[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you against affirmative action?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 1452737125597.jpg (110 KB, 759x508) Image search: [Google]
1452737125597.jpg
110 KB, 759x508
/pol/ why are you agaisnt affirmative action? By doing this we can help minorities get out of poverty which means less crime in the world! Sure you may end up not accepting some whites but they have white privilege so they can easily find a bother Uni to go to. Another reason why have a bias for POC is because they have been discriminated against for many years. Do you really think that a group of people who were the slave race can just bring themselves out of that without some help?

A racially diverse student body also allows for minorities to be represented and those who are not white may be able to bring new ideas that whited would not have thought of.It's 2016 people! Equality needs to be for everyone!

Come up with a good argument and make sure you supply the sauce.
>>
>>69630187
>page 6
Well obviously /pol/ had no reason to be agaisnt diversity so they must be all for it.
>>
File: 1459469641012.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
1459469641012.png
40 KB, 152x254
>>69630187
/pol/ would rather shit post and reoind to bait than have an actual discussion what a surprise, fuck this board.
>>
>>69630187
i don't want to help minorities out of poverty.
>>
Because affirmative action doesn't help anyone. It rewards people who don't try, and discourages people who have worked hard.
>>
>>69630187
>why are you agaisnt affirmative action? By doing this we can help minorities get out of poverty which means less crime in the world!

Yeah, because it's worked so well up until now.

>Another reason why have a bias for POC is because they have been discriminated against for many years. Do you really think that a group of people who were the slave race can just bring themselves out of that without some help?

My ancestors in Finland were hunted down and captured as slaves in the past. They were under rule of Russians and Swedes. Do I hate Russians or Swedes? No.
>>
>>69630187
>implying affirmative action actually works
you are just admiting retarded people who will fail to complete their degree
>>
>>69630187

Are we limiting it to descendants of US slaves? Because right now every non-white in the US gets AA. Even people who were never discriminated against.
>>
>>69632957
Whatever the colleges say about it so he's this includes those who were not slaves because they are still POC
>>
>>69632526
Come up with a better argument than just resorting to ad hominem.
>>
>>69632195
Do they have AA in Europe? Considering how fucked they are I would surprised if they didn't.
>>
>>69630187
>affirmative action

I'm white
>>
>>69634124
Can't one of you give a valid argument agaisnt it other than muh feels?
>>
>>69630187
>those who are not white may be able to bring new ideas that whited would not have thought of.

When has this ever happened?
>>
>>69633432
Yes. It's called "letting the 98% male Syrian refugees in"
>>
>>69630187
>affirmative action is legal
>lazy blacks and mexicans lie around while Asians actually work and get doctorates

Asians are a minority but how come they aren't as oppressed as blacks? In fact, their oppression is a lot more recent than blacks. Vietnam war, etc.
>>
>>69634890
Plenty of times! Mugabe, Amin, Mandela...
>>
>>69630187
Destroys the meaning of success with such a wealth of help.

All sorts of poor sons of bitches had to work themselves from nothing. It's the American Dream. Affirmative action shits on that.
>>
>>69630187
why am i against affirmative action?
because it's not means based it's skin colour or gender based
if you want to do it properly do it for poor people that show promise of good grades but may not be able to otherwise instead of lol you have a vagina yo hired
>>
Affirmative action is possibly one of the worst things I have ever seen. Here in Australia affirmative action is all for the indigenous population of aboriginals and Torres Strait islanders. My degree was a pain in the arse to get into and it annoyed the fuck out of me to see them mediocre cut off needed to get in had I been aboriginal. I could have slept through my exams and made it in. Affirmative action is terrible for two main reasons that I can see

One, it pumps out a bunch of useless fuckwits who shouldn't have gotten into the degree.
>but anon they might get in easier but they still have to pass!
Fucking Kek. The amount of remediation given is absurd. They say it's hard to fail med school, that students are pushed along, if this is true then it must be unheard of for indigenous students to fail. this system shits out a bunch of people who, had they been based off merit could have done well in another smaller degree and lived comfortably, are absolutely incompetent when it comes to basic tasks.

The second reason I hate this bullshit is the effect it has on people who actually earn their keep. An indigenous Australian who does well at uni and gets in on pure merit will never be recognized as competent, they'll forever be that affirmative action kid who only got in to add their token aboriginal. That episode of the sopranos comes to mind when tony tells the black doctor to fuck off, only to later accept him when he says he graduated top of his class.

Affirmative action doesn't just lift up those who should be lifted, it steps on those who made it up there themselves.

t. Child of African immigrants who's patients have requested diff doctors too many damn times
>>
>>69637588
As a follow up, if you want to help the indigenous peoples, give them scholarships to help support them financially, help them with tools and textbooks throughout the degree. This doesn't apply to just indigenous but anyone from a poor socioeconomic background who would otherwise make it in if it weren't for financial issues.

But don't fucking lower cut offs to admit these people.if they don't make it they're simply not good enough, it means Chang over there is better and deserves the spot.
>>
>>69637588
Holy fuck an actual well thought out response. Thank you for your contribution.
>>
>>69638224
No problem

The main issue at this point is how do you repeal this stuff? Imagine the backlash

>EVIL GOVERNMENT CRUSHES DREAMS OF INDIGENOUS STUDENTS

You'd never get any of it taken back. It's here to stay and that's a goddamn shame. Hell I don't even blame tony for not wanting an African American Doctor, I've seen the charts on /pol/ regarding the cut offs needed for different races. He might be a hardworking gentleman but I don't know that, all I know is that my odds of coming out of surgery alive are better with xiao cutting me open.

A slow shift toward financial help like >>69636993 and >>69637771 said will probably be more helpful. But these policies aren't about being helpful, they're about setting a policy, feeling good about it and leaving. Good intentions =/= good outcomes, no matter how well meaning.

Did you start this thread as a shitty troll or did you get into an argument about it and looking for /pol/ to help you out
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 506x291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 506x291
>>69636993
>record number of indigenous students graduate from unsw
Pic related

Why haven't you claimed your aboriginal ancestry and become a surgeon yet anon?
>>
>>6963018
Affirmative action is the weakest form of manhood possible. If you get hired because youre black it proves that there is literally no other reason to hire you
>>
>>69634809
Why haven't you addressed my point?
>>69631917
>>
>>69640295
hes baiting you to expand upon your point, he doesnt disagree with you
>>
File: 1459442725618.jpg (64 KB, 373x523) Image search: [Google]
1459442725618.jpg
64 KB, 373x523
You give a poor man a fish, he lives for the day. You teach hi. How to fish, he lives for many years. Basically the affirmative action principles are worse than nothing (as opposed to better than nothing) because it tells women and minorities "ow, you need to be assisted in you life because of the way you were born, so here, have some assistance" and they will live their lives relying on that assistance and they will remain assisted for the rest of their lives, instead of becoming autonomous and independant.
>>
>>69643203
>aww you need to be assisted

Truly this is the most racist thing in the 21st century. The idea that minorities aren't good enough on their own, can't succeed without a helping hand from others.
>>
im curious if my 23andme would allow me to start a minority-owned business.
>>
File: SoMuchforHelpingMinoritys.jpg (44 KB, 600x414) Image search: [Google]
SoMuchforHelpingMinoritys.jpg
44 KB, 600x414
>>69630187
They ain't minoritys.
>>
File: mismatch-book.jpg (32 KB, 310x499) Image search: [Google]
mismatch-book.jpg
32 KB, 310x499
>>69630187
How about you read a damned book and learn why it's bad, especially for minorities?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.