[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CHRISTIANITY THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: last judgment.jpg (470 KB, 1024x1128) Image search: [Google]
last judgment.jpg
470 KB, 1024x1128
Get in here christians
Post favourite christian music, architecture, painting and anything chrisitan related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8vJ_lMxQI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bosouX_d8Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_zjgZJOFl4
>>
daily reminder gods are ayy lmaos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKh_U2NnIs8
>>
>>69691318
How does /pol/ feel about Thomas Jefferson's Christian beliefs?

>Christian
>Unitarian
>Old deist not weird modern definition
>Believed Jesus was the best moral teacher in the world
>Believed that old time political fags distorted things to put their own politics in the bible
>Didn't believe in miracles and shit
>Believes that if Christianity was reformed into simply Jesus's moral teachings then everyone would be a Christian by now.
>Huge advocate for the separation of Church and State
>>
How do I get baptised and become a Catholic?
>>
>>69691687
dunno dude i was batpised as a baby boy
>>
>>69691687
>How do I get baptised and become a Catholic?
you have to suck a bishop's dick and promise to obey the pope

sorry tho, only kids allowed
>>
>>69691608
Jesus wasn't simply a 'moral teacher'. As C.S Lewis argues, Jesus stripped of his divinity would have been a very bad, immoral man. A mortal man who forgave the sins of others against people other than himself is not moral, sagacious or even sane.
He was either the crucified son of God, or he was a charlatan.
>>
>>69691608
>Believes that if Christianity was reformed into simply Jesus's moral teachings then everyone would be a Christian by now
if he meant that christianity should be only Jesus parts of the new testament then that is pretty dumb
if he meant that morally christianity should follow only Jesus teachings then he is right
>>
>>69692633
>>69691608
oh i guess i read that wrong
i thought he wanted to change christianity
>>
>>69692139
epic XD

Come join us over at /r/atheism if you enjoy naughty humour that pokes fun at religion, namely Christians.
>>
>>69692520
I get what you're saying I think. I do believe myself that he was the son of God and I believe in the divinity but I've always been skeptical about some miracles.

>>69692633
>>69692880
Yup.
>>
>>69691318
bump
>>
>>69692520
When you get down to it he was just a guy who made guilty people feel okay about themselves
>>
>>69692139
>you have to suck a bishop's dick and promise to obey the pope

it's called a "bishoprick"
>>
>>69694799

if that were the case, He'd be an exceedingly evil person.

you're Jewish, aren't you?
>>
File: pope.jpg (176 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
pope.jpg
176 KB, 1600x900
Christianity is the most cucked religion ever.

Jesus is the original commie and social justice warrior.

Joseph is the original cuck.

Every problem we have now can be traced back to bible.
>>
>>69695012
Not in the sense that you mean it, no
>>
File: nic e.jpg (140 KB, 1956x850) Image search: [Google]
nic e.jpg
140 KB, 1956x850
>>69695102
gtfo fedora
>>
>>69691608

believing Jesus is just a "great moral teacher" while disregarding or denegrating the reality of His death and resurrection qualifies one to be a "Christian" about as much as Mohammed would qualify as being a Catholic simply because he wrote some nice stuff about Mary.

that's ridiculous.
>>
File: chritianity.jpg (288 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
chritianity.jpg
288 KB, 1024x768
>>69695233
> le epin fedora maymay
> argument

Well sir, did you considered that you might be part of the problem?
>>
>>69695102

>Catholicism
>Christianity

Pick one and then go back to /r/atheism
>>
>>69695108

in what other sense could it possibly be meant?

you're Jewish, correct?

i am not asking if you are Orthodox, or Conservative, or Reform - i merely said that i'd bet you were Jewish.

it's not hard to tell, because Jews tend to have the same views. they hand them down to each other like familial old clothing.

you say that He made guilty people feel good about themselves. and i say you guys say such things because it makes YOU feel slightly better about the curse your brought on yourselves:

"let His blood be on us and on our children."
>>
>>69692520
>As C.S Lewis argues
>as a childrens book author argues
>a president and founder of the united states is obviously incredibly inferior to a childrens book author who was also confirmed to be mentally ill
0/10

Reminder that Jesus was raiesed by a cuckold and immature teen mom and turned out to be an even bigger cuck than his father.

If this picture triggers you then you obviously agree that jesus himself was a degenerate for he did the EXACT SAME THING
>>
File: 651.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
651.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2000
bump
>>
>>69695405
Christianity is not a secret club
>>
File: unpure.jpg (624 KB, 1744x2927) Image search: [Google]
unpure.jpg
624 KB, 1744x2927
>>69695565
>le ebin pope kissing refugee feet
>le ebin jesus is sjw
>le ebin joseph is a cuck
>argument

Well sir, did you condiered that you might be part of the problem?
>>
Christianity is a jew invented religion to keep the goyim in check while separate from the "true" faith. All the while providing cucked role models to keep the cattle docile.

tl;dr: Christians are good goys
>>
>>69695665
>jesus
>a human pope
>the same thing
question: will any of these muslims turn christian?
>>
File: pp1.jpg (136 KB, 1343x1000) Image search: [Google]
pp1.jpg
136 KB, 1343x1000
>>69691318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjRHqMpsNb4
>>
cucked desu
>>
>>69695806
Well, Jesus said (quote) "turn the other cheek".

Which is literally "if ou kill your enemies they win".

So, what if you followed your leader, turned your other cheek and accept the BBC in your ass as your masters want you to?
>>
>>69695947
>>a human pope
>>the same thing
Have you not read the bible? Jesus quite literally did the same thing and its extremely unlikely he converted the people he claimed to.
>>
>>69695664
Dude we're like one people, man
>>
>>69691608
This is also very similar to Tolstoy's version of Orthodox Christianity.
>>
>>69692520
>As C.S Lewis argues
ahahahahahahaha
>>
File: Strong_horse_Bin_Laden.png (153 KB, 320x297) Image search: [Google]
Strong_horse_Bin_Laden.png
153 KB, 320x297
>>69695947
No. The Christians will turn muslim. The strong hors, you know.
>>
File: innocent.jpg (30 KB, 300x454) Image search: [Google]
innocent.jpg
30 KB, 300x454
>>69691318
>>
>>69696045
>"turn the other cheek"
>is literally "if ou kill your enemies they win".
>literally
>l i t e r a l l y
Luke 22:36
>>
File: pope-gay.jpg (91 KB, 620x331) Image search: [Google]
pope-gay.jpg
91 KB, 620x331
> Christianity
> not homo

Yeah, yeah, keep telling that to yourself.
>>
>>69695665
>If this picture triggers you then you obviously agree that jesus himself was a degenerate for he did the EXACT SAME THING

lol no. Jesus was NOT an old white guy in a five hundred dollar hat and a veritable empire of untold wealth, who once a year decided to make a great show of condescending to the poor by deigning to put on some show for cameras.

Jesus was the Master, and it was obviously counterintuitive to say the very least for His disciples to have their feet washed by Him. this is why Peter initially objected so strongly to such a notion.

as for your first "point," if the idea that the God Who created the universe would allow Himself to enter the world to suffer and die for His Kids in a manner which opened Himself up to that same exact ridicule ("we are not illegitimate children (like you)" - the Pharisees in John 8:41) is something you simply cannot fathom, you are surprising no true Child of God in your ignorance.
>>
>>69696440
>only posting one pope
of course fag
>>
>>69696550
>was NOT an old white guy
he was a middle aged arab guy ;)
>Jesus was the Master,
the master cuckold, as taught by his step father joseph. Do you forget that joseph was literally cucked by god when his teen wife was raped and then FORCED to raise a child that wasnt his?

