[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Rutherford model >2016 Why is Atheism such a backward,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 17
File: Atheist-Atom.jpg (6 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
Atheist-Atom.jpg
6 KB, 228x221
>Rutherford model
>2016

Why is Atheism such a backward, primitive, anti-progress, bigoted, ignorant collection of outdated beliefs ?
>>
>>69669693
It became a religion.
Idiot teenagers who didn't really understand the concept turned it into a faith.
>>
>>69669693
It's a good model that explains a lot and is easy to understand.
>>
Atheism failed because it focused on denying the existence of god, instead of attacking the broader sense of faith.
Most modern quasi-religions dont have a god, so they filled the void with that shit.
>>
>>69669693
It's not. You're just another but hurt Christmas longing for black feet to kiss.
>>
>>69669746

>didnt understand the concept

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well memed.

How hard is it exactly to NOT believe?
>>
File: jewatheist.png (50 KB, 1229x623) Image search: [Google]
jewatheist.png
50 KB, 1229x623
Because modern atheism is cryptojudaism. Notice how you almost never hear atheists criticize Jews, while they constantly criticize Christians and Muslims.

Notice how the Rutherford atom is always always ALWAYS drawn with three orbits. Never two, never four. Always three. It's a Jewish dogwhistle.
>>
>>69670145
The problem is it told them to not believe in god, then they fell for the religions that dont have a god.
>>
>>69670271

Are you smoking mate?
>>
>>69670271
>religions that dont have a god.

is that even a thing? please use examples
>>
File: 1238979021803.jpg (68 KB, 576x518) Image search: [Google]
1238979021803.jpg
68 KB, 576x518
How does an atheist fight demons though?
>>
>>69669693
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9BvEB09ktg
>>
what beliefs is atheism a collection of?
>>
>>69670369
buddhism
>>
>>69670330
>>69670369
Work on your english before posting laddies
>>
>>69670198
That really fucked with my head. The atom is just the Star of David. The rings are the points. I'm going to cry. It just never stops. There is no hope.
>>
>>69670577

Mate? Are you aware that Argentinians drink a devilish concoction called "mate" tea?

How stupid do you feel now lardo?
>>
>>69670494
oh yeah because all the new atheists are just becoming budhists in hordes of millions
>>
>>69670369
Taoism doesn't have a God. Neither does Buddhism (although some would argue Buddhism isn't a religion)
>>
>>69670369
the newest ones, any belief system that requires faith but doesnt have a god, or doesnt have one yet
these are not recognized as religions officially

examples are pretty much every conspiracy theory, also environmentalism (claims humans are behind climate change, but theres no real evidence), feminism (based purely on lies and hatred), queer theory (made purely out of anti-scientific bullshit)
>>
>>69670577
pretty sure my english was fine, pablo

nice argument btw
>>
>>69669693
Because humans need religion is a large scale. Normies can't handle atheism and go into other stuff like SJWism.

>>69670369
Jainism, Raelianism
>>
>>69670639
are you that one austrian who posted he had drank mate and didnt like it?
>>
File: jesus.jpg (75 KB, 358x479) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
75 KB, 358x479
>>69670607
Have hope brother, and remember, if God is with us, who can be against us?
>>
>>69670369
Buddhism, Taoism etc...

Basically equally stupid garbage as theism but for some reason some "atheists" go for it.
>>
>>69670777

Probably.
>>
>>69670369
Taoism
Buddhism
Confucianism
Jainism
>>
>>69670657
i believe >>69670271 used the term religion liberally, as in, they exchanged the worship of god for worship of other things like science, materialism, popculture
even humanism since it places humans above everything
>>
>>69670661
queer theory? that the stupid tumblr gender bullshit?
>>
File: star.png (99 KB, 490x244) Image search: [Google]
star.png
99 KB, 490x244
>>69670607
>The rings are the points.
Well more specifically, the points of the star are where the rings intersect with eachother.
>>
>>69670661

>examples are pretty much every conspiracy theory

so conspiracy theories are religions now? you do realize that not everything you believe in is a religion right?

