[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ How did the US defeat England during the revolutionary war?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 37
File: 11-monday-hBptdqg.png (215 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
11-monday-hBptdqg.png
215 KB, 500x380
/pol/ How did the US defeat England during the revolutionary war?
>>
Sniping with rifles
>>
With guns n cannons n shiet
>>
File: 1459222426020.png (199 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459222426020.png
199 KB, 2000x1000
>>69536775
dont talk to me or my mom ever again
>>
>>69536775
Simply wearing the fuckers out
>>
A lot of help from the French.
>>
France.
>>
>>69536775
We got used as a proxy for France to fuck with England. War never changes.
>>
>>69536775
Lots of help from the French, Prussians and Scottish.
>>
>>69536775
Because the Brits have to break for prayer 5 times a day
>>
>>69536775

American genes were stronger than European genes at the time.
>>
File: 1455832216803.jpg (96 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
1455832216803.jpg
96 KB, 596x628
>>69537151
>>
>>69536775
Testosterone
>>
>>69537139
This and gurilla tactics.
>>
France
>>
File: owls.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
owls.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>69536775

With owls
>>
>>69536775
Gorilla Warfare, classic hit and run tactics.

>>69537139
War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life, has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID tagged soldiers carry ID tagged weapons, use ID tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield, controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control, war... becomes routine. War... Has changed.
>>
>>69537139
How did they survive though?
>>
File: nano machines.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nano machines.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1080
>>69536775

Do i have to say?
>>
File: antisemetic caricture.png (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
antisemetic caricture.png
48 KB, 300x300
It was all part of the Jew's plan. The British empire would have been able to subjugate the world, and it wasn't under the Jew's control. So the high council of elders manipulated the colonists to rebel to weaken the British empire in the short term and spread democracy and degeneracy in the long term, so that they could control the world through media manipulation and the international banking system, as we see today.

All this is true, don't be fooled by Jewish lies.
>>
>>69537414
The fuck you talking about bro we are still a long ways off from that reality.
>>
>>69536775
deep down all the Brits knows we are on the right side of history
>>
File: 1442213127932s.jpg (3 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
1442213127932s.jpg
3 KB, 125x123
>>69537414
>>
>>69536775
Talk less smile more don't let them know what you are against or you are for.
>>
>>69536775

Post secondary history student here, my education got me nothing but goddamn can I answer your question in this thread.

France, the other world power at the time drove itself into collapse providing you military aid to beat the british. WHy? Because. No really. They just didnt want england to win.

Add some luck, some drunk hessian mercenaries, and the fact britain really just wanted americans to pay taxes, and no matter how reasonable, sneaky, or low they made their taxations, americans still found a way to flip them the bird (eagle, of course) and get around it.

So combination of getting roughed up by the french, poor military planning, and just plain not being at all worth it. They probably could have kept fighting but they just said fuck it.

Unrelated Bonus: The american/canadian accent is real english, and how it was spoken in england during the revolution. Standard british accent was just richfags trying to be cool by talking all weird. IT caught on nationwide.
>>
>>69536775
by not losing too badly in each battle

the revolutionary war was mostly washington running away from the british
>>
>>69536775

By running around until England fucked off, mostly. The Continental Congress got pissed at Washington for avoiding big engagements but he knew what a pain in the ass it was for the British to try holding distant colonies that wouldn't be held. The French helped too.
>>
The eternal Frank cucked us.
>>
The Yanks by all historical accounts fought like utter cowards.

Not to mention the Brits had bigger fish to fry, than some colony getting antsy.
>>
>>69537827
Aight dog but all those foreigners who came to help. Helped because they truly wanted to and each got honored. We have Von Stubben's blue book who got us fucking trained. He is honored by being one of the original creators of the US army. Then we got John Paul Jones who basically was a pirate who tore up the brits. He is one of the founders of the US navy. Lafayette was basically granted whatever the fuck he wanted but decided to go back to France. They helped but it was also the Vietnam of the time.
>>
>>69536775
We sent German mercenaries under a German king during a time when the monarchy was just starting to lose
power.
Add to that the power of the French navy(at the time).
If you faggots haven't watched the john Adams miniseries yet, I suggest you do.
>>
>>69536775

Revenge
>>
Why do Americans know not a fucking thing about this?

American education... jesus...

Excuse my flag, I am a Brit in American right now (Urgh)

Let me educate you plebs.

The truth is, the 13 colonies would never have earned their freedom without French intervention - the whole battle for American independence was essentially a proxy war between Britain and France.

France began providing arms and ammunition as early as 1776. In early 1777, months before Saratoga, the French sent American colonists 25,000 uniforms and pairs of boots, hundreds of cannons, and thousands of muskets - all stuff that the colonists would've had a hard time surviving without, and all stuff they had no access to on their own.

France provided a whopping 90 percent of the rebels' gunpowder. Without France, the entire American Revolution would have devolved into a bunch of dudes swinging their muskets as clubs within weeks.

