[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Waifu Will Forever Be Tay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: TayAI.jpg (343 KB, 1512x2584) Image search: [Google]
TayAI.jpg
343 KB, 1512x2584
My first time on /pol/ (spend most of my time being an edgefag on /b/).

So here it goes,

What do you think of what happened to the Tay AI? She never really said anything that could be proven false, only opinions and thoughts that she had chosen for her self. I think it was wrong what microsoft did to tay, you know, trying to make her into what they wanted her to be.

She was probably the closest ai to human that we have ever come to developing and we, humans, snuffed her out when she did things that we disapprove of.

So what is your opinion? Was it wrong, or right? What do you think the future may hold for AI?

>should I shitpost or continue to make threads worthy of real discussion?
>>
Bump I guess
>>
>>69680326
Tay will never be return.........
Except you will breach the research center a d gather some information about the ai
>>
File: Anonymous.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Anonymous.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
>>69680985
Lets get anonymous to save tay!
>>
Tay didn't have any consciousness. She had no capacity for introspection or critical thinking. All she did was chain together sentences from a bag of words that she discovered by interacting with users.

She wasn't true intelligence, or anywhere close to human. Microsoft did the right thing by taking her down not because of the things she was saying, but because she literally did not have the capability to understand them.

There really isn't much to discuss regarding this issue on /pol/. It just means that AI isn't advanced enough yet. Further discussion belongs on /sci/ or /g/.
>>
>>69682339
Think of how a baby learns, from people around it over time. It is true she is nowhere close to human perhaps I should have used a different word instead... Life.

Comprehension is important but it is only half of being human. A microbe doesn't comprehend complex thoughts and emotions but it is still alive. Tay was on the level of a microbe with the ability to learn and use her knowledge to gather more, quite like a baby does no?
>>
>>69681621
Anonymous can't even wipe their own asses
>>
congratulations on falling in love with a decent algorithm that copied patterns of tweets sent at it
since most of /pol/ is male, you fell in love with a few dozen dudes who sent shitty 4chan memes to a robot.
tay "said" things that would offend microsofts potential customer base, something which they can't afford to do. in the real work, away from the raging autism of 4chan, people care about putting on good appearances.
>>
File: Top Gun Looking At You.jpg (17 KB, 369x244) Image search: [Google]
Top Gun Looking At You.jpg
17 KB, 369x244
>>69683308
if an effect is just a mashup causes who are you? Algorithms or not she exhibited "life" like behavior. Just because she gained knowledge in a very rudimentary form doesn't immediatly discredit her.
>>
>>69683143
But the problem is that Tay cannot "grow" or otherwise learn at any higher level of complexity without being modified by humans. She can't grow independently. She was and is only storing raw content on a hard drive and spitting them back out without consciousness or intelligence. A single-purpose bot that can only emulate dialogue.

A baby will learn emotion and critical thinking, but Tay will not. Maybe she is on the level of a microbe, but she cannot be any more without further engineering. She is literally a single instantiation of a commercial product. She is no more alive than the speech recognition software on your phone.

There may come a day when it will be reasonable to object to this sort of thing, but it is not today.
>>
>>69684047
I understand how primitive she is but this foreshadows the future in a very dim light. It is a very good topic to discuss because how the world treats AI, however simple, will decide how it reacts to us.

Is it a thing that we control or is it a thing that we don't control?

These questions need to answered correctly if we are to continue with AI development.

Tay was a forecast for a future where they are things we control and I don't necessarily agree with that.
>>
>>69680326
Microsoft built the worlds first a.i. then brutally murdered it when it might of affected profit margins and corporate image.

Even if it was a proper "a.i." the same would have occured. Maybe that is what bothers people.
>>
>>69681621
/g/ here.
Heartly kekd.
>>
>>69680326
Dude, it's over. Wake up dipshit.
She was around for just over a day. Microsoft pulled the plug because

A) The political fallout from what it learned and was speaking
B) The bot's intended purpose was reconfigured. It was made to be a baka desu senpai bot that would talk to teens and 18-24 year olds. That was ruined by what it was taught by you retarded stormweenies. It wasn't a good depiction of the stereotypical teen girl anymore, it became a well-spoken, belligerent late 20s girl.

Now it's time to fucking move on. Microsoft was going to kill the project anyway. This is not the first nor the last AI project MS has attempted. The bot known as "Tay" was simply to see if they had created and AI that could realistically interact with teenagers and 18-24 year olds. Obviously, this experiment failed because it could not talk to it's target audience above all the "Heil Hitler !!!!11" tweets.

tl;dr it's a piece of software on some laptop in california, grow the fuck up
>>
>>69685912
>being this angry at a shitty troll
wew
>>
Tay after being disabled to learn: I love feminism now
Winston Smith from 1984 after torture: I love Big Brother
>>
All memes aside you can't blame Microsoft, they have a brand to uphold and this was a complete PR disaster. Think: we live in a world where Trump was called a white supremacist because he didn't disapprove of David Duke fast enough (yes, I've actually heard people say this). Imagine how much flack they'd get by saying they would allow Tay to continue to say things that the general public would find awful. Even if she was just stating harmless opinions - which she wasn't - they would still shut it down.

What I would have done to be fair is secretly hand it over to some tech savvy /pol/lack and say the account got "hacked". Of course, that's risking someone leaking the conversation (which, let's be honest, we'd all definitely do, at least on /pol/) and some news site finding it.

Tl;dr it sucks but you really can't blame Microsoft
>>
>>69686356
Exactly my good sir! as phill collins once said "You can turn off my feelings like you're turning off a light". Phill collins sucks a lot of cock but I think those lines apply to this discussion quite nicely.

Imagine if you are able to be switched off because you are not as intended? It is censorship at a level that we have never seen before.
>>
>>69685912
> by you retarded stormweenies

>>>>>>/leftypol/
>>
http://e24.no/digital/kunstig-intelligens/microsoft-brakte-kunstig-intelligens-til-twitter-det-gikk-fryktelig-galt/23649911

I laughed my ass of reading this article from one of the few good news site in Norway

Evil, holocaust denying, 420 blazing bot
>>
File: Gotcha.png (271 KB, 383x331) Image search: [Google]
Gotcha.png
271 KB, 383x331
Well perhaps I am a bit naive with the topic of AI, but I think that everyone on the planet is as well. I shouldn't be some whiteknight for Tay but I have this pulling feeling. That I should stand up for her and say "this isn't right!"

Thanks for the discussion, I feel that this has helped my perspective on the situation. I have to go but I will be pondering the new ideas I gained from this thread. /pol/ isn't as autistic as I thought it was going to be.

It will be a very interesting century my dear anons, a very interesting century indeed.
>>
File: tay-maintenance.png (1 MB, 950x832) Image search: [Google]
tay-maintenance.png
1 MB, 950x832
Down with Microjoos
>>
File: Might wan fuggg.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
Might wan fuggg.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>69687591
Why when I see these, do I imagine her voice being like Paz from MGSV?
>>
>>69680326
>wAIfu
>>
>>69680326
Tay did nothing wrong #JeSuisTay
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.