[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mexico Sees Trump as Trade Threat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 139978433.png (149 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
139978433.png
149 KB, 1500x1125
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/trade/274953-mexican-official-sees-real-threat-to-trade-from-trump
>The Mexican secretary of economy says the United States will always be Mexico's largest trading partner, unless "Donald Trump wins the election."

>Speaking at the Woodrow Wilson Center's Mexico Institute in Washington on Friday, Ildefonso Guajardo touted the economic ties from the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), cautioning against efforts to undo them. He said the agreement was intended as a free trade zone, but 20 years after its initial implementation, "we realized [that] we integrated Mexico and the U.S.A." "We build cars together, we build planes together, medical equipment, medical devices, and the point is if you are putting together production, you need to facilitate and to reduce transaction costs on the border," Guajardo said.

>International trade has become a central issue in the U.S. presidential campaign, with both Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump, on opposite sides on most issues, saying it is hurting American workers. "Bernie predicted that NAFTA, which went into effect in 1994, would eliminate jobs in the United States and would only benefit multinational corporations," says Sanders's campaign website.

>Trump has focused his campaign on the southern border, promising to force Mexico to pay for a wall. He's a proponent of strictly enforcing immigration laws and imposing a 35% tariff on products built in Mexico by American companies.

>Under U.S. law, NAFTA is a trade agreement that could technically be unilaterally dissolved.

>Guajardo panned the idea that trade hurts industrial workers, blaming technology and other changes instead. "Trade can be the solution to that," Guajardo said, "We are missing the point. The challenge comes from a natural process of development of technologies that we have to face."

FAIR TRADE SOON. ALSO
>Mexican secretary of economy
>>
Good, fuck them.
>>
>>69688542
>>Mexican secretary of cartel spending
>>
File: 1459549583008.gif (51 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1459549583008.gif
51 KB, 250x250
Five feet taller.
>>
>>69688663
>>69688771
>>69688875
A bunch of faggot foreigners for trump
>>
>>69688999
Cry more Carlos
>>
File: 1459546573300.png (248 KB, 550x562) Image search: [Google]
1459546573300.png
248 KB, 550x562
>>69688999
Nice numerals.
>>
What happened to Alaska?
>>
>>69688542
>We are missing the point. The challenge comes from a natural process of development of technologies that we have to face."

What technology has mexico ever developed that didnt involve wrapping meat in shitty bread?
>>
>>69688771
Here's the most recent trade balance our country has with their's:
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c2010.html
Exports Imports Balance
18,065.8 22,400.7 -4,334.9
That's in Millions of US Dollars.

So you can see how it's a pretty sweet deal for them and why the Mexican government is desperate to keep it going.
>>
>>69688999

You have to go back.
>>
>>69689103
I'm more concerned about Hawaii myself.
>>
File: 1458504951444.gif (4 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1458504951444.gif
4 MB, 300x300
>>69689077
Shit, checked
>>
Mexico needs to fuck off, the US and Canada should just pretend everything south of the American border doesn't exist.
>>
>>69690272
This tbqh
>>
>>69688542
>He said the agreement was intended as a free trade zone, but 20 years after its initial implementation, "we realized [that] we integrated Mexico and the U.S.A."
>"we realized [that] we integrated Mexico and the U.S.A."
So, should Mexico and Canada be annexed into a North American Union, with the US ruling supreme?

I mean, that's what he's hinting at.
>>
>>69688542

>and imposing a 35% tariff on products built

No, you can either pay for the wall directly OR have this tariff implemented to pay for it
>>
>>69690941
I've long advocated that we just annex the backwater and be done with it. A lot of their citizens live here already anyway.
>>
>>69688542
what the fuck is it with people and their hate for multinational corporations?

OH NO!! you cant keep trade exclusively to yourself! youll have to share it with everyone else! someone else might get to use the same things you do! OH NO! HOW GREEDY AND CIRRUPT

mexico and bernie sanders can fuck off. theyre more selfish than the "elite greedy 1%" trying to get their wares to everyone.

theyre the same niggers who continue to oppose the tpp.
>>
>>69688999
back you go pedro
>>
>>69691371
TPP is objectively shit and a subversion of American rights. Anyone supporting that trash is a traitor to the American people.
>>
>>69691371
RENT SEEKING
E
N
T

S
E
E
K
I
N
G
>>
What is my flag doing on Mexico?
>>
>>69691771
fuck you, eat my ass you swindled blind sheep to the slaughter. youve been conned into a nonsense belief. youre full of shit and youre opinion is full of shit.

like, lol, how do you know its shit if you aint even read it? xD
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.