>claims humans are behind climate change, but theres no real evidence

plenty of evidence

> feminism

again, just because its based on shit doesnt make it a religion, by that definition idiots who think theyre going to win the lotery are in a religion too

>queer theory

oh please elaborate on that, i would really like to hear about this queer theory religion
>>
>>69670917
they believe it despite all proof against it
thats faith
>>
>>69670948
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3XlooigupM
>>
>>69670892
>>69670816
>>69670765
>>69670659

yeah but do atheists really go for them that much? i guess iff you count the retards who say theyre atheist and then try heal themselves with crystals do
>>
>>69670488
The teachings of the Jewish prophets that are Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins.

>inb4 Dawkins isn't Jewish despite his mother being one
>>
>>69670198
Jews have retarded food restrictions and the Sabbath is dumb as shit.

Satisfied?
>>
>>69671048
Sam Harris is a Buddhist (sorry, "secular buddhist"). So yeah, some atheists do.
>>
>>69670892
Confucianism should be a theistic religion. Neo-Confucians, under influence from Buddhism and Taoism, turned it nontheistic.

Tbqh Taoism should be a theistic religion too. If one reads the Tao Team Ching and Zhuangzi then they can see the theism. Specifically panentheism.
>>
>>69670892
P O O
O O
O O L
>>
>>69670948
>>claims humans are behind climate change, but theres no real evidence
>plenty of evidence

you fell for that one

maybe the word "religion" is not very accurate to describe these, but believing any of that shit requires faith

apparently humans a (physiological?) need for faith. if they reject traditional religions they might end up followinng new made up bullshit
>>
>>69671048
i don't buy it that they're atheists either. its like when Christians "lose their faith" and go do drugs and shit then go back to their faith, get clean, and say "atheism ruined my life" even though they actually just abandoned their morals; equating immoral and antagonistic-to-god behavior as atheism.
>>
>>69671140
>mother is Jewish
>raised atheist
>claims to be a "Buddhist"

PURE COINCIDENCE.
>>
File: It's dogma.jpg (39 KB, 499x562) Image search: [Google]
It's dogma.jpg
39 KB, 499x562
>>69669693
I laughed.

Well meme'd.
>>
>>69671051
ive been atheist long before i've heard of any of those guys and honestly don't give a shit about any of their opinions.
>>
File: 1421588052951.jpg (60 KB, 634x600) Image search: [Google]
1421588052951.jpg
60 KB, 634x600
>>69671300
>>
>>69671048
Jainism and Buddhism is a practiced religion in India, but all the people that do practice it usually believe in an alternate religion as well (usually Hinduism)
Meaning that they practice Buddhism and Jainism but they pray to Hindu gods
Dunno how that works but its the same in other countries with buddhism too
Went to Thailand and it had Idols of Hindu gods everywhere that Buddhists were praying to
In the west, the people that convert to Buddhism are usually edgy hippy atheist fags
>>
File: atom_stylized.png (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
atom_stylized.png
21 KB, 500x500
sometimes its drawn with 4 orbitals
>>
>>69671166
>Confucianism should be a theistic religion
Er, how so? From what I remember of Confucius he was obsessed with a proper society, nothing else.

>Tbqh Taoism should be a theistic religion too. If one reads the Tao Team Ching and Zhuangzi then they can see the theism. Specifically panentheism.
I can see where that argument comes from... but hardcore Taoists will insist the Tao isn't a "thing" and so cannot be worshiped. More of an acknowledgement of truth I guess.

>>69671231
Buddhism is supposed to be about introspection, so they claim it's more meditation than religion. At least the western or "secular" version is divorced from the pissing contest celebrity contest in the east.
>>
File: 1458493236776.png (98 KB, 502x410) Image search: [Google]
1458493236776.png
98 KB, 502x410
>>69670198
Or maybe it just symbolises an atom with a principle quantum number N=2. Hence the angular quantum number L can be +1,0,-1, giving three possible orbit orientations. There are no combinations with two or four possible orientations btw

http://chemed.chem.purdue.edu/genchem/topicreview/bp/ch6/quantum.html

Or maybe it just looks more aesthetic. Must have been the kikes though as this is /pol/
>>
>>69671632
Read it again and see him talking about Heaven all the time.

