[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do atheists have funerals? Why do worshippers of atheism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: childlikeempress.jpg (75 KB, 644x545) Image search: [Google]
childlikeempress.jpg
75 KB, 644x545
Why do atheists have funerals?

Why do worshippers of atheism get dressed up in suits, dress up the CORPSE ITSELF in a suit, hold moments of silence/reflection, all in a formal ceremony for what the atheist religion dictates is nothing more than decomposing matter? Theists' belief of man's transcendent worth answers why they do.

What is the atheists' answer?
>>
>>69613710
Been a hot minute since I've seen this shit. Well done.
>>
>>69613710
I'm stumped man, they also have weddings for some reason
>>
>>69613710
We have funerals to gather people we loved together so they can mourn our death. We have a burial so we can have a tombstone and people we loved go there to remember us and make our death easier to handle.

We have weddings to have a nice party with all our friends and family for an happy event. And church are cheap and nice place to do a party.
>>
File: lel.jpg (75 KB, 425x570) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
75 KB, 425x570
>>69613710
This meme is shit

rolling
>>
>>69613710
>hold moments of silence/reflection, all in a formal ceremony for what the atheist religion dictates is nothing more than decomposing matter?

you honour the memory of the person, and perhaps it helps with closure. the funeral is for the sake of the living not the dead.
>>
take it to /b/
>>
to talk about and get over the loss of someone close to them to oblivion.
>>
>>69613710
>not a German this time
>>
>>69614383
hp pack get
>>
Being an atheist doesn't mean you don't participate in or respect traditions.
>>
>>69614383
fugg :DD
>>
>>69613710
Respect for the person who died. Its mostly for the benefit of the people in attendance and the people selling coffins.
>>
>>69615273
does that shit even exist wtf
>>
MRollonh
>>
againy
>>
>>69614383
rolling,
>>
>>69613710
You come together and remember the person's life with all the people who were touched by that person. It helps cope with the loss.
>>
File: Tumblr Idenitiy.png (71 KB, 1268x689) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr Idenitiy.png
71 KB, 1268x689
>>69614383
Can I get a Zimbabwe?
>>
>>69614383
Roll threads can get you banned desu
>>
>>69615953
Oh nice I got Pole land
>>
I am atheists and do not play on a funeral. In my will it states that I would be cremated and disposed of in the cheapest fashion.
>>
I want my corpse to be fired in to a decaying eccentic orbit round the sun with eventual collision with sun 50,000 years after launch.
>>
>>69613710
It's not for faith, it's for culture.
>>
The atheist religion has no culture besides muh dawkins so they rip off a lot from christianity.
>weddings
>funerals
>any christian holiday that their parents will buy them gifts or chocolate
>>
>>69616340
>athiest
>religion
Literally an oxymoron, you fucking moron.
>>
>>69616562
Tell me that again when you and your gay lover want to consummate your love in a house of god
>>
>>69616562

Atheism is the religious belief that there is no god or gods.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.