These are the people who raised Jesus and it shows. There has never been a bigger cuckold in the history of the world.
>>
>>69696266
you are just spewing bullshit without any real argument, which shows your low age and IQ. Which means that the cuck christ is right for you since cattle like you need to be kept in check.

> Matthew 5:39
>christians not cucked

Stop resisting me and do as your lord Jesus commands you.
Just take it anon, take it.
>>
>>69695672
>Christianity is not a secret club

are you sure you're replying to the right post?

because absolutely nothing i said would suggest that it is.
>>
>>69696682
>jesus
>arab
>"muh cuck joseph"
>"muh cuck jesus"
leaf stop shitposting pls
>>
>>69691608
Thats actually pretty nondegenerate, sasuga jefferson
>>
>>69696083
>Dude we're like one people, man

have i suggested anything to the contrary?

in fact, i think what i said if anything underscored that very point.

or perhaps you were being sarcastic in your reply?
>>
>>69696791
You can't just go around saying shit like "believe this and that or you can't chill with us"
>>
>Christianity is a problem!
>lel ded kike on a stick
>lol cuckolding

>no mention of Muslims
>no mention of Jews
>when they are atheists only denounce the Abrahamic God and not any others because they're mad their parents made them go to church
>>
>>69696935
To get back to your point, I'm not one of those guys
>>
DAILY REMINDER: Pope is the holy father of all christians, his word is as if the god himself said it (ex catedra petris) and he is a heir of saint peter chosen by god.

>>69696553
see above, silly
>>
File: 1421120955613.png (85 KB, 590x385) Image search: [Google]
1421120955613.png
85 KB, 590x385
>>69697096
All religions can fuck them selves in the ass.
>>
>>69696818
Do you know what the definition of a cuckold is? Its a man whos wife cheats on him.

God cucked joseph by raping his wife and then forcing him to raise a child that wasnt his. There is no getting around this. This is the exact definition of a cuckold. He raised his WIFES SON.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 400x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 400x375
>>69696440
>pope Francis allows man on man love
maybe now he will allow sibling and dogs too
>>
File: 1429843981630.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1429843981630.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
Pussies
>>
>>69697242
What about Buddhism, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism, Shinto, Hinduism, and old polytheistic religions from antiquity Europe?
>>
>>69696769
>literally tell us to buy swords
>>69697161
biblical source buddy
>>69697242
>atheist europe would be better and not more degenerate
>>69697273
obviously different dude
he raised the song of god, the messiah
you are telling me that you wouldn’t raise the literal son of god?
>>
>>69697398
This is a thread about christianity you stupid.

Also, I didn't noticed any budhist fucking up Europa.
>>
>>69691318
Christian music sucks. Crusading rocks. Just saying.

Dues Vult
>>
>>69697037
>You can't just go around saying shit like "believe this and that or you can't chill with us"

the sentiment you are expressing is (oftentimes) admirable, and i certainly am not the final judge of what qualifies one as a Christian.

however, to believe that Jesus was merely some "great moral teacher" and to DISbelieve the fact that He was raised from the dead is absolutely NOTHING CLOSE to being a Christian.

Bahais believe that about Jesus, too. are Bahais Christian?

Muslims believe it, too. are Muslims now Christians???

do you see how absurd that is??

besides, Jesus did not simply claim to be some "moral teacher," great or otherwise. He claimed to be God in the flesh. and, as someone referenced above, He is then NOT a "great moral teacher," but a monumental fraud and absolutely no one to be respected. He simply never left that belief open as an option, and even if no less a man that Thomas Jefferson thought so, it is still an absolute absurdity on its face to hold that position - and it certainly does NOT qualify as a "Christian" position, even in the loosest and most generous definition of the term.

so, i am not being unjustly exclusionary by saying that Jefferson was no Christian, nor am i being a self-appointed fruit inspector.

i am stating a manifestly obvious fact.
>>
>>69697604
Biblical source is not a source, I can write a better book.

He literally told you to buy a sword but he literally told you to show anothercheek like a pussy. But I understand your frustration, it sucks big time to be armed but have to take the beating.

But you will take it, yes? I mean, you are a good go- sorry christian, right? Just take it anon, take it.

You are pussy. Your religion is pussy and the whole europe is pussy because of it.

> Matthew 5:39
> christians not cucked
>>
>>69697786
You're going to Hell with the rest of the kikes
>>
File: 1445229969900.jpg (37 KB, 488x302) Image search: [Google]
1445229969900.jpg
37 KB, 488x302
Im no christian man, but i like songs like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdxdnVqn08E
it give me chills everytime.
I love you lord Jesus, son of God
>>
File: sthermanofalaska.jpg (46 KB, 386x451) Image search: [Google]
sthermanofalaska.jpg
46 KB, 386x451
All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the Lord will I destroy them.

11 They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.

12 They compassed me about like bees: they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the Lord I will destroy them
>>
>>69697931
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9CUvhHZEuk
>>
>>69692520
>immoral

What the fuck

Have you even read the bible

Even IF Christ Jesus wasn't the divine Son, he would still be a magnificent person. Someone who would submit to death for the idea that others would be redeemed. Ur a fuqqin fuqqer
>>
>>69697938
>You're going to Hell with the rest of the kikes

lolnope.

because, though i am a pretty bad sinner, He nevertheless died for me - which means when God looks down on this lowly, unworthy sinner, He sees His Own righteousness.

...now THAT is what a Christian believes.

and He would do the same for you - Jew or Gentile.
>>
>>69697604
>he raised the song of god, the messiah
>you are telling me that you wouldn’t raise the literal son of god?
No because im not a cuckold and there is 0 proof that jesus is the literal son of god sorry. The dude is just a cuckold and so are you.
>>
>>69697931
>"pope is the holy father of all christians"
>"his word is as if the god himself said"
> no biblical source
>>
>>69698234
Yeah what the fuck ever bro

Matthew 7:21 to 23
>>
>>69698009
Do I have to spell it out for you?

"But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also."

- jesus

Please listen to your lord saviour goy. Stop resisting. Just take it, take it straight in the ass anon.

(also this video means shit, onyl bible has the authority)

Say it anon. Christianity is the most cucked religion ever.
You are a cuck yourself.
And you and your sick religion have cucked the Europe so much that she is now willingly taking dirty sandnigger cock.
>>
>>69696682
why are the canadians like a more retarded version of the aussies? Aussies at least TRY to appear like they aren't shitposting. Canadians just lay it all out there

To the fellow Christians here, I'm just gonna head out with a

>and also with you
>>
>>69698241
>0 proof that jesus is the literal son of god
>angel spoke to joseph
you would raise him too
>>
File: straphaelofbrooklyn.jpg (287 KB, 425x600) Image search: [Google]
straphaelofbrooklyn.jpg
287 KB, 425x600
>In addition to the dogma of the Pope, the Roman Catholic heresy currently holds the heresies of the Dual Causation of the Holy Spirit, God as a Tripartite Energy (with Created Grace being a further heretical consequence), Purgatory and the Papal Treasury of Merits, Development of Dogma, the Divine Inspiration and Salvific Nature of all Religions (a heresy stemming from the 20th-century Freemasonic takeover of the Vatican), the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary, the Sacramentalogy of Opere Operato, etc., as well as the canonical violations of claiming jurisdiction for the Pope in all dioceses, adding to the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed, Rejection of Married Priests, Mutation or Mutilation of the Mysteries of Holy Baptism, Chrismation, Confession, and Lord’s Divine Liturgy and Eucharist (unleavened wafers, removal of the invocation of the Holy Spirit, etc.), and the papal decrees ordering or sanctioning the robbery, torture, murder, enslavement, and other forms of inhuman maltreatment of insubordinate or non-Roman Catholic persons.
>>
>>69698241
>No because im not a cuckold and there is 0 proof that jesus is the literal son of god sorry.

i'd say coming back to life after being dead for three days is a very good proof.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=j+warner+wallace

there's a former cold case detective and former atheist who came to faith after examining the claim of the Resurrection. check him out.

come Judgment Day, you will be left without excuse.

i say that in Love
>>
File: 1456767642729.png (231 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
1456767642729.png
231 KB, 678x678
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 320x320
>>69698234
That only applies if you repent chucklefuck

You'll probably enjoy the hellfire, but I'll pray for you anyway
>>
>>69691687

Just go talk to a local Priest; they're pretty nice people. Usually around 4 days out of the year are reserved for baptism, but some churches let you do it whenever.

