[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were Asians able to develop the best martial arts in human
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 15
File: 1459533515476.gif (1013 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1459533515476.gif
1013 KB, 700x500
Why were Asians able to develop the best martial arts in human history?

Literally the most effective forms the world has ever known.

Muay Thai alone is among the most favored disciplines for modern MMA/UFC fighters.
>>
>>69666674
bc they are less homo genetically
>>
>>69666674

>martial arts
>not a meme

I had to fight some gook in high school. He did martial arts but I lifted. He kept trying to hug me and put me in these weird locks, as I think they are called. I beat the shit out of him.
>>
>>69666794
yeah hugging weight lifters.. not a good idea
>>
>>69666674
They had more time to play with fists and knives until whites
showed up with guns and made their "arts" irrelevant.
>>
Asian martial arts are all faggot shit. None of that shit works in a real fight.

I took karate classes when I was younger and none of the shit that I was taught would work in a real fight. They taught to like...deflect punches. When the fuck have you ever seen anyone move quick enough to deflect a punch? That doesn't work in reality.

If you want to learn how to fight take boxing lessons. I did, and my fighting improved a shitload. They teach you real, practical things. I'll never forget something that my boxing instructor said: "Keep your eyes open for. every. fucking. thing." For some reason that quote still sticks with me and it's true. No matter how hard you get punched you need to keep your eyes on your opponent.
>>
brazilian jui jitsu.
/thread
>>
Greco-Roman wrestlers destroy everyone. The East only began incorporating takedowns and ground and pound after Americans destroyed everyone there. Before it was all punches and kicks, which are useless in a fight. Fights are all about wrestling.

UFC is fake, by the way. The Fertitas are a mob family and have been in control of a fixed fighting empire for generations, the Gracies who started UFC also are known for fixing fights, and Pride and Pancrase have had several known WORKED fights of record, not just fixed. PrideFC went down in flames when the Japanese press exposed their Yakuza links. It's all fucking fake.
>>
>>69666674
> gooks
> knowing how to fight in a battle

Topjej
>>
>>69666674
Because Asians didn't have guns, even Bruce Lee admitted his shit would lose to a revolver.
>>
>>69666674
A European swordsman would have ruined a Japanese swordsman.

A European hand-do-hand fighter would have ruined a Japanese 'martial artist' based on size alone.

Martial arts are a fucking money making scam. This was true even back when they were being developed. All that 'ki' bullshit, and nonsense practice posing. It's garbage.

Sparring is the only way to develop your own system... not a style, a system. You teach yourself your strengths, and learn how to counter certain things... this is only done with actual fighting, and the trickery of asian fighting is useless in a real-world scenario.

Martial arts "masters" were traveling snake-oil salesmen.
>>
>>69666919
this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu5i6j99Lls
>>
>>69666674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFDhu8VuQw
>>
>>69667060
You have *literally* nothing to back that up with.
>>
>>69666674
They have some awesome stuff and some shit stuff.
Muay thai overtook the fist techniques of english boxing because their own were shit.
>>
>>69666918
>They taught to like...deflect punches. When the fuck have you ever seen anyone move quick enough to deflect a punch? That doesn't work in reality.
>If you want to learn how to fight take boxing lessons. I did, and my fighting improved a shitload. They teach you real, practical things. I'll never forget something that my boxing instructor said: "Keep your eyes open for. every. fucking. thing." For some reason that quote still sticks with me and it's true. No matter how hard you get punched you need to keep your eyes on your opponent.

If you keep your eyes open you can deflect or dodge a punch.

You either have shit reaction time, poor coordination, or both.

Learn to read a person and have situational awareness and nobody will get a drop on you. Or if they do they wont connect as hard as they could allowing you to retaliate.

But yeah, most Asian martial arts are shit tier. All flash and show, and little effectiveness.

Even Bruce Lee later found boxing to be a better alternative to Asian martial arts. Since it was about ending a fight quickly, and efficiently. With no movements wasted on flourishing steps.
>>
>>69667033
6 weeks guy speaking
>>
>>69666919
>brought to brazil by nips

try again retard
>>
File: faggot_1459219102117-r.jpg (596 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
faggot_1459219102117-r.jpg
596 KB, 1920x1200
>>69666674

> krav maga

> "Asian"

Once again, OP is a faggot.
>>
Instead of wasting time on practicing how to swing a sword mildly better, everyone else built better siege weapons and invented armour which made 70% of their techniques worthless/ineffective
>>
>f3
>boyka
>0 results
wew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASC85Hh_J6U
>>
>>69666674
Except Greco-Roman wrestlers would've wrecked any gook for the last 3000 years.

