[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'Obamaweb': FCC to offer subsidized internet to low-income
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
>Addressing the "digital divide" that leaves 43 percent of the lowest-income US households without modern broadband, the Federal Communications Commission has reformed its Lifeline program to include affordable high-speed internet service.

>The $9.25 monthly household subsidy will soon be usable for stand-alone mobile or fixed broadband Internet access, or bundled voice and data service from an internet service provider, the FCC said in a statement.

>The new Lifeline plan will have a soft cap of $2.25 billion per year, allowing for adjustment in the future. The program cost $1.5 billion last year, the Los Angeles Times reported. Its funding is sourced from a small monthly fee attached to consumer bills. The subsidy is paid directly to the telecom-service provider.

>be black
>get free internet

https://www.rt.com/usa/338054-fcc-internet-subsidies-lifeline/
>>
>>69597918
>free housing
>free food
>free internet

we're very close to complete government sponsorship of NEETness
>>
>>69597918
I wonder if 4chan is blacklisted from that provider.
>>
amazing speeds as high as 100KB/s
>>
Under immense supervision and censorship no doubt.
>>
>>69598394
What's the point of working anymore and being a productive member of society when the government will take care of all of your basic needs? SNAP, Section 8, and now Internet. I'll join the NEET life and never look back.
>>
>>69597918
A lot of members of the black community are still trying to organize or keep tabs on the Riots For Justice For Jamar by word of mouth. It's unacceptable that in this day in age, there is one member of the African race that built this country and drives this economy with it's cultural stars does not have the basic human right of internet access.

God bless the motherfuckin FCC
>>
>>69597918

Also just in time to hand this over to Hillary and secure the black vote like Obongophones
>>
America just got China-fied for the poor.
>>
>>69598743
Why would Obama have a need to supervise his own chillens? What a racist thing to say.
>>
File: k then.gif (484 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
k then.gif
484 KB, 200x200
>>69597918
>mfw free dialup numbers are available in small communities for poor people who still have modems
>mfw anyone with even rudimentary knowledge can manage to get online for free in modern America
>mfw the government starts subsidizing dumb niggers to get on the internet and shit up the place even more
>>
>>69597918
>The $9.25 monthly household subsidy will soon be usable for stand-alone mobile or fixed broadband Internet access, or bundled voice and data service from an internet service provider, the FCC said in a statement.

Man, you Americans have expensive internet. That's 100/100 Mbs right? I guess you get no data caps as well for that price. We get cheap fast internet from the government ISP, but you don't have that.
>>
>>69597918
Ghis is why public libraries exist.

They are going to need a device to access it on too!

Whole new world of shitposting, pure niggerposting
>>
>>69599208
Our internet is shit and $9.25 is only a fraction of the monthly cost.
>>
>>69598394
Don't forget free phone
>>
>>69599203

all they're gonna use is facebook and instagram so no real issue there
>>
>>69599208
>no data caps as well for that price
>affordable
Nah, it's still shit. We had a 100gig cap for the longest time until Frontier and Verizon moved in. The sole Internet provider had to finally stop Jewing their subscribers as everyone started switching in droves.
>>
>>69599208
My internet is $60/month for 25Mbps. It's usually around 40Mbps, doesn't make the price any better though.
>>
File: computer for ants.gif (2 MB, 350x251) Image search: [Google]
computer for ants.gif
2 MB, 350x251
>>69599564
I expect them to find their way to the rest of the internet in short order, expect to see unironic "smassh da liek!" ebonics become even more popular in parts of the web over the next few years.
>>
>>69599208
$9/month internet is a fucking DREAM here.

You're lucky to pay $60+ for shitty comcast with nonexistent customer service. They have a government protected monopoly on the service.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.