The shit about priests molesting children is a half truth. There is a lot of damage control going on, and not being able to get married means many are homosexual, and homosexuality increases the chances of being a pedophile.

So they're probably just as likely as your average gay person. Rabis, and Buddhist monks do that shit too. Even soldiers do in the conditions they're in without women.
>>
>>69698458
Unless you read it as being treated as equal because of how slapping worked in ancient times.
>>
>>69698458
>"muh cuckoldry"
did you even watch the video?
"Do not resis an evil peson" can be intepreted in many ways and your intepretion is contradictory to the bible so it is incorrect
>>
>>69698652

>That only applies if you repent chucklefuck

i'll let /pol/'s favorite pastor field that heresy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ybsy9LdEc

be careful: if you are going to rely on your own works, you will be obligated to keep the whole of the Law.

read Galatians.
>>
>>69698943
>/pol/'s favorite pastor

No.
>>
>>69698690
"unless you read it as"... yeah totally. I totally forgot that bible is just a parable open to be interpreted by any faggot.

Perhaps when jesus told you to buy a "sword" he just meant a sword shaped cane?

Maybe when god said do not kill he meant just wednesday.

How could you have morals, then, anon, if the bible is not the law? What are you? A heretic?

Say it anon!
Christianity is the most cucked religion ever.
You are a cuck yourself.
And you and your sick religion have cucked the Europe so much that she is now willingly taking dirty sandnigger cock.
>>
>>69699084

>No

yes.
>>
>>69699175

>KJV-onlyist
>has a strip mall church in Arizona

What a faggot
>>
>>69698876
No I didn't watched the video as Im not interested in your "super special version of christianity that totally works but has never been tried"

You can keep telling yourself that christianity is not "cuck: the religion". But it is. The facts are plain and simple. If you wish to be delusional, do as you wish but the you are part of the problem.

But hell, you are delusional, right? How else could you believe in the sky daddy.

also this >>69699126 the part about "open to interpretation"

also, how you decide which part of the bible is holy word of god and which is open to interpretation?

Is it hard to keep so many cognitive sissonances in head? It is almost like leftist and racism vs. one human race or no gender and transgender and bullshit like this.

Could it be that you are perhaps a member of the most leftist and cucked religion?

I mean, come on anon, please try hard and think about it. Stop being a cuck. Leave the cuck-cult.
>>
>>69699126
>the things that kept Islam out of Europe for almost two thousand years is the thing that is cucking it

No, it's the people within Christianity that bow to Jewish whims that are cucking us. It is the idea that our morals are Judeo-Christian. That Jews are allowed to be critical of Christians and Christianity but Christians cannot be critical of Jews and Judaism. That's what is cucking Europe.
>>
Christianity: Cuck religion™
>>
>>69698943
>>69699084
Anderson has some good stuff, but he's still a heretic
>did the holocaust really happen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=QlBA2zp992c
>marching to zion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=styLx-iWwC8
>>
>>69700260

He's not a good pastor just because he hates jews and fags you fucking leaf
>>
>>69699739
Could that perhaps be because jews constructed christianity this way in order to cuck europe?

Also, self defense against invaders is natural, you dont really need a religion in order to do it anon. But how could you know, right? You are a pussy and you turn the other cheek.
>>
>>69700379
I said he was a heretic. He can be entertaining though.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 200x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 200x314
>>69700257
>>
>>69700260

i don't understand your complaint.

how are these issues that relate to small "o" orthodox Christian doctrine? why do you say he's a "heretic"??

>>69699331

i agree that the KJV-onlyist stuff is... nutty. but why do you care what type of building his church is based in??

my goodness guys - are these *really* the best arguments you have against Anderson?

i'm likin' him even more
>>
>>69700608
>implying all protestants aren't heretics
>>
>>69699716
>didn’t watch the video
>tries to argue with me

bible was translated many times
of course some verses gained another meanings and became open to intepretion
>" how you decide which part of the bible is holy word of god and which is open to interpretation?"
most verses can be intepreted only in one way
if my intepretion of a "intepretion open " verse is condradictory to a non "Intepretion open" verse my intepretion of the verse is wrong

>sky daddy
proof that you are a reddit fag who thinks he is cool by using the word "cuck" after every sentence
>>
God bless you, /pol/
>>
>>69700608
>why do you care what type of building his church is based in??

Because he's taken it upon himself to call Orthodox, Catholics, and pretty much any protestant church that doesn't agree with him(virtually all of them) as all being heretics. He's said that anyone who doesn't isn't KJV only isn't saved. If someone is claiming the monopoly on Christian truth and you can see that he's just an angry pulpit kicking faggot in a strip mall in Arizona it doesn't give him very much credibility.
>>
>>69700822
> Christian.

Proof that you are a cuck.

Why do you resist so much anon? Just turn the other cheek for Christ sake.
>>
>>69701280
>atheist
>calling anyone a cuck
Don't you have to be progressive and tolerant?
>>
>>69701280
/r/atheism + overusage of memes = you
/r/atheism + overusage of memes + shitposting on 4chan = (you)
>>
>>69701354
No, my god doesn't require me to. See, I don't have a god. I'm free to act as I please. you on the other hand, have to listen to your lord and saviour Jesus, who was ccucked for your sin, and you must not resist, but turn the other cheek.

You might also wash and kiss my feet while you are at it.
Pussy.
>>
>>69701634
Christ = cuck
You = christian
you = cuck

QED
>>
>>69701809
>>69701901
here are your (you)s my friend
i know that you need to feed your family with them not just yourself
>>
>>69701809
Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>69701809
That means you're a retard with no morality since everything is relative to you because you don't need a god to have morality
>>
>>69702039
Well yeah, it is two answer for two different anons, anon. What are you tring to prove? Don't they teach you to count in slovakia or what?

Did prepping the bull impaired your capacities for logic? Definitelly looks like it.
>>
>>69691687
You will have to go through RCIA. It is a process of catechesis preparing you for baptism, confirmation, and communion which usually begins around September and ends at the Easter Vigil (sometimes it extends to Pentecost, actually). Go to your local parish's website, usually there is contact information for the RCIA coordinator.
>>
>>69702258
Well I hope that you will stick to your morality from bible and turn the other cheek anon.

Prep the bull anon, prep it.

Also, if you need book to know whats wrong and whats right then you are probably just cattle.
>>
>>69701256

>He's said that anyone who doesn't isn't KJV only isn't saved.

no he hasn't. i'm pretty familiar with his position on this issue, and he wouldn't say that.

he does frequently use the "h-word" when referring to others, but i understand why he does. he's very zealous for guarding
what the Bible does and does not say. he's particularly angry about people adding man-made doctrines to Salvation itself, because it's just man's nature to try to force religion onto something that is, by its nature, very much its opposite.
>>
>>69698549
hearing voices in your head doesnt mean there are angels, this means you have schizophrenia.
>>69698603
>r three days is a very good proof.
there is litearlly 0 proof this ever happened though. All we have is a bunch of stories.

