[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About Falklands-Malvinas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: falklands-malvinas.jpg (129 KB, 1200x962) Image search: [Google]
falklands-malvinas.jpg
129 KB, 1200x962
There's something i don't quite understand
I found something that bothers me in this argentinian cartoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKkcTpCur7g

1:11
It says, Spain first discovered falklands-malvinas in XVI century.

However, in many sources, including wikipedia, we can find, that it was first discovered by british captain John Strong with his trustworthy vessel, HMS Welfare

>The first recorded landing on the islands is attributed to English captain John Strong, who, en route to Peru's and Chile's littoral in 1690, discovered the Falkland Sound and noted the islands' water and game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland_Islands

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Strong_(mariner)

So, who's right?
>>
The Argentenians are wrong. The Falklands are justifiably British.
>>
>>69499461
I don't care if this is british or argentinian thing.
I'm just curious, who discovered it first, britain, or spain?
>>
>>69499811
It was uninhabited initially. The first settlement was made by the French, then the British, then the Spanish. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Falkland_Islands
It's complicated.
>>
>>69500748
But the cartoon says, the British and the French arrived after Spain.
>>
>>69500992
Arrived or settled/colonized? Because the French and British beat the Spanish to the 2nd one without a doubt.
>>
>>69501271
Wiki says, that malvinas-falklands were discovered by the British.
But cartoon says, that they came after Spain.

So Spain discovered them first, when they were uninhabitable, but officaly it was the British, that discovered them first?

>>
Islands are on our continental shelf. Therefore belong to us according to international law.
Instead of fighting to get them legally we fought a war for them and lost. So there's that...
But, war was declared by an unconstitutional government. So we could argue it was "illegitimate"

The funny part is that the unconstitutional government was fueled by USA and foreign interests. And this government fought a war against the people who helped them to try and perpetuate themselves in power.
>>
>>69501735
Yep. It's been fun talking, Pollak.
>>
>>69499246

Gas the Argies
Falkland war now
>>
>>69501977
>>69502081
I don't fucking care you morons, if falklands-malvinas are argentinian, or british. I just want to know, who discovered them first.
>>
Argies the Island belongs to the brits, why the fuck are you argies so bitter over a rock ?. There's a reason why falklands doesn't want to be a part of cucktina
>first, cucktina is shit
>second, most of the population is british
>>
File: crazyadventuresofasstralia.png (36 KB, 840x836) Image search: [Google]
crazyadventuresofasstralia.png
36 KB, 840x836
Bump
>>
>>69503186
what the fuck is this
>>
>>69503324
This is what we called "A pollandball comic"
>>
>>69502482
>Swedish calling me a cuck
>>
File: 1403187210933.jpg (35 KB, 318x308) Image search: [Google]
1403187210933.jpg
35 KB, 318x308
>mfw Argies will NEVER EVER get the Falklands
>>
>>69501977
Being on your continental shelf is not a valid claim. Spain did not hold them when they created Argentina. Furthermore, British citizens live there, and voted overwhelmingly to remain British in a recent referendum.

Face it, the war destroyed the nano-chance you had of legitimately obtaining the islands. You know if you resolve the claim through legal means it will be dropped, so you hold the claim, waiting like vultures until you smell weakness.

What right do Argentinans have to the islands anyway? The people living there aren't Argentinian, and there has never been an Argentinian colony there.
>>
Oh, c'mon guys.
You sure know the best answer for this one.
>>
>>69503186
DELET THIS
You buggers don't know how savage those bastards are.
They won the battle, but we won the war. It was a slow bloody one, but through our perseverance we eventually conquered.
The emus are now wanderers in our land and the atrocities we committed have been lost to history.
Never forget.
>>
>>69504354
there was one Argentine colony though
>>
>>69501735

Britain discovered them.

Then France colonised them, then left. Then Britain colonised them, then left. The Spain colonised them. The Britain returned kicked the Spanish off and re-colonised them.

Then the Spanish Empire collapsed and Argentina was created.

Britain discovered the islands and has owned them for longer than Argentina has existed as a country.

In addition to that the inhabitants of the Falklands took a democratic vote and all decided they wanted to remain British
Argentina feels that might makes right though, so they have the right to conquer the Falklands. Unfortunately they have a piss poor military and are incapable of defeating Britain in war.

