[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For a small loan of a million dollars, using very cheap labour,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
For a small loan of a million dollars, using very cheap labour, one could realistically dig a tunnel between the ocean and any point in the Sahara desert.
If that was then used to passively pipe water into a huge, deep pit created with the same labour, you could have large amounts of water constantly turning into vapour as it falls down a kilometre+ deep shaft that's warm at the bottom, creating rainfall in the surrounding area.

Why aren't we doing this?
>>
>>69645114
Why not use groundwater dipshit?
>>
>>69645114
You have no idea how little $1M is.
>>
>>69645114
>Why aren't we doing this?

http://carlsbaddesal.com/
>>
>>69645114
First off, a lack of water isn't the only problem in a desert. Still have shitty soils, porous sand and a fuckton of salts in there that would cause all sorts of problems in the ground water. Bringing in Salt water to the desert will fuck up all the groundwater anyway, so you wasted your time. The evaporation isn't realistically going to make it rain very much since the humidity in the desert is near zero and the vapor would basically expand to fit. Digging a km pit in sand is going to be pretty fucking difficult, and cost way more than a million dollars, and this would be a giant waste of time and money for every party involved.
>>
>>69645114
if u want to get water why dont u just get it from the ocean dummy
>>
>>69645114
I expected better from you, Australia.

1/10
>>
>>69647348
It goes far when you've got people who will work for a dollar a day.

>>69648128
It'll increase the rainfall somewhere at least.

>>69648260
That's the point.
The pit you drop the water into is supposed to separate the salt from the water, by being such a high drop that the water evaporates (kind of like Angel Falls).
>>
>>69647189
because muh recharge rates
>>
>>69645114
Dude, they did undersea tunnels for real, you could get reasonable estimates from that. $1M won't cover the publicity or the labor.
>>
>>69648614
I'm not suggesting hiring first-world miners, or an undersea tunnel.
What I'm suggesting is just a tunnel leading from the ocean to some random point in the Sahara, with occasional passages to the surface to make removing the stone dug out easier, and all the digging done by the cheapest miners Africa can provide.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.