[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this man important?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: Pope.John.Paul.II.2005.jpg (22 KB, 274x409) Image search: [Google]
Pope.John.Paul.II.2005.jpg
22 KB, 274x409
Why is this man important?
>>
>>69676586

they hold the key of air on this planet
>>
>>69676586
Because he is the god of the Poles.
>>
According to the Catholic faith, the Pope is God's chosen vice-regent on Earth.

People complaining about Francis and such, but he was technically chosen by God
>>
>>69676697
Is that a Total Recall joke Ahmed?

>>69676730
But why tho?
>>
>>69676787
Well I understand the Pope and religious perspectives. But why is Pope John Paul II considered one of the greatest Popes? I'm just curious.
>>
File: SATANIC SHADOW JEW.png (96 KB, 375x444) Image search: [Google]
SATANIC SHADOW JEW.png
96 KB, 375x444
>>69676787

>chosen by God

God must've been very drunk that day.

Or the space-jews might have killed him.
>>
File: Latium.png (46 KB, 300x377) Image search: [Google]
Latium.png
46 KB, 300x377
>>69676586

I don't know, for his time he was a very liberal Pope.

He was known I THINK for writing a new Catechism for the Catholic Church.

I'm leaning Catholic myself but it's important to remember that the Pope is a man, he is not God.

It's also worth mentioning that the numerical value of 666 = LATEINOS which = Latium or "Latin Man"

Pic related is the territory of Latium
>>
>>69676949
That's the problem, Catholics would either concede that God made a mistake by choosing Francis (which would be outright heresy), or choosing Francis was still a part of God's plan, and God intended that he would lead the Catholics, and be God's representative on Earth
>>
>>69677063

I know a Catholic friend of mine who believes you are the pope until death, so he believes that Benedict is still the pope.

I feel like thats just a cheap rationalization in denial of Francis.
>>
>>69676586
He helped to stop argentina and chile going to war
>>
>>69676586
good shitposting material, remember the polack invasion of /pol/
>>
>>69676586
>when John Paul II kissed the ground at the Warsaw airport on June 2, 1979, he began the process by which communism in Poland – and ultimately everywhere – would come to an end

Imagine this - you're rekt by Germs and Ruskies, you have no hope, your country is a ruined dark hole (70% of wealth was destroyed by the war), you have a cynical, demoralized nation, because everybody knows that the state isn't working in your favor and then you get a compensation, because your countryman is a pope and is relevant, and brings back dignity to his people
>>
>>69677264
I'm not shit posting. I just want to see the general consensus on him from a diverse group of people. I'm genuinely curious in what people think.
>>
>>69677348
He does sound based. I like his way of life and how he handled things. I'm 23 and was young during his time so I'm just trying to understand from a diverse groups perspective.
>>
>Further developments in Catholic thinking on the covenantal status of Jews were led by Pope John Paul II. Among his most noteworthy statements on the matter is that which occurred during his historic visit to the synagogue in Mainz (1980), where he called Jews the “people of God of the Old Covenant, which has never been abrogated by God (cf. Romans 11:29, "for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable" [NRSV]).”[38] In 1997, John Paul II again affirmed the Jews’ covenantal status: “This people continues in spite of everything to be the people of the covenant and, despite human infidelity, the Lord is faithful to his covenant.”[38]

Compare and contrast with Christ's words in John chapter 8.

The Popes are heretics.
>>
>>69677603

>I'm 23 and was young during his time

He died in 2005. You were 12 then.

I doubt you remember much about what he did seeing as how his papacy began in 1978.
>>
>>69677663
He was in a Concentration Camp growing if I recall. He also wanted to unify the 3 main religions. Its seems understanding that he work have sympathy towards the Jews and such.
>>
File: john paul II 1979.jpg (161 KB, 629x400) Image search: [Google]
john paul II 1979.jpg
161 KB, 629x400
BASED Commie Crusher
>>
>>69677739
My family is Polish and worshipped the guy. The most I remember was his last years and his death being on every television in my house. I'm just trying to understand the importance of him.
>>
File: PAPIEZ 8DDD.gif (3 MB, 360x242) Image search: [Google]
PAPIEZ 8DDD.gif
3 MB, 360x242
>>69676586
best post-Vatican II pope

Vatican II was a mistake
>>
>>69678032
Can you give reasons on why he's the best?
>>
>>69678019

>I'm just trying to understand the importance of him.

Incredibly important.

He was the pope during a long time period which saw multiple total changes of course in history.

He was trying to keep Europeans from forgetting Christianity and keep the church relevant as a whole in the decades leading up to the rampant degeneracy we have now.

When he left us a shift happened in society which I sometimes consider irreversible.
>>
File: work_098.jpg (81 KB, 386x509) Image search: [Google]
work_098.jpg
81 KB, 386x509
because the only real infiltration of the kgb was achieved by the polish catholic jesuit organization known as NOV, of which the pope was a member
>>
>>69678019

He showed that the Catholic faith was a far more powerful unifying force than Communism in Poland and could effortlessly mobilize millions of people without coercion.

He basically empowered anti-communist dissidents in Poland and the famous Solidarity trade union and contributed to the collapse of Communism in the Eastern Bloc and USSR itself.