So we have the stupid situation where Argentina has no legal or moral claim and have no capability to seize the islands by force and just whine about it constantly.
>>
>>69504700
And what about the cartoon, where it says, that the Spain was the first one, who discovered them?
>>
>>69502223

The British explorer John Strong discovered them in 1690.
>>
>>69505005
I thought you already got your answer?

A Brit found them first, but the French colonised them first.

And I don't know why you're getting so upset when Argies and Brits burst in to make their cases for the ownership of the Falklands. This topic always brings out a heated discussion and you just need to take it in your stride that not every reply will be in response to your original question.
>>
>>69505005
>And what about the cartoon, where it says, that the Spain was the first one, who discovered them?

The cartoon is being deliberately misleading.

The Argentinians do not believe that Spain discovered the Falklands, the Argentinian name for the islands 'Islas Malvinas' comes from the French word 'Îles Malouines' and some Argentinians claim that France discovered the islands in 1764 and the British claim is false.

The cartoon is pretending that Spain had the first colony.
>>
>>69505106
Indeed, but i want to know, why creators of this cartoon said, that falklands-malvinas was first discovered by Spain in XVI cenutury,

>>69505312
>I thought you already got your answer?

Not yet. See this ↑

>A Brit found them first, but the French colonised them first.

This is what many sources are actually saying. I'm okay with that.

>And I don't know why you're getting so upset when Argies and Brits burst in to make their cases for the ownership of the Falklands.

I just want to know answers for my questions, and meanwhile they're throwing their shit at each other. I don't care about your islands, britbong.

>This topic always brings out a heated discussion and you just need to take it in your stride that not every reply will be in response to your original question.

I'm not new in this, but i'm tired of this shit.
>>
>>69504609
There wasn't, but feel free to post any sources stating otherwise.
>>
>>69505655
>The cartoon is pretending that Spain had the first colony.

And that's what i'm talking about for the whole time.

So it's a lie then?
>>
>>69502482
Take care of your mom faggot i bet shes being blacked at the bus stop. KEK
>>
>>69499246
Probably the article considering the propagandist nature of the cartoon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_history_of_the_Falkland_Islands
Looking at the timeline it's still possible that the Spanish landed or at least charted them first.
>>
>>69506183
Yes. Argues lie.
>>
Idk
But people there are very white like Argentinans
I think it belong to Argentine.
>>
>>69506342
>its possible
>proof
>>
>>69506050
Okay, fair enough.

>>69506246
Out of interest, what is your / the people's opinion of the Argentinian claim to the Falklands?

I've always assumed you were on our side due to the Argies also claiming a lot of the islands at the very south of South America, despite you Chileans also having a claim.
>>
>>69506644
Im not chilean. i just live here
>>
>>69506050
>I just want to know answers for my questions, and meanwhile they're throwing their shit at each other. I don't care about your islands, britbong.

Bit difficult to believe that when you just posted a 15 minute piece of Argentinian propaganda. Which explicitly goes on about the ownership of the islands. If you're just interested in History go to /his/.
>>
>>69506797
Your flag says you live in Texas.
>>
>>69507156
>a 15 minute piece of Argentinian propaganda
How should i know, if this is a propaganda material? I'm not an argentinian, i even live in another part of a world, for fucking sake.

>If you're just interested in History go to /his/.
I'll take your advice, but i thought it would be better to post it on /pol/
>>
>>69507156
/his/ is shit
>>
>>69507538
>How should i know, if this is a propaganda material? I'm not an argentinian, i even live in another part of a world, for fucking sake.

Not my fault the polish education system can't make you recognize basic material.

Now on to more important things mate, when are you coming over to finish the rest of the tiling in my bathroom?

Getting ridiculous now Mateusz.
>>
>>69499246
[EVIL RAF LAUGHTER]
>>
>>69507763
>Not my fault the polish education system can't make you recognize basic material.

Don't get so cocky traitor, i bet you wouldn't recognize a propaganda material, even if it would hit you in the face. It just a kid show. Shouldn't you be disgusted? Instead, you're acting like a retarded subhuman brit.

>Now on to more important things mate, when are you coming over to finish the rest of the tiling in my bathroom?

They will be done, once you finish your daily bowl of muhammad cock, sir.

>Getting ridiculous now Mateusz.
Look who's saying. What's wrong with people, that want some others opinions? Are you that mad, about those shitty islands?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.