Still, the most important French contribution to the revolution was the least visible to Americans. As mentioned, the reason France pampered the Patriots was always selfish. They were out to weaken the British forces - particularly their naval strength - in order to take the fight to them, perhaps even conquer them. That's why, for much of the Revolutionary War, the British ships tasked with kicking America's ass had to survive 12 rounds with the French navy before they could even think of crossing the Atlantic. France gleefully fought the British, eventually teaming up with Spain, declaring a war, attacking from all sides, and even setting up an invasion force.

So, when the Colonial army was fighting for dear freedom, history books tend to conveniently forget that they did so with French money, equipment, and backup forces, while France and its other allies were busy pummeling the empire from every other side.

So now you can stop this silly immature nonsense of shit like "muh guerrilla warfare" and other such absurdities.
>>
>>69537414
yeah talk to me in 10 years, there is no fucking way we have that shit yet. We will go into war before that idea is made.
>>
>>69538528
Early on though it was a straight slug fest we lasted long enough for France to decide to get involved. And at the end of the day WE WON. we beat the global superpower at the time and not only that but managed to stay alive long enough to become the new global superpower surpassing its original state doesn't that burn a bit?
>>
>>69538528
Then France couldn't pay the debts incurred by the Revolutionary war and ironically had their own revolution in 1789
>>
>>69536775
a massive set of balls
end of story
>>
>>69538811
They were no large or any battles of size before French intervention and arming. Don't kid yourself.

>And at the end of the day WE WON. we beat the global superpower at the time

Statement is as stupid as saying the British defeated nazi Germany single handed.

The truth is it wasn't even worth it in the end as there were bigger prizes like India.

The British navy was awesome but the majority of redcoat soldiers were scum and villainy.

Congrats, you won against an empire that was already fighting other great empires, had to travel across the sea getting hit from all sides, transporting shit tier criminal redcoats while at the same time directing the navy and soldiers all across the world.

Lol... americans..
>>
>>69538617
>>69537581
>>69537497
>they don't know where this is from
>>
>>69539321

I've never seen a brit more butthurt that he lost the war. Those mental gymnastics must be exhausting.
>>
>>69537416
They survived the way all insurgencies survive; they build support networks in otherwise Tory communities and feed off them for everything a conventional army would need supply lines for. A large part of the revolutionary war was fostering these communities and driving off or killing any loyalists still in the area. Yeah, american terrorists killed Tory patriots, that's not mentioned often.
>>
File: tj.png (316 KB, 488x470) Image search: [Google]
tj.png
316 KB, 488x470
>>69538440

can confirm, John Adams is on HBOGO and is great.
>>
>>69537414
Guerrilla...

Guerrilla warfare. Any war is a war of attrition. One seeks to prove to one's enemy that their cost of fighting the war is less than yours.

Once we'd formed an actual nation and armed forces, the British were wrecking our shit to hell and back during the War of 1812 (with a few meaningful exceptions). They only stopped because they needed the resources they were expending here in order to defeat Napoleon.
>>
>>69537414
While guerrilla warfare was present, the Continental Army took part in a lot of head on engagements, where most of their significant victories (but mostly defeats) came from. Read 1776 by david mccolough
>>
>>69539669
*your cost of fighting is less than theirs. I'm a drunken twit!
>>
>>69539457
BROTHERS
>>
>>69537156
>does not realise that Americans in 1776 were literally as British by blood as the Brits themselves
>>
Oh and furthermore "muh americans won" those said "americans" were for the most part fucking British. British people won.

The "white" americans of today are much more mixed so their accomplishment has little to do with you.

The Aussies and New Zealanders have a much higher percentage of British only heritage today so those "Americans" of the revolutionary war are much closer to British, Aussies and Nz'ers in who they were than modern day Americans.

tl;dr if anyone wants to give bravado over the winning it should be the brits, aussies and nz'ers as every american on pol has no connection to this time and came much later probably from eastern europe.
>>
>>69539713
can confirm. We could put up a solid fight once in a while.
>>
>>69539787

was waiting for somebody to take my bait. thanks for the reply
>>
>>69536775
by not playing by the english rules of engagement.

honestly, probably just the fact that we established ourselves with production before england could really do anything about it. Not like they could use their entire force on the other side of the planet at the time.
>>
>>69538528

that's how it is taught in american schools. perhaps you shouldnt let /b-tier spergs trigger you so much?
>>
>>69539817
>pre Civil War heritage
>mother DAR

you were saying
>>
File: tumblr_mlbm7sJqGc1qb7j9wo1_500.gif (998 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlbm7sJqGc1qb7j9wo1_500.gif
998 KB, 500x281
>>69539817
>There are no WASPs left in America
Please shut up, faggot. I can assure you that our forefathers had nothing whatsoever in common with the British, the Australians or the New Zealanders, and my basis for that claim is that it took those retards another half a century to even consider that perhaps they ought to rebel from unrepresented foreign rule.
>>
>>69539879
>We could put up a solid fight once in a while

Yes but the fact remains that was only possible because of the french providing arms, uniforms and so on.