Should we believe all the greek mythology because they said it was true too?
>>
>>69702321
>>69702548
hungry for more (you)s i see
>>
File: kierkegaard-to-find-the-idea.jpg (345 KB, 1500x2362) Image search: [Google]
kierkegaard-to-find-the-idea.jpg
345 KB, 1500x2362
What does /pol/ think of Christian Existentialism?
Are the two ideologies incompatible?
>>
>>69702747
took you a long time to write that snarky response
>>
>>69702911
i was taking my dog for a walk silly. some of us have lives you know. You wanna see pics of her? shes adorable.
>>
>>69696164
How is he looking right now again, this dear Ossama?
>>
>>69702813
Hungry for more cocks I see. Anon, why are you such a faggot?

Also, answer is here
>>69702321
>>
File: comfy.jpg (388 KB, 1803x1351) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
388 KB, 1803x1351
>>69702965
do it
>>
>>69702911
Gawd leafs are such aggressive fucking fedoras
>>
>>69698678
Thanks. I don't blame the church for the paedophiles, they're wolves in sheep's clothing.
>>
>>69702545
Thanks.
>>
>>69703072
k give me a sec
>>
>>69702747
>there is litearlly 0 proof this ever happened though.

i gave you a link to the search results of a man who specializes in this very thing, as a cold case detective.

he was an atheist, and his investigation into the historical claim of the Resurrection convinced him that it did, indeed, happen.

by YOUR standard, i suppose we cannot "prove" that Alexander the Great, or Mohammed, or Nero existed. is this correct?

again, you will not have the opportunity to proffer ill-conceived excuses when you're standing before the Creator of the Universe.

i'm saying this out of genuine concern, and not self-righteousness, as there is a very good chance that you, as an atheist or whatever, have more personal "righteousness" (as man counts it) than i as a Believer - and i wholly confess that without some feigned humility. but, then again, that is precisely why He died for us.
>>
>>69703072
its hard to get both of them in 1 shot because they dont want to pose.
>>
>>69702968
Well. it looks like white race is dying, whole world is becoming muslim and Christians are actively helping with this shit.
>>
>>69703051
>atheist
>CZECH
>telling a somebody that he is gay
here’s the last (you) from me buddy
>>
>>69703435
>as a cold case detective
if you think thats proof you are quite literally retarded.

You really think christians are against claiming to be atheists just to make their claims seem more credible? holy shit you are dumb
>>
>>69703439
qt
>>
>>69703462
Last time I checked, Christians were precisely the one who stopped them.
And boy, if it isn't the atheist who use the muslims to attack christianity in western countries.
>>
>>69703193
Pax vobiscum, and good luck on your journey.
>>
>>69701280
>anon disproves your arguments
>proceed to call him a cuck
>even worse, you've called him a cuck every single post before then, so it means absolutely nothing
>>
File: 20130328-zaf-a110-058-jpg.jpg (64 KB, 970x647) Image search: [Google]
20130328-zaf-a110-058-jpg.jpg
64 KB, 970x647
OBLIGATORY.
>>
>>69703505
>You really think christians are against claiming to be atheists just to make their claims seem more credible?
That's a sin, so yes.
>>
>>69702597
>no he hasn't. i'm pretty familiar with his position on this issue, and he wouldn't say that

He said it in his "debate" with James White. White asked him something like "You say you know the KJV is the the only right Bible because you read it and it speaks to you, but there are people who would say the same thing about the NIV and other translations" and Steven said "then I would say those people aren't saved"
>>
>>69703143
>Thanks. I don't blame the church for the paedophiles, they're wolves in sheep's clothing.

as a Christian, i certainly DO blame them. while it might be expected that pedophiles would seek out a profession that affords them both easy and trusted access to children, AND the perception of some sort of personal holiness due to their absence of natural male affection for women, it is absolutely INEXCUSABLE to create precisely such a vocation, in violation of the clear teaching of Scripture - and it is absolutely DAMNABLE to play "hide the pedophile" and shuffle off the offending priests to some faraway diocese rather than turn them over to the law so that they might be tried, found guilty, and find themselves waving around their crackers in a 10x8 cell. and yet, this is what Rome ROUTINELY does.

gee, you'd almost think they're an actual pedophile guild or something, right???
>>
>>69703782
>That's a sin, so yes.
because sin has never ever stopped christians from doing whats wrong ;)

There is a reason 90% of all prison inmates are christian and the catholic church keeps getting caught molesting little boys.

Your religion literally teaches you that you can do whatever you want all the time and just pray for forgiveness and everything will be ok. There is no reason NOT to sin
>>
>>69704031
>>There is a reason 90% of all prison inmates are christian
ho ha hi ha ha ha hi ho ho ho hi ha ha
>>
>>69703472
Yeah yeah, I know, time to prep the bull. Jesus is proud of you.

>>69703605
Did you slept for few hundred years? Cruades are gone bro. Christianity is Cuck: the religion™ now. If you dont believe me please refer to this:

>>69696440
>>69696043
>>69695665
>>69695565
>>69703755
>>69703712
Well anon, but christians are cucks. Please refer to he post above and do as your lord Jesus says - turn the other cheek. Don't fight back. Be a good goy.
>>
>>69695102
Gtfo senpai
>>
>>69703835

i watched the debate, in full, several times - and he nowhere says that one who isn't a KJV-onlyist isn't Saved. i challenge you to show us where he did. you can't because he didn't.

his position is MUCH more nuanced than that.

he believes that other versions of the Bible are far inferior, and he even attributes nefarious motives to the translators of other versions and says that those versions are translated in such manner as to dull or compromise Scripture and blur and complicate the clarity and simplicity of what the Bible says man must do in order to be Saved - but he NOWHERE says that the KJV is "necessary" for Salvation.

i strongly disagree with Anderson on the KJV-onlyist stuff, and i think James White spanked him in that debate, but at least be fair and accurate in your representation of his position.
>>
>>69704031
"Not everyone who says "Lord, Lord" will enter the kingdom of heavens" Matthew 7.

And then there is Paul denying just that, that sinning = more fogiveness from the Lord therefore good, as false. I dont remember the exact text, sorry.
>>
>>69704316
>Did you slept for few hundred years? Cruades are gone bro.
yet, muslims are still crying about it.
>>
File: 1459491574911.jpg (271 KB, 1508x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459491574911.jpg
271 KB, 1508x1000
>>69704031
>Your religion literally teaches you that you can do whatever you want all the time and just pray for forgiveness and everything will be ok.
That's not how it works. If you just sin whenever you want and then repent, you aren't truly sorry.
>>
File: corgi-wink-in-hotdog-costume.jpg (65 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
corgi-wink-in-hotdog-costume.jpg
65 KB, 500x328
>>69704438
>>69703712
don’t bother even responding to that czechfag
he is here only for the (you)s and we’ve feed him plenty of (you)s
>>
>>69704322
No anon. And please don't resist, accept that you are a cuck, prep the muslim bull and turn the other cheek.

>>69704438
Well, honestly I never saw muslim cry.
i saw them rape and pillage in Europe.
I saw them cutting heads unoppossed.
And I saw them multiplying like fucking rabits.
Never ever I saw muslim cry.
>>
Religion is a dead cult.