The only thing that can take on wrestling is BJJ which by definition isn't even really Asian.
>>
>>69667263
Show me all those Nip JJ masters dominating the UFC and other MMA leagues

I'll wait you fucking weaboo cock sucking faggot

Asians suck at everything physical
>>
>>69666918
>jeet kune do
>faggot shit

This nigger right here...
>>
>>69666674
Instead of focusing on fancy footwork and grabs we invented this thing called a shield that let us block weapons.
>>
>>69667327
Can you name another that isn't asian?
>>
Thank the indians for kickstarting it,

Also since we're bashing martial arts:
the annoying thing about martial arts is that it needs an obscene amount of training and is thus useless in war since the enemy can just levy 10 slightly trained troops for 1 of your extremely disciplined troops and they would beat the living daylights out of him, so it ended up mostly being useful for self defense, because the goal is survive not to defeat your oponnents who might outnumber you
>>
>>69667231

He told me to keep my eyes open even when I am getting punched in the face. I was closing my eyes while getting punched. If you keep your eyes open you can see if your opponent is going to follow it up with another punch.

Deflecting punches doesn't work. You can dodge a punch or block a punch but deflecting doesn't work, and deflecting is like 75% of karate. "Oh just deflect the punch with a karate chop and follow through with a kick." Yeeeeeah, like that will fucking work.

Seriously, boxing lessons are the shit. I should take more. They're kind of expensive and you really have to give it 100%. Hopefully I can get athletic enough to get back into it. I let myself get chubby as your average, shitty-diet-eating, beer-drinking American.
>>
>>69667445
>never seen Pride
>hurr why aren't asians fighting in western countries
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 650x650
>>69667481
>>69666674
How can martial artists even compete?
>>
>>69666674
Study of the Mind and Body
>>
>>69667510
Sambo
>>
>>69666674
Martial arts is all for show, theres a reason why you dont see real fights play out with people flipping around.
>>
>>69667481
We invented this thing called a gun that let us just shoot incoming opponents.

>inb4 muh chinese invented gunpowder
>>
>>69666980
>have been in control of a fixed fighting empire for generations

I don't doubt this. I've seen tons of MMA fights that felt fixed and plenty of times people will just hold back when clearly the opportunity to take the advantage or finish the fight was there.
>>
>>69667510

> name "another"
> "the best martial arts in human history"

That's not even "just" moving the goal posts, lad. You've mounted them on the back of a bumper car and are driving it through rush hour traffic through the middle of crazy town.

Maybe you should name any martial art "in human history" that is superior?
>>
>>69667894
You gotta admit, McGregor legit knocked out Aldo.
>>
>>69667590
>Michael Duncan
Of course you wouldn't respect martial arts. You're huge.
>>
>>69667058
Some of the fiction written by Eric Van Lustbader in the 80s (when Japan was the biggest cultural/economic meme) would seem cringeworthy now.
>>
>>69666674
>Why were Asians able to develop the best martial arts in human history?
You don't HEMA OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohmLaZHStmI
https://youtu.be/KKA-FRuDuLQ
https://youtu.be/-TzdtyMC7ek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkhpqAGdZPc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umi_HUoLdl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXbSv7lhKzg
>>
>>69666674
Theirs are the same as any other martial arts, they just had a lot of time/tradition behind them to produce complicated schools and ranking systems. It doesn't mean it's somehow better than anything foreigners came up with. They just have a lot more decoration.

This is like saying the Great Wall was stronger than any other wall built by foreigners. It was just really big.
>>
>>69666674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqn09yaGpOc
This is reality. Stop fapping to martial art movies kiddo.
>>
>>69668935
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnM3bHs3GL0
>>
>>69666918
My reaction time is great and I am able to avoid punches IRL.I am super skinny and still beat shit out of much bigger guys.Also, leg usage training are very useful IRL as no one expect fucking sudden head kick in street fight and it's also usually instant knock-out.
>>
Muay Thai and Judo (and by extension BJJ) are the only two gook martial arts worth anything though.

Meanwhile the west has Boxing, Kickboxing, freestyle folk style and greco roman wrestling
>>
>>69666674

Be ause that's what they did to each other.
>>
they had shit-tier metal to work with so they had to develop fighting styles to compensate.
>>
>>69666674
bow to your israeli overlords and their krav maga

martial arts are gay and you should use every possible chance to defeat your enemy, like our best ally
>>
Minoans used to wrestle bulls

ancient europeans were fucking RIPPED to shit
>>
If you want to train troops the best way of training is sambo, it doesnt take shittone of time to teach you to stretch or learn 7 leg kicks, it only teaches 3 most basic and useful, it also includes basics of wrestling, some box techniques etc, making it one of the most useful martial arts irl.
>>
File: roman boxer.jpg (94 KB, 444x640) Image search: [Google]
roman boxer.jpg
94 KB, 444x640
>muh asian martial arts
>>
>>69666674

