[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who shot BlockBuster?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 423456.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
423456.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
Who shot BlockBuster?
>>
Netflix
>>
>>69506261
And Redbox.
>>
If vidya games hadn't all gone to shit they would've survived.
Renting a game for $5 and beating it in 3 days was a good deal senpai. But eventually they all just turned into cawadoody micro transaction bullshit so no one even wanted to rent games no more.
>>
>>69506549
TOWARDS THE END RENTING COST LIKE 9.99 LOL
>>
Hollywood Video was better it had an animated section
>>
>>69506196
netflix and redbox killed video renting and video games killed video game renting
>>
>>69506537
Doesn't blockbuster own redbox?
>>
>Still have Super Troopers on VHS that I never returned OR rewound

I win, Blockbuster. I win.
>>
>>69507016
>tfw when no VCR
>>
>>69506905

Dish bought Blockbuster...

Blockbuster had the opportunity to purchase Netflix when it started.
>refused
>tried their own model of DVD by mail, return at store
>Superslow delivery because only like 2 distribution centers nationwide
>Netflix got stuff out in 24hours
>eventually Blockbuster started shuttering stores
>bought out by Dish

Theres only like 3 Blockbuster brick and mortars left,,, I think they are in Alaska somewhere..
>>
free market shot blockbuster
>>
Blockbuster was a cancer in the film industry. Watching them drown was simply beautiful.

They were one of a handful of influences that turned movies into commoditized corporate cuck garbage.
>>
>>69506196
>tfw I still have my copy of pikmin that I never returned
>>
>>69507408
Blockbuster did try something else with it: Game rentals and return one at store, get another one to go home with while you wait for the other to arrive.

Both decent ideas, but still died to Netflix because of their other asinine policies and eventual lack of streaming.
>>
File: 1455849110193.gif (2 MB, 257x193) Image search: [Google]
1455849110193.gif
2 MB, 257x193
>>69508573
>mfw every time my family moved I'd rent as many games as I wanted and just kept them
>>
>>69506549
>>>>/vr/
>>
File: 1453355356357.png (2 MB, 1892x1797) Image search: [Google]
1453355356357.png
2 MB, 1892x1797
>>69506196
>not going to the closing sales at blockbuster and getting movies on the cheap

best time of my life
>>
>>69508490
Netflix is more garbage than Blockbuster ever was. Any chance of them getting cucked out the market in the near future?
>>
>>69509497
Not for a while but you can help by not subscribing to them.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.