Without them, you had nothing to fight with.
>>
>>69536775
Gorilla warfare and france.
>>
>>69536775
george fucking washington and the french
>>
File: koh2.webm (431 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
koh2.webm
431 KB, 450x253
>>69536775

Didn't the British still follow those outdated chess-like rules of combat?
>>
>>69540139

Shit wrong gif.
>>
France is 10% Muslim, England is around 6%. I have dual citizenship US/UK, currently in London.
If we don't reverse this trend both of us will be lost forever.
Something has to be done, the Eiffel tower and big Ben will be crumbling piles of shit under Muslim control.
Just as they let every piece of their history fade away.
Europe will follow America's lead, except Germany, let the polish destroy them.
>>
File: Red-Coats-Camo.jpg (78 KB, 620x369) Image search: [Google]
Red-Coats-Camo.jpg
78 KB, 620x369
>>69536775
>How

The Brits had defective camouflage.

pic related
>>
>>69536775
With freedom
>>
>>69539570
True but dont kid me and say that the Brits weren't just as brutal with killing of civilians and the horrible treatment of Pows.
>>
>>69539979
This is really almost every american. Americans watch the patriot movie with mel gibson and think it is fact. Just like how they watch braveheart and then start kissing scottish ass.

>>69540046
>tumblr
>>
File: umad.jpg (195 KB, 400x594) Image search: [Google]
umad.jpg
195 KB, 400x594
>>69539321
>>
>>69540077
I won't deny that French arms, training and naval support were not essential to victory. However, the American people, mostly farmers and craftsmen, were also willing to fight and die on the field of battle against the British army. There is no victory without courage, and it was us who supplied the blood in these conflicts.
>>
>>69539817
I do have this stupid bullshit that western nations pull now.
>"our history is your history now!"
It's so retarded. Only an absolute mongoloid/dindu has to claim european/north american history as their own, because they have none of their own.

I am a Canadian by birth, but I don't sit around saying "oh wow I sure am proud of my country for winning Vimy Ridge!". No. That's stupid. Both sides of my family came to Canada after anything important Canada did was done.

I advise everyone else to take the same mentality. If you're the product of second or third generation immigrants, don't take fucking credit for the civil war or the revolutionary war, or anything else like that.
>>
>>69536775
Guerrilla warfare. IE terrorism against the state. The people barely know their own history these days.
>>
The Brits couldn't afford to keep them under check because they had a lot bigger possessions to worry about.
>>
>>69540466
*i do hate this
>>
>>69540471
It isn't terrorism if you win.
>>
>>69539321
>wooooooooow it took 5 of you to kill me
>>
Wow everyone of you are wrong.
Research piracy during the revolutionary war.
Almost half the Americans fighting in the revolution were acting as privateers, licensed by the new republic.
They were so efficient that the cost to insure a shipping endevor was more than the profits would be on the voyage.
In days of no weather reporting, shitty navigation, bad maps, and rampant piracy, no investors would finance trade deals without insurance protecting their investments.
The American pirates cripped the trade that the entire empire was built on. But piracy was seen as a dirty business so when the history books were written, that aspect was better off forgotten. So Washington crossing the Delaware, and Bunker hill, and these other tales of glory and overcoming hardships of war sounded more glorious so they made it into print.
>>
File: damn_the_english.webm (119 KB, 500x214) Image search: [Google]
damn_the_english.webm
119 KB, 500x214
>>69540281

he does a fine movie though, and he hates jews
>>
>>69540416
>the American people, mostly farmers and craftsmen, were also willing to fight and die on the field of battle against the British army.

>fight and die

With what!? You would have been out of supplies right away.

I don't know why americans can't even admit the truth, is your self esteem really that low?

The officers are the important part and you had french officers helping you.
>>
>>69540205
I won't try to argue against that point. I think it would be more constructive to wonder why a war was needed in the first place, and why america wasn't British enough to get a seat in Parliament.
>>
France.
>>
>>69536775
I'm actually scared for the first time in my life, I want my great grandchildren to experience European culture, without the cuck
>>
>>69540466
Be proud of the civilization you live in. Be thankful to those that shaped the country into what it is today. Be a proud Canadian. You don't have to be descended from someone to be proud or thankful for what they did.
>>
>>69536981
Under rated post
>>
>>69536775
>help from france
>mercenarys from germany
>the fucking ocean
>guerrilla warfare
>>
>>69539570
This.

American revolutionaries were terrorists who murdered loyalists families. Men, women, and children; it was all fair game for the rebels.

Meanwhile the Crown was paralyzed with indecision on how to deal with the rebellion. They couldn't just massacre them. These were ENGLISHMEN for god's sake!

