[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is college truly a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: dream.jpg (23 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dream.jpg
23 KB, 500x375
I need some advice /pol/, I've been uncertain on whether or not i need to go to college if i want to be successful in life.
Could i still be successful and earn a good wage by just learning a trade?
I honestly have no fucking clue what to do with my life right now, and it stresses me the fuck out.
>>
>>69603859

It's a meme, be one of the people of your generation who dodge the debt/meme degree and go on to success in your own right.
>>
>>69603859

Absolutely. College sucks and it's honestly the worst time of my life. I got to a (crappy) university for EE. Everyday it's some niggerish bullshit event going on, some gay tranny event or some shit. Every white male here is Carl the cuck. For the most part. But my school is filled with blacks too so it's hard to tell.

If I could do it over again I would 10000% go to trade school
>>
>>69604519

And I'm graduating without any debt, but still. The job prospects are Nill. The market is absolutely saturated with college graduates of every field. Even engineering. That's right, I fell for the stem meme, and I'm paying the price. Currently sucking as many dicks as I can to get an internship so my degree doesn't land me a retail sales job.
>>
>>69603859
>asking life advice from 4chan

No kid, you're not smart enough to go to college.
>>
>>69604941

I think you would be surprised at the amount of successful people here. If you go to any leftist internet forum, best case scenario they have some job pushing progressivism in academia, or they are valueless government bureaucrat.
>>
If you go for anything other than STEM or law yeah
>>
>>69603859
Consider the possibility of going to Europe for uni, might be cheaper
>>
>>69603859

Think beyond getting a job.

No one gets rich being just being wage slave.

Even if you don't do college, investing in education is VERY important.
>>
>>69603859
>>69603859
Just got my history degree

I gave up on law school because i hated history so I figured I'd hate law too.

So I'm either going to teach french or go get a civil engineering degree from a uni that seems to have a program that gives experience over theory.

Don't do it unless you know what you want and think you can hack it out day in and day out for 4 years.
>>
>>69605422
>Go to Europe
>Get beheaded
>>
>>69603859
What state are you in?
>>
>>69604663
Depends on the engineering. EE it's definitely undermanned since along with CompE it's the hardest, and probably uses more and harder math than any engineering field.
>>
>>69605601
Wisconsin
>>
File: TOILETBABAYAGA.png (1 MB, 880x759) Image search: [Google]
TOILETBABAYAGA.png
1 MB, 880x759
>>69603859
Better off working and saving money for the time being, college kids are getting replaced by Pajeet H1B1's making all that money and time spent worthless.
>>
Gender wage gap is a myth, education pay gap is not.
>>
>>69603859
I got a 4 year degree back in 2003 and now I'm fucking miserable because I hate my paperwork corporate job. If I could do it over again, I would go to trade school and become an Analyzer Tech.
>>
Are you in high school?

Some charter scools now partner with community colleges to give dual credit. It is free and takes no extra time.

Even if you don't finish your degree you can say that that you are working toward it with 2 years completed.

Economy is good right now so you can get solid entry level work on these credentials alone. Good work experience pays out better than college in the long term if you save your money.

Give me your state and your email and I can give your more information about those charter schools.
>>
>>69603859
Listen here Kathy Morrison,

I'm a freshman at ASU, and college is practically a daycare for adults.
> If you want to chill with other cool kids for a few years after high school, go to college.
>If you want to work for a company and make lots of money, college is probably your best bet
>Law, doctor, go to college
>If you want to make connections go to college
>If you want to start your own business, don't go.
College is the easy way to play life, but probably less rewarding for those who can tap into their full potential

Something my dad told me,
>You will never get rich earning a salary
>>
File: 1459358185955.jpg (29 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1459358185955.jpg
29 KB, 640x427
>>69605850

>Economy is good right now

Everything you say from here on out should be disregarded.
>>
>asking 4chan for serious life advice
Jesus Cristo que horripilante
>>
>>69605857
>freshman at ASU

Yeah Jason I know that you will be misarable all your life
>>
>tfw top tier engineering school
>tfw half of my hall supports trump
>>
I'd suggest OP learn about how other people have found success, specifically those who passed over college.

You'll find common themes to apply to your life.
>>
File: IMG_20160323_122442.jpg (941 KB, 1728x3072) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160323_122442.jpg
941 KB, 1728x3072
College is a meme but a Degree will help you in the long run. Short term, a trade is definitely better (way less debt, if any, jobs waiting) but you will work your body for the rest of your life. A degree might not pay off right out of the gates but sooner or later, perseverance will pay off and you will use your brain to make money instead of your body. Trades also lock you into a certain industry but, say you get a Commerce degree majoring in Finance/Accounting you have many different paths to walk.

But you're probably a nigger, so just stay at home and collect welfare cheques.
>>
>>69606437
> half of my hall supports trump
Figures they would, they're too busy studying to be able to make an informed decision :^)
>>
I'm sure if you picked up a trade you'll be fine, just don't expect to be making big bank, just enough to be comfy. Depends on what you pick, though.

What do you want to go for?
>>
>>69603859
Make wooden frames for houses. Supposedly those guys are very well paid.
>>
>>69605548
I thought that was a US thing the Mexicans do to you?
>>
File: 1459188810076.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459188810076.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
>>69605850
>Economy is good right now
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.