[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>doing le joke meme ez mode degree >still finding it stressful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: social-science.jpg (12 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
social-science.jpg
12 KB, 264x191
>doing le joke meme ez mode degree
>still finding it stressful and difficult to get through
>studying 6-8 hours a day and still having trouble

I specifically picked a meme degree so I could cruise through it and have a piece of paper saying I graduated uni, but even with supposed "meme ez mode bro" degree, i'm struggling and its taking up fuck loads of my time.

Is it possible that uni isn't for me? I didn't think I'd struggle with "ez mode lel joke mode" classes, but it appears I am. Did I fall for the meme?

Were you guys just exaggerating when you were shit talking specific degrees saying they're easy fuck?

I am doing a social science degree, I wont say which one, but yeah, when I did post about it, I got told it was a easy joke and that anyone could just meme their way through it and pass. That doesn't seem to be happening in reality for me.
>>
>>69540126
The only useful things I see in there is economics and law.
>>
>>69542704
Linguistics is Okay...
>>
File: camille2ecole212222.png (368 KB, 873x512) Image search: [Google]
camille2ecole212222.png
368 KB, 873x512
>>69540126
It's all bullshit.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfRgvfruhPo
>>
>>69542809
It's okay man.
Not all of us can be winners
>>
>>69540126

>History not under social science.

Thank God. There is no reason for us to delude overselves.
>>
anything that doenst have to do with physics or advanced mathematics is a meme degree. enjoy doing nothing forever
>>
>>69540126

I picked Physics and I can't change.

Might kill me but I'm going to get it done t b h
>>
>>69540126
Maybe you're just retarded.
>>
>>69540126
lol also a soc science major and shit is really easy
>>
>>69542988
I'm sorry. I take it all you're learning is postmodernist horseshit, i.e. "everything is a social construct"?
>>
>>69540126
just gotta learn the circlejerk bro
>>
>>69543058
nah we actually kinda brush over constructivism and pomo international relations and focus more on structural models like realism and liberalism
>>
File: 1457817346201.png (32 KB, 337x338) Image search: [Google]
1457817346201.png
32 KB, 337x338
>>69542704
>2016
>Still thinking that layers and economics are useful.
>>
>>69543404
lawyers*
>>
OP here.

We were discussing the what is considered normal in a family structure and how signs & advertising and whatever else still show men and women with kids.

Someone said about commercials for homes being sold always showing a man and woman.

All I said was

>Think about it like this, if it's advertising ....and they're showing a man and a woman couple....could it be that the vast majority of the clients they get are married couples that are men and women? The gay population isn't that big % wise. I personally don't think they're being malicious, they're just advertising to their main audience, which is most likely straight male&female couples.

Lecturer had a go at me for that, and people were looking at me like I am an autist that shouldn't have said it.

I don't think I belong in this society desu. Im prob gona get even shittier grades now.
>>
>>69543404
Being a lawyer makes lots of money at least. How is economics not useful? Are we living in a post scarcity world?
>>
A lot of shit tier programs pile on the work to make the hapless students who enrolled in them feel like they are getting their money's worth.

Happens a lot in shit tier law schools. Students are busting their asses so it must be worth it!
>>
File: 1456724683388.png (806 KB, 1001x823) Image search: [Google]
1456724683388.png
806 KB, 1001x823
>>69540126
>Do double degree of Business/IT and language in Mandarin
>Double major of International Business and Enterprise Information system
>Feels good
>>
>>69543870
What is enterprise information system
>>
>>69540126
That's because you have to care about something to remember all the aspects of it.

Why did you do something you don't care about in the slightest?

Why do something because someone else tells you it's easy for them?

Social science is very interesting, just find the right reasons for wanting to study it or change.
>>
>>69544087

Creating databases, for example a hospital needs a database to track patient details etc.
>>
>>69544205
oh nice thats some practical, in demand work
>>
>>69544098
>Social science is very interesting, just find the right reasons for wanting to study it or change

I do have the right reasons. I want a degree to say I have one.

I am mostly from a stupid area that doesn't know the difference between a meme degree and an actual worth while degree.

Just having a university education where I come from considered elite tier.
>>
>>69540126
What do you actually want to do in life? I say go for that. You'll either fail and commit suicide, thus weeding yourself out, or succeed and you'll contribute to society and enjoy doing so.
>>
>>69543511
>Lecturer had a go at me for that
isn't that what they're supposed to do? you present your view in class, and your lecturers and classmates present views that are different from yours in order for all of you to consider views that might not necessarily be yours in the first place but is needed so that you could come to a more well rounded conclusion to the topic at hand
>>
>>69544385
If all you want is a badge to signal to other people don't complain about the material, spend more time networking than studying and pay other people to do your assignments - if that badge is your only goal.