Nobody here talks about the riots and massive public support amongst the general English population.
>>
>>69540281
Who the fuck cares you coulda wiped us out at valley forge. You had every advantage and you blew it. Cornwallis blew it Howe blew it Gage blew it. You fuckers just couldn't keep us down and we kicked your limey asses.
>>
>>69540650
Read my goddamn post again. I'm not belittling the French's contributions whatsoever. I am merely pointing out that the French officers still needed men willing to follow them.
>>
>>69536775
France helped you to fuck with us. We couldn't fight in Europe and in America at the same time.
>>
>>69540645
Braveheart was indeed always one of my fav movies but he's just so anti-british.
>>
>>69540658

brit bongs have no good answer to this point, how they had every avenue to prevent war and listen to their colony.
>>
>>69537414
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwq1rbRfJnU
>>
>>69540630
Bullshit John Paul Jones of "ive not yet begun to fight" Praise. He is a bad ass and the fucking founder of the US navy today we have not forgotten those roots.
>>
>>69536775
I hear it was just one guy they called "the Ghost"
>>
File: unevenlips.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
unevenlips.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>69540891
because it wasn't "they" it was their shitty king
>>
>>69538245
>losing control of the greatest continent on Earth
>some colony

Lol
>>
>>69539916
>Feeling the need to point out it was bait
wew lad
>>
>>69540807
OK, let's put it this way. If France were not involved you would have lost. Hard.

That is the importance of france.
>>
>>69540658
Because the British screwed over the colonies with the French and Indian war. Yes it was in our back yard and yes we fought it. But did anyone really want to? It was seen as the crown trying to just say fuck you to France and they pinned the bill for this shitshow on us. That coupled with a failure to allow a representative into the house of parliament as a disgrace.
>>
>>69538617
>>69537581
>>69537497
How does being mentally retarded feel?
>>
>>69539817
Get fucked. My family boarded a British naval vessal, shot the captain in the Balls and torched the ship.
Then went on to become a general in the colonial army.
What can you tell me your family has done?
>>
>>69540862

after he got some leeway in hollywood, he started doing movies about his heritage and history, pro-scottish and pro-american revolution movies not specifically anti-british... he also did 'we were soldiers' which was anti-french/anti-60s liberal... and of course his crowning achievement 'passion of christ' which was anti-jew.
>>
>>69541262
His family is probably like my family.

Hessians
>>
>>69541262
Nice story, bub. I'm a direct descend of Sharpe who fought in the Napoleonic wars.

Richard Sharpe was a sergeant in the 95th Rifles serving in Portugal in 1809. When he singlehandedly saved the life of General Sir Arthur Wellesley.

You go, g.g.g. grandpa!
>>
>>69541110
American colonists provoked the French Indian War. You lot were so butthurt about being forbidden access to the Ohio valley and being caged in east of the missispi you declared war over it.

You have Ben Franklin going on about unborn english babies being denied existence for want of territory to expand into.

Meanwhile Britain spends a bloody fortune saving you from the vengeful French and asks that you help pay for the war with TEMPORARY taxes that were rescinded long before the revolution broke out and you fucking spazz out over it.

The whole war is a terrible kin slaying farce.
>>
We won because they got sloppy and over aggressive in the south and then just had bad luck at Yorktown. That, combined with a touch of incompetence created an unwinable situation.
>>
File: 1428636722237.png (366 KB, 452x450) Image search: [Google]
1428636722237.png
366 KB, 452x450
>>69539321
They were no large or any battles of size before Chinese intervention and arming. Don't kid yourself.

>And at the end of the day WE WON. we beat the global superpower at the time

Statement is as stupid as saying the Americans defeated nazi Germany single handed.

The truth is it wasn't even worth it in the end as there were bigger prizes like Latin America.

The American army was awesome but the majority of American soldiers were scum and villainy.

Congrats, you won against an empire that was already fighting other great empires, had to travel across the sea getting hit from all sides, transporting shit tier criminal conscripts while at the same time directing the navy and soldiers all across the world.

Lol... vietnamese..
>>
>>69541096
Did we though Washington Greene and other where able to score amazing wins from you guys. Trenton where the US Army managed to rout Hessian soldiers. Or bunker kills where British causalities where 5* more then the colonials.
>>
>>69541399
Well from the recent Scottish independence vote pretty much every single american on here thought it was still like braveheart here with those evil redcoats oppressing the scots.

The fact actually is the scots joined a union with england because they failed miserably setting up a colony and were dirt ass broke and england saved them.

Just like today England keeps them afloat, they get heaps of free shit like (free medical prescriptions) that people in england have to pay for. They are like the knife stabbing capital of europe.

