[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did /pol/ watch the libertarian debate? If so what did my fellow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: images (1).jpg (12 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
12 KB, 303x166
Did /pol/ watch the libertarian debate?

If so what did my fellow anons think?

Personally I liked petersen the most, Johnson seems to be going a little too far left but nowhere near the insanity that is Hillary or bernie. And mcafee seems sound but is unpolished and also has issues with his past.
>>
I'm still voting for Bernie tbqh.

Wasn't impressed at all.

They seem like nutjobs imo.
>>
File: 1445474665863.gif (349 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
1445474665863.gif
349 KB, 350x233
>>69653975
>Gomez
>>
>>69654034
>Pineda
>>
>>69653975
>calling other candidates nut jobs
>supporting bernie

Really? Kek
>>
A winner-takes-all election system essentially guarantees a two-party system. A third party has virtually no chance of gaining representation in government, so after repeated losses, most voters switch to a party that has a realistic chance of winning, meaning the two parties at the top, whichever represents their interests. If you vote for a Libertarian, Green Party, write-in, etc. you might as well just piss on your ballot and throw it at the poll worker. Until the US moves to a system of proportional representation, third parties are wasting their time.
>>
>>69653975
>boine thandas
>>
If I want to watch a bunch of retards debate idiotic ideals I would rather listen to jersey bros talk pre workout at GNC.
>>
>>69654169
I think the only reason the LP has such an uphill battle is all the bullshit from the debate committees and also the fact that most Americans are stuck in the DNC vs gop false dichotomy. There are plenty of better choices out there but they aren't pushed because the media has neoconservative and cuck agendas to push depending on which party they're backing
>>
>>69654288
Sounds like you've grown accustomed to GOP debate shenanigans. Rational people are out there anon
>>
There is a very real possibility that both Bernie and Trump will be screwed by the major parties and run independent.

With all four majors running it is not unreasonable that the libs could pull 24ish% and take the popular vote. Now, with the way the electorates split they won't get 270, and there is no way in hell congress will hand a lib the seat of it comes down to them, but that would be a strong message.

The imortant thing is not winning with a lib, it is getting at least 15% of the popular vote so that libs are in the big boy debates next cycle.
>>
>>69654563
I agree 100% I think this election offers the LP a serious shot at breaking that mark and being included in the debates next cycle
>>
>>69654103
Are they all Canadians or what's the point of that picture?
>>
libertarians hate america and all take lobbying money you stooges.
>>
>>69654828
You cannot possibly be this retarded

2/10 shitpost
>>
McAfee = Tony Stark.

If he got a bit of airtime Americans would love him.
>>
>>69656590
He is certainly the rogue of the 3
>>
>>69654452
But it's not only that. By supporting a party with no chance of winning, it is in the best interests of LP supporters NOT to vote LP, but to instead vote for whichever of the two major parties best supports their interests. It's game theory, really. You either vote LP and lose or vote GOP or DEM and at least have a chance at getting something less terrible than the one you hate more. Think of expected utility, with LP having a probability of success of close to zero. One of my friends does behavioral econ and recently redpilled me on this. I thought the problem was the two-party system, but the WTA voting system basically guarantees a two-party system because you gain nothing by supporting a party with no chance of taking everything.
>>
>>69657697
I read your post and realized your name fit your idiocy.
>>
>>69654288
You must love the taste of nigger cock
>>
>>69657820
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expected_utility_hypothesis
Read, then kill yourself
>>
any links?
>>
>>69658664
It's currently being replayed on Fox business, the debate was moderated by based stossel
>>
http://youtu.be/w7ELB5DL2kM
It is shit quality, and whoever cut it together is a sperglord, but it works if you can't find it elsewhere.

Keep your hand on the volume, there is some pretty fucked up sound layer shit early on.
>>
>>69659080
thanks bud!
>>
Mcaffee has too much baggage. He comes off as a strung out crack head at face value
>>
>>69657972
Let me know how life is when you have to pay to drive on every road there is that can be shut down whenever the private owner feels like it.
>>
>>69659898
>let me know what life is like when a walmart can close and stop selling you merchandise whenever they choose
>>
>>69654169
The Libertarian Party could win local and congressional elections. Sure, their presidential candidates have no shot, but they're there to spread the message and gain visibility for the party.
>>
>>69653926
Mcafee woo
>>
File: Libertarian Debate.jpg (74 KB, 624x409) Image search: [Google]
Libertarian Debate.jpg
74 KB, 624x409
>>69656590
This he's the best candidate. His life story is super interesting and tells the Libertarian point of view well.
>>
>>69653975
>a pinko commie supporter thinks libertarians are nut jobs
>color me surprised
>>
is the libertarian party even a serious thing?

