[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>American schools make citizens dumber, less creative thinkers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1453241665696.png (14 KB, 546x566) Image search: [Google]
1453241665696.png
14 KB, 546x566
>American schools make citizens dumber, less creative thinkers

Are there any studies that support this claim?
>>
>>69542952
Talk to an average American, not one that went to private school
>>
>It's a system catered to women
>Women are stupid
>Do the math
>>
>>69543598
>Do the math
Sorry, I can't. I went to public school :^)
>>
Dont need a study when youve seen it your whole life m8
>>
>>69542952
Study? Maybe not. But do you really trust the people who are, in effect, entirely responsible for making retarded children to produce an unbiased study on the subject?
>>
>>69543671
Math is the one with all the squiggly lines and then the ones that kind of hook, so you know how much to tip, right?
>>
>>69542952
It's not just American schools, it's all public schooling in general. See Ken Robinson's TED talk about how schools kill creativity in children.

Basically kindergarten kids score "genius level" on creativity tests but when you test them a few years later, it's been beaten out of them by the system.
>>
>>69544739
How can it be the genius level if all the kids are scoring it?

Do you not understand how IQ is scaled across a population to equalize 100 at average intelligence, so that they can't all be geniuses, they can only all be average or there can be few geniuses to balance out the below average scores?
>>
File: 1658947897.jpg (82 KB, 365x493) Image search: [Google]
1658947897.jpg
82 KB, 365x493
>>69542952
>Are there any studies that support this claim?
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schooling_in_Capitalist_America:_Educational_Reform_and_the_Contradictions_of_Economic_Life
>>
>>69542952
Look at the popular books written 100 years ago and compare their quality to books written today. Look at the letter/speeches written by the founding fathers and compare them to today's assholes.
>>
>>69545276
It's not an IQ test, it's a test for creativity. Young kids score highly because they haven't had it beaten out of them by the school system yet.

Go back to them in 10 years time and they score very low on the test because the education systems reward memorization of state mandated facts and not thinking outside the box.
>>
>>69545660
If you can compare a population and declare someone a genius, then you must use a similar statistical methodology to create a belle curve since you are just measuring creative intelligence.

Do you think maybe just knowing the correct and logical answers from common sense experience might affect how creative they seemed since they were able to start going off of direct experience rather than just making shit up because they have no idea how anything in the real world actually works?
>>
>>69543695
Yeh m8. Don't need proof when I have anecdotes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.