Hardcore Taoists are influenced by Buddhism. Check Folk Taoism.
>>
>>69671351
Did you listen to rock & roll before you heard of Elvis? Talk on a phone before you learned about Graham Bell?

You're an atheist because of them and people like them. Not identifying who was pulling your marionette strings until later in life doesn't make them any less your puppeteer.
>>
>>69671223
>you fell for that one

what part of that do you not believe? jsut google your question and im prettty sure youre going to find an answer.

and i know that you can watch some idiot with a camera and no credentials whatsoever talk about global warming, but most scientists agree with climate change and even if you dont admit it, if you think that all scientists are hiding information for some reason youre a conspiracist too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXoRSIxyIU

heres the most popular (and an actual physicist) debunking the biggest claims
>>
>>69670943
It's right there in plain sight.
>>
>>69671759
environmentalists have claimed CO2 was the source of global warming, and provided a model of greenhouse effect to back that claim

then the global temperatures stopped raising and they switched from "global warming" to "climate change"
however they didnt change the model they used to blame CO2 to explain the new phenomena
>>
>>69669897
>Atheism failed because it focused on denying the existence of god

Atheism is alive and well, it's just more of an academic stance, don't buy argument from authority..
When entering the political sphere, you get [insert your favourite political party] instead of God.
>>
>>69672011
it failed at lifting people into enlightenment, which is what it was supposed to do
>>
File: ayyyy.jpg (9 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.jpg
9 KB, 249x202
>>69670369
scientology
>>
>>69672095
Politically it never set out to do so, just denying the existence of God as you wrote.
Atheism isn't an uplifting thing per say, just one component to lift you into enlightenment. But too often conflated with politics anyhow.
>>
>>69670369
>Atheism

TOP KEK ATHEISTS BTFO
>>
>>69671140
Pure lies, point to where he calls himself a Buddhist in any way.
You wont because you cant, you will just make up some bullshit about how you THINK he is.
>>
File: religion universe.jpg (68 KB, 213x1920) Image search: [Google]
religion universe.jpg
68 KB, 213x1920
>>69669693
>Why is Atheism such a backward, primitive, anti-progress, bigoted, ignorant collection of outdated beliefs ?

Good question, Ahmed.
>>
>>69671759

>meme science

this is such a hollow debate.

Even though human co2 emission contributes to the climate change it can't be assured that there is no and there will be no natural climate change like in the renaissance age, the late roman period etc...

Adaptability is a must. We must prepare to a global change and try to live with it rather than to try to prevent it.

>nature is a delicate system that's in perfect balance until humans mess with it

Except when it isn't. Enormous naturalist fallacy. We survived this long because there was some form of a balance, but you can't say that'll always be the case. The system can change at any time, and it happens that now we might help in tipping it off the balance.

But it's irreversible anyway. At this point you can't just "fix" the atmosphere and bind the co2 back. If the warming continues more co2 will be released, then even methane and so on.

Not to mention our whole technology at this point heavily relies on burning fossil fuel and raising animals, who produce co2 and more importantly methane.

He just jabs at the end that it'd be easier to just prevent the climate change than to suffer the consequences.

But you can't prevent it. Even if you shut down the whole global industry and agriculture you can't reverse the process, you can only stall it.

And you have no estimation at all to back you up.

He mingles memes and predictions with half-assed models. Yes, there are proper researches in there, but it's just meme science for the most part of it.

And this is why the global warming religion is a con. It utilizes a natural phenomenon to grab money and power. If they really cared about the well-being of people, they wouldn't push co2 quotas and TRADE THEM AROUND.