as i understand it, the winner-takes-all election system makes every party that isnt reps or dems completely irrelevant. absolutely no chance at achieving a seat in congress or in the senate. so what's the point?
>>
>>69653926
>>69653926
Did they cover immigration?
>>
>>69661039
Considering the Republicans AND Democratic parties are seen as corrupt, we expect a higher than normal gain in membership/votes, mabye the GOP can die this year and be replaced like how the GOP replaced Whigs. We're sort of a mix between Lib Dems and UKIP in the UK context.
>>
>>69654169
>proportional representation
get that gay shit out of here
>>
>>69661320
Get fucked
>>
>>69653926
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7ELB5DL2kM

Here's the debate.
>>
>>69653926
These guys live in their own bubbles and are pretty clueless about the real world, desu. They are just talking about their ideologies in the abstract, discussing none of the relevant current issues. Since none of them have any chance of making it within a cannon shot of the white house, nobody really challenges them.
>>
>>69661550
>believing in the democratic jew
>>
>>69659898
You keep posting retarded shit, I'm not sure how to respond other than to call you retarded.
>>
>>69658472
>Hypothesis

Did god just cunt-blast your mom with retardation when nigger dicks shot jizz up in her nasty snatch to make you?
>>
yes, it was fucking awful

just a bunch of autistic liberals who don't want to pay taxes
>>
>>69654452
or maybe it's because they are open borders, when 68 percent of americans want the borders closed
>>
>>69662103

Christ, I wish I had more adjectives for you people. But, you are all so perfectly retarded.
>>
File: dafuq.png (100 KB, 1372x860) Image search: [Google]
dafuq.png
100 KB, 1372x860
>>69661110
>>
File: 1457846365063.jpg (2 MB, 3434x2959) Image search: [Google]
1457846365063.jpg
2 MB, 3434x2959
>>69654169

Exactly. The united states system is not a democracy.

It is a form of dictatorship which, in order to maintain the dictatorship, must appease the masses. This is better for us than a normal dictatorship. This form of dictatorship is required in this age of intellectual enlightenment. Unfortunately people can be easily manipulated, their attention turned towards whatever trivial issue is on display and that is how they maintain control. It is an illusion but preferable to other forms of dictatorship.
>>
>>69662215
thankfully we do have a name for people like you

lolbertarians
>>
>>69662383
I bet you coined that yourself because it is neither witty nor indicative of any thought.

I bet you finger your asshole to that zinger
>>
>>69662326
Wow.
Fuck McAffee.
All those drugs really did destroy his brain
>>
>>69662484
it's what /pol/ always called you lolbergs, newfag
>>
>>69662935
Like that changes anything. Now you're just fisting yourself on the creativity of another person
>>
> muh roads

There was no federal income tax till like 1914. There were roads before 1914. Maybe one day you'll accidentally read a book that mamma bird (public school) didnt pre approve and you'll learn something.
>>
>>69654103
>3 white men have committed crimes in the past half-decade
>this disproves all FBI crime-statistics!!!

guess they call it Jew York for a reason wew
>>
>>69653926
I think Johnsons okay. He is socially left, but everything else he's pretty right wing on
>>
>>69663288
He's Don Knots on camera. His policies may be sound, but he is an outright buffoon when presented on camera
>>
>>69657820

Honestly it's true. The system was not designed with parties in mind, and over time the parties have kind of had their cake and eaten it too, by treating themselves as "private organizations" whenever it suits them (such as, say, when they want to rig a nomination) and then acting as though they are state institutions whenever that suits them (such as when it comes to ballot regulations).

Over time, a system that unintentionally encourages two parties only has been tailored to make a third party almost impossible. Even if a third party could get 25% support it would be very difficult to break into congress, let alone a senate seat or the presidency.

Look at UKIP in another two-party-ish system, where 16% of the vote translated into 1 seat in parliament.

The really shitty thing is even in a proportional system, the mainstream establishmentarian parties of both right and left would just join forces rather than allow an "upstart" party into power, as in Sweden, France, and other cucked Yuropoor countries.
>>
>people other than billionaires and degenerates voting for "libertarians"

wew
>>
>>69653926
>>69653975
>>69654288
>>69656590
>>69660828
>>69661039
>>69663288

Petersen: cringy autist who thinks talking like a cartoon villian makes him cool.
McAfee: cringy try-hard who thinks acting like "le Tony Stark le HOOKERS AND BLOW XDDD" cartoon makes him cool. Bigger clown than even Trump.
Johnson: unelectable liberal cuck weenie pretending to be libertarian because he has no career path aside from running each cycle and expecting a different result.

We are watching the death throes of libertarianism. Or rather, not even watching it.
>>
>>69663577
As much as I want to shit on this, I can't. I appreciate the info anon. And after reading the post, I agree.

So, I am sorry for being shitty. I just want the government out of government. I'm a vet and honestly, the shittiest policies I have had to deal with have come from government. A resounding amount of veterans hate our government. I wish there was another option, one that didn't hurt our people.

I appreciate your response.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.