[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is voting for a businessman for president a good idea? only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 2016_03_31_pres_600.png (216 KB, 600x428) Image search: [Google]
2016_03_31_pres_600.png
216 KB, 600x428
why is voting for a businessman for president a good idea?

only 4 presidents have been businessmen prior to public office:

* Harding (ranked one of the worst of all time despite his short tenure)

* Truman (did okay)

* HW Bush (recession)

* GW Bush (great recession)

businessmen don't seem to make good presidents
>>
>>69664609
So who would be better?
Corrupt Hillary?
Lying Ted?
Literally no work experience Bernie?
Trump is a nationalist. That is all that matters.
>>
>>69664609
b i l l
c l i n t o n
>>
>>69664609

Because the American establishment is so toxic its driven people to vote for anyone who's moderately successful in any field. Shit logic I know, but Americas so fucked it wont make the end of the decade so who cares.
>>
>>69664609

Just out of memory I believe Andrew Jackson was a businessman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jackson
>>
Fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>69664609
There's simply not enough data points to determine what prior occupation is best suited to become president
>>
>>69664849
He was a professional soldier
>>
>>69664783
w a s
a
l a w y e r
>>
>>69665102

Says something about him owning hundreds of slaves.

Seems he was some sort of success story before he went to rope the frenchies and then kick the jew out of the banking system.
>>
>>69664609
that's the plan

>run your country into the gutter
>civil war
>degenerate cleansing
>America is great again
>>
>>69665043

professions before entering either military service or politics

1 (2) teachers (LBJ, Clinton (also lawyer))

1 actor (Reagan)

4 businessmen (Harding, Truman, HW Bush, GW Bush)

1 farmer (Carter)

24 (26) lawyers (Adams, Monroe, Quincy Adams, Jackson, Tyler, Polk, Fillmore, Pierce, Buchanan, Lincoln, Hayes, Garfield, Arthur, Cleveland (twice non-consecutive), Harrison, McKinley, Taft,
Coolidge, FDR, Nixon, Ford, Obama, Van Buren, Clinton (also teacher))

4 dedicated military (Harrison, Taylor, Grant, Eisenhower)

1 historian (T. Roosevelt)

1 mining engineer (Hoover)

3 planters (Madison, Washington, Jefferson (also lawyer))

1 politician (JFK, mostly worked with his father in the US london embassasy)

1 tailor (A. Johnson)

1 academic (Wilson)

take your pick
>>
>>69664609
A lot presidents ran some sort of side business, almost all of them if you count a law office as a business.

>>69665102
>HW Bush is a business man despite having been vice president, director of the CIA, and ambassador to China
>Andrew Jackson, a plantation owner and merchant alongside running a law business is not a business man
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hermitage_%28Nashville,_Tennessee%29

You're full of shit, fampai-kun.
>>
>>69664609
It's not in my opinion. I love Obama and want another president like him so I'm going with Hillary. the United States is not a business or even a household like those on the far right like to say.
>>
>>69664609
the great recession was caused by clinton loosening and actively forcing banks to loan money to unqualified people
>>
>>69665758
not an argument
>>
File: Yes to Hillary.gif (683 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Yes to Hillary.gif
683 KB, 480x270
>>69665820
glass-steagall was already dead by the time clinton signed its repeal. Many presidencys and congress' owe blame for that, in fact I'd put most of the blame on Reagan, who dramatically deregulated, and who pushed the US rightward enough that we got center-right clinton
>>
>>69665680
Teddy Roosevelt was a soldier of fortune he raised his own army and fought in Puerto Rico for fucks sake

I don't know where this historian shit is coming from, the man was a professional adventurer he certainly wouldn't have been content sitting in a study and reading books as his life's work

>>69665695
Andrew Jackson was a soldier in the War of 1812, in fact that was a big part of his campaign
>>
>>69666182
what part of

>BEFORE

>ENTERING

>MILITARY

>SERVICE

do you not comprehend
>>
Durr. I have a lemonade stand. I think it prints money. I am a slave owner. I spend on inventory and staff. I research all the lemoney goodness. Cripes. How is commerce any different than this? Muh imbizzible hahynd. They don't do shit and we pay their food and parking
>>
>>69665130
w h i c h i s

a

b u s i n e s s
>>
>>69666168
>Reagan, who dramatically deregulated
funny how you didn't name anything specific but were so quick to defend the deregulation of glass steagall

reagan actually closed tax loopholes
>>
>>69666598
After graduating from Yale Law School, Clinton returned to Arkansas and became a law professor at the University of Arkansas

Clinton joined friend Bruce Lindsey's Little Rock law firm of Wright, Lindsey and Jennings

do you see Clinton, Clinton, and Clinton on there?

no?

because it wasn't his business.
>>
>>69664609
Hello CIA shill.
>>
>>69666168
Community Reinvestment Act - look it up
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.