We have destroyed religion.
There is no religious obligation anymore, no obligation to visit the church.

Next we destroyed race. Race is of unimportance now, it has become a social
construct.

The third step was destroying marriage and fertility, the west birth numbers are extremely low, especially among the new generations.

The fourth step is destroying gender, we are currently busy destroying gender. Soon there will be no such thing as a collective gender, we can all choose what we want to be instead, boy, girl, dog, women, cat, man, trans, etc.

Our final step is the destruction of- humanity itself. This is the transhumanist phase. Robotic limps, integrated chips, bionic eyes. We will enter that phase near 2030.
>>
>>69704316
"Turning the other cheek" is a metaphor for not seeking revenge when someone does you wrong, and basically not being a spiteful prick.
However, this being a religious discussion, I cannot see how that verse holds any relevance to anyone but an outsider who takes it out of context.
>>
File: 1440439391399.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1440439391399.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>69704695
1984 is coming soon then
>>
>>69704695
>We will enter that phase near 2030.
You fucking wish. West will be too busy burning down libraries and building mosques for this shit.
>>
>>69704688
>Well, honestly I never saw muslim cry.
now, I know you are trolling.
>>
>>69704688
"Turn the other cheek" literally means "chill".
When someone tries to piss you off, just let it be.
It's meant to be practiced on interpersonal level, not accepting inbred halfbrained goatfuckers into your country
Also nice dubs
>>
>>69704661
Well, at least I don't require a book to be able to function in a human society.

Also, I'm not a cuck. Like all the christians are.
I mean, do you have morals bro? Thou shalt not kill? Turn the other cheek?

Prep the bull, Josheph? I just wonder how it feels when god cucks you.

Think about it for a minute. Forgot that your jimmies are rustled and I'm laughing my ass off at your expense for a while now. Try to consider it wor a while.

Joseph is cuck.
Jesus is leftist hippie "turn the other cheek".
Europe is cucked by christianity to accept muslim cock.
Don't you feel that it kinda makes sense?
>>
>>69691458

oh really i thought they where born on earth
>>
>>69704835
>>69705073
Please see this:
>>69699126
>>
>>69705095
Please tell me how a 2000 year old religion is cucking europe right now.
By people who were not even around when the word was written.

This is why no one takes /pol/ serious
>>
>>69705073
No, turning the other cheek doesn't mean to ignore, it actually means to stand up for yourself. Back in the day, to slap someone with the back of the hand was a sign of disrespect, that the receiver was less than you, but to do so with an open hand meant they were equals. When you turn the other cheek, you are forcing one to strike you with the palm, because you strike with your right fist (hence the origins of the word right meaning justice)
>>
>>69697322

and nothing said nothing and there was light
>>
>>69704324

34:45 in. The worst part is that's not even the worst thing he said in this debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJrptikLjq8
>>
>>69705307
"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. But I tell you not to resist an evildoer. On the contrary, whoever slaps you on the right cheek, turn the other to him as well."
Matthew 5:38-39
>>
File: 164564661461.jpg (51 KB, 907x718) Image search: [Google]
164564661461.jpg
51 KB, 907x718
>>69705307
>cuck
>cuck
>cuck
>cuck
Nice memes you got there, how about some arguements?
>>
>>69705838
The background of that was that the jewish society at that time was completely obsessed with glory and honor, about as much as we today are obsessed with money. (Greeks and roman were the same).

Instead of meticulously writing down every offense suffered and looking to get even, Jesus advocated forgiveness.

Just as he said to peter when asked how often he should forgive: Peter thought that 7 times were a lot, since the scribes recommended up to 3 times a day.
Jesus replied "Up to 77 times" not to give a value but to make sure everyone understood that there was no limit.
>>
>>69705872
see >>69705838

That pretty much sums my argument. Do not resist me. Prepare your mum. My cock is coming.
>>
>>69705563
Who created god?
>>
>>69705872
cuck
>>
File: 457496464646.png (731 KB, 916x512) Image search: [Google]
457496464646.png
731 KB, 916x512
>>69706313
>Something irrational post-physical needs creation and operates by our laws of physics
Yeah no
>>
>>69698357

>Yeah what the fuck ever bro

>Matthew 7:21 to 23

well, i'm so glad you brought those verses up! pardon my late reply; i didn't realize you were replying to me.

you are apparently attempting to refute what i said - that i trust on Jesus alone, and this alone, and ONLY this,m could possibly merit Salvation.

let's take a look at the passage - since it proves PRECISELY WHAT I AM SAYING:

>21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

now LISTEN TO HOW THEY REPLY:

>22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'

question: what did these people, whom Jesus claims to have NEVER known, then attempt to argue as having merited them Eternal Life??

THEIR WORKS!!

in other words, they are making the same sort of argument that YOU are making!!!!

He then replies:

>23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

He says He NEVER knew them. you see, they were trusting in their WORKS.

Jesus says, in verse 21, "but only he who DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER."

what does He mean by this?

>John 6:40, “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

what have we learned here??

we have learned that your own works will only get you into Hell. you need to trust on Jesus, and HIM ONLY.

we don't GET Saved by works, and we don't KEEP our Salvation by our own works.

got any more verses to attempt to condemn me with???
>>
>>69705514
By being take seriously? I don't know how man. I just see it happening right in front of my eyes.

See:
>>69703755
>>69696440
>>69696043
>>69695665

It is like jews and christians are holding europe down to be raped by muslims... Why or how? thats beyond me.
Honestly I'm a bit scared for the future for my kids.
>>
>>69691318
I don't follow any religion (but I believe on god) but when I had to choose one it would be Christianity. it's one of the most based religions out there.
I will support Christianity as long as they don't force me to join there club.
>>
>>69706264
see >>69706159

Also, >>69706313
God was not created.
>>
File: 2757397.jpg (36 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
2757397.jpg
36 KB, 620x400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33jeQutO58o
>>
>>69706638
Tell me anon, who are the ones advocating for 'equality', and thus acceptance of Muslims? That's right, leftists, who often tend to be atheists.
>>
File: 1455840047957.jpg (45 KB, 638x412) Image search: [Google]
1455840047957.jpg
45 KB, 638x412
>>69707040
>>
>>69706723
How is that even possible? Or logical? Cause and effect.

Also, fuck you "open to interpretation" argument. It was destroyed time and time again. Jesus said it pretty clearly and it is not for fags like you to interpret. Actually no man shall be able to do it. it is a word of god.

So now go and prepare your sister for dirty muslim cock. I hope you don't want to make jesus weep. Also, you both will be revarded. In the afterlife. Lol.
>>
>>69706313

god is eternal and exist out of time and space
>>
>>69707040
Leftist, Jews and Christians are all groups actively destroying Europe.

Maybe some leftist are atheist, but all of the Roman-catholic and related churches are traitors, helping refugees and spporting politics that ruin our ancestral homelands.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>69707308
You have to consider this: >>69707344
God created cause and effect, time, the universe, everything.
It is said that with him 1000 years are one day and one day are 1000 years, I think its a pretty thinly veiled hint that he exists outside of the universe, and thus outside of whatever natural laws we know.
>>
File: 1459299882476 (1).png (97 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
1459299882476 (1).png
97 KB, 372x351
>>69707308
>Trying to rationalize irrational eternal being
yeah you sure singlehandedly solved the question of existence by your armchair atheism.
>>
>>69706632
You really have some balls
>>
>>69707344
How can he then affect anything here, when he is out?