>implying Medieval Europe wasn't as good

Come now
>>
>>69666794
>not learning the art of a thousand lap dances

Not only did my opponent fuck my brains out but he brought dinner for me afterwards. feels good man
>>
If IDs didn't exist I would have posted 50 posts ITT
>>
>>69668935
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T72KLpUC4-Q
For comparison.
>>
>>69669124
This. after a while it just becomes muscle reflex.
>>
>>69666674
I thought the difference was that most of Europe's martial arts stopped getting passed on after mass firearms got introduced.
>>
>>69666674

t. Farang sex tourist
>>
File: 1021135-_34.jpg_0.jpg (23 KB, 373x367) Image search: [Google]
1021135-_34.jpg_0.jpg
23 KB, 373x367
>>69666674
Because their weaponry sucks ass and they had next to no foreign influence.
>>
>>69666674
My guess is that it was not needed. It does not really have a good use in war.
>>
>>69666674
>brittle swords
>combat for weak people
>only works ok because they have fast reaction times
Nah, Asian martial arts are shit.
>>
>>69666674
Because Europeans realised it was more effective to defend yourself with a gun.
>>
File: DSC04314.jpg (655 KB, 1248x1427) Image search: [Google]
DSC04314.jpg
655 KB, 1248x1427
>>69669736
Way before.
>>
They didn't . European martial arts used weapons always. First swords and daggers and then guns. Until the very recent time soldiers and aristocracy always carried some form of weapon at all time.
>>
>>69666674
The truth is that asian countries have always banned civilians from owning weapons. Martial arts came about as a means to resist. It was often taught and practiced in secret. In the case of muay thai, it was disguised as dance.
>>
File: Pteradactylus.webm (1 MB, 400x713) Image search: [Google]
Pteradactylus.webm
1 MB, 400x713
SEA had best martial arts. They literally trained in that, along with their weaponry, from birth. Siam wasn't ever colonized by Euros, and for a reason. Guns can't help you when every target you can shoot is within 10 feet of you, a gap that, as the police you'd learn in police training, can be closed in less than 2 seconds.

It mostly involved using long pieces of wood and/or breaking bones by using weight to fracture the joints.
>>
>>69669966
>They stuck the arrows in the ground so that the wound would have germs and filth in it and cause long term health problems for the enemy even after the battle was over.
Fucking brutal.
>>
You guys are faggots. Yes some asian martial arts are useless but stop this cuck shit with "they are ALL useless". It's something fun to do at the very least for fitness.
>>
>>69669843
those damn spetsnaz and their shovel tricks
>>
>>69670472
Actually those arrows are about 1m long and 1cm in diameter, so it's easier to shoot this way.
>>
>>69667189

imagine if he didnt wear those big boxing gloves. He would have beaten jet li in the first round
>>
>>69670806
That... that's not Jet--
>>
File: 075-soldat_s_sapernoy_lopatkoy.jpg (103 KB, 597x454) Image search: [Google]
075-soldat_s_sapernoy_lopatkoy.jpg
103 KB, 597x454
>>69670532
That's not a spetsnas thing. Usual infantry training. As they used to say - to get involved in barehand melee fight solder should lose his rifle, pistol, bayonet knife, shovel, helmet, belt buckle and face some idiot, who did the same on a plane field with no stones or shit around.
>>
>>69667775
>we
So you were Turkish?
>>
>>69666918
When I awakened my sharingan I became an expert taijutsu master. You must come from a shit bloodline.
>>
>>69669608
You can still do that, nimrod.
>>
>>69671500
Arabs actually.
>>
Have to make up for their shitty steel.
>>
Lol why learn a martial art.

All you need to be able to do is punch hard and have a hard skull.
>>
>>69670472
I don't think so, that might have been a side effect, but sticking them into the ground just would have made grabbing another arrow easier.
>>
File: 1370914264841.png (130 KB, 254x270) Image search: [Google]
1370914264841.png
130 KB, 254x270
>>69670183
Siam wasn't conquered because it created a buffer zone between British burma and French Indo china you stupid faggot. The Brits didn't want Siam because they lost a shit ton of money taking burma because it didn't return profits.
>>
>>69671612
>>69671096
redpill me on Cиcтeмa
>>
>>69671612
>>69667775
Both the the gun and gunpowder (not just gunpowder) were invented by Chinamen, actually.
>>
>>69666674

Western boxing is one of the most efficient forms of fighting and wrestling is one of the better forms of grappling. You add in kickboxing and you have a core that makes you a well-rounded, capable fighter across any continent and historical time.

A lot of martial arts developed around their time according to certain rules and constraints. Karate is pretty laughable right now as a form of self-defense fighting. But Take the same form and movements, take on 100 pounds of armor, then those movements make a lot more sense.

