[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Eurofighter is a steaming pile of shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1459405204071.jpg (266 KB, 1200x812) Image search: [Google]
1459405204071.jpg
266 KB, 1200x812
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/03/eurofighter_nao_analysis/

Is it true?
>>
>>>/k/
>>
>>69526932
Sure. German politicking and consequent delays, program fragmentation and inevitably reduced orders pushed the price up way, way higher than it needed to be. Basically blame the krauts for turning the program into a clusterfuck.

The plane itself is mostly fine though and still useful.
>>
Cuck fighter
>>
>>69526932
Good, maybe Janus won't steal this one.
>>
tornado>eurofighter

Discuss.
>>
>>69528521
No, tornado is more like bomber + rekt in iraq '90
>>
>>69526932
The costs he is quoting are astronomical.
>>
So, the first page is basically just whining that the UK throws away most of its first delivery eurofighters, without explaining why it does so, and just blames it on the plane.

Also, some whining about badly done contracts, that were nevertheless signed.

Are there actually worthwile complaints in there, or is it just more whining about what's actually their governments fault?

I mean, I don't think too highly of the plane, it's an outdated concept promised as the future, but come on.
>>
>>69529077
The UK has no ground to stand on.

They wanted to remove the cannon from the plane because bullets are too expensive, but it would mess up the structure of the plane so they kept it.
>>
>>69526932
It's a plane that was supposed to come out 30 years ago but kept getting delayed because everyone involved in the project thought it was shit.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.