMBASSES.
THAT'S BASICALLY ALL THIS GRAPH SHOWS AND READING MORE INTO IT WITHOUT ADDITIONAL DATA IS STUPID.
>>
>>69699101
>40% net trust means they trust everything they read
you're an idiot. Kill yourself.
>>
File: MSNBC2-25-2015.png (6 KB, 310x382) Image search: [Google]
MSNBC2-25-2015.png
6 KB, 310x382
>MSNBC = muh feels

No wonder you faggots love it.
>>
File: 1458116565641.png (91 KB, 1147x1233) Image search: [Google]
1458116565641.png
91 KB, 1147x1233
ARE YOU SERIOUS, REPUBLICANS? YOU WANT ME TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU SHOULD TRUST ALL NEWS SOURCES EXCEPT FOX NEWS? ARE YOU SERIOUS? LIKE I CANT EVEN.
>>
>>69699422

Most liberals don't even use MSNBC as their primary news network unlike trailer park trash faux viewers

Get rekt Cleetus
>>
>>69699341
He may be a retard, but at least he's not retarded enough to think that a 10~% variation in an opinion trend represents anything significant.
>>
>>69699628
>FOX news builds a reputation as a conservative media source
Popularity explodes, especially among right-wingers. It eventually becomes the only media source they trust at all.

>MSNBC builds up a reputation as a liberal media source
Liberals largely ignore it, trust it less than the average, the network itself performs poorly overall

yep, this guy's right. It's not that there are less liberals, it's that liberals don't stick exclusively to one network that reinforces the beliefs they already hold.

Conservatards are dumb.
>>
>>69699628

Most liberals don't have a primary news source. They watch Jerry Springer while texting on their Obama phone.
>>
>>69699628
>>>69699628
>[citations needed]

C
And no current year man isn't a valid news source.
>>
>>69699837
Show the non-partisan graph that shows Foxnews is the most trusted tv news source.

BTW I'm boning 4 different libtard wives behind their cucksbands backs.
>>
>>69700221

Are women that loose and slutty in trailer park communities Cletus ?
>>
>>69700221
Idiocracy was a movie about you.
>>
>>69700759
Polygamy is the new hip thing in the city, River.
>>
I'm liberal. I admit op is retard. But so are most liberals. My people need to wake up b4 U.S. shakes up.

Fox news is generally trustworthy, msnbc is not. I said it.
>>
File: 1456464238920.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1456464238920.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>69701295
>I'm liberal
Sure you are, jethro.
>>
>>69701295
Both are generally untrustworthy m8. Each will distort or outright lie to fit their agenda. It's just that people are less critical of things they agree with.
>>
>>69701379
I am.

How'd you know my name?
>>
>>69697209
Stop posting, your ID already reveals your identity and goals
>>
>>69701517
I said generally. I don't believe everything I hear from a source. Even a generally trustworthy
one.
>>
>FOX is the only major conservative media company
>Literally all the other major ones are Liberal

Heh, stupid Republicans only get their news from 1 (ONE) source, us entitled and intelligent Liberals get ours from multiple differentâ„¢ news companies.
>>
As a progressive, I get my news from a number of different places. HuffPo, Buzzfeed, Al-Jazeera, BBC and MSNBC just to name a few.

Stupid conservatives only watch Faux News (lol I made this pun up hehe).
>>
>>69701970
Al Jazeera is run by terrorist organization. Progressives don't care about terrorism. Sad.
>>
>>69693273
Well, before you start fellating yourself, just read this: http://www.journalism.org/2014/10/21/political-polarization-media-habits/

Left wingers are just a crazy in their own way. Furthermore, there's another study that shows Fox News as having considerably more hard news stories and less editorial pieces than CNN and MSNBC. Look up: Fox News less editorials on google for proof.
It's just Fox's editorials are considered more outrageous for various reasons
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 462x531) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 462x531
>>69694366
>>
>>69693273
>Democrats only slightly trust mainstream media more than Republicans. The difference is so negligible that it's not even worth discussing, really.

wew lad

>The difference between a net trust of +40% and net distrust of -30% isn't worth discussing

That's a trust difference of 60% If I remember my common core maths lessons
>>
>>69701970
>He dosn't realize they are all run by the same people.

Might as well be one source.
>>
File: 1411099018567.jpg (39 KB, 448x327) Image search: [Google]
1411099018567.jpg
39 KB, 448x327
>Trusting mainstream media at all
>Not getting you news exclusively from 4chan
After all, no one would get on the internet just to lie :^)
>>
>>69694826
No he is talking about the conservative right.

You are thinking about SJWs who are absolutely not true liberals.
>>
>>69693273
>Democrats prefer to get their news from various sources equally.
source?
>>
>>69696211
>different news media sources
huffpost a and huffpost b are technically different but have the same message

you are dumb
>>
>>69697395
>multiple sources
such as?
>>
>>69692826
>Source: Vox
>>69694053
They donated 2 million dollars to Hillary's campaign.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.