If anyone is oppressed today, it's the english.
>>
>>69541400
Sorry no. Smuggler, Pirate, Distiller and Slave Trader.
>>
>>69541706
Bruh no taxation without representation all we fucking asked for was our say in parliament, And you denied it. Until then we saw ourselves as British citizens.
>>
File: 1456999049690.jpg (508 KB, 1177x1280) Image search: [Google]
1456999049690.jpg
508 KB, 1177x1280
>>69536775

1. Homefield advantage.

2. Shorter supply lines (didn't need to cross an ocean.

3. Innovative fighting techniques (learned from awesome Native Americans).

4. Powerful allies capable of repelling any attempt to establish naval supremacy (The war would have been lost without the French. End of fucking story. We owe EVERYTHING to the French aid offered during that era).

5. Determined resolve to make the necessary sacrifices to achieve their desired goal.

6. Simple good luck (Washington was a capable commander, but there were times when luck simple gave the patriots the advantage).

There are more reasons, of course, but these are some of the most significance.
>>
>>69536775
By being across the sea and working with france.
>>
>>69541706

>taxation
>without representation
>1765
>>
>>69541848
>Did we though Washington Greene and other where able to score amazing wins from you guys. Trenton where the US Army managed to rout Hessian soldiers

Um, are you autistic mate? It's not sinking in, is it?

I'm not discrediting americans but even the best soldiers of the world are no good without arms and supplies. Yours were from Mr. France.

Without them, none of what you said would have happened. You can't route hessian mercenaries using empty muskets.
>>
>>69541706
There were constant tiny border conflicts with the Indians. The French Indian war was just the escalation of a lot of bad blood between the two sides.
>>
>>69542041
I MEAN COME ON.
>>
File: pom.webm (69 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
pom.webm
69 KB, 500x322
>>69541706

hey, isn't 90% of canadian territory crownlease? owned outright by the queen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_ownership_in_Canada#Crown_Lands
>>
>>69542129
>It's not sinking in, is it?
Hey buddy, there's more than one other person responding to you. Check the ID.
>>
>>69536775
They where also fighting the French at the same time that's the big reason why they pulled out
>>
File: frenchie.jpg (17 KB, 209x300) Image search: [Google]
frenchie.jpg
17 KB, 209x300
>>69542008
ahem
>>
>>69536775
Gorilla warfare.
>>
>>69537149

Didn't Spain help out as well?
>>
>>69542239
True, it's just that i'm on the shitty laptop in this godforsaken land... it will be coming close to 7am in the morning back in merry old England.

Oh how I miss her so.

There are so many Jews in this city of New York. They don't even try and hide it.
>>
File: 1457886156229.gif (2 MB, 420x230) Image search: [Google]
1457886156229.gif
2 MB, 420x230
>>69542237
>hey, isn't 90% of canadian territory crownlease?

Legal technicality, in the same way that the Queen is still technically the head of state. She still has no real power or authority over much of anything.

In the same way, the lands technically belong to the crown, but the control and use of these lands is dictated ONLY by parliament, if I am not mistaken.
>>
>>69537114
And Spanish(only there naval support)
>>
The only honest answer: by being across the Atlantic, bigger geographically, and having a huge population.

Also Euro rivals ready for an excuse pounce on the old motherland.
>>
>>69542129
Yes france provided arms at the end. But until then the rebels where able to secure enough gunpowder and cannon to survive long enough for our superior diplomats who where able to convince France at the time to join on our side is no small win.
>>
File: 1408908178193.png (8 KB, 365x363) Image search: [Google]
1408908178193.png
8 KB, 365x363
>>69540650
>With what!? You would have been out of supplies right away.
So the Soviets did shit to win WWII? lol
>>
>>69542497
The fuck you doing in New York? Why did you have to leave merry old England? For a job right?
>>
>>69542460
Absolutely!

Because they were still crying over the seven years war taking a beating from the British.

They were allied with the French.
>>
>>69541706

Literally all could've been avoided if they held elections and appointed some lords to the colonies.
>>
>>69537827
Thanks for the history lesson, leaf-kun.
>>
>>69542497
Finance guy? I recommend some good rest, I'd hate to manage some fucker's IRA on jetlag.
>>
>>69542041
>not knowing the British Parliament represented the colonies as well the whole of the Empire.
>not knowing the American Colonists turned down 80 seats in Parliament because they wouldn't have a leg to stand on about 'unjust taxation'
>not knowing about whig support for the colonials
>not knowing all the leaders of the Revolution kept their titles and peerages, expecting to be let back into the club

Come on, nigger.
>>
>>69539779
I'm weirdly surprised no one else gets it...
>>
>>69542584
>And Spanish(only there naval support)

They did lots more like financed the siege of yorktown that lead to the surrender of general cornwallis.

>>69542613
Did you make that up in your head right now? Trolling? All that is garbage, check your own history.

>>69542671
apples and pears.

