[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a social worker at a welfare office in the inner city.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: EP-708229844[1].jpg (745 KB, 4000x2118) Image search: [Google]
EP-708229844[1].jpg
745 KB, 4000x2118
I'm a social worker at a welfare office in the inner city. I'm liberal about a lot of issues. My coworkers are liberals. Our education was liberal based. The guy with the cubicle next to mine has a car covered in bumper stickers, 'Bernie Sanders 2016' and NPR among them. However, I hold an unpopular opinion, considering my colleagues. I believe that the most disadvantaged group in America is poor rural whites. Yes, inner city blacks have a lot of issues and can use all the help they can get, but their position is enviable by comparison.

Poor rural whites live in areas with little or no social services or programs. If they're lucky enough to jump through the hoops to get their SNAP card, the places they can use it are few and far between. Underfunded rural schools make inner city schools look like the Lyceum. The local job market is scant to non-existent.

To add insult to injury, their plight is either ignored or openly mocked. The poor city black is pitied, and there are calls for programs to aid him. The poor country white is somehow at fault for his own lack of resources and education, and few make any move to help him. People who would blush or gasp at the mention of a racial slur will blurt out phrases like "white trash" or "hick" like it's nothing. The aforementioned coworker, the Sanders supporter, affects a stereotypical hillbilly accent when lampooning Trump supporters. Neither he, nor anyone else, sees anything wrong with this.

It's really starting to piss me off.
>>
You work in a welfare office and you complain about white guilt cucks? That's like working in a sewage treatment plant and complaining about the smell of shit.

Why not just put in a transfer for West Virginia? You'd get to help plenty of poor whites there.
>>
>>69514659
>liberals hate whites
>thinks this is new information
>>
>>69514659
It is obvious contradictions like this OP, that prevent any political party from gaining true dominance.
>>
>>69514659
Liberals are a cancer anon, stop being one. They hate everyone who isn't them with a passion and fury only matched by dedicated skinheads and elderly KKK members.

In the end, it's a gene war. Liberals are r-selected cucks and sluts, whereas those poor rural whites are basically the last remnants of the K-selected geneset. Of course your co-workers don't see a problem. Do you see a problem if, as a rabbit, the wolves suddenly started to die off?

No, you'd be ecstatic! You'd have tons of rabbit babies and think the rabbit utopia has finally arrived! That is, until you dumb rabbits, being dumb by definition after all, eat all the grass up. Turns out, the wolves were doing you a favor and you should have tried to help them with their problems. Now they dead, and because you're an idiot, you are too. Enjoy your coming nigger mudslime overlords, Allah Snackbar!
>>
poor rural whites would mostly still be poor whites in urban centers. blacks get the pity because america historically treated them like they weren't even people
>>
I'm not interested in debating who is worse off. I want policy that helps bring everyone out of poverty regardless of race or gender. Blacks are severely disadvantaged in important ways, but they do have some advantages that whites may not. That's not really the issue for me. We wamt to lift up our lowest regardless.
>>
>>69514659

/pol/ is not your personal blog
>>
File: mayne.jpg (36 KB, 526x346) Image search: [Google]
mayne.jpg
36 KB, 526x346
>>69514659
It's good that you see the hypocrisy. Keep doing what you are doing if you think you are helping people.

Rural areas do have support networks through churches though, it's tough but people can get by. At least the crime isn't as bad as inner city, right?
>>
>>69514659
Be sure to show this video to them. Be certain to point out that an orthodox Jew is saying all of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxZRuL65wQ
>>
File: maxresdefault[2].jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[2].jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
>>69515523
If poor rural whites are the most mocked group, poor urban whites are the most ignored. White people make up the majority of the urban poor, but you wouldn't know it watching TV. When people in America think "urban poverty," they don't think of places like Tulsa, Oklahoma or Oildale, California. When white urban poverty is concentrated and large enough to form a true ghetto, it is, again, ignored or mocked.

>>69515089
I'm often home sick for eastern Oklahoma where I grew up, but my wife has a lot more family here than I have there, so we've decided to stay.

>>69515352
>contradictions
Indeed. I help welfare recipients and believe in the importance of the safety net, but on home visit days, I carry a gun.
>>
>>69515951
Orthodox is the liberal's least favorite flavor of Jew. They'll deal with conservative Jews, they prefer reformist Jews, but their favorite is the completely non-religious, vaguely ethnically Jewish "Jew".

>>69515717
I don't know if the crime is less, but it's different. Crime in rural areas tends to happen more between family members behind closed doors than it does between strangers on the street. Other social ills like substance abuse and suicide are worse in rural areas than in urban areas.

>>69515590
It's a debate that needs to happen. There are vast swaths of people in dire need that we, as a society, choose to neglect, and I'm hard pressed to find anyone else that gives a fuck.

>>69515660
I thought the topic I'm proposing we discuss was pretty easy to discern from my post.
>>
>>69518138
Turn their tactics against them. Jews are a protected class anyway so call em' anti-semetic for saying he's wrong. You could also show them Milo Yiannopouls, proud nigger-loving gay who's also conservative. Why, they must be homophobic if they hate him!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.