Also, how can he be eternal? how he came to be? And why? And why did he chose only uh a small fraction of humanity (jews) to reveal himself?
>>
>>69707308
For your first comment, see >>69706511
For your second comment, see >>69706159
OH WAIT, you already have.
Also, the "turning the other cheek" verse is obviously a metaphor regardless. If you want to argue otherwise, stop calling people cucks and using that verse to support it, for you have not physically slapped anybody.
>>
>>69707550
If you're saying it's Leftists, AND Jews, AND Christians, then you're essentially referring to most people in the developed world, seeing as the tendency is for the right-wingers to be religious and the left-wingers to be atheist. In which case your argument means nothing and we're all to blame.
>>
>>69707653
Well, who created god then?
How can he exist "without time"?

This is some serious, magical, unprovable bullshit. Do you have a single fact to back that up?

>>69707680
Well, I try to rationalize everything. I try to be rational.
And, well, either prove it or spagheti monster is true. Now fuck off.
>>
>>69707550
If they are ideed refugees it is out duty to help them.
I frankly do not understand why people hate genuine refugees. I can not imagine ever being this cold hearted.

Now fake-refugees on the other hand, like north afrikans are indeed the scum of the earth.

I believe that you are also forgetting a less obvious implication about christian nations helping massive ammounts of muslim refugees while their supposed brother in faith close their doors:
1 Peter 3:1 (talking about wifes whose husband is not a christian, but applicable here too I believe): "so that if any are not obedient to the word, they may be won without a word through the conduct of their wives".

(insert obvious cuck references here)

The behaviour of someone or even a nation can have more effect than any number of words and talks.

I would not be surprised if soon we will start seeing mass quitting of islam and maybe even many conversions towards christianity from the refugees.
>>
>>69708151
It is not magical, it is simply outside of our understanding.

Go read up some quantum mechanics textbooks to see some mundane examples of counterintuitive stuff "beyond our understanding".

An ant cannot comprehend us humans, yet we are real, how much less could we ever completely understand God.
>>
>>69707833

Why did he need his son to be on earth and angels . He does not go out much for a reason
>>
>>69707880
Well what if I interpret "thou shalt not kill" as the obvious metaphor?

Also, if there is some eternal out of space old god, then why it is yours and not Vishnu? And how can you be even sure about that if he is so out of everything?

>>69708103
No, not atheist and hindus, for example. And yes, it is o many that the world is probably doomed and a pussy ass faggots like you will die.
>>
>>69708151
>rational
I'd like to see you try to prove evolution then.
Also, God functions as the beginning of what would otherwise be an infinite cause-and-effect chain.
>>
File: 1459299905369.png (508 KB, 1018x810) Image search: [Google]
1459299905369.png
508 KB, 1018x810
>>69708151
>Well, I try to rationalize everything. I try to be rational.
You can't rationalize God
Also this >>69708372
You might also wanna read some classical philosophy works before starting another argument
>>
>>69708179
You Christcucks are amazing. The only reason your shitty Jew cult got so big was that you killed everyone who didn't agree with you. Did you ever wonder why nobody gives a shit about the dead kike on a stick anymore? Because you are weak, nobody wants to be part of the weak tribe, that's againstour nature.
>>
File: 1456256800538.png (211 KB, 447x340) Image search: [Google]
1456256800538.png
211 KB, 447x340
>>69708763
>you killed everyone who didn't agree with you
>weak tribe
Smells like contradiction, fampai
>>
>>69708428
"Thou shalt not kill" is obviously not a metaphor. Killing is a sin. You should not kill. End of story. I can tell you're getting desperate at this point if that's the kind of arguments you're using. Also, I believe the Biblical account of creation because it is completely accurate and consistent, as compared to most other religions out there.
Additionally, Hindus represent an extremely small minority, especially in Europe (and I don't know why you mentioned atheist along with them, seeing as I included them with leftists in my previous post).
>>
>>69708763
The first 400+ years of christianity no one got killed by them.
They were too busy getting thrown to the lions for that.
And yet, despite the most powerful empire of the time trying to wipe them out they grew more and more.
Pacifism in the face of adversity is a strength on itself.
>>
>>69707800

>You really have some balls

why do you say that? i rely SOLELY on the finished work of Jesus Christ, and i place my Faith in that ALONE.

to do otherwise, or to even attempt to do "good" works with the goal of it contributing in any way to my own Salvation in mind - now *that* would be "really having some balls." it would be an affront to God, no matter how much it appeals to human nature and our pride.

you see, most of Christendom has it exactly *backwards.* they think that Heaven is some sort of reward based on their own personal merit - either pre or post-Salvation (and "Salvation" should probably be in quotes here, as such people were never Saved to begin with). this is precisely WHY Jesus said in Matthew 7, "many shall say to Me, 'but Lord....'," and He replies, "I NEVER knew you."

if you understand this, not only does the passage in Matthew 7 suddenly make total sense, but so does the majority of the rest of Scripture.

when people ask me, "IF God exists, how do you know you have the 'right' religion?," i show them how God made it irreducibly easy. i ask them if they remember the old skit from Sesame Street: "one of these kids is doin' their own thing / come on, can you tell which one?.." which is to say this: ALL the religions in the world - bar none - are a system of rules and laws by which man might become 'good enough' for God. REAL Christianity, on the other hand, is the EXACT OPPOSITE. it is God condescending to man. it is the knowledge that man could never be 'good enough' for a Perfectly Righteous, Perfectly Just God. we'd be utterly doomed. and so, God did it for for us. it is the only ANTI-religion in the world, and Jesus was the greatest ANTI-religionist Who ever lived. i mean, just look at what He said to the Pharisees, who would be like the Popes and Bishops and presbyters of today. He had utter contempt for them.

if we seek to be "religious," as were they, then how can WE escape sharing in their damnation?
>>
>>69708763

its not islam retard sure they burned witches and shit but was that the teachings of jesus ?
>>
>>69708904
Nowadays you are the weak tribe, just take a look at how many priests of different confessions suck refugee dick.
>>
File: 1459301786467.png (362 KB, 523x592) Image search: [Google]
1459301786467.png
362 KB, 523x592
>>69709078
Maybe in your country, buddy
>>
>>69708999
>implying the Romam empire wasn't in a crisis back then.

>>69709072
>inplying the Catholic church gave a shit back then
>>
>>69709078
Poland says hi.
>>
>>69709227
They had their share of crisis, but they were also at their strongest around 100-200AD.
>>
>>69708763
>The only reason your shitty Jew cult got so big was that you killed everyone who didn't agree with you.

however did you get *that* historically ignorant???

the Christian Church, in its formative, early years, grew in leaps and bounds DESPITE being the target of some of the most vicious repression ever suffered by any group on earth in history.

i would imagine you are referring to the actions of the "Catholic Church," and even still you must be referring to hundreds of years later.

if you are going to blame Jesus for those for who take His Name killing other people, then i'd suggest you offer some evidence that He EVER sanctioned such a thing.

what if people went out killing in YOUR name, without you ever having hinted that they do such a thing? would it be fair for you to be judged for it?
>>
File: 4i4foh2iae4k.jpg (89 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
4i4foh2iae4k.jpg
89 KB, 500x324
Jesus is original hippie/commie/leftist.

Joseph is the original cuck.

You would rather say that the holy word of god is "open to interpretation" rather then admiting the truth.

Also, you think that your god is the right one only because you were raised to. If you would have been raised in India, you would be hindu.

Also, since there is no proof that there is a god and since you claim that (also without a proof) he is out of time and space, there is no reason to think that it is the exact doctrine you believe in that is the right one. It could easily be that zaroastrians are right and there is no way to tell what is actually truth.

But keep on being cucked and delusional, anons, I guess it is ok while many peope do it in an organized manner. Lets just hope you will one day lose our faith.

