[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Republicans obsessed with "small government"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: gop_mean.png (69 KB, 310x233) Image search: [Google]
gop_mean.png
69 KB, 310x233
Why are Republicans obsessed with "small government" while autistically pursuing laws that force their religious beliefs on people?

Is there no sense of hypocrisy here?

hardmode: actually answer the question, and not simply attack the left for doing things in the name of SJW shit.
>>
>>69498044
The Republicans subsidize multi-national corporations to ensure political money for themselves. The hypocrisy is monumental and their followers never make a penny.
>>
>>69498044

>force religious beliefs
>>
>>69499641
>abortion rights
>"evolution and creation are on equal footing"
>keep "under god" in school
>keep "in god we trust" on the money
>>
>>69500298
I'm all for abortions since it lowers the population of potential degenerates. but the pro-life people believe that abortion is murder. They are against abortion because they see it as murdering a baby. I don't believe someone has to be religious to believe that.
>>
>>69498044
There are factions of conservatism: neocons, social conservatives, and libertarians. The Republican Party tries to further the interests of these factions, but sometimes they conflict. To try to satisfy everyone, compromises must be made that certain factions do not agree with, but they are promised something else later down the line. This is call power brokering and happens all the time in DC.
>>
>>69498044
Small government is a myth. Republicans are not for it, in any way, at all.

But Republicans pander to the dumbest populations that they can find. And those populations are dumb enough to believe in the myth that Republicans are for small government.

Republicans want a fuck-huge government--way more than Democrats. The difference is that Republicans aren't willing to pay for it, and Democrats think that we should.
>>
>>69498044

Small government means low taxes and free enterprise. It has nothing to do with the role the government has to preserve and guide society
>>
>>69500298

1) Abortion's that are not medically necessary are murders of a human being. Nothing to do with religion.

2) Both are theories. If you're going to promote one in schools, you better promote them all.

3 & 4) Despite what your libtard friends claim, the USA was founded on Christian principles. Don't think so? Read the Declaration of Independence.
>>
>>69500980
Are you sure you're Greek? Because that sounded Republican-as-fuck. Moronic, but Republican.
>>
The Rise of Trump is the result of just the opposite, a split in the Republicans. We don't care about gay marriage, I don't hate Blacks or anyone else that respects me as a human being. Most of us are not particularly religious. Yes Trump has said some stupid things, but he will make the world stop laughing at America. We've become a joke. If he is cheated by the Republicans, l will vote for no one! Let Shillary have it! Fuck it! I'll be out on the back porch with a bottle of jack watching it all turn to shit! Join me ANONS!
>>
>>69501243

I am Greek but obviously have a better grasp of American history. America used to have anti miscegenation laws laws that blocked Chinese and non European immigration laws that segregated the races etc There is no contradiction unless you are a mongoloid who doesn't know what small government means
>>
Someone will post that quote mentioning how Christians fucked right wing politics.
>>
>>69501660
The contradiction is that you think it's the government's job to tell everyone what to do, except when it comes to commerce because that's the magical exception. Oh, and although you're going to tell everyone how to live their lives? You won't pay for the cost of enforcing child-throwing-a-tantrum, reactionary laws.
>>
Hasn't been a conservative who uses small govt platform in a while.
>>
>>69498044

I hate republicans & democrats almost equally.
>>
>>69502120
But you also don't vote, so no one gives a shit about your feels.
>>
>>69501929
I see you've never heard of market failures, externalities, common pool resource, coase theorem, or the tragedy of the commons. We fucking need government in the industry cuck
>>
>>69498044
>All republicans are the same
just like
>everyone on /pol/ is the same person
stop
>>
>>69502400
>Any of that addresses the contradiction between saying government should regulate our lives except when it comes to commerce
Oh wait: I just checked and it doesn't.
>>
>>69500298
Is that it? Because I can list some countries where I can kill you for not being Muslim. I think you'll be alright.
>>
>>69501131
Ignorant as fuck.
You need to go read about what the word "theory" means in a scientific context. They most certainly are not in any way on equal footing. One is testable and falsifiable, and has been proven in every way possible, with mountains of evidence. The other is a fairy tale. Pull your head out of your ass.

Also.... again, you need to go read about the founding fathers perspective on this subject. Most were at best "deists", definitely not christians, and several have made statements directly refuting the idea that the the country is a "christian nation". Thomas Jefferson made personal guarantees to the effect on more than one occasion.

You shouldn't pretend to know about thing you have obviously not taken the time to learn about.
>>
>>69501131
Bad b8 m8
>>
Is reddit down or something?
>>
File: 1456619454658.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456619454658.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
>>69498044
Conservatism is incoherent because its only principle is the preservation of everything old that might still be preserved. I became a libertarian when I realized how idiotic conservatism is. Like liberalism, it's just a cultural and psychological vent, not a coherent set of ideas for fixing the country.
>>
>>69498044
You're absolutely right. There is only one type of Republican and they are all exactly the same as your explanation. It is entirely impossible that these are views held by wholly different people that just happen to have had to force themselves into the same political party due to our two party system
>>
>>69503024
It's not a matter of "who has it worse", it's a matter of blatant hypocrisy.

I'm not defending Islam, which is 100x worse than Christianity, so don't start with this bullshit.
>>
>>69503126
"One is testable and falsifiable, and has been proven in every way possible, with mountains of evidence."

Really? Evolve something for me. Right now.

FYI, the individual statements of random Founding Fathers did NOT establish us as a nation. The DOI did. You have no argument.
>>
>>69503630
The Tea Party is exactly what I described, just throw in the gay marriage opposition and you're golden.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.