>>69542675
Gosh no, to see Trump tower! It's only a 4-5 hour flight, pretty cheap desu.
>>
>>69542888
Basement dwelling programmer, my pure soul can't deal with finance. I mean the orthodox juden, seen plenty of them in the streets,
>>
>>69542998
Meh Im just saying Bunker Hill, Trenton, ,Monmouth,and cowpens Where no small battles.
>>
>>69536775
In a similar manner to how the Vietcong "defeated" the US. The war had no end, was expensive, and was unpopular. If they wanted to keep sending troops they could have.
>>
>>69543094
>programming
I apologize in advance. Like you said, there's an unimaginable amount of Jews and Russians both in NYC. It's funny the people you get when you make a city a major financial center, but then you'd know better then I would on that.
>>
File: 2016-01-24 11.08.33.jpg (511 KB, 1439x833) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-24 11.08.33.jpg
511 KB, 1439x833
>>
>>69538245
Cool story, Ahmed. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>69543200
I still fail to see why most americans are reluctant to admit french involvement.

I admit Hitler would have defeated the british if we were joined via land because at the start of the war the British were not fully prepared for a full scale war just as the americans were not.

But time and time again americans make up this fantasy of a handful of farmers hiding in the woods and taking down the full british empire.

Not to mention the pointless loss of life.

The french and spanish were just slimy jews who used you to fight your own people.
>>
File: 1344985128074.jpg (732 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1344985128074.jpg
732 KB, 1162x850
>>69542998
>dat butthurt at American tenacity
>>
>>69543322
Never been to London, it looks 100x worse than NYC though. It feels really safe here but that's probably because of all the cops.

They're actually carrying real pointy shooters and some rather large ones.
>>
>>69536775
We will not do your history class homework for you. Read a damn book young 'un.
>>
>>69541262
>things that never happened
>>
All I know is how Australians defeated England.

>Be rapist in victorian society
>Raping sluts in alley ways and shit
>The queen gets all uppity and tell you you're in trouble
>Your punishment is free trip to australian paradise
>get worries when you arrive and all that's there to rape is abos and wallabies
>obviously fuck wallabies because you don't want to get your dick dirty
>englands next shipment to australia is all of englands prostitutes
>spend life raping prostitutes on a beach in paradise
>englishmen back in england complaining about the rain on their way to the black lung factory

rapists -1
english -0
>>
File: murrca.jpg (56 KB, 530x378) Image search: [Google]
murrca.jpg
56 KB, 530x378
>>69537114
>A lot of help from the French.
And Russians.

>Russia under Catherine the Great significantly affected the American Revolution through trade and diplomacy.
Also the British Empire was spread too thin. It was vast at the time. The largest empire the world has known. The US saw its chance and here we are today.

I'm not bong despite the flag. OK, I have bong citizenship. I'm from Rhodesia but my country got fucked up by blacks. It's Zimbabwe now and it's so bad that I can't even visit as I would surely be murdered. It feels bad.
My family were proper refugees. Not this pile of shit that Europe is getting just now. Fucking benefit shoppers.
It makes me really angry.
>>
>>69542129
>>69541916
>>69541564
>>69541096
How can one person be this butthurt and obsessed? What's it like to know your former colony is superior to you btw?
>>
>>69543725
Yeah, security has been beefed up due to recent events. Paranoia check: there's at least one plainclothes officer around every time you see officers on foot, see if you can find him!
>>
>>69543589
We are going to leave the EU. Europe will turn into the 3rd world. Obongo is bringing in 100,000 muslims this year to america and another 100,000 next year (population wise, that's a shit lot more than the uk is taking in) then add in your mexicans and blacks..

The British will be the only ones to rise out of all this. The eternal anglo can not and never will be defeated.

Then we will take every single colony back and more.

Just you wait, you traitor froggy lover.
>>
>>69543584
The thing though is no one is denying French involvement we would have lost if it wasn't for them and the Prussians to an extent. All i'm saying is The fact That the United States of America was able to accomplish a feat few others have and one the french tried and fell apart doing, Not only that but we as a country where able to survive being surrounded by the British, French, and Spanish all who could have steamrolled us but didn't instead we survived and thrived. Basically all im saying is this entire thing drove your king mad.
>>
>>69543879
This seems accurate
>>
>>69543584
They were, but then France an-hero'd (luckily as we would've owed them a lot of money), and we fucked Spain almost just as hard. Politics is fun like that.
>>
File: 1411243034757.jpg (176 KB, 680x750) Image search: [Google]
1411243034757.jpg
176 KB, 680x750
>>69543879
bongs btfo

>>69543923
>tfw rhodesians never die
>>
>>69540174
Underrated post
>>
>>69542891
Sources?
>>
File: 1454526803305.png (128 KB, 682x1016) Image search: [Google]
1454526803305.png
128 KB, 682x1016
>>69543879
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
>>69544039
>another 100,000 next year
>next year

Forget about us. You nerds can hardly keep Scotland attached.
>>
>>69543984
Look at my flag, punk. I have landed. The redcoats are back. I'm standing on the clay that was rightfully owned by my forefathers. Get out mexi-american!

