[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What killed the atmosphere of fun in America? Was it 9/11? Social
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1458959203936.jpg (91 KB, 618x800) Image search: [Google]
1458959203936.jpg
91 KB, 618x800
What killed the atmosphere of fun in America? Was it 9/11? Social Media?
>>
Columbine did
>>
File: chair.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
chair.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
Latvia. Those bastard ruin everything.
>>
>>69525679
1999 WTO protest
>>
>>69525679
IMO it was 9/11 but >>69526888 was also part of it
>>
>>69525679
>>
File: tears.jpg (57 KB, 511x521) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
57 KB, 511x521
>>69525679
A Real Human Emotion
And A Real Feel
>>
>>69525679
Immigrants
>>
9/11 ruined everything, then jewbook
>>
File: 8YRvtIu.jpg (33 KB, 549x383) Image search: [Google]
8YRvtIu.jpg
33 KB, 549x383
>>69525679
Happened all over the West, mate. What killed it? Pic related. Leftist retards who have never had to cope with reality scream out for fantasy policies, only to have them implemented by career politicians that only care about votes. The result has been a disaster.
>>
>>69525679
When you stopped being a teenager.
>>
>>69525679
2000 Election tie pretty much split the nation in a way that we haven't yet recovered. We actually got a brief respite in 9/11 when everyone felt all emotional and unified, but then the wars started and it fell to pieces again.
>>
>>69527066
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i_4xEBCdys

ughhh I knew tons of people like this whenever I lived in Olympia. What have any of them actually done to help? How did the protests actually HELP anyone?
>>
>>69525679

In no particular order:

>1st generation of totally free women
>9/11
>no more enemy (fall of the Soviets prelude)
>replacing a global threat with goat farmers as a foreign enemy (thanks Bush and Cheney)
>bankrupting the US
>global banksters sucking the life out of the Western world
>the internet (as good as it is, web 2.0 destroyed the youth)
>video games
>mainstream tv
>music and art turning to shit
>hollywood mainstream
>celebrity role models
>pop culture role models for women (Sex and the city)
>school shootings
>Waco followed by Ok city

The last 30 years have been a clusterfuck.
>>
>>69525679
The internet in general
>>
>>69525679
Cultural Marxism
>>
It was the Internet that destroyed everything
>>
>>69525679

It was definitely social media.

People used to call you up, come over to your house, whatever.

Now you'll rarely talk to someone on the phone, it's almost always through text which makes our relationships very disconnected.
>>
>>69525679
9/11

That event changed America, and frankly the world as a result, for good. I'd love to see an alternate timeline where it never happened. Not was thwarted, because then it'd be implied terrorism for years, but i mean wasn't even a thing. I feel like we would still say things are shit, but compared to how things are now, we'd be a lot less of a nanny state.
>>
Definitely the rise of the cellphone, which coincided with 9/11 & Iraq, so that's why they seem to get the blame.

In the pre-cellphone world you could tell your friend to meet you somewhere at 3pm and they would just be there, like magic. Even If they were going to blow you off they would at least show up to tell you.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.