(pic related, also makes complete sense, finite crime, infinite punishment. Also think about all the hindu babies that go to hell by default - truly a work of wonderful and loving gd)
>>
Hey so as I'd like to consider myself a christian.
From what I understand, all negative emotions are from "demons". Like the snake talked Eve in to eating apple so do other demons talk you into jealousy, anger, make you upset etc But they're those demons aren't supposed to be in heaven right? But aren't all humans are diffident because of things like I get angry quicker, the other gut is a joker, someone is regularly upset and so on but in heaven all people are going to be generally the same?
>>
>>69709428
seconding this.
In the night of his arrest Peter drew a sword and hacked one of the thugs ear off when Jesus was to be arrested.
Jesus condemned Peter for that action and healed the wound.

History and archeology shows us that well into the 4th century christianity practiced total pacifism.

>>69709442
(picture)
The doctrin of Hellfire is unbiblical, despite being endorsed by the majority of so called christian religions.
>>
File: 1459302065099.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459302065099.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
>>69709442
>the image
>cuck cuck cĂĽk kek cuck
>If you would have been raised in India, you would be hindu.
>, there is no reason to think that it is the exact doctrine you believe in that is the right one
There is a god/higher power, what kind of interpretation of his word you decide to follow is up to you.

Also everything you post is the literal "armchair atheist starterpack" Most of it, you got from Richard Dawkin's lectures and speeches. Who's the mindless sheep here?
>>
Good job repeateing yourself, anon.
Now, I am no fideist that has been indoctrinated as a child. I believe in God because the Bible is historically, internally, and scientifically accurate.

www.apologeticspress.com

This website makes a pretty damn good case for the Bible, and is where I have gotten my faith.
One more thing, arguments from outrage (i.e. the "hell argument") have no place in a logical debate.
>>
File: Christ is Lord.png (2 MB, 1646x1320) Image search: [Google]
Christ is Lord.png
2 MB, 1646x1320
>>
Oops, meant to click >>69709442
>>
>>69709614
Demons do not necessarily cause every bad thing and emotion.
Sadly we humans are quite apt at being bad all by ourselves. The demons just amplify this tendency.

There are individual personalities in heaven, among the angels and among those humans that go to heaven:

1 King 22:20-23: Describes some sort of meeting in heaven with the Angels all making different suggestions as to how to accomplish the plan to get King Ahab killed.
If they were all the same there would be no need to talk.
>>
>>69709915
The Hell argument does.

Why would a benevolent deity who is just punish individuals infinitely for a finite crime?
>>
>>69709442
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

>judgment;
>>
>>69710106
This
>>
>>69710106
Here is a good answer to that question:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-hell/

and the general category site:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/

I hope this does not come off as shilling.
>>
File: 1459301431823.jpg (37 KB, 471x270) Image search: [Google]
1459301431823.jpg
37 KB, 471x270
>>69710284
Read Divine Comedy
>>
File: grace of god.jpg (122 KB, 754x1030) Image search: [Google]
grace of god.jpg
122 KB, 754x1030
>>69710396
>Jehovah's Witnesses
lel
>>
>>69710263
This is not an ideal translation you are using here.

The second "Hell" where the angel go is the greek word "tartarus" a place never intended for human torments in the greek mythology.

Also this text is a good evidence against torments in hell, as body and soul are destroyed, not tormented there.
>>
>>69710396
So Hell is non existence it seems

I can live with that
>>
>>69710612
Exactly.

Furthermore Romans 6:23 says that "For the wages sin pays is death, ..."
Now no one would expect two salaries per month.
Same here: Once sin is "payed" by dying, there is no more sin left for which people could be tortured for.
>>
>>69691318
>>>/x/ is over there, retard.
>>69691608
>Jesus was the best moral teacher in the world
Objectively wrong.
>>
File: 1457781188409.jpg (397 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
1457781188409.jpg
397 KB, 534x712
>>69710396
>Jehovah’s Witnesses
>>
>>69710577

I thought they called the human hell hades, and since jesus died and went to hades he got the keys so who beliefs in him can skip hades.

i just turned christfag so i am not sure
>>
>>69710973
Yes, yes...
But please, give it a try first.
If after reading the link thoroughly you are convinced that it is wrong, then ok.
Otherwise it would be judging a book by its cover, or rather by what other people tell you about its cover.

>>69710992
The word used in the New Testament is often transcribed from the Hebrew scripture where hte word is "Sheol" where it simply means the tomb.
The septuagint, the very first Hebrew-Greek translation, used Hades in place sometimes, but the meaning is the original "hole in the ground, nonexistence".
>>
>>69709024
We're in agreement. What's with the big wall of text?
>>
>>69710936
>x
Religion is part of civic studies, it's not paranormal.
>>
>>69698565
What church is free of these heresys?
>>
>>69711240

dear JW friend:

here's a question for you - and please, try to answer honestly:

does being a JW *really* give you that sense of freedom and joy that the genuine Gospel ("GOOD News") should give you?

does it make you feel MORE free because what Jesus has done for us, or less? does it give you a sense of overwhelming JOY knowing that you are Jehovah's Kid, and never can you somehow become "not His Kid"? do you feel a sense of unfathomable relief to know that your sins have been removed from you forevermore, as far as east is from west, and you are Blessed because He will never reckon your sins against you?

also: were you born into the JWs, or did you join later in life?
>>
File: Crusader_shield_sword_0.jpg (21 KB, 375x352) Image search: [Google]
Crusader_shield_sword_0.jpg
21 KB, 375x352
does someone have this pic with the all the text on it?
>>
>>69695233
pope's political posturing kek
>>
>>69711380
>We're in agreement. What's with the big wall of text?

1.) it's great that you agree, but are you sure you are replying to the correct post?

2.) did you actually READ my "big wall of text in full?" seems you are a JW, and much of what i typed is very, very far from Watchtower doctrine.

3.) if we're in agreement, why would you lament the length of my post, anyway? :)
>>
Daily reminder no actual Christian would post on a board they knew pornography and furry porn was going to be posted on.
>>
>>69711863

another question, JWbro:

have you ever read "Crisis Of Conscience" by Raymond Franz? he's a former member of the Governing Body.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_of_Conscience
>>
>>69711658
Judging by the icon op was probably referring to the Orthodox Christianity though I guess Oriental churches share most of the same attitude on the matters
>>
>>69712025

true but we have to save souls what better place is there then this
>>
>>69712025

>9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[c] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

1Cor 5:9

i come here because this, too, is the mission field.

if i wanted to avoid ALL unGodliness, i'd have to an hero and leave the world
>>
>>69711863
Oh I'm not one of those

I would think the golden rule is fairly clear and all, do unto others blahblahblahblahblah

Only the righteous will survive the Happening
>>
>>69711658
Im pretty happy with Jehovas Witnesses, but I am not unbiased of course.

>>69711717
I am not very emotional, so this whole supreme joy etc.. is not my cup of tea.
I do however feel free from all the pagan doctrin that have been sneaked into the faiths of other christian religions, and most often server to portray god as some sort of monster who kills kids because he needed an angel or who tortures people for all eternity because they did not go into church often enough.
Not to mention the very confusing notion of God supposedly being three people in one. Violating his own saying that "no one can see God and live" when there were obviously people who saw God-Jesus and lived when he was on earth. Or how God was able to die without all the universe ceasing to exist at the same time (again as God-Jesus)...

It is nice to know that the sins I commit are forgiven, its on thing less to worry about.

I was not born into it, I got baptized at 15, in 2001.

