[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Munk debate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: _72436065_ukip.jpg (35 KB, 464x261) Image search: [Google]
_72436065_ukip.jpg
35 KB, 464x261
Nigel Farage will be a participant in tomorrow's Munk debate about Syrian refugees.

I'm part of a debate club at Western university and we have a ticket to spare for a lucky /pol/ack. Any extras are welcome to sit with us but you'll have to pay full price. Me and another anon are confirmed and we have one more spare ticket.

We are leaving campus 10:30 am driving to yorkdale mall. We will have a bit to poke around there before taking the subway to queens park where will have a tour of the legislature before going to dinner then the debate.

Please reply if interested
>>
>>69531642
So fucking excited!

Already got my tickets.
>>
>>69531642
So you guys are all undergrad?

I'm also at Western.
>>
Made a new thread. Search Nigel and it should come up>>69532958

Yeah! I'm at Kings!
>>
>>69533164
I'm not seeing this new thread
>>
I'd like to give you all a time and place but my group is pretty much making it up as we go along but we'll be in Toronto all afternoon.

Any Londoners need a ride up there?
>>
>>6953333>>69533336
Sorry disregard that. It was on my clipboard for a post on last thread
This is the official thread
>>
>>69533435
I see.

Yeah, Kings is good. Had a John Donne class there, found out after the class was over that the prof is a world-renowned Shakespeare scholar.
>>
>>69533584
Yeah I know about him. Great prof

I'm a third year history major, hoping to go to law school after in the US. Do you want to come with us to Toronto ?
>>
>>69533718
I have class until 3, then me and the gf are driving like madmen to get there on time.

Are you guys all over 19? Are you planning on going to a bar/pub afterwards?
>>
>>69533906
Ah we are leaving at 10:30 but doing shit in Toronto

Yes we are all over 19. I'm 21, depending on the hour I'm sure we could visit a pub. Might find Nigel there
>>
>>69534051
>Might find Nigel there
Excellent point.

If you guys end up going to the pub, I might join you. I have your fb from last thread, so I'll contact you if that ends up being a possibility for me.

How much do you know about the other three people debating?
>>
>>69534345
The people in favor of the motion are pretty low profile activists

Nigel and Steyn are both very established, Steyn is a contributer to various media talk shows and is a Islam critic.

It's going to be brutal
>>
>>69534743
You're underestimating the other side. Louise Arbour was a Supreme Court Justice. All of her opinions are wrong, but she's quite sharp. The other guy is a prolific historian.

It probably will be brutal, because neither of them are used to an audience or having to think much on their feet, but they're both quite intelligent.

Also, Arbour is responsible for my favorite and least favorite dissents in SCC history: Favorite in http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/scc/doc/2002/2002scc23/2002scc23.html because she's the only one that argues that giving preference to citizens over non-citizens is not discrimination under the Charter, and least favorite in http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/scc/doc/2002/2002scc84/2002scc84.html for saying that the Charter recognizes positive rights, something that would absolutely destroy the country in the long run.
>>
>>69534743
>>69535812
Sorry, the first one was a concurrence, not a dissent.
>>
>>69535812
Interesting, at least she's not completely lost

I hope we get a chance to meet them all but I'm not sure it'll be possible
>>
>>69536359
>I hope we get a chance to meet them all but I'm not sure it'll be possible
You think there's a chance we'd meet any of them? This is kind of a huge event. I don't think they even have tickets for sale anymore.
>>
>>69536590
There will be thousands there, it's doubtful but maybe we could find Nigel outside or lure him towards us with union Jacks, lager and cig smoke
>>
>>69536789
And Steyn with large images depicting the prophet Mohammed.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.