They would try to prepare for what's coming.
>>
>>69671736
i didnt need anyone to tell me a magical sky man was a dumb idea.

atheism is the default position. you become religious through the manipulation of others, not the other way around.
>>
Ecology is the new religion.

Prove me wrong.

pro-tip: you can't.
>>
>>69669693
>Rutherford model.
Because Schrodinger model is hard to draw.
>>
>>69672681
OP COMPLETLY BTFO HOLY SHIT WE GOT A WINNER RIGHT HERE
>>
>>69670369

secular humanism

>muh inalienable human rights
>muh equality
>muh metaphysical concepts of morality based on post-Christian tradition instead of actual human behavior

People who make ideas into religions are either great leaders or great con artists.

At some point ancient mesopotamian religions or even christianity were driving forces of human development using cutting edge contemporary scientific and philosophical theories.

Then they couldn't adapt.

Atheism isn't irreligion. Irreligion and scepticism are very useful to clear things out and give us a tabula rasa again. But it has to be filled to give people a common ground.

And I sure as hell don't want fucking memers, secularists and sjws fill it with their shitty morality and plans for the future.
>>
File: Schrodinger.jpg (43 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Schrodinger.jpg
43 KB, 400x300
>>69673035
Nah not really, just draw orbitals Petre
>>
Even though I find religion to be completely stupid and those that believe in it to be utterly pathetic I view religion to be an absolute necessity for a functioning society.

Yuropoor is a great example of it, the removal of religion is a castration of the human will.
No urge to fight, no urge to put their foot and force others to assimilate it sadly leads to a weak society easily allowed to be taken over by any barbaric group out there.

Religion is a tool to unite the masses and fight off threats.
>>
>>69672533
https://youtu.be/Iwac6Uk-zyk?t=230

He calls it something else - "mindfulness" and "spirituality" - but what he practices is essentially Buddhist meditation. This secular buddhism is all about following the teachings of buddhism but none of the dogma.
>>
>>69672823
>atheism is the default position. you become religious through the manipulation of others, not the other way around.
any other answer is simply false, prove me wrong
>>
>>69671048
>>69670657
If they were buddhist or taoist, then they wouldn't be aetheist, now, would they?
>>
>>69672873

>only educated whites actually care about the environment

>abos burnt down their whole continent and haven't evolved since
>niggers actively ruin Africa, leaving desert behind them since they are too lazy and too greedy to adpot new farming techniques and use crops they can't harvest every 2-3 months, I recommend you read up on why the SAHEL area is endangered so much

>chinks...

whites, especially cucks will die out in a century and no one will give a shit about the environment after that
>>
>>69669693
It's the strongest and most well known symbol. Many people not familiar with science recognize that symbol and associate it with atoms and science. The more recent models are not so widespread. That is why using that as a symbol for atheism is a better idea than the other models.
>>
>>69672823 >>69673211
So is shitting in your pants.
>>
File: 1411615604529.gif (1014 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1411615604529.gif
1014 KB, 360x203
>>69673362
>>
>>69673206

but he calls it spirituality and don't want to enforce it.

And this is the difference.

You can have religion and can have spirituality. Those are completely different things.

Muslims are religious, sufis are spiritual.

Christians are religious, gnostics and mysticists are spiritual.

Of course most spiritual people are religious too, but these are two distinct things. Bread and butter. Best applied together but can be consumed on their own.
>>
>>69673161
The Christians that are left here are the ones that are cucking the hardest with their 'refugees welcome' shit.

I've seen tons of flyers being distributed by a Christian charity that is shaming people into being pro-refugee, because 'real christians can tell the fake christians, who have no compassion to strangers, apart from the true meaning of Christ'.
They keep up this act as if every Christian already agrees with them and that they also already agree that everyone that doesn't want to be replaced by the browns is a lamb that was led astray, and that they should pray for them.