Same thing with Tai-Chi. Kung Fu developed the same way along with Brazillian Caipoera, where it was suppressed and dressed up through cultural repression and hundreds of years of "tradition" muddling core concepts.
>>
>>69672019
>video related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY6gVEHQwYw
>>
File: 66478299.jpg (72 KB, 466x432) Image search: [Google]
66478299.jpg
72 KB, 466x432
>>69666759
>>
>>69672072
Wrong.

Jew Jit Su, aka Krav Maga, is the most effective form of fighting.
>>
>>69672154

>Australia

God dammit every time.
>>
>>69669230

>Welcome to krav
What do if man has gun?
>kick balls
What do if man has knife?
>kick balls
What do if man puts me in headlock?
>kick balls
>that will be 10£ for today's lesson goy.
>>
File: Сталин-Stalin.jpg (265 KB, 800x1150) Image search: [Google]
Сталин-Stalin.jpg
265 KB, 800x1150
>>69672019
It has nothing to do with spetsnaz at all (exept the fact, that asshole, who invented it taught some spetsnaz unit Combat Sambo). Just another clown make money on weak pidors, who believe in fairy tails.
IRL it's looks like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NIxULhMGZA
Kickboxer was asked to not punch in a full strength.
>>
Higher IQ.
>>
Asian martial arts is peasant martial arts, literally.

Western martial arts uses proper weapons because the West has always been a much freer society where people weren't literally cucked by the elite.
>>
File: 1427049328861.jpg (213 KB, 797x448) Image search: [Google]
1427049328861.jpg
213 KB, 797x448
>>69666918
>he can't deflect punches

What's your power level?
>>
>>69669124
My strategy is to push them onto there back hold there arms down with my knees and punch them in the head until they go limp. I took a kung foo guy like this before. I'm short (5'9) and really big built so im heavier and stronger than the average 6'0" to 6"5 guy. When i was in collage i got in a fight with this really tall guy he was like 6'8" I ended up grabbing his legs and pulling them out from under him, once he was on the ground it was all oger. I'd say the best strategy for fighting me is to keep your distance and throw quick punches from the side and backstep, im strong but im not very fast.
>>
>>69672437
Not spiritual enough. You can't sell expensive books after telling all the secrets out.
>>
>>69666674
They invented a lot of martial arts, but a lot of them were garbage. Most Western martial arts were abandoned as warfare changed, as well.

As we're finding out now, German Langschwert was one of the most developed and intricate martial arts to ever exist, and when combined with Kampfringen (martial wrestling) it was basically the perfect system of fighting for the armored, armed man. The various fencing styles of the rapier (which were largely lost except for select manuals) were also far more scientific and well explained than their Eastern equivalents.

In a more modern sense, Greco-Roman wrestling is still a dominant force in MMA, as is Boxing, alongside the primarily Japanese arts of Karate (a lot of striking comes from Karate for some reason) and Jiu-Jitsu, though the latter has been largely tempered and demystified by the likes of the Gracies.
>>
Asians have long tradition of buddhism and it forbid monks to use any other weapons than their hands and feet for protection.
>>
File: Testudo_formation.jpg (2 MB, 2448x1710) Image search: [Google]
Testudo_formation.jpg
2 MB, 2448x1710
>>69666674
The west has fuck tons of martial arts they just fall out of use when technology changes.
>>
>>69667327
obligatory "israel is southwest asia and jesus was asian"
>>
File: Orange.jpg (20 KB, 300x399) Image search: [Google]
Orange.jpg
20 KB, 300x399
>>69666919
>Inventor of BJJ gets BTFO by a 5'5 Judo Master
>Gracie family gets fucking rekt by a 5'8 Shoot Wrestler
>>
>>69673001
>Greco-Roman wrestling is still a dominant force in MMA
It's freestyle wrestling or sambo usually.
>>
>>69666674
Anybody who has actually seriously studied martial arts will tell you that your premise that asiatic people developed the "best martial arts" is false. They will also add that, for the most part, martial arts around the world really arent that different. The greatest variations exist in weapon based forms, and these are primarily do to the differences in the weapons themselves.

Martial forms are not representative of how the art is practiced in actual fact. Many asiatic traditions emphasize the form over the function because they have become cultural practices that fulfill functions similar to that of dance. If you are actually Thai, you might have a sense of Muay Thai as being very ritualized, having an American sports wrestling element to it in televised tournaments, and generally not as just for bashing faces in.

Im guessing you are just visiting or using a proxy, though.
>>
>>69667058
Maybe his son should have listened
>>
>>69673300
Manlets have an unfair advantage.
>>
>>69666918
Those classes are scams, my uncle runs a karate place and he just makes half the shit up, good money though.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.