I
>>
>>69542504
pirst fost pest bost
>>
Yeah, you're pretty much a fucking moron if you think these classes are hard. I got a BA in Sociology a couple years ago, got all As by phoning it in. Bullshitted every last paper, never spoke my opinion in class because none of my Sociology classes used Blue Books.

And yeah, Sociology is a fucking joke. Every last part of it. Laugh at every person you see who is majoring in this shit and don't feel bad, they don't deserve your sympathy. I spent over 2 years around these cucks. Didn't know what I was really expecting, but had a full ride scholarship because of it. Now currently getting my Masters in something that has use.
>>
>>69543646
a degree in economics without a mathematics degree is basically worthless. God my brother's gf has is a first year economics/sociology major and her argument on the subject of illegal immigrations effect on minimum wage was "im a economics major, i know a lot about this stuff" kek. I would have called her a dumb cunt after that but she's my brother's gf
>>
>>69544823
what are you mastering in ?
>>
>>69544385
jesus, can any down under shitposters give me guesses on where he is from?
>>
>>69540126
I did a psychology degree at a top uni and got a 2:1 with barely any effort, hardly went to any classes, started essays the night before they were due etc. Maybe you're just dumb desu lad
>>
>>69540126

le april fools maymay
>>
>>69543511
JUST. Fuck your proffessor bro that sucks. I make an effort to never reveal my power level in class but thats not even revealing at all... thats just common sense
>>
What are some jobs that aren't typical meme success jobs?

This excludes law, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, economics, biomedical science, and really just anything that gets mentioned on here as automatic success positions.

What are /pol/'s positions on jobs or majors that contribute but don't get any time in the sun?

>I'm a wildlife major

What say ye?
>>
>>69544958
Architecture.
Not quite STEM, but whatever. It's something I have a real passion for, to the point that I've made, and am continuing to make, a shitload of connections without really even trying.
>>
>>69545326
respect
>>
>>69545291
Idk what to say about that because i dont know shit about wildlife. I mean i guess thats cool if you just want to know more than your fellow park rangers. sheeiit
>>
>>69544770
It is a badge, that's why I am doing it.

It's the same reason why I lift, track calories/macros. Since I started lifting a few years ago and got jacked as fuck, people treat me better, based on the fact I am tall and muscular. People didn't treat me that well when I was a lanky cunt, now that I am swole, I get treated better.

My goal isn't to get some specialized degree to maximize some earning potential for my own personal reasons to have a safe and secure job.

It's so if anyone asks me if I went to uni, I can say "Yes, infact I did" and then suddenly that person will think "wow this guy is jacked and went to uni, faaark"

You guys might think this makes no sense, but this is how you appeal to 99.9% of the population.

It's like a druggy that roles around in a $500,000 car. You think people give a FUCK that he got it selling drugs and has never worked a normal job in his life? No, they just think he is a fucking sick cunt for having a car worth more than their house.

1st impressions = everything in life.
>>
File: 1459283063238.jpg (237 KB, 834x1016) Image search: [Google]
1459283063238.jpg
237 KB, 834x1016
>>69540126
I read that as Special science, most are needed in a functional society but all of these diciplines have been in bed with feminism and marxism for so long that they all blend in together.

I remember one law school could not speak about rape cases or rape laws as it triggered students.
>>
>>69545388
I completely agree with you, this will help you get laid at bars but how will that help you in the workplace(if you care lol)?
>>
>>69545372
wildlife goes way beyond park rangers lol. You'd probably want to major in some recreation management degree to be a good park ranger

But that's part of my point really. People don't know shit about wildlife. I'm sure there are other dudes in here who feel their major or job isn't properly represented
>>
>>69545560
so are you trying to be one of those guys that goes out in nature and collects samples for biologists? what are you trying to do?
>>
>>69545388
I don't think you're looking long term dude. Shit's going to stop getting you laid once you get past a certain age. What are you going to do when you're 50 years old and working a job you hate and can't fuck the hot 20 year old chicks anymore or impress people with your education? In this day and age people just expect you to have a college degree. Why not make it meaningful for you?
>>
>>69545388
rolls*

>>69545522
My back up plan is just join a gov job, like police or military

>wow you're jacked, university educated AND you serve the country!!!111
>>
>>69545511
god i hate feminists. used to be somewhat supportive but they're all cunts though desu.
>>
>>69545388
I can see where you are coming from, and I agree and disagree on some of your ideas and points. Mainly, the "badge" you are talking about only applies if your degree is in something that is useful or isn't a joke i.e. Not sociology, women's studies, etc. you talk about first impressions, so younger to answer "yes" to having a degree, but land on your face with the follow up question of "what did you study?" In the real world conversations it actually matters.
>>
>>69545801

When you're 50 life is pretty much over anyway. Not being a YOLO faggot when I say that, it's just the truth.

Thinking long-term doesn't matter for shit IMO. I am basing this off my own anecdotal evidence from those around me.

My parents are 58 and 64 and they're all comfortable and well off and have money to live on until they're 200 years old and yet they're just old and miserable people now. They focused on the "future" and now all their life went by and they're old and tired and can't even take advantage of all their lifelong work.

That's why, to be honest with you - I don't give a shit about what happens when I am 50+. Life sucks for everyone at that age, regardless of how successful you are in your career/finances. Aging is fucking horrible and nobody can escape it, so you might as well enjoy your shit now.
>>
File: 1459353590651.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459353590651.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>>69546024
>somewhat supportive
I was once the same, until I listened to her and what she had to say. This was the one time i would have greatly benefited from not tuning her out. GOD WHAT A BULLET I DOGED.
When i left the crazy bitch died her armpit hair *PUKES* and dated some easy to control beta.
Stay safe anon
>>
>>69546225
As edgy as it sounds, I agree with this. You don't have to be a YOLO self destructing faggot though, which isn't want your implying but others might infer.
Enjoy life, make some money, study stuff that interests you, become self sustainable etc.
>>
>>69546225
>58 and 64
not spending money on vacations, not living it up. Honestly that isn't too old to go on vacations or trips.
Though i do agree with you on living life to its fullest and not spending it working for a "future", but truth told anon not all of us have that choice.
>>
>>69545693
I'm currently working with a couple different professors to create a genetic database of all carnivores on Madagascar. While this might not seem important at first, this will allow for a better assessment of the carnivores on the island and what species live where. Hell, we might even find a few new species. Since everything on Madagascar is endangered as fuck, anything we do on the island could have applications for protecting endangered species elsewhere in the world. Stabilizing ecosystems leads to the betterment of human populations in the area, too. Less disease and shit.

But wildlife also applies to management. I won't go into too much detail, so I would just recommend reading this link to see what lack of management looks like for an ecosystem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaibab_Plateau#Kaibab_deer

It doesn't build bridges and it doesn't makes 6 figures but it sure as hell is important to keeping the world we live in stable and expanding our knowledge of life on earth.

But I didn't mean to promote my major like that. I'm genuinely interested in what other people have to say about their shit. There's got to be some important stuff I don't think about that someone on here is involved in.
>>
>>69546442
>not spending money on vacations, not living it up.

My parents can barely watch a movie without falling asleep within the first 30 minutes.

They do go on holidays but they spend most of their time sleeping in their hotel or just sitting around whatever location they went to.

This is life of "successful" 50-60 year olds.
>>
>>69542809
>>69540126
>>69542883
Linguistics bro here, just like math is the most fundamental thing among physics, engineering and most natural sciences, there is nothing more fundamental than linguistics, the other plationian science.
>>
>>69546667
>This is life of "successful" 50-60 year olds.
NO idea what you are talking about, my parents are "upper middle class" i would say somewhat successful and they are very active.
Especially my father he still works out of choice and because he loves his job.
They go on biking and hiking trips with my GF often. They can keep up with us, must be an auzzie thing.
>>
>>69542809
Linguistics is extremely fascinating but not particularly useful outside of academia. Maybe you could find work creating languages for TV shows or improving machine translation. Or just learn another language and become a translator / interpreter.
>>
I actually got a degree in Criminology near completing my MA

Got a kickass offer after school to be a deputy warden
>>
>>69546667
I think your parents are shitty role models for living. Your parents seem like the type that vacationed at a beach instead of going hiking or traveling the world even when they were young and full of energy. I think your parents just live shitty lives in general.
>>
>>69543511

Do trade school.
>>
>>69544644
Lol no,. They are supposed to tell you what to think, the right view. If you have the wrong view or other views then that is wrong and you need to be corrected
>>
>>69547071
What you're talking about is applied linguistics, where the money is.
>Language education.
>Translation.
>Writing.
>Screenplay.
>Discourse analysis.
>Media.
>ConLang is made up languages such as Dohkrakti in game of thrones.
Pretty much anything that has a piece of language on it is your thing. I've been called to edit ads for TV, teach Spanish, English and Japanese, and be in charge of the media of my local municipality. Friends of mine work in LA with film companies or are college teacher. Theoretical linguistics is the thing that is useful only in academia.
>>
>>69547128
They use to be active in their 20s,30s,40s and when they hit their 50s they just stopped caring about life.

>>69547230
Nah, being a tradey here in Australia isn't a good first impression. People who work in trades are considered dumb cunts, not even memeing. It's just a stereotype, which is pretty much true though. Not that they all are, but it's not a good look.

I know people are going to give me shit for that, but it's just facts of life. Trades people are labelled that way. You cannot escape it. You could be the smartest person in the world, the moment you put on those overalls people will treat you like you're a dumb shit.
>>
>>69547726
It sucks that Australia has a bad wrap with trade schools.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.