>>69712079
I did not.
You will be hard pressed to find anyone reading the writings of apostates.
Take an example from mathematics: Imagine that someone, a former math professor, would somehow start to "disbelieve" fundamental truth and axioms from mathematics, such as the triangle inequality or the fundamental lemma of algebra (might not be the correct english word).

Then this person starts writing books about it.
No mathematicians would even bother reading those books.
>>
It really only takes like a +1/2 STD IQ to figure out that Christianity is complete nonsense.
The lack of free will is a truth that will reveal itself to you intuitively, if as I said before you aren't a complete retard.

Lack of free will means the whole concept of a benevolent God collapses in on itself.

"You have no free will, but I will still reward or punish you for your deeds."
- God in the eyes of the uneducated

Please, get some philosophical training.
>>
>>69712635
Neuroscientists are not so sure about the whole "no free will" thing.
Some say there is, others say there is not.

Until we understand at least the majority of how the brain works it would be preposterous to say that there is no free will.
>>
>>69712635
http://www.examiner.com/article/of-10-highest-iq-s-on-earth-at-least-8-are-theists-at-least-6-are-christians

Get wrecked faggot
>>
>>69711658

The Orthodox Church

>>69711717

I don't appreciate you calling me a liar and making me skim through that really long debate to give you that quote and then ignoring it when I found it for you.
>>
>>69695665
>>69696100
CS Lewis is a highly respected modern protestant Christian apologist dumbfucks
>>
>>69712818
Lol, neuroscientists are actually dead-sure on it.
But that wasn't the argument I was using, I'm not discussing the lack of free conscious agency, I'm discussing the lack of hard-free will as we live in a deterministic universe, implying every action is merely a reaction.

The brain absolutely has nothing to do with this, -everything-, literally -everything- is enslaved by causality.
Even quantum mechanics which were hailed as true-randomness is still bound to causality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT6DKn6ZJso

>>69712825
>examiner.com
Eric
>>
>>69713198
Another vid from a neuro-scientist, to shut down your first argument (which by the way, is irrelevant once you invoke determinism): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCofmZlC72g
>>
>>69711863
What branch of Christianity do you practice anon? I like what you are saying.
>>
>>69713198
>>69713338
I am not aware of any technique that would enable us to determine if we have a free will or not.
Furthermore rejecting large part of Quantum Mechanics as you do makes it difficult to argue since most of the science is based on that.

Since right now no side has the upper hand, lets go with the side that is most effective at making sure society can continue to function: Free will is real.

Without free will it would be pointless to punish criminals, with no free will society would quickly degenerate into chaos and anarchy.
And since we are here on christianity thread, without free will God would be a liar when is asks us to "chose what is good" when we would have not choice. Or he would be cruel for punishing us for our sins when we did not have any choice in that matter either.
>>
>>69712903
>I don't appreciate you calling me a liar and making me skim through that really long debate to give you that quote and then ignoring it when I found it for you.

whoa there buddy - i'm at home taking care of my two sons and talking to the missus. let me find your reply and reply to it.
>>
>>69712903
The Orthadox Church, right, thank you.
>>
>>69710106
to weed out the weak and preserve that which is best.
>>
>>69713693
>I am not aware of any technique that would enable us to determine if we have a free will or not.
What are you even talking about, determinism is as accepted as heliocentrism, this isn't a 'debate' or a 'theory'.
The reason why your post appeared on 4chan is because you typed it out and submitted it, cause and effect.
You can abstract this to the point where everything submits to this rule, the reason why you do good and bad things are essentially out of your reach and you had no say in them.

There is no argument against determinism or one that protects hard free will, compatibilist arguments are not respected by anyone.
Do some philosophy research please.

>Furthermore rejecting large part of Quantum Mechanics as you do makes it difficult to argue since most of the science is based on that.
What???
I didn't reject quantum mechanics, I just said science agrees that causality also enslaves this.

>Since right now no side has the upper hand
This has never been the case since the enlightement, free will does not exist, science and philosophy agree both.
You cannot find an argument against this, and I challenge you to do so.

>lets go with the side that is most effective at making sure society can continue to function: Free will is real.
The lack of free will does not imply anything for society, dummy.
Christian hostage arguments are terrible.

>Without free will it would be pointless to punish criminals
It wouldn't, it would pull away the evil/good distinction, but we would still lock up people whom we couldn't trust anymore.
Think of it like this, a tornado clearly has no free will but if we could we would lock it up forever, right?

An Abrahamic God -cannot- exist because the tennents of determinism are intact, the only God that can exist is one that isn't benevolent and 'stupid'.
>>
>>69712496
>I do however feel free from all the pagan doctrin that have been sneaked into the faiths of other christian religions, and most often server to portray god as some sort of monster who kills kids because he needed an angel or who tortures people for all eternity because they did not go into church often enough.

can you name some of those "pagan doctrines"? if you are referring to things like Easter and Christmas having their origins in pagan holidays, then we are in complete agreement - but can you show me some of these "pagan" influences on specific doctrines?

God is certainly no monster, but He IS sovereign over every single atom, and children do, unfortunately, die. as i see it, every single action - no matter how horrible on its surface - has the potential to ultimately glorify God. and as for this "because He needed an angel" stuff - well, that's not how it works.

>Not to mention the very confusing notion of God supposedly being three people in one. Violating his own saying that "no one can see God and live" when there were obviously people who saw God-Jesus and lived when he was on earth.

the Bible says, "God is Love."

Before Creation, was God still Love? if so, WHOM did He Love?

it does indeed say what you claimed, approximately. Jesus also said, "he who has seen Me has seen the Father." what do you make of this?

>t is nice to know that the sins I commit are forgiven, its on thing less to worry about.

but the Watchtower teaches that you can sin and lose Salvation.
>>
>>69691318
>religion huge part of national identity
>mfw atheist
>feel like traitor
i want to believe but i'm not sure i can anymore
help me. what do?
>>
>>69714447

look at hiim chilling for satan

>Mfw when i am on my cloud laughing and this tard is screaming in hell
>>
>>69714910
Very unchristian of you to mock sinners, enjoy hellfire :)
>>
File: yawn.jpg (107 KB, 800x456) Image search: [Google]
yawn.jpg
107 KB, 800x456
>>69714447
>determinism is as accepted as heliocentrism, this isn't a 'debate' or a 'theory'.
lie

>You can abstract this to the point where everything submits to this rule
lie

>There is no argument against determinism or one that protects hard free will, compatibilist arguments are not respected by anyone.
lie

>I didn't reject quantum mechanics, I just said science agrees that causality also enslaves this.
lie

>This has never been the case since the enlightement, free will does not exist, science and philosophy agree both.
lie

quaziscientific troll
>>
File: 1450736788472.jpg (661 KB, 958x775) Image search: [Google]
1450736788472.jpg
661 KB, 958x775
>>69714910

>mfw
>>
>>69714868
www.apologeticspress.com
This website defends the Christian point of view scientifically, as well as refuting so-called discrepancies in the Bible. It's a good starting point if you want to become Christian.
>>
>>69714447
You show the depth of understanding into that subject matter of a 13 year old who just finished "Philosphy for Dummies".

>What are you even talking about, determinism is as accepted as heliocentrism, this isn't a 'debate' or a 'theory'.
I dont even...
A theory is a bundle of falsifiable predictions which have been shown to be true.
There is nothing "after" theory.
Its: Speculation-Hypotethis-Theory.
No one outside of some philosophy departments at universities favours one interpretation over the other.
Determinism vs. Free will is as much of a debate as "Which is, scientifically, the prettiest color?" or "Is it colder outside than at night?".
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.