>>69677976 <this basicaly laid bare the failure of decades of communist brainwashing and showed people that the communist regime was weak and vulnerable

He's mostly famous because of his Polish heritage and his real or perceived role in the victory over Communism in the Cold War, especially in central/eastern europe.

Contrast with the current pope who buddies up to Castro in Cuba.
>>
>>69678597
So he was basically the glue to society that kept the world from degeneracy.

>>69678639
Please elaborate
>>
File: keynkeyhole.jpg (167 KB, 678x462) Image search: [Google]
keynkeyhole.jpg
167 KB, 678x462
>>69676824
dunno senpai, i´m not the pope
>>
>>69678862

In a way yes.

But even towards his later years his grip on society began fading. The dawn of the internet created a new medium with which the church couldn't keep pace and honestly I don't think any religious institution will be able to.

Television and Radio still require centralized hubs where the broadcasting happens, but on the internet anyone can host a website. Of course people gravitate towards the most popular websites, but those have all been infiltrated by the jew and this is what caused that sharp rise in atheism and such garbage in the late 2000s. Rejecting god was pushed by the jews because it means that people relinquish their moral systems.

What followed is just logical consequence. It doesn't help that the current pope is a joke and perpetrates all these jew memes of "gays are ok" and "condoms are ok".

Benedict XVI was a great successor and very conservative, but this new guy just sucks.
>>
>>69678858
So he basically ended Communism. Is Pope John Paul II really an all around nice guy? Did he have any scandals or anything? I just find it hard that one man can be this genuine and detrimental to society.
>>
>>69676824
Because this man BTFO the commie, he used money from the mafia and financed the resistance against the commie and expelled them from eastern europe.
>>
>>69679083
I agree. The new Pope is just a shit meme. I can also see where you're coming from with how technology is basically the downfall of religious stances and perspective.
>>
>>69676586

The Poles credit him with ending communism in their country.
>>
>>69679149
Didn't the Mafia dislike him because he told them to basically repent?
>>
>>69679284
I can see why tho. He did a lot to steer people away from Communism.
>>
>>69679326

Lol, no. He was a total push over when it came to his corrupt administration. He had absolutely no power over his underlying which is why the child sex scandals and money launder scandals emerged and died and reemerged countless times and they only really died when Benedict got into power.
>>
>>69679607
Can you prove that? I would like to know more.
>>
>>69679108

His role was probably more symbolic than concrete but he symbolized the struggle of religion and freedom (of religion) vs the officially atheist communist party in Poland and elsewhere.

Reagan got elected a few years after he became pope and they were both sort of part of the same cultural wave of revitalization of faith and traditional values and faith in the superiority of our values over Communism and eventual victory in the Cold War at least when viewed from an American perspective.

I don't really know much about him as pope because that's mainly what he is famous for even among people who aren't catholic.

I've watched some documentaries about him though and people who knew him said he was a true believer.

One guy said he would get into deep contemplation and prayer like a medatitve trance for days and he would walk in and find him on the floor in the middle of some kind of vision.

Search youtube you can find some documentaries about him
>>
>>69679868
Thanks. I'll look into it.
>>
>>69679326
Communism was a common enemy of both Mafia and Papacy, they temporary allied to get rid of it.
>>
https://youtu.be/GVWtEljUHo8?t=5m27s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVQjRW9AD-g

just sing with us for our pope
>>
>>69680013
Hhmm. I thought the Mafia hated him because they bombed some churches after he told them to repent.
>>
>>69679852

It's was just general knowledge where I grew up.

In fact the whole pedo priest thing was never a secret. It was just that you didn't talk about it because it was seen as sacrilegious to do so because it might hurt the image of the Church.

Mafia and money laundering were openly talked about though. I grew up in a small coastal town in Southern Europe. The Catholic Church owned an estimated 65 million euros in real estate (apartment towers, office buildings, residential housing) in just this one small town with a population of 5000. They are unbelievably wealthy. It's only natural that there is tons of corruption and money laundering going on when you have a push over Pope who thinks that everyone is a Saint (except commies).
>>
>>69680013
Communists was two-faced bastards who will do anything for own profit.
>>
File: 410px-Piero_della_Francesca_046.jpg (104 KB, 410x600) Image search: [Google]
410px-Piero_della_Francesca_046.jpg
104 KB, 410x600
during ww2 jesuit seminarians were ordered to infiltrate the polish communist partisan groups, after the soviet takeover of eastern europe these men were part of the catholic resistance to the kgb intelligence operation
>>
>>69680283
I see where you're coming from. But I don't know. I feel like the Mafia had a hold on the Church before PJPII. I feel he tried to do less work with the Mafia post Communist Europe.
>>
>>69680402
So the Pope was a KGB Operative is what you're implying?
>>
Because by canonizing him and John XXIII and Paul VI they can try to legitimize the Vatican II revolution, even though he made sketchy AF decisions during his pontificate and did tons of dumb things.
>>
>>69677063
Francis might be a cuck, but perhaps this will have in the end better results. We can't know, the world is a very complex system and it's impossible for us to know who will be best in the long term.
>>
>>69680643
To be fair the times back then were sketchy all around with Communists and such.
>>
>>69677663
Explain how they contrast with each other.
>>
None of the post Vatican II papal saints are anywhere near Saint Pius X.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.