Almost every pro-refugee organisation/advertisement I see has Christian roots
>>
>>69673206
Already with the justifications, he has talked many times how you can take out things like meditation out of the religious context completely and keep everything valuable.
Just because you practice certain kinds of meditation does not make you a member of its origin, taking aspirin doesn't make me a doctor, eating meat doesn't make me a butcher.
>>
>>69673456
Maybe in your cucked country where people are christians just to be a part of a club and use it as a social event and gathering as opposed to an actual place of worship.
Something I blame atheists of doing their rise has forced christians to pander to left wing and inevitably become everything an atheist is outside of name alone.

Modern day christians, nothing but atheists who pretend to be a christian for social benefits.
>>
>>69673955
>Maybe in your cucked country where people are christians just to be a part of a club and use it as a social event and gathering as opposed to an actual place of worship.

These people are devout Christians that actually believe.
I'm from the bible belt here, these people aren't just doing it to be flashy. They're conservative in every other aspect.
>>
>>69673477
Buddhism has a million and one branches, he's just picked a branch that suits his worldview. Argue all you like that it's not a religion, I've already conceded that ground. But what he practices is something that the lay person would understand as buddhism.

And no, taking asprin doesn't make you a doctor; but it does make you a believer in pharmaceuticals. Sam's a believer in meditation because of his subjective experience with it via buddhism, not because he used the atheist super-power of logic to suddenly discover it was a good idea.
>>
>>69674024
Your christians are surely different to ours in the US.

Our devout christians despise the muslims and see them as a threat.
Which can be seen for their support of Cruz and Trump which has both of them wanting to crack down on muslims.

Your country is atheist majority and left wing and so are your christians.
>>
>>69672211
ALL HAIL LORD XENU!
>>
>>69670369
Feminism, Marxism, Liberalism, Equality, Progressivism

Those are the religions atheists fall for.
>>
>>69675067

Not all of us.
>>
>>69675067
>all squares are rectangles
>therefore all rectangles are squares
>>
>>69674342
generally the people that are anti-immigration, our anti-immigration party currently polling as the favourite party, are atheist
>>
File: m lady.gif (2 MB, 263x252) Image search: [Google]
m lady.gif
2 MB, 263x252
>>69669693
>>
>>69670369
Black Science Manism
>>
File: juliusfeels.png (17 KB, 300x181) Image search: [Google]
juliusfeels.png
17 KB, 300x181
>>69674342
Every single atheist I know, me included, absolutely hate and fear the islamisation of Europe and we trashtalk Islam openly.

Many of us are knowledgeable about many religions and have read the bible, quran+sunnah and i have read parts of the talmud.

Simply being an atheist doesnt say anything on your stance about anything else than your belief in a god. After that you can be for or against mass immigration for whatever reason.
>>
Atheists should not be allowed to live for the simple fact that they are not intelligent enough
>>
File: 1449930853007.png (66 KB, 600x578) Image search: [Google]
1449930853007.png
66 KB, 600x578
>>69676374
Says the trailer trash gypsy.
>>
>>69669693
atheism is a belief now?
wtf omg lol
>>
>>69669746
this; atheism is about as much a religion as not collecting coins is a hobby, or abstinence is a sex act.

edgy teens have made it into a sort of organization, with shit like "muh amazing atheist"
>>
File: fiftyshadesofpepe.gif (1 MB, 300x313) Image search: [Google]
fiftyshadesofpepe.gif
1 MB, 300x313
>>69676703
Yes they have made it into a community and the fact is some of them need it.

Where I come from there are a shitload of religious families who will disown their son/daughter the instant they dont believe in the religion.

These disowned people might have no friends or family outside of that religion and humans being pack animals, most need a community or at least a couple of friends, so it's a good thing atheists come together because they are atheist so they have some common ground.

I myself am not one of those from religious families, but I can understand the need for such atheist communities.
>>
>>69677673
Where you from Suomibro?
>>
>>69669693
What are you talking about? I wish I could live in the West where there aren't so many intolerant religious bigots who believe in sky pixies. Maybe we should do a trade and make all religious people live in Eastern countries and all atheists in Western ones, we can finally focus on science and discover the wonders of space
>>
You get to the gates of heaven, god is Swedish, what do you do?
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.