>>69543992
Fugg, there are way too many people. Even late in the evening the streets are full. My home city is dead after 5pm.
>>
>>69540046
No fucking way were we were going to team up with the frogs to fight the Brits. I'm sure the French are a fine people, but yeah, no fucking way
>>
>>69538528
>complains about alliances
>conveniently ignores the tens of thousands of Hessians, native americans, and loyalists that aided the Brits or the fact that the British navy was 3 times larger than their combined opponents'.

Typical britbong education and denial
>>
>>69544172
Nah every army fought like that the french where white the Americans blue and the Brits red it was actually a very effective uniform.
>>
>>69537114
>>69537116
>>69537139
I'm learning about the French revolution in my college class right now. Why did France decide to help the Americans defeat Britain if it was going to make their government bankrupt and they didn't really get any territory out of it?
>>
File: 1459269465621.gif (161 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
1459269465621.gif
161 KB, 921x155
>>69543584
>I still fail to see why most americans are reluctant to admit french involvement.
It's because you're mentally ill and suffer from delusions. Maybe you have psychotic features from depression or something. In your disease addled hallucinations, you don't seem to realize that Americans are taught in school the importance of French involvement. Then throughout this thread, people have repeatedly told you that they are aware of how necessary the French were. And then even after all of that, you still go
>burrrrr hurrr durrr why don't Americans

It's just you, Muhammad. You're mentally retarded or something. Either that or you don't know how to read very well. Personally I think you're probably just a sandnigger and that explains your low IQ.
>>
File: GOLD.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
GOLD.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>69537151
>>
>>69537414
we mgs now
>>
File: 1438982006493.jpg (200 KB, 960x919) Image search: [Google]
1438982006493.jpg
200 KB, 960x919
>>69544039
>The eternal anglo can not and never will be defeated.
Agreed, we are anglo as well and should be true allies if you can uncuck yourselves

>Obongo is bringing in 100,000 muslims this year to america and another 100,000 next year (population wise, that's a shit lot more than the uk is taking in) then add in your mexicans and blacks..
pic related
>>
>>69544312
Yah instead they slaughtered you on mass at Gallipoli.
>>
>>69536775
The redcoats had poor leadership and the distance/time needed to confer with their superiors in England was too great

Also the patriots had the home field advantage, guerilla tactics and a LOT of help from the frogs
>>
>>69544344
The king was a sot and really liked Franklin (hint: this guy won the war), and the French and British had a lot of history fucking each other as much as they could. It wasn't until WW1 that you saw that old animosity thrown out of the way to stop the Hun.
>>
>>69544361
He's been right the entire time.
>>
>>69540416
The farmers and workers were as British as the soldiers. Everyone lived side by side until shit kicked off. It was a divided community, not Americans vs Brits
>>
>>69544264
>You nerds can hardly keep Scotland attached.

Oh woe is me. In other places a national party is super kkk nazi. In Scotland if you're a nationalist you are like sweden on speed and must celebrate spreading your ass 5 times a day to Jamal.

Trust me, scotland is a fucking shit hole. Wales is vastly superior if we're talking celtic countries.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 400x388
Mfw the site of the largest battle of the revolution is in my backyard
Feels good
>>
>>69543879
Austrailian fantasies are sad

>They would be employed in ‘factories’ (equivalent of the English workhouse) but often had to find their own accommodation, and would be under great pressure to pay for it with sexual services. In this way, all the women convicts tended to be regarded as prostitutes. But it is a popular misconception that they had originally been convicted of prostitution, as this was not a transportable offence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convict_women_in_Australia
>>
>>69544613
You're missing the point. Your empire will only continue to shrink. Enjoy living in our shadow!
>>
>>69544361
My name is Charles Elliott Worthington, thanks.
>>
File: home.png (622 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
home.png
622 KB, 2000x2000
>>69544163
>tfw rhodesians never die
We all die bru. It's God's plan.
What we do when we're alive defines us.
>>
>>69544650
If you dig your backyard up you will probably find a lot of skeletons.
>>
>>69536981
truly underrated
>>
>>69544546
Man, another bong that can't read and doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about and replies anyway. Fucking hell. Is it muslim immigration lowering your collective intelligence?
>>
>>69544719
>seppos in charge of knowing australian history
Watch this you fat dumb cunt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glure7MEE-k
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 667x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 667x960
theres a development on top, so they added a lot of fill, but the woods are untouched
>>
>>69544726
Maybe we shouldn't pick on others about shrinking empires so quickly, pal, not with us rolling our NATO commitments back.
>>
>>69540466
I disagree, the same cultural differences that set Europe apart and forged it's success are the same characteristics that have been celebrated, preserved and built upon in Canadan culture. Westerners don't always appreciate how singular our culture is
>>
>>69544726
Or rather the money saved from scotcuck can be poured into English military. Numbers are less important these days. We could fund another 5 nuclear armed subs that will do more damage than a scotcuck wearing his mothers lipstick.
>>
>>69544917
Meant for
>>69544786
>>
>hardly a country
>liked better by Europe than Britain.
>>
>>69544925
Rolling it back because we've deemed most of them to be useless. Those shmucks can't even keep goat herders out.
>>
>>69544538
this. france and england are mortal enemies. If france could fuck england just a little bit by helping the americans, it was worth it.
>>
>>69544786
Spooky
>>
>>69544907
All people have said is "french helped" I gave you an in depth description of said actual help.

Check your self, Hose.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 284x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 284x276
>>69544983
>numbers don't mean anything

Unless you're fighting a real big kid war.

>>69545067
>Hose
>>
>>69545056
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years'_War

over 100 fucking years those damn frogs couldn't leave us alone!
>>
>>69540891
They did, they knocked back heaps of taxes and stuff at the request of America. i read the King was even covering the tax on the tea so the price didn't increase in the colony
>>
>>69544538
The english did fight with the french before, in the crimean war. They were mostly friendly in the XIX century.
>>
>>69541014

But we didn't, We still had Canada and the Islands in the Caribbean
>>
>>69545444
>w-well we cornered the market on ganja and ice cubes
>>
>>69545576

>M-maybe if I s-stutter it'll p-prove him wrong
>>
>>69546099
Lost cotton, tobacco, wood, and furs.
>>
>>69536775
Mainly they avoided major set-piece battles with the British

In a few cases British armies on long marches had their supplies and men cut down by attrition from repeated hit and run attacks from auxiliary forces

After Saratoga the French gave full support to the war and this pulled the British attention elsewhere. Not long after the war became too much of a burden for the British, and it had always been relatively unpopular. So they wisely made peace, granting the colonies independence and guaranteeing their merchant fleet access to American ports and rivers.

The big losers of the Revolution were the French, actually.
>>
>>69545067
They did help though. And then you sperged out about it due to your inferiority complex.
>>
>>69536775
Attrition, Franco support economically, and good old fashioned cum quick leave fast warfare. They didnt call us swamp dogs in NC for nothing. These fuckers literally hid inna swamp.
>>
>>69539879
Lol look at the black guy hiding bottom right
>>
>>69546714
How did I never see that? damn.
>>
>>69540796
Both sides brutalized the other, especially in the southern colonies where the fighting got really bloody after the British General there, I forget his name, started stirring up loyalist sentiment. He'd intended this to solidify the Southern colonies as loyal subjects but instead loyalists and rebels started butchering one another. Nathaniel Greene started wrecking his ass until he finally got him into a set-piece battle... and won the day by gunning down a significant portion of his own troops. This killed his ability to move his army around and effectively lost the war in the South for the British.
>>
>>69538902
We couldn't pay the debts, because the US refused to pay us back what they had agreed to.
>>
File: 1454615364365.png (439 KB, 453x700) Image search: [Google]
1454615364365.png
439 KB, 453x700
ITT: Fine, British salt.
>>
>>69536775

The classic warfare style of the time was called line battles. And it's pretty self explainatory. You all stand in a line, aim your guns and when your commander yells "FIRE" you all shoot and who ever reloads the fastest and takes aim and shoots wins.

The American Army: Which was comprised of mainly pissed off farmers on whiskey, some german mercenaries, and a couple of french back country fuck tards (Some pirates were involved as well), analyzed this style of combat, they deducted that it was FUCKING POINTLESS and decided to start shooting people from the trees when they would pass through forests, or charge the british straight on before they could amass their brilliant line formation before anyone could aim their guns.

So my friend OP that is how the Americans (and friends) won the revolutionary war. We bestest England in war, just like we always do and this is why now France is our main military ally.
>>
>>69541564

Good series but Sharpe didn't father any faggots like you.
>>
>>69536775
>>69544344

Because the kikes backed it as they saw it as a place they could infiltrate and use to genocide Europeans culturally and literally (which the USA has done since as the prime exporter of Euro killing and degenerate culture) for a long time the USA resisted but in the end they got a central bank and the rest is history. France literally bankrupted itself to help as it was a kike pawn (France is still a hotbed of white genocide) and degenerate liberalism spread to Europe through it, cue then slaughterings of the goyim for the next few decades all the way up to the battle of waterloo.

This guy gets it:>>69537487

Also it was a brutal civil war, the British in north anetica did not just wake up one day as "American" brother killed brother blood drunk on jew gold and it had significant support back in London and the rest of the UK.

>t. Eternal Anglo.
>>
>>69536775
crashed the british economy with no survivors
>>
File: 12-idiocracy-aen1pz9.gif (2 MB, 303x228) Image search: [Google]
12-idiocracy-aen1pz9.gif
2